Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404169 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Everybody was kung fu fighting
« Reply #2805 on: April 26, 2020, 11:41:05 am »

Find Ashley or Adam and ask  Can I have my relic fragment to explore Tzimtvot?

"As long as you take care of where you leave your physical body when you explore the spheres, and take care not to bring anything hostile back with you, then sure, have fun."
could I keep my body in the bore? Or do I have to leave and find a place in town where people don’t go?

"Seeing as how we will probably be moving on soon, that sounds like a decent plan. Ideally you agree with someone to keep watch over your body, or at least to check in from time to time, since injuries sustained in the beyond will affect you in this reality just as much."

ok.  Can you give me my relic fragment? I’ll see if Clate’s willing to watch me
If Adam lets me have my relic fragment, I go to Clate and ask ”I’m going to dive into Tzimtvot, the elemental sphere. I’d like you to watch my physical body while I enter the realm, to make sure nothing damages me here while I’m in the sphere”

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: April 26, 2020, 11:42:44 am »

Find Ashley or Adam and ask  Can I have my relic fragment to explore Tzimtvot?

"As long as you take care of where you leave your physical body when you explore the spheres, and take care not to bring anything hostile back with you, then sure, have fun."
could I keep my body in the bore? Or do I have to leave and find a place in town where people don’t go?

"Seeing as how we will probably be moving on soon, that sounds like a decent plan. Ideally you agree with someone to keep watch over your body, or at least to check in from time to time, since injuries sustained in the beyond will affect you in this reality just as much."

ok.  Can you give me my relic fragment? I’ll see if Clate’s willing to watch me
If Adam lets me have my relic fragment, I go to Clate and ask ”I’m going to dive into Tzimtvot, the elemental sphere. I’d like you to watch my physical body while I enter the realm, to make sure nothing damages me here while I’m in the sphere”
"Sure."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: April 26, 2020, 11:55:14 am »

”I’m going to dive into Tzimtvot, the elemental sphere. I’d like you to watch my physical body while I enter the realm, to make sure nothing damages me here while I’m in the sphere”
Very well, I can do so. Do be careful with the diving, we don't want a repeat of certain previous incidents.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: April 26, 2020, 11:56:58 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(I’m assuming the Relic fragment was transferred, you can remove mine from your inventory, Radio Controller)
Thank you
Dive to enter Tzimtvot

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2809 on: April 26, 2020, 12:58:02 pm »

If not, consider the amount of reinforcements a dive with Yengenze and Ah (since I don't know for sure if anyone who knows about those enchantments is still alive to summon the info from with Xi, unless that isn't necessary) would need to gain knowledge about the various dives and enchantments that are placed on that chest.

Ok then, time to do that dive. First go into the city and buy items that can be used as a sacrifice, would like to get enough for +1 (how much money?). And could you tell me what kind f items Adam would be buying?

Then perform dive on the bore to be able to roll at advantage, but first ask if at least Nyw can be there to oversee in case something goes wrong. Make sure to actually sacrifice the items I bought to get that +1.

Dive path: move to Yengenze, then to Ah, reinforce 3 times and 1 time respectively as you indicated.

EDIT: and give relic fragment back to Rhea for the moment.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
[19]
75 Fathoms. You got ripped off. You bought a Chest, some standard locks, some books on cults and religion, chains, and a complex combination lock.
[6,9,2,3,16 4, 11,12][9,10]

Alright. Looks like the chest is locked with several things. Or rather its locked and several things are bound to that action. The chest only opens to certain people...It shows you by their faces. Of the ones you know, they're all dead. There are 6 others who can open it that you aren't sure who are. The enchantments on the thing are basically safeguards. A few do terrible things to people trying to break in, and a few seem to be self destructs to destroy the contents (and the meddlers) if they forcibly break in.  They're nasty too; not just explosions but more targeted. There's one thats like some sort of chain curse that kills those who meddled even if they're not nearby.

Ok. I will go to Tzimtvot
Dive to enter the Sphere of Tzimtvot
((Is this how to enter a sphere or is it something else?))
[12]
You sit down in a safe and secluded area in the bore and dive into Tzimtvot. When you open your eyes you find yourself falling. You seem to be within some enormous thunderstorm, clouds and lightning swirling around you and fierce winds buffeting you, spinning you about as you plummet.

Clate moseys over to Nyw, presenting the second Murakumo.

Your new armament, friend Nyw. It would seem that you did something magical to your current sword that I could not replicate with my crystal powers, but it should otherwise be a perfect copy.

Nyw is surprised when Clate moseys over to him, reflexively taking a step back from the crystalline Shluck.  His posture relaxes once he reads Clate's message, and he reverantly takes the murakumo.  He holds it in front of him for several long seconds, inspecting every detail of it.  "Magnificent!  A flawless companion...!" he says, taking out his other murakumo and holding it up for comparison.

Without warning, he spins around and swings both blades recklessly in a wide arc, while letting out a bellowing laugh.  He follows the attack up with several more violent slashes, barely heeding his surroundings.  "Hahaha!  YES!  Just as it should be!"

He stops with another laugh, turning back towards Clate and stabbing the point of the new murakumo towards the shluck.  "Well done, Clate!  Your work is exquisite!  Thank you!"  With that, he goes back to his violent play, swinging his oversized blades around like a child with a new toy.

Rhea walks over to Nyw and asks him, can you explain why a cult was after us or why we were after the cult?

It's some time later before Nyw notices Rhea, specifically when he nearly takes her head off with a blind swing.  He freezes after the near miss, then slowly straightens up and sheathes his weapons.  The massive undead warrior looks almost sheepish as he quietly listens to Rhea's question, and responds with a soft, measured tone.

"Err.  The cult, yes... we were pursuing the cult as part of a contract, to find the source of a dangerous drug that had taken hold of the vulnerable peasantry.  The cult was the source, of course, and was far larger than a mere criminal cabal.  They had attacked us because we risked exposing their villainous work--as we did do, in the end!" He pauses, raises a hand towards Rhea's shoulder, then thinks better of it and withdraws the limb.  "Do not worry, little human, they were cruel people, with evil intentions.  It is for the best that they are gone from our world."

Recieve the new murakumo from Clate, and then follow Adam to wherever he goes, watching over him during his dive.  Practice with the two murakumos while he does that, get a feel for dual wielding them.

Basically, if you duel wield you can hit twice per turn, but I'll roll your attacks at disadvantage because swinging around two giant swords is hard.

Without actually doing it since we're on the bore, try and feel how I would go about doing one of those crystal lazer attack myself. How strong would it be compared to my crystal babies, how much energy would it take me, etc.

Then, try to make make a combat crystal golem. Let the voice of the crystal guide me in what a 'combat' or 'security' golem is according to it and make it like that.

Edit: Watch over Rhea's body while she's diving so nothing damages it. From a distance, of course, no need to stay too close, just keep line of sight.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
You'd basically just have to focus on doing it. Nerve roll basically.  The amount of energy would be up to you, but basically it would be akin to a rifle normally. If you're willing to temporarily sacrifice points of Nerve, it could get much stronger.

From scratch or using a body like the beetle as a guide? You succeed either way, I just want to know. [13]

Ony shakes himself from the daze he has been in, sat in the workshop the entire time as the world around him made very loud noises.

"Ahh, pardon me for going into a daze there. I'm about to start examining this new hand of mine in more detail, seeing if there is anything I can do to fix it into a more favourable configuration. Is there anything else people would wish me to study or construct technology wise? I can modify peoples weapons if that is what they wish.

If no one else puts in a request, have a look over my grappling hook hand. How much of it is flesh, how much technology, and how easy would it be to adjust the technological only parts without diving further? Specifically providing myself some opposable digits again.
Spoiler: Ony (click to show/hide)

Its basically a grappling hook crudely merged into your arm. Imagine if your arm was goopy wax and someone just jammed a grappling hook in there before it hardened. Making working fingers...well the fingers are kind of still here they're just..all scattered and spread halfway down the arm. Making new, working ones would need either some complex technology that interfaces with your remaining nerves or some sort of force transference system to translate the useless wiggling of your current fingers into a set of robotic ones.

Long story short: Hard.

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: April 26, 2020, 02:27:46 pm »

Damnit. My hand won't be easily alterred with mundane methods, and missing a hand with make it incredibly difficult for me to actually do any craftwork. Ashul, Adam, would you be able to assist me in alterring my hand back to some semblane of use? Rearranging the flesh and mechanical mess back into a hand shape, hopefully retaining the grappling ability, would make things easier. I can draw up a blueprint diagram for the three of us to follow if we do a group dive, and and we can buy some materials for sacrifice and structural reinforcement.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: April 26, 2020, 03:04:44 pm »

Try to find somewhere to land on, then spread out my limbs to slow down my fall to land there

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: April 26, 2020, 04:13:07 pm »

75 Fathoms. You got ripped off. You bought a Chest, some standard locks, some books on cults and religion, chains, and a complex combination lock.
That's strange: when I asked about the cost for items to sacrifice for diving with regard to the portal knives before you quoted the following prices to me for respectively +2 and +3:
Sacrifices: 30 fathoms, 50 fathoms. Necessarily rare.
without any rolls involved. I'm not contesting the outcome, but can you explain the discrepancy?

Alright. Looks like the chest is locked with several things. Or rather its locked and several things are bound to that action. The chest only opens to certain people...It shows you by their faces. Of the ones you know, they're all dead. There are 6 others who can open it that you aren't sure who are. The enchantments on the thing are basically safeguards. A few do terrible things to people trying to break in, and a few seem to be self destructs to destroy the contents (and the meddlers) if they forcibly break in.  They're nasty too; not just explosions but more targeted. There's one thats like some sort of chain curse that kills those who meddled even if they're not nearby.

So if I understand correctly, we could move the chest itself around without danger as long as we don't try to open it, right?

Either way, try to write down/draw the faces Adam doesn't recognize for future reference.

Also, these enchantments are only bound to the unauthorized opening of the chest, correct? So if one for example did a dive similar to the one I just did, but with the intention to copy the contents of the papers inside (or even the papers as a whole), that wouldn't set off the safeguards?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: April 26, 2020, 04:39:19 pm »

How long ago 3as it, presumably inflation is still a thing, as is supply and demand

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2814 on: April 26, 2020, 08:04:12 pm »

I wish to purchase something to be used as a sacrifice for a Dive to wipe out the mind of the Ancient Warrior. Since the Dive is mind related (and perhaps tech, since the warrior seems to be a constructed entity) something along the lines of a bore brain or a subbrain like the one I got from Balaram. Will the Fathoms I have be sufficient for such a purchase? If not, I will be playing music and renting myself out as a Dive advisor or animal handler at whatever place the Bore happens to be at the moment.

VETO banelord using the Bore funds to buy mechanical junk.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 08:57:04 pm by Ozarck »

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: April 27, 2020, 05:17:25 am »

"Would I be able to use some of the materials stockpiled on the ship? I was thinking of turning some of the dynamos and ethral rifles into a gatling gun of some kind.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2816 on: April 27, 2020, 04:18:03 pm »

((I got skipped again :())

Drive the bore to the archive we raided, also start reading the fourth book in the meantime.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: April 27, 2020, 04:20:33 pm »

From scratch or using a body like the beetle as a guide? You succeed either way, I just want to know. [13]

From scratch.

Just keep guarding Rhea'sbody for now.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2818 on: April 28, 2020, 06:38:55 am »

"Would I be able to use some of the materials stockpiled on the ship? I was thinking of turning some of the dynamos and ethral rifles into a gatling gun of some kind."
"Certainly. We could use some more firepower. You can go ahead and use the workshop. We've also got some junk if you need extra material, though you can probably get what you need by destroying the parts of the rifles you aren't going to use."

TheDoorMatt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: April 28, 2020, 05:58:11 pm »

Hello, I'm a bit new to this peculiar type of forum game. Am I Allowed to join in the middle of it?

Race: Abomination
Name: Boo-Bo
Goal: be known as a hero, not a monster.
Items: Mechanical Limb, Cave Spider Venom, and a Grappling Hook.
Money: 14
Stats: Str 9(+2), Dex 8, Speed 8, End 10, Aware 12, Cunning 10, Know 10, Nerves 13(+1)
Skills: Caving (2), Survival (2), Animal Care (2), Stealth (1)
Description: Wears ripped jeans and a head underneath (no underwear) has multiple belly buttons and scar tissue where his ears should be. With only one normal arm and an almost normal face, you'd think it was a normal human when it peeks around the normal corner.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 231