Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45080 times)

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2018, 05:50:32 pm »

Fine! Take it! You yell, as you throw the pack over your shoulder, and then towards him. The sack slides across the ashes, and the screaming man puts his foot on it. He tries to open the simple pack to look inside, still keeping his gun trained on you. He's not looking at you, though, but you know enough about peripheral vision to know it isn't worth the risk.
F-FUCKING A! WATER! HAHAHAHAAAAA! He hollers, cheering in jubilation with his non-gun hand. Your hand, in the meantime, slowly goes towards the sawed-off. He's not paying that much attention. He takes out a bottle of water from the pack, and tries to open it with just the strength of his fingers. You notice that they're coloured black, and he grits his teeth in pain as he tries to get the simple plastic cap off. He swears and curses, until, finally, he uses his gun hand to open the thing with a quick twist.
All you needed.
In a smooth motion, you fire the sawed-off. The blast echoes through the ashen desert as the pellets tear the bandit apart. He flies back, both from the blast and from a reflexive jumping. He drops his gun as he falls, screaming in pain. He's dusted, but the damned fool didn't have the good sense to die. The stupid fuck dropped the bottle he was holding open. You do your best to place it upright again, but god-damn it, half the contents are already gone by the time you manage to save it.
Mother-FUCKER!

You stomp over to the dying man on the floor, twitching and crying as the blood keeps gushing out of him. His face is ruined, but the main damage is in his chest. You can probably see his organs, but you've got something else in mind. You get on your knees next to the dying man, and raise a fist.
*Crack*
You crack the dying man's nose with a straight punch, and quickly start following up your punches as you start swearing and screaming at the bastard.
YOU. STUPID. FUCKING. ASSHOLE. Every word leads to another punch as the man just starts crying, trying to keep his hands in front of your fists, to no avail. You pull out your shotgun again, and start whipping the man with it, causing his face to bend and distort from the blows already. He's still not dead, though he's quite dazed. You're still swearing and cursing, and your knuckles are bleeding as the man is reduced to basically nothing more than pulp on your knuckles. Out of breath, you stand up and spit on his corpse. He twitches, and you stomp his head one final time. That put an end to his twitching.
That's the end of that. You reload your sawed-off, and look at the kid. She's been staring at you demolishing the rat bastard, too scared to speak. Still winded, you start to strip the man of his valuables, such as they are. Pieces of metal, with enough straps to serve as armor. Hardly proper armor, and it sure as shit didn't help against the pellets. You've got enough to cover about and arm and a leg, based on where he put it. It'll work for whatever DOES hit that part, of course...

Looking around, you DO notice that he wasn't just hiding in that dune for a few seconds. You find a pack filled with goodies, though the pack itself is broken. The underside is ripped apart, and the hide can't be anything more than rat and the residual filth that rat bastard emitted. Still, wrapped in paper, you find a few edibles. Two bits of radroach meat, a strip of flesh, and even some bread! You've heard there were bakers around here, but you sure didn't expect to find an actual loaf of bread around. There was also a can of cram in there, which is likely the safest thing to eat after the bread. At least your food situation is solved, until you reach the town at least. Maybe it was worth a shell and half a bottle of water. Who knows. You are absolutely covered in blood though, probably shouldn't have let your temper get the best of you, but god-damn it. He was dead, you were angry, and damn if it didn't feel good. To hell with it. You'd better keep moving.

Sure enough, you get a confirmation you made good time. The town is on the horizon! Good thing, too, you were down to your last bottle of water, and the radroach and mystery meat weren't exactly fine dining. The kid managed, though she was clearly not used to the unique taste.
And there it is, Lagniappe!
That's a weird name.
Louisiana had a lot of European influance. I think that's... uh. Belgian? I think it's Belgian.
What's a Belgian?
Some old country known for chocolates and kiddie rape. Pretty sure they only made the first to get to the other. Well, that's what one of the papers said, at least. It's not exactly great reading material, keep going on about something called "baseball", and otherwise they just mention the war.
Do you think they're dead too?
Shit, who knows? For all we know, things are worse over there. People come up with all sorts of stories, but nobody knows. Nobody's able to cross the sea, you know?
What's the sea?
Big lake, filled with salt. Lupus said he saw it once, said it was where his tribe was before his Legion service. Whatever, stupid fuck's dead now.
The town appears peaceful, even up close. Mostly brick housing that managed to stay up, and then the locals got to expanding and "improving" them with scrap metal and wood. The houses look like they're swallowing up the old, in some cases you can't even see the brickwork past the scrap. Before you enter, though, a spotlight is focused on you (in the middle of the day?) and you hear somebody shouting from the top of a roof. Some guy, black skin, red t-shirt, holding a rifle you can't quite make out with the sun in your eyes. He's got a damned good position over you, a good place to guard.
I'll say again: State your name and business, and then move to office below me!

Oh hell. You don't think anybody knows your name. You may have been part of the Pack, but apart from Pack Leader and Chef, nobody went around yelling their names. Still, perhaps caution would be better? And you need to explain the kid.

Combat Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Inventory

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Skills

Perks

EXP 'till next Level-up: 25/250 (Created item 5XP) (Raider 15 XP)
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2018, 12:03:13 am »

Fine! Take it! You yell, as you throw the pack over your shoulder, and then towards him. The sack slides across the ashes, and the screaming man puts his foot on it. He tries to open the simple pack to look inside, still keeping his gun trained on you. He's not looking at you, though, but you know enough about peripheral vision to know it isn't worth the risk.
F-FUCKING A! WATER! HAHAHAHAAAAA! He hollers, cheering in jubilation with his non-gun hand. Your hand, in the meantime, slowly goes towards the sawed-off. He's not paying that much attention. He takes out a bottle of water from the pack, and tries to open it with just the strength of his fingers. You notice that they're coloured black, and he grits his teeth in pain as he tries to get the simple plastic cap off. He swears and curses, until, finally, he uses his gun hand to open the thing with a quick twist.

All you needed.
In a smooth motion, you fire the sawed-off. The blast echoes through the ashen desert as the pellets tear the bandit apart. He flies back, both from the blast and from a reflexive jumping. He drops his gun as he falls, screaming in pain. He's dusted, but the damned fool didn't have the good sense to die. The stupid fuck dropped the bottle he was holding open. You do your best to place it upright again, but god-damn it, half the contents are already gone by the time you manage to save it.
Mother-FUCKER!

You stomp over to the dying man on the floor, twitching and crying as the blood keeps gushing out of him. His face is ruined, but the main damage is in his chest. You can probably see his organs, but you've got something else in mind. You get on your knees next to the dying man, and raise a fist.
*Crack*
You crack the dying man's nose with a straight punch, and quickly start following up your punches as you start swearing and screaming at the bastard.
YOU. STUPID. FUCKING. ASSHOLE. Every word leads to another punch as the man just starts crying, trying to keep his hands in front of your fists, to no avail. You pull out your shotgun again, and start whipping the man with it, causing his face to bend and distort from the blows already. He's still not dead, though he's quite dazed. You're still swearing and cursing, and your knuckles are bleeding as the man is reduced to basically nothing more than pulp on your knuckles. Out of breath, you stand up and spit on his corpse. He twitches, and you stomp his head one final time. That put an end to his twitching.
That's the end of that. You reload your sawed-off, and look at the kid. She's been staring at you demolishing the rat bastard, too scared to speak. Still winded, you start to strip the man of his valuables, such as they are. Pieces of metal, with enough straps to serve as armor. Hardly proper armor, and it sure as shit didn't help against the pellets. You've got enough to cover about and arm and a leg, based on where he put it. It'll work for whatever DOES hit that part, of course...

Looking around, you DO notice that he wasn't just hiding in that dune for a few seconds. You find a pack filled with goodies, though the pack itself is broken. The underside is ripped apart, and the hide can't be anything more than rat and the residual filth that rat bastard emitted. Still, wrapped in paper, you find a few edibles. Two bits of radroach meat, a strip of flesh, and even some bread! You've heard there were bakers around here, but you sure didn't expect to find an actual loaf of bread around. There was also a can of cram in there, which is likely the safest thing to eat after the bread. At least your food situation is solved, until you reach the town at least. Maybe it was worth a shell and half a bottle of water. Who knows. You are absolutely covered in blood though, probably shouldn't have let your temper get the best of you, but god-damn it. He was dead, you were angry, and damn if it didn't feel good. To hell with it. You'd better keep moving.

Sure enough, you get a confirmation you made good time. The town is on the horizon! Good thing, too, you were down to your last bottle of water, and the radroach and mystery meat weren't exactly fine dining. The kid managed, though she was clearly not used to the unique taste.
And there it is, Lagniappe!
That's a weird name.
Louisiana had a lot of European influance. I think that's... uh. Belgian? I think it's Belgian.
What's a Belgian?
Some old country known for chocolates and kiddie rape. Pretty sure they only made the first to get to the other. Well, that's what one of the papers said, at least. It's not exactly great reading material, keep going on about something called "baseball", and otherwise they just mention the war.
Do you think they're dead too?
Shit, who knows? For all we know, things are worse over there. People come up with all sorts of stories, but nobody knows. Nobody's able to cross the sea, you know?
What's the sea?
Big lake, filled with salt. Lupus said he saw it once, said it was where his tribe was before his Legion service. Whatever, stupid fuck's dead now.
The town appears peaceful, even up close. Mostly brick housing that managed to stay up, and then the locals got to expanding and "improving" them with scrap metal and wood. The houses look like they're swallowing up the old, in some cases you can't even see the brickwork past the scrap. Before you enter, though, a spotlight is focused on you (in the middle of the day?) and you hear somebody shouting from the top of a roof. Some guy, black skin, red t-shirt, holding a rifle you can't quite make out with the sun in your eyes. He's got a damned good position over you, a good place to guard.
I'll say again: State your name and business, and then move to office below me!

Oh hell. You don't think anybody knows your name. You may have been part of the Pack, but apart from Pack Leader and Chef, nobody went around yelling their names. Still, perhaps caution would be better? And you need to explain the kid.

Combat Stats

Inventory

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Skills

Perks

robert

« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 09:49:36 am by Basil ii »

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2018, 07:02:20 am »

"Robert Daniels, and an escaped slave I helped out who hasn't decided on a name."

Avanti!

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2018, 07:11:01 am »

"Robert Daniels, and an escaped slave I helped out who hasn't decided on a name."
changed my vote

« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 09:50:20 am by Basil ii »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2018, 12:33:30 pm »

Why didn't we take that guy's gun?

changed my vote
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2018, 12:37:51 pm »

Why didn't we take that guy's gun?

changed my vote
+1
i want to know also why did we not loot his corpse 

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2018, 04:35:13 pm »

Uh, Robert... Daniels. Yes. Robert Daniels and an escaped slave!
What's the name of the slave!?
She's not sure yet!
Fair enough. Go in the office!

The office is surprisingly normal, on the inside. It looks damn near new, although the table is clearly pre-war. It's in good repair, all things considered, but still old and weathered wood. Behind that desk is a bespectacled woman, looking up at the two of you entering her abode. She looks quite serious, even wearing pre-war business attire. Pencil skirt, short heels, even a blouse. There's some signs of patchwork, but all in all, the woman looks as well-preserved as the office she resides in. The bun in her hair also stands out.
...Hello? We were supposed to enter here?
Yes. Welcome to Lagniappe. What are your names?
We just told them to the guy outside.
And now you get to tell them again in here. Raiders tend to fire before they answer questions, so you're at least a little more trustworthy. Although... Not many raiders with children. Hm.
...Right. Robert Daniels. The kid's name is... uh, undecided. She's only recently free from a slaver caravan.
Hm. Right... Little one, do you have a name yet?
...No.
I am holding a gun under the table. If this man is forcing you to stay with him, say the word.
Oh shit.
You freeze up. She is, indeed, holding a hand under the table and is staring at you with a very intense look. She's looking over her glasses as she does so, waiting for the kid's reaction.
N-no! He's a good guy! He really did free me from Papa!
Papa? Did he kill your father?
That was the name of the- She interrupts you, not listening. Remain quiet, please. Her voice is cold and disaffected. Oh christ.
He's right! Please! He freed me, he removed my collar for free!
...I see.

Her hand reappears above the desk, and with it her weapon. A .44 magnum revolver. Damn, bitch doesn't mess around...
Welcome to Lagniappe, Mr. Daniels. Now, What is your business?
Uh... S-shelter. Fuck.
If you came in here from the plains, you should know that there is a distinct raider problem. Not to mention, slavers. Still, I'm going to need a name for the book, if you don't mind, so please give a temporary name for the child. Anything will do.
Blitz. Right kid?
The kid nods a few times, first at you, then the lady. You owe her something for coming through for you.
Blitz it is. Now, please declare any weaponry you happen to have, and you can go. You don't have to relinquish your arms, don't worry, we just like them for the logbook.
.357 revolver, a sawed-off shottie... And, uh... Fuck! Kid, did you pick up...
The kid just nods, and shows the pistol that raider left behind. She was keeping it in her dress, using the belt to stop it from falling out. Oh thank Christ the kid didn't forget. You got his armor parts, of course, but you just forgot about the damned gun. Looks like a fairly shitty 9mm, too.
Nice. And a nine mil.
Alright. Enjoy your time in Lagniappe. Currency is caps, trader is in the centre of town, bar is next to him, and food is spread around. We have stalls. And keep a gun ready, we try to keep things safe, but there are places our guards can't see.

You finally wander outside, and start walking through the city. One thing you notice is that all the guards are walking on the connected rooftops of the buildings. Or at least, there are a lot of people walkng around on the roof, holding a rifle of some sort. The people here don't seem oddly relaxed, though most keep moving. Plenty of stalls, however. Most of them selling some kind of specialty food. You still have some stuff remaining from the raider, so that's not an issue, but you do note that you don't have ANY money. You didn't keep the caps in the gang, obviously, that was Bulletpoint's job. Those skull-guys stole it along with the rest of valuables, of course. Damn. Looks like you'll have to sell if you want money, unless...
She DID say some places didn't have guards. A quick mugging is sure to get you out of a jam!

Combat Stats

Inventory

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Skills

Perks

Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2018, 05:10:44 pm »

We're down on support and low on supplies, so at the moment committing crimes in a town with guards and an organized government seems like a reckless decision, especially considering our hands are going to be shaking like there's no tomorrow. Instead, maybe try and see if there's a job board or a hiring agency. Also, be sure to see if this place has a well or water pump to refill our bottles.

Avanti!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2018, 06:06:28 pm »

We're down on support and low on supplies, so at the moment committing crimes in a town with guards and an organized government seems like a reckless decision, especially considering our hands are going to be shaking like there's no tomorrow. Instead, maybe try and see if there's a job board or a hiring agency. Also, be sure to see if this place has a well or water pump to refill our bottles.

that or just rumors about a raider gang forming/ someone with a functioning truck where we can join

check what is broken on the 9mm, see if it can be saved somehow, or if we can just dismantle it later in case we need weapon parts
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2018, 10:49:31 am »

that or just rumors about a raider gang forming/ someone with a functioning truck where we can join

check what is broken on the 9mm, see if it can be saved somehow, or if we can just dismantle it later in case we need weapon parts
We could sell the .44 magnum bullet, I don't see us getting anything that will use that for a while. We should probably also equip the arm and leg armor pieces.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2018, 04:34:26 pm »

...Right. Looks like we're going to have to find some work. And a pump. Shit... Call out if you see one, alright? I'm going to see if I can't fix this piece of shit while we walk.
Walking and fixing isn't the easiest thing in the world, but the gun isn't really broken in a sense that requires a lot of careful, loving repairs. Mostly, the thing just needs some oiling (not available), clearing out ash and dust, and probably a reassembly. You can do the last one when you're in a spot you can sit down, though the street will do if needs be. It's damn nice to have some solid ground under your feet after a day and a half of trudging through ashes and dirt. You get some looks from the people around you as you forcefully clear out small rocks and ashes from your pistol. There's no risk for it going off, mind you. You removed the magazine and the chambered bullet. Of course, people are always nervous around angry gun people. Seems to be a evolutionary reaction, who'd a thunk?
Suddenly, however, you feel Blitz pulling on your shirt. She's pointing at one of the objects of your search: a water pump. Though you're not very excited to see somebody standing next to it. You already know what this is going to be, but just in case the world isn't crap you come closer anyway. The man is dressed in a tough-looking leather jacket, and he himself is shaved bald and with a piercing in his nose. What a dipshit.
Hold up, hotshot! This here's our water pump, see? You need to pay if you want some water. He has a rough voice, though obviously forced. If he's going for intimidation, it's not working.
Of course I do. And what would the price be, huh? Five caps or special favors?
Ten caps. Unless you do a couple things for the main man around here. And no, before you ask, it sure as shit isn't the self-proclaimed owners of town. We're of a... less-than-legal venture.
Why does the town let you work, then?
The man raises an eyebrow at the kid. You roll your eyes at the blabbermouth for asking.
Because, kiddo, we're big enough to burn this podunk little shithole to the ground if they decide that they don't want our "economic additions" anymore. We run this fucker!
Right. This "we" collective has a name, right? Or is it just you, the water pump cunt, using the royal "we"?
Mind your fucking mouth, asshole! He walks all the way up you to, face to face. You have to look up at him, but you sure as hell aren't backing down. Fuck it. Cough up the money, or get to Sodom for a job. You get on our good side, and we might just allow you to take a little water. Got that, you gelled-up motherfucker?
I look better than you ever will, baldy.
Get out of my fucking face!

Well, shit. You need ten caps to fill up those bottles. At least you've got one direction to turn to for work. Of course, you might as well check out if there's other people available for a job of sorts. Maybe spending some time watching brahmin might just be worth it, if you get past the boredom. When you get to the centre of town, you see the main trader pretty easily. A rare sight indeed: a fat man. The man's smile is about as greasy as his hair, and he's clasping his suspenders as he looks around. A bushy moustache only seems to add to the doughy man's general resemblance to a meatbun, somehow, and you can tell you're not about to like this guy overmuch. You walk up to the man and shove the .44 bullet on the table.
How much for one of these.
Hmmm? Now, now, dear heart. There is a time and place for talk, and this is it, you know. But, of course, I'll cut to business before pleasure: two caps for a .44. Valuable round, you know. Especially around here.
Fuck it, it's a deal.
You don't barter often, but two caps for a single bullet is a good deal, no matter how you look at it. Just as you're about to take your money, however, the fat man places his fat little hand over the two caps.
Dearest friend... I know everybody in town, and you are not from here, are you not? Would you happen to be interested in making a little... extra money? I guarantee it, Bartholomew will never let down a customer, and most CERTAINLY never an employee!
Bartholomew being you, I'm guessing. Great. I'd like these caps first.
Of course, of course... But. A word of advice. Don't you go waltzing off to Sodom for a job, alright? The man's a snake in the grass, that'll sooner gut his dear employees before he pays them!
...I'll keep that in mind.
It'd be best that you do, friend of friends! I'll be right here!

You walk to the centre of town and think. You've found two places with work, alright, though they seem to be fighting amongst eachother. You could try the bar for some other jobs, of course, but they should be odd jobs if you know your stuff. And you like to think that you do.

Combat Stats

Inventory

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Skills

Perks

« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 03:52:16 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2018, 06:31:12 pm »

The inventory still has the .44 cartridge listed.

Let's try the merchant. Anyone rich enough to be fat in this day and age probably has it good, and just maybe we could leach a bit off the side doing his work. That, and he has greasy hair. Sticky haired dudes gotta stick together.

Avanti!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2018, 11:36:31 pm »

with luck we can learn something else from this guy, and maybe even go for the long-run plans, if we make this guy loves us or the kid... maybe she or us will appear in his testament.

maybe we could go for the dangerous route, and act as a double agent and try to create our own gang? It's very dangerous and we will need to upgrade speech
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2018, 01:39:24 am »

Let's try the merchant. Anyone rich enough to be fat in this day and age probably has it good, and just maybe we could leach a bit off the side doing his work. That, and he has greasy hair. Sticky haired dudes gotta stick together.
true 1+ it’s the law.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2018, 02:34:12 am »

true 1+ it’s the law.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42