Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 403879 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: They call it Mad science because it makes everyone really angry.
« Reply #2955 on: June 10, 2020, 11:38:43 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Get back to the bore

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: June 11, 2020, 02:53:28 am »

Waiting to leave, yupyup.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: June 11, 2020, 05:02:46 pm »

(If everyone else is just waiting to leave, me and Radio can handle anything else via PMs)
Ok yeah, if all we're waiting for is this, then we'll just handle it over pm. Someone remind me to post the logs if I forget.

For non-call stuff:
-team fund: replace broken drill with better drill (1K you quoted before)
-team fund: sell the orb 'o doom to the church and make sure the drill itself is repaired nicely (no quote for this yet, but you did say they might want to buy it)
-team fund: I will add 6*30=180 fathoms to the team fund from Harm's generous contributions.

-own fund: buy the padding needed to compensate for portal deviation (50 fathoms), set up portal in bore dorm room in the middle with padding below. Put destination portal in 'closed' position for now, set it up when we leave the bore.

Then, if nobody else has any objections, I think we're ready to go?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2958 on: June 12, 2020, 11:10:25 am »

I have two Dives to do. If the first succeeds without issue, do the second. If I need to rest to recover nerve, do that if I have time before we leave. Obviously any issues with the first and I'll not do the second yet. Also, doing these in the warehouse when it's empty so as not to involve someone else in any potential errors. Unless someone wants to stand guard. Dives in Spoilers

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2959 on: June 12, 2020, 08:07:07 pm »

use the team fund to buy the telegrabber and 3 stasis boxes to use to reload it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: June 13, 2020, 05:38:02 am »

From Discord:

00:19] Radio Controlled:
"I can offer compensation personally. I have accounts for this sort of thing. However, I cannot guarantee further information about the cult or our actions regarding it. I can offer guarantees that I will do my best to be allowed to give you that information and will advocate on your behalf, but I am limited in terms of what I can promise on my own. If you would like I can run this information to my superiors and try to get you those promises before you hand anything over, but it may take time."

"Explain that waiting for him to get confirmation would be ok for us, but that every minute we wait is one that gives this cult a chance to go into hiding or further their plans. Try to impress on the disciple how deep they had dug their claws into the local police force to illustrate my point (and subtly, but not directly, imply they might have church connections that would try to slow down/smother the investigation, so leaving us in the loop makes sure that can't fully happen). Also mention that right now we have another important task to fulfill for the faith, but that we would be more than happy to assist again later on, so they wouldn't have to wait on us to go ahead with their investigations."
[00:20] Radio Controlled: (sorry it's a lot at once, but I'm off to bed so won't be able to have a more natural convo right now.)

[04:07] Mr.Bones: He understands this and is willing to pay you, as he said. However, He cannot promise anything in terms of further info. He simply doesn't have that right.
He leaves and returns in about 30 minutes with word that you have your promise, but on the condition that any information you find from now on must also be shared with them, and no one else.

[12:35] Radio Controlled: Tell him that these will probably be acceptable terms to our group, but that I'll go lay it before them just in case.

If nobody objects, I'll have Adam agree to these terms.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: June 13, 2020, 10:31:07 am »

((no objections here. Deepwalker Leon's group seems to be a reasonable patron for our Church related dealings. Sharing information exclusively seems acceptable to me. We're talking about info on that cult?))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: June 13, 2020, 11:41:57 am »

((No objections here, either))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2963 on: June 14, 2020, 11:49:57 am »

Get back to the bore
Waiting to leave, yupyup.

Got it.

use the team fund to buy the telegrabber and 3 stasis boxes to use to reload it.
Done.

(If everyone else is just waiting to leave, me and Radio can handle anything else via PMs)
Ok yeah, if all we're waiting for is this, then we'll just handle it over pm. Someone remind me to post the logs if I forget.

For non-call stuff:
-team fund: replace broken drill with better drill (1K you quoted before)
-team fund: sell the orb 'o doom to the church and make sure the drill itself is repaired nicely (no quote for this yet, but you did say they might want to buy it)
-team fund: I will add 6*30=180 fathoms to the team fund from Harm's generous contributions.

-own fund: buy the padding needed to compensate for portal deviation (50 fathoms), set up portal in bore dorm room in the middle with padding below. Put destination portal in 'closed' position for now, set it up when we leave the bore.

Then, if nobody else has any objections, I think we're ready to go?

1. Done.
2. 1100 fathoms for that orb. Actually 1500 buck they subtract 400 for the price of carefully extracting it from the bore and repairing the damage for you.
3. Done.

One teleporter bouncy castle complete. You make sure to also put a hatch over the ladder leading to the lower decks so someone doesn't get dunked.

Ok. So where we going? Back to Empyrean? Back to the Ancient Warrior? Down to see Mrs. Bird's ancestors?

I have two Dives to do. If the first succeeds without issue, do the second. If I need to rest to recover nerve, do that if I have time before we leave. Obviously any issues with the first and I'll not do the second yet. Also, doing these in the warehouse when it's empty so as not to involve someone else in any potential errors. Unless someone wants to stand guard. Dives in Spoilers

We'll assume you take another silent night.

[2 + 11 + 20 9 + 16 + 16 + 10 + 6 + 2010 + 16 + 4 + 10 + 14 + 3 + 16 + 3 + 15 + 6 + 1 + 8 + 1 + 14 + 1 + 2019 + 16 + 11]
-1 nerve
[1,6] Done. I'll assume you down a worm blood here to recover Nerve.

[18 + 20 3 + 10 + 7 + 15 + 1 + 12 + 1 + 7 + 15 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 5 + 3 + 4 + 9 + 17 + 15 + 3 + 2 + 8 + 5 + 10 + 8]
[5,3] Done.

The dives bite into the collar with enough force to not only leave a constant shimmer around it, but to mildly etch and change the metal. It takes on a sort of rainbowed appearance like tempered metal and a fine pattern of diamond scales appears across its surface.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2964 on: June 14, 2020, 03:02:19 pm »

Rest off the Silent Night. Purchase one of each Silent Night and Worm's Blood (8 Fathoms total). Inventory edited.

"I have done all I can to prepare for our next encounter with the Ancient Warrior. I am ready to proceed. Hmm, unless someone has a cloak or boots I could attempt to enchant to increase the wearer's speed? A hasty exit would make the protections from the explosive less necessary."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: June 16, 2020, 08:00:47 am »

12:36] Radio Controlled: Oh, and ask him how we would go about handing over the documents.
[15:02] Mr.Bones: Since you're in a call room in a church, there should be a box near you. Put anything you want to give to him in that box.

Since nobody objected to the terms: place into that box all the documents we have pertaining the cult, as well as that mystery chest. Then accept their payment, thank the disciple for his time and return to the bore.

Then, before we leave and if none of my teammates object, use team fund to buy and install a spare fuel tank in the bore (40 fathoms). Make sure that it is installed separate from the main fuel tanks and has a valve that normally is closed (in case we ever have a leak in the main tanks).

Then fill up this tank (50) and refill our main tank (50). 

Ok. So where we going? Back to Empyrean? Back to the Ancient Warrior? Down to see Mrs. Bird's ancestors?
Ancient warrior please.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 08:11:56 am by Radio Controlled »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2966 on: June 16, 2020, 02:07:35 pm »

Go test the Telegrabber on some cans or rocks or something, just to make sure I wasn't scammed. I've listed it as requiring rifle skill, since it's a stick with an enchanted trigger, but I can change it to something else if it's not the appropriate skill.

Be sure to empty the box after the test so I can reuse it later.

Hmmm. For that matter, can I use the Telegrabber without a box? You know, use it to reach things my inconsiderate teammates have put on the top shelf.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

« Reply #2967 on: June 17, 2020, 08:23:41 am »

Build a cart for the safe and quick transport of the Ancient Warrior killing bomb. Keep the design minimalistic since it's not going to survive the explosion anyway.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: June 17, 2020, 10:25:53 am »

Stick with Adam for now.
If we're back on the bore this turn, maybe see if I can make a few (2-4) small golems. All they have to be able to is move fast and carry a black flame and/or explosive charge.

Also, 500 fathoms for the team fund

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: June 17, 2020, 10:49:50 am »

Give 60 Fathoms to the team fund
((Inventory edited accordingly))
So, what’s the plan for the Ancient Warrior? What do I do during it?
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 231