Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404272 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Nostalgia
« Reply #2205 on: August 28, 2019, 10:30:55 am »

”question, whose idea was it to attack him and why? We could have talked instead”

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2206 on: August 29, 2019, 01:55:37 pm »

Follow the group and be ready to shoot.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
"Stay. Fighting is the only option we have right now, leaving will only weaken those who are staying behind to fight it, and I doubt we can convince it to stop attacking us either, considering that we attacked it first.

One of the divers should try to make it visible again, we can't effectively fight it while it's invisible to us. I just hope that this is finally going to work now."

Stay on guard and use the moonblade again when it shows itself, third time's the charm.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Taking the moment's respite, Drett edges away from the divers and towards Kara.

"Nice to know you're still alive. We will have to talk about our experiences later, once we survive another extremely dangerous situation we put ourselves into."

Keep an eye on the pile. Be ready to shoot either the dynamite on a dud fuse, or the being in the face. As much as could have been gained discussing with them (What glorious LIGHT) it is too late now and my life is too valuable.

Drett.
Overwatch engaged.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
one turn since consuming Silent Night

Try to duplicate and TNT
Dive from Akhamah to Belarin, since TNT is technology, pass through Yengenze, Es, and Hel to get to Zon to duplicate the TNT. Strengthen Zon

((Thanks for the warning))
[12 + 7 + 2 + 18 + 8 + 4] Reroll, [1,15] so -1 nerve.
[19,16] Welp.

((Naturegirl, please, only dive once.  I have the distinct fear that your character will explode violently if she attempts three dives all in a row.  Also, you may benefit from not doing any sealing, and simply reinforcing Zon; your real goal here is just making a bigger boom, and the most efficient way to do that is to just summon more explosives.))

Retrieve the murakumo, then follow Ashul--but only up to the edge of the room, no going inside.  Keep watch on the pile of rubble that the warrior was buried in, and be ready to deflect some kind of sudden attack.

You grab the still warm Murakumo and advance to the edge of the room.

See if I can stonesense sonar into the pile of rubble, to see how our adversary is doing. If I can see that it's alive and on it's way out, try and warm my companions of this.

If it doesn't come out, collect some of that red material I used last turn for later experimentation.
If it does come out, try and stoneform that red material around it and pull it to the ground.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
We'll say you grabbed some of the stone. The other part is...gonna be interrupted a bit.

"If it still has its weapon you could teleport it away from him. Maybe even give it to our Honored Dead."

Check for anything lootable, like some piece of the warrior that has broken off. Also take some of the broken white Rock and cist flesh-rock.

Would it be possible to capture any of the warrior's illusionary dust as well? Perhaps with Crystal Friend's EAT command? Or maybe by emptying the field lighter to use it as a bottle? Do so if I can see any of the illusionary dust floating around anywhere.

Consider the possibility of capturing or at least momentarily distracting the warrior with a slave trap.

Otherwise, just stay ready to dodge and alert others to danger. Danger includes hearing weird things, seeing plasma or seeing the warrior's dust trying to condense somewhere.

((A lull in the fighting is the perfect opportunity to loot stuff.))

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
Rocks gathered otherwise...Ponder interrupted by dive fail.

""

Fourth Turn since consuming Silent Night. Step into the room. Examine the white stuff the room is made of. Does it seem to be related to the entity, or is this stuff related to the Saint and the organic tunnels instead? Is the back wall damaged from the recent collisions? Pay attention to any indications from the halo sword and act accordingly.

You walk about 10 feet into the room and consider the ground. You think its something divine, not related to the entity except that it is designed to contain it. The walls seem completely undamaged by the ruckus so chances are they're probably extremely resilient. Strong enough to keep the thing contained at least.

Somewhere in the back of the group, Koste starts screaming.  In the room itself the dynamite goes off...kind of. Instead of detonating instantly it sort of cracks open like an egg and a thing made of what looks like flowing black powder and ash rises out of it. Its form is nebulous at best but losely resembles something serpentine. Then a spark travels up it and a dozen tiny explosions flicker across its form before the entire thing ignites into a blazing coil of flame and constant explosions.  The thing, which might be described as an "Explosion elemental" tears itself free of the dynamite and starts moving towards the door. Meanwhile the rocks suddenly shift and...fall inward? As though there were a sudden empty space that opened up within the rubble.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: August 29, 2019, 02:15:45 pm »

Try to regain control
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 09:33:48 am by Naturegirl1999 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: August 29, 2019, 04:10:34 pm »

"Seal it in!  Ashul, come back!"

I... have no idea how to fight a monster made of explosions.  I feel like stabbing it won't work, so... uh... grab the nearest person and start running away with them?  If Ashul actually does make an attempt to escape rather than stay there suicidally like a zealot with more faith than sense, run in and grab him, specifically.

If Nyw can get in, grab Ashul, and run back out far enough within one turn--or if Ashul simply doesn't need to be grabbed--also grab Koste.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2209 on: August 29, 2019, 09:01:16 pm »

"Ah, Crap."

Fifth turn since consuming Silent Night.

Make haste back to the group, avoid insane butterfly, animate esplosion, and irate ancient engine.

Contemplate whether resealing the room via the halo sword and Saint's Will wold be acceptable while we regroup, or if hteSaint would somehow take offense to this action or otherwise be unable to carry it out. If it seems like the Saint is for it, do so. Otherwise, leave it open, but get down the tunnel as far as one turn will allow.

Contemplate sacrificing my lightning tree branch that I got from the Plane of Elemental Forces to Dive to Bind the Elemental to my will, permanently. This would be a Tzimzvot - Gesh Dive: 4 path, Strength and Nerve roll. How much reinforcement would likely be necessary, and would the sacrifice give a better chance of success against the Elemental Sphere roll?

((ancient machine of the Fallen, Explosions Incarnate, and Mad Moth Diver, while the effects of Silent Night are approaching their expiration point? AsHul is confident, but not mindless. A running battle is NOT a favorable situation for us, but here we go.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2211 on: August 31, 2019, 06:36:05 am »

"Oh dear. I think this is the point where we make a tactical retreat."

Remove my hood, put a rock in it to give it mass, set it on fire with my lighter (add some lighter oil if it doesn't easily catch fire) and throw it in the room. I know it's unlikely, but maybe it will be attracted by the fire and will go investigate it instead of focusing on us.

Then retreat. I'm a ranged fighter and an explorer, I have no desire to be trapped in this place with two monsters.

Do shoot if anything nasty threatens the team though.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2212 on: August 31, 2019, 05:54:50 pm »

"Is it really the time to retreat? The thing is still invisible and as long as we can't see it, it can do whatever it wants. It could easily attack us in the tunnels if we end up retreating without making sure that it can't pursue us."

Stand my ground and be ready to attack the warrior once it shows itself. Throw my crystal golem at the explosion elemental if the warrior doesn't reveal itself.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 12:05:48 pm by Hotfire90 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: September 01, 2019, 03:24:30 pm »

Run away heroically together with Kara, make sure Adamn doesn't get left behind. Should the warrior/explosion elemental came after us, try to impede their movement by making rock walls spring up from the ground right in front of them. Don't stop running to do this though, getting the heck outta here is priority number 1 right now.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: September 01, 2019, 08:32:18 pm »

Shoot at the explosion elemental
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: September 02, 2019, 09:03:47 am »

Retreat, but try to keep wizard eyes on the elemental and the area where we saw the warrior from the cist. Keep allies informed of what I can see. Help drag teammates away if needed.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2216 on: September 02, 2019, 02:54:12 pm »

Try to regain control
You find yourself staring up at the ceiling. No...you're on your back, looking up the ceiling. Your head hurts. Your limbs are numb. Ouch.

"Seal it in!  Ashul, come back!"

I... have no idea how to fight a monster made of explosions.  I feel like stabbing it won't work, so... uh... grab the nearest person and start running away with them?  If Ashul actually does make an attempt to escape rather than stay there suicidally like a zealot with more faith than sense, run in and grab him, specifically.

If Nyw can get in, grab Ashul, and run back out far enough within one turn--or if Ashul simply doesn't need to be grabbed--also grab Koste.

"Ah, Crap."

Fifth turn since consuming Silent Night.

Make haste back to the group, avoid insane butterfly, animate esplosion, and irate ancient engine.

Contemplate whether resealing the room via the halo sword and Saint's Will wold be acceptable while we regroup, or if hteSaint would somehow take offense to this action or otherwise be unable to carry it out. If it seems like the Saint is for it, do so. Otherwise, leave it open, but get down the tunnel as far as one turn will allow.

Contemplate sacrificing my lightning tree branch that I got from the Plane of Elemental Forces to Dive to Bind the Elemental to my will, permanently. This would be a Tzimzvot - Gesh Dive: 4 path, Strength and Nerve roll. How much reinforcement would likely be necessary, and would the sacrifice give a better chance of success against the Elemental Sphere roll?

((ancient machine of the Fallen, Explosions Incarnate, and Mad Moth Diver, while the effects of Silent Night are approaching their expiration point? AsHul is confident, but not mindless. A running battle is NOT a favorable situation for us, but here we go.))

Nyw grabs Ashul and tucks him under one arm before sprinting away. 

As the pair abscond from the scene, Ashul considers the situation. He's pretty sure the saint won't mind closing this place up again, just as long as they eventually come back and kill it. He gets the feeling saints don't care much about time.

Sacrificing a branch back to the elemental plane it came from is probably not gonna get you much. They already have those there, after all. Binding the elemental would probably not require much strength on gesh: it doesn't seem all that intelligent.

"Oh dear. I think this is the point where we make a tactical retreat."

Remove my hood, put a rock in it to give it mass, set it on fire with my lighter (add some lighter oil if it doesn't easily catch fire) and throw it in the room. I know it's unlikely, but maybe it will be attracted by the fire and will go investigate it instead of focusing on us.

Then retreat. I'm a ranged fighter and an explorer, I have no desire to be trapped in this place with two monsters.

Do shoot if anything nasty threatens the team though.

[14]
The lighting fire to your clothing goes well enough but the throwing part, not so much. You  only manage to toss it a few feet in from the opening; not a very good distraction. Oh well, Time to bravely run away!

Run away heroically together with Kara, make sure Adamn doesn't get left behind. Should the warrior/explosion elemental came after us, try to impede their movement by making rock walls spring up from the ground right in front of them. Don't stop running to do this though, getting the heck outta here is priority number 1 right now.

Brave sir Clate Bravely ran away!

Retreat, but try to keep wizard eyes on the elemental and the area where we saw the warrior from the cist. Keep allies informed of what I can see. Help drag teammates away if needed.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Shoot at the explosion elemental
"Is it really the time to retreat? The thing is still invisible and as long as we can't see it, it can do whatever it wants. It could easily attack us in the tunnels if we end up retreating without making sure that it can't pursue us."

Stand my ground and be ready to attack the warrior once it shows itself. Throw my crystal golem at the explosion elemental if the warrior doesn't reveal itself.

The explosion elemental suddenly  jerks to a halt and then strains, twisting into a curve before the head of the Ancient Warrior emerges from it. It does not burst out like a caterpillar; instead it seems to rise from within the creature, dragging and elongating the creature into its shroud as it does. Within a few seconds it is standing where the elemental used to be, apparently unharmed.  Harm and Alex fire on the warrior but their rounds either don't strike true or have no effect.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: September 02, 2019, 03:25:34 pm »

Three turns since consuming Silent Night
Try to get up and look around
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 04:21:13 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #2218 on: September 02, 2019, 04:04:03 pm »

"Thanks for dealing with the elemental, can we please stop fighting now? I don't want to fight you, all I want to do is to talk and learn more about the ancient humans and about what you said earlier. I hope you'll forgive us for attacking you unprovoked, but you should know that this wasn't planned, I think most of us were ready to talk before deciding what to do."

Attempt diplomacy. Drop my rifle as a sign of trust. Blast the warrior with the moonblade if it isn't interested in stopping the conflict.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: September 02, 2019, 04:20:03 pm »

”same here, I don’t want to fight either
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 231