Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404522 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2070 on: July 10, 2019, 01:49:09 pm »

Follow Kara. Stonesense to point out stuff to her that she might not be able to see. Also focus for a second to see if this place has any connection to the crystal overmind.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
Missed this but basically...nothing really if you're not looking for something specific and no, this entire place seems to be highly devoid of it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2071 on: July 10, 2019, 05:14:06 pm »

"I... see. Thank you for this gift of knowledge." And I really hope you're not planning to weld my arm to the wall.
Thank the Antediluvian and bow respectfully while backing away. Hopefully it will leave me be. If not... Ride Crystal Friend away from it and away from the rest of the team as fast as I can, heading for a narrow place where it would be harder for it to follow me.

Incredible! That was... It was as if I could see everything and yet... No, that wasn't it. It was as if I was this place. But... If what I felt is true, if those veins can carry me into them, could they also be carrying someone else? Something else? Is that their purpose? Or is this just an unintended side effect?
Try to remember. Did I feel the Antediluvian's mind in my moment of expanded consciousness? Do I know what it thinks about me, if it's annoyed or hostile or just curious? Did I feel anything other than me in there for that matter? Some guardian trying to keep me out?

I should be careful with this. It is useful, sure, but it is not without danger. It certainly seems to draw the attention of the Antediluvians. Possibly other things as well. And there's no telling what this might do to my mind. I wouldn't want to risk my mind leaving my body and getting trapped in this place. Ghosts make for poor leaders.
If I'm not running for my life, explain what I saw and try to keep some notes or a crude map in the hopes that it will increase my chances to remember the layout of this place.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 05:18:27 pm by Parisbre56 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: July 11, 2019, 01:37:50 am »

Stick with the rest of the team for now, and respond to any danger.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: July 11, 2019, 06:55:35 am »

"Noble Corven, may I make a suggestion? The Black Book seems to be directing us to locate some deeper connection here. Is there a place within your newfound knowledge where something like that might be found? A place where the Divine Touch might be said to be more concentrated? I wish to go there and find ... whatever it is God would place along my Path."

Asking Kara for the nearest strong point of connection with the Divine, then I wish to head there quickly.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: July 11, 2019, 11:56:27 pm »

Nyw, previously standing over one of the coffins and inspecting it curiously, looks over when Kara speaks.  Seeing that Kara has gained the creature's attention, Nyw quickly draws his murakumo and rushes over to her, blocking its line of sight.  He won't attack without provocation, but "rapidly moving towards Kara" would count as provocation.

Also, he orders Gus and Baxter to stay back.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #2075 on: July 12, 2019, 07:23:56 am »

Guess Antediluvian corpses aren't fit for "that", then. Since this corpse is useless, go regroup with Kara and the rest.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: July 12, 2019, 10:17:29 am »

We didn't collect the Antediluvian yet, right? Could we use some rope and the winch on the bore to make the descent of the crawler safer, and prevent pratfalling?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: July 12, 2019, 10:41:35 am »

Clate writes on himself in Kara's direction.

This place feels empty. It is utterly devoid of the background presence of the crystal overmind. I'd like to leave here sooner rather than later, this is not a place for me to dwell.

Stick with Kara for now. Should the antidelivian make any sudden aggressive moves toward her: stoneform a wall up from the ground between us and the antidelivian, and skedaddle towards the bore.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2078 on: July 12, 2019, 02:51:09 pm »

Watch the Antediluvian, attack it with the moon blade if it's acting hostile.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2079 on: July 13, 2019, 12:58:06 pm »

Hustle my mothy butt up with the rest of the group. Safety in numbers even if they have caught the attention of an antediluvian.

Drett.
We'll assume you're up there.

"I... see. Thank you for this gift of knowledge." And I really hope you're not planning to weld my arm to the wall.
Thank the Antediluvian and bow respectfully while backing away. Hopefully it will leave me be. If not... Ride Crystal Friend away from it and away from the rest of the team as fast as I can, heading for a narrow place where it would be harder for it to follow me.

Incredible! That was... It was as if I could see everything and yet... No, that wasn't it. It was as if I was this place. But... If what I felt is true, if those veins can carry me into them, could they also be carrying someone else? Something else? Is that their purpose? Or is this just an unintended side effect?
Try to remember. Did I feel the Antediluvian's mind in my moment of expanded consciousness? Do I know what it thinks about me, if it's annoyed or hostile or just curious? Did I feel anything other than me in there for that matter? Some guardian trying to keep me out?

I should be careful with this. It is useful, sure, but it is not without danger. It certainly seems to draw the attention of the Antediluvians. Possibly other things as well. And there's no telling what this might do to my mind. I wouldn't want to risk my mind leaving my body and getting trapped in this place. Ghosts make for poor leaders.
If I'm not running for my life, explain what I saw and try to keep some notes or a crude map in the hopes that it will increase my chances to remember the layout of this place.

You thank the Antediluvian and, after a long moment, its attention returns to its work.

You don't think you felt their minds...but there was something.  Definitely not these creatures, far too big. You cannot put it into words, even in your own head.

You explain to everyone what happened and jot down some notes about the layout of the place.

"Noble Corven, may I make a suggestion? The Black Book seems to be directing us to locate some deeper connection here. Is there a place within your newfound knowledge where something like that might be found? A place where the Divine Touch might be said to be more concentrated? I wish to go there and find ... whatever it is God would place along my Path."

Asking Kara for the nearest strong point of connection with the Divine, then I wish to head there quickly.

She hasn't given the ok to this but if she does I'll have her tell you and direct you towards it.

Nyw, previously standing over one of the coffins and inspecting it curiously, looks over when Kara speaks.  Seeing that Kara has gained the creature's attention, Nyw quickly draws his murakumo and rushes over to her, blocking its line of sight.  He won't attack without provocation, but "rapidly moving towards Kara" would count as provocation.

Also, he orders Gus and Baxter to stay back.

Thankfully it doesn't come to any sort of confrontation as the Antediluvian seems to lose interest in Kara.

Guess Antediluvian corpses aren't fit for "that", then. Since this corpse is useless, go regroup with Kara and the rest.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
Up you go and to them you get.

We didn't collect the Antediluvian yet, right? Could we use some rope and the winch on the bore to make the descent of the crawler safer, and prevent pratfalling?

Not yet. You could, though doing so would require repositioning the bore a bit so that you don't have the rope just grinding on a bunch of edges.

Watch the Antediluvian, attack it with the moon blade if it's acting hostile.
Clate writes on himself in Kara's direction.

This place feels empty. It is utterly devoid of the background presence of the crystal overmind. I'd like to leave here sooner rather than later, this is not a place for me to dwell.

Stick with Kara for now. Should the antidelivian make any sudden aggressive moves toward her: stoneform a wall up from the ground between us and the antidelivian, and skedaddle towards the bore.

All this lack of violence is probably feeling very weird to the communion group eh? No critters constantly trying to bash your skull in? Yawn.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2080 on: July 13, 2019, 01:39:12 pm »

"I don't think it's empty. I think it's filled with something else. And whatever it is, it doesn't like sharing. But as long as we stay out of its way, we should be fine."

"I can direct you where I felt the presence at its strongest, if that is what you mean. I'm very interested in finding it myself. Just be on your guard, I'm not sure if it will like our intrusion."
Kara directed Crystal Friend to take her deeper into the ruins. As it walked, she lifted her arm and looked at the place the golden pin was embedded.
If this thing is a conduit, I really hope it doesn't work both ways. Even if I'm not large enough to register in its attention and be targeted directly, it could be that its presence there is overwhelming enough to affect me or even consume me. Becoming an empty vessel of... GOD or whatever is there is not how I want to die.
"If I feel anything weird I'll let you know." she added as she let her hand fall down and rest on the Obedience Rod.

I accept. Lead the group there.
If I can remember anything useful about it or about the way that leads there, let the others know.
Also consider if that place is in the same direction as where I heard the roars.
Otherwise, just keep an eye out for trouble.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 01:42:16 pm by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: July 13, 2019, 10:43:01 pm »

"I thank you for the warning and the concern. We are indeed guests in this place, though perhaps these builders are but preparing a place for our kinds in the long term. Nevertheless, I will attempt to respect their boundaries, as much as possible within our goals. In truth, this place reminds me somewhat of the Relic Vision I and somoe of our teammates recently completed. That we haven't been brutally assaulted yet is ... a victory in itself."

Follow along. Contemplate what Dive would be most effective in getting me a dog sized Star Dragon.options include balaram xi - to summon one, balaram zon -to copy the one we saw before, and balaram Ah - to create one from scratch. Would I need additional spheres? would I need a second dive for some sort of control mechanism? Would I need to use Gesh to bind the thing to my will, and what difference wold there be between a temporary binding and a permanent one? Would i need Neth to make the binding permanent? Assuming I created the thing, would it come pre-bound? since I wouldn't be copying an existing design but making one of my own. Would i need source materials?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: July 14, 2019, 09:44:34 am »

Not yet. You could, though doing so would require repositioning the bore a bit so that you don't have the rope just grinding on a bunch of edges.

Sure, let's try that then. Reposition bore a bit, attach rope to crawler, doublecheck connections and the like. Then slowly and carefully walk crawler down to the divine corpse. 

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: July 14, 2019, 03:19:11 pm »

Keep following Kara. Use my stonesense to ping for dangers that my compatriots might not be able to see.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2084 on: July 14, 2019, 05:37:13 pm »

Follow along while keeping an eye out for loot.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 231