Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404350 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Nostalgia
« Reply #2190 on: August 24, 2019, 08:46:41 pm »

Due to my lack of weaponry, fighting might not be a good idea. I will try to head back to the borer, since I won’t be of much use here”
(Did Koste ever see the borer? Action post edited)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 08:49:41 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #2191 on: August 25, 2019, 12:17:24 pm »

"Stay. Fighting is the only option we have right now, leaving will only weaken those who are staying behind to fight it, and I doubt we can convince it to stop attacking us either, considering that we attacked it first.

One of the divers should try to make it visible again, we can't effectively fight it while it's invisible to us. I just hope that this is finally going to work now."

Stay on guard and use the moonblade again when it shows itself, third time's the charm.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: August 25, 2019, 12:29:20 pm »

"Stay. Fighting is the only option we have right now, leaving will only weaken those who are staying behind to fight it, and I doubt we can convince it to stop attacking us either, considering that we attacked it first.

One of the divers should try to make it visible again, we can't effectively fight it while it's invisible to us. I just hope that this is finally going to work now."

Stay on guard and use the moonblade again when it shows itself, third time's the charm.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
”what plane would do this?”

Hotfire90

« Reply #2193 on: August 25, 2019, 12:46:19 pm »

"Shouldn't you know this? You're a diver, I'm not, go ask the other divers if you don't know it yourself."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: August 25, 2019, 01:05:43 pm »

"Shouldn't you know this? You're a diver, I'm not, go ask the other divers if you don't know it yourself."
”Sorry”
Ask Ashli
”What plane would allow me to make an invisible entity visible again?”

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: August 25, 2019, 08:49:00 pm »

Ask Ashli

Ashli shrugs, still looking forward at the rubble pile.
"If it were invisible due to manipulating light, Tzimzvot and either Udyne or Non. If it were invisible due to influencing our minds, Yengenze. If it had some device that made it invisible, Balaram might work, if the dive targeted the device. In this case, however, it is invisible due to being buried under a wall of stone. Akhmah and Es, to move the stone. Or do nothing. We are not obligated to aid it out of the rubble."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: August 25, 2019, 10:20:28 pm »

Ask Ashli

Ashli shrugs, still looking forward at the rubble pile.
"If it were invisible due to manipulating light, Tzimzvot and either Udyne or Non. If it were invisible due to influencing our minds, Yengenze. If it had some device that made it invisible, Balaram might work, if the dive targeted the device. In this case, however, it is invisible due to being buried under a wall of stone. Akhmah and Es, to move the stone. Or do nothing. We are not obligated to aid it out of the rubble."
”So, what do we do now?”

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: August 26, 2019, 01:09:43 am »

”So, what do we do now?”

"Duplicate that TNT. Then seal it in with thick walls and retreat to a safe distance before detonating it with fire. Or dive Yengenze Xi to summon knowledge about the thing's self repair abilities, so we know how to prevent that."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: August 26, 2019, 01:11:49 am »

”So, what do we do now?”

"Duplicate that TNT. Then seal it in with thick walls and retreat to a safe distance before detonating it with fire. Or dive Yengenze Xi to summon knowledge about the thing's self repair abilities, so we know how to prevent that."
”ok. Maybe one of us can Dive for knowledge while the other Dives for duplication and sealing”

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2199 on: August 26, 2019, 03:12:25 am »

""

Fourth Turn since consuming Silent Night. Step into the room. Examine the white stuff the room is made of. Does it seem to be related to the entity, or is this stuff related to the Saint and the organic tunnels instead? Is the back wall damaged from the recent collisions? Pay attention to any indications from the halo sword and act accordingly.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2200 on: August 26, 2019, 09:01:21 am »

"If it still has its weapon you could teleport it away from him. Maybe even give it to our Honored Dead."

Check for anything lootable, like some piece of the warrior that has broken off. Also take some of the broken white Rock and cist flesh-rock.

Would it be possible to capture any of the warrior's illusionary dust as well? Perhaps with Crystal Friend's EAT command? Or maybe by emptying the field lighter to use it as a bottle? Do so if I can see any of the illusionary dust floating around anywhere.

Consider the possibility of capturing or at least momentarily distracting the warrior with a slave trap.

Otherwise, just stay ready to dodge and alert others to danger. Danger includes hearing weird things, seeing plasma or seeing the warrior's dust trying to condense somewhere.

((A lull in the fighting is the perfect opportunity to loot stuff.))

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 09:05:29 am by Parisbre56 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: August 26, 2019, 09:51:55 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
one turn since consuming Silent Night

Try to duplicate and TNT
Dive from Akhamah to Belarin, since TNT is technology, pass through Yengenze, Es, and Hel to get to Zon to duplicate the TNT. Strengthen Zon

((Thanks for the warning))
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 08:50:49 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: August 26, 2019, 02:32:07 pm »

See if I can stonesense sonar into the pile of rubble, to see how our adversary is doing. If I can see that it's alive and on it's way out, try and warm my companions of this.

If it doesn't come out, collect some of that red material I used last turn for later experimentation.
If it does come out, try and stoneform that red material around it and pull it to the ground.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: August 27, 2019, 06:41:14 am »

((Naturegirl, please, only dive once.  I have the distinct fear that your character will explode violently if she attempts three dives all in a row.  Also, you may benefit from not doing any sealing, and simply reinforcing Zon; your real goal here is just making a bigger boom, and the most efficient way to do that is to just summon more explosives.))

Retrieve the murakumo, then follow Ashul--but only up to the edge of the room, no going inside.  Keep watch on the pile of rubble that the warrior was buried in, and be ready to deflect some kind of sudden attack.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: August 28, 2019, 10:26:22 am »

Taking the moment's respite, Drett edges away from the divers and towards Kara.

"Nice to know you're still alive. We will have to talk about our experiences later, once we survive another extremely dangerous situation we put ourselves into."

Keep an eye on the pile. Be ready to shoot either the dynamite on a dud fuse, or the being in the face. As much as could have been gained discussing with them (What glorious LIGHT) it is too late now and my life is too valuable.

Drett.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 231