Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 403981 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Heresy
« Reply #3165 on: August 20, 2020, 02:33:10 pm »

Hey Clate, what are you trying to make? Maybe I Can help

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: August 20, 2020, 04:46:52 pm »

1. You're gonna have to tell me where you are, because I saw no action moving the bore anywhere and I just assumed you were all back at it, in the messenger path.
Maybe say we moved back to the nearest big city? I -think- that was Empyrean?

2.You're gonna have to actually tell me  the dive stuff. I don't remember all the rolls in question for it. You can do that on discord if you want.
portal knife enchantment:
Move to Noth, then to Xi. Reinforce Noth and Xi 10 times each.
This allows the entrance portal to be made when 'cutting' with the portal knife while the selection dial is pressed down a bit. The position of the selection dial determines which destination portal is used, with the rune (or number or whatever) on the dial corresponding to a rune on the destination portal. So, if a portal doorway ever gets destroyed, that destination is not reachable, but making a new portal with the same rune reestablishes the connection. Trying to open a portal while the dial is set to a rune with no corresponding destination portal doorway means the connection is denied and opens no portal. Closing the portal from the knife side can be done by doing the same cutting motion in the reverse direction. Once open, the portal is two-way. A single rune on the dial is meant to act as a 'wildcard' to connect to a destination with no rune on it, for situations where we need to eg. define the destination doorway as a hole in the ground (as per the example you gave: "That would probably help somewhat: defining the edges I mean. but thats again more related to the nature of the dive. You could map the edges to a crate or a hole in the ground or just about anything.")

If there is a reinforced church diving vault in this city that allows rolling at advantage and has dive-failure defenses like there was in the other one, then go there and try to make a second portal knife. I am sacrificing one of those +3 teleportation-related sacrifices. 

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 07:38:44 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: August 21, 2020, 09:46:24 am »

Hey Clate, what are you trying to make? Maybe I Can help

A variety of crystal golems. And another one of those control rods, so others can use them when I am not around. It seems prudent to have some disposable bodies to throw into combat, rather than risk our companions.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: August 21, 2020, 09:57:59 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((We’re still in the messenger path right? What does Chonkey Ramiel look like? I assume Rhea can see him/her/it but NG can’t))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: August 21, 2020, 03:12:51 pm »

((We’re still in the messenger path right? What does Chonkey Ramiel look like? I assume Rhea can see him/her/it but NG can’t))

((no, we've returned to the bore by now. It looks like Ramiel from neon genesis evangelion, basically big floating crystal octahedron, about the size of a car))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: August 21, 2020, 03:39:57 pm »

((no, we've returned to the bore by now. It looks like Ramiel from neon genesis evangelion, basically big floating crystal octahedron, about the size of a car))
((thanks, so where’s the bore now?))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: August 21, 2020, 03:50:21 pm »

Consume Worm Blood
Dive: Talazch->Yengenze->Sige->pass Es and Nehn to get to Zon
Goal: Talazch and Yengenze since the golem is life and presumably has a mind, Zon to duplicate, and Sige to shrink its size
Reinforce Talazch, Yengenze, Zon and Sige 1 time each, Sacrifice 3 Bio Junk to Talazch
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 09:14:23 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: August 22, 2020, 08:01:52 pm »

Clate "eyes" Rhea as she begins to dive, shuffling a bit further away from her.

Get some distance on Rhea, and keep an eye on her as she does her diving. Have Protecto at the ready to block attacks on me should she get possessed or otherwise bungle her diving.

Instead of creating a new golem, try to divide chonky Ramiel into two smaller versions of itself.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3173 on: August 23, 2020, 04:59:35 pm »

If I notice Rhea ingesting narcotics and then fondling her artifact fragment, tackle her before she can do something that could potentially damage our profits and insist she does her business outside of the bore.

If I have time, buy a sign that says
NO DIVING
and hang it somewhere prominent on the bore.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: August 23, 2020, 05:05:14 pm »

After the insistence, exit the bore and do the dive mentioned below
Consume Worm Blood
Goal: Talazch and Yengenze since the golem is life and presumably has a mind, Zon to duplicate, and Sige to shrink its size
Reinforce Talazch, Yengenze, Zon and Sige 1 time each, Sacrifice 3 Bio Junk to Talazch

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3175 on: August 24, 2020, 01:13:27 pm »

1. You're gonna have to tell me where you are, because I saw no action moving the bore anywhere and I just assumed you were all back at it, in the messenger path.
Maybe say we moved back to the nearest big city? I -think- that was Empyrean?

2.You're gonna have to actually tell me  the dive stuff. I don't remember all the rolls in question for it. You can do that on discord if you want.
portal knife enchantment:
This allows the entrance portal to be made when 'cutting' with the portal knife while the selection dial is pressed down a bit. The position of the selection dial determines which destination portal is used, with the rune (or number or whatever) on the dial corresponding to a rune on the destination portal. So, if a portal doorway ever gets destroyed, that destination is not reachable, but making a new portal with the same rune reestablishes the connection. Trying to open a portal while the dial is set to a rune with no corresponding destination portal doorway means the connection is denied and opens no portal. Closing the portal from the knife side can be done by doing the same cutting motion in the reverse direction. Once open, the portal is two-way. A single rune on the dial is meant to act as a 'wildcard' to connect to a destination with no rune on it, for situations where we need to eg. define the destination doorway as a hole in the ground (as per the example you gave: "That would probably help somewhat: defining the edges I mean. but thats again more related to the nature of the dive. You could map the edges to a crate or a hole in the ground or just about anything.")

If there is a reinforced church diving vault in this city that allows rolling at advantage and has dive-failure defenses like there was in the other one, then go there and try to make a second portal knife. I am sacrificing one of those +3 teleportation-related sacrifices. 

[17 + 6 + 15 + 13 + 7 + 6 + 20 + 6 + 10 + 8 + 7 + 3 + 5 + 13 + 8 + 9 + 5 + 10 + 2 + 20 + 9 + 6 + 8 + 19 + 3] [4,3] Lose 1 nerve in the end, you are successful. Consume that +3 sacrifice as well.

We'll assume you all went back to Empyrean then.

Clate "eyes" Rhea as she begins to dive, shuffling a bit further away from her.

Get some distance on Rhea, and keep an eye on her as she does her diving. Have Protecto at the ready to block attacks on me should she get possessed or otherwise bungle her diving.

Instead of creating a new golem, try to divide chonky Ramiel into two smaller versions of itself.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
[1] You divide your golem into two even, identical halves.

If I notice Rhea ingesting narcotics and then fondling her artifact fragment, tackle her before she can do something that could potentially damage our profits and insist she does her business outside of the bore.

If I have time, buy a sign that says
NO DIVING
and hang it somewhere prominent on the bore.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
Kara shoves Rhea out of the bore, and promptly hangs a sign on the door that reads

"SHALLOW REALITY, NO DIVING."

She points at hit, caws meaningfully, and then closes the door.

After the insistence, exit the bore and do the dive mentioned below
Consume Worm Blood

[2 + 8 + 7 + 12 + 16 + 7 + 2 + 12 + 17 + 15][-4 nerve][3,11,4,6,18]

Both of Clate's Ramiels shrink to about 10% of their size.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: August 24, 2020, 01:26:42 pm »

Dive to Telazch->Yengenze->pass through Es to get to Sige
Reinforce Sige once
Goal: Alter the golems’ form so they are whole rather than halves, preserving their minds in the process
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 03:32:54 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: August 24, 2020, 01:42:39 pm »

Lose 1 nerve in the end, you are successful. Consume that +3 sacrifice as well.
Sacrifice consumed. Fathoms for use of vault deducted.

Rest until nerve is restored. Buy another two +3 sacrifices (2x50 fathoms).

Then do the dive for the large portal. Sacrifice a +3 sacrifice and do it in the diving vault.

large destination portal doorway
This spell allows the doorway to act as destination portal. When the portal doorway is set up, the rune on it's side is complete and allows for a portal connection to be formed. Folding up the portal doorway breaks the rune (eg because it is painted over a folding junction, so folding it up breaks the rune in two) and causes the portal to be closed. Trying to open a portal while the doorway is still folded means the connection is denied. If the rune is sufficiently damaged then the portal also closes. If someone were to try and create a destination with a rune that's already in use, and upon using the knife both are in a 'ready to receive' state, then one of them is chosen randomly as destination.   

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: August 24, 2020, 02:03:53 pm »

Clate's golem protecto clatters out of the bore at high speed, stopping right in front of Rhea and reshaping itself into a sort of impromptu billboard. Text appears at Rhea's eye level, the cracks in the crystal deep and distinct.

Please, cease diving on my golems. I can repair what just happened. I suspect you are tired from the last attempt, it would be best not to attempt a second try lest the results are far more disastrous than now.

Clate appears in the doorway of the bore moments later, having been slower to arrive than his golem.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: August 24, 2020, 02:33:32 pm »

Ok, sorry about that
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 231