Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404567 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #2040 on: July 01, 2019, 08:08:03 pm »

First off, place a path marker down where we are. Then take a look around and try to determine the most interesting path to take. After that, hop in the crawler and help load the corpse.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: July 02, 2019, 06:59:19 am »

"Why, we only just started our exploration of these holy grounds! And as you well know, travel to the deep and unknown reaches of the earth, our Chronic Pilgrimage, is a core tenet of a Chthonic's spiritual growth. Of course, you must decide for yourself what you desire to get out of this journey, but even if all we do is explore and chart these virgin grounds for future pilgrims to visit, we would already be doing a favor for both the church and our fellow faithful."
"Hmmm. I suppose that is a wise way to look iat it. My own path has narrowed my vision, perhaps a bit beyond what is prudent. I still have many Fathoms to Delve."

"How horrifying! What kind of foul monster would dare lay a finger on god's immaculate servants? Let us go recover it, so it can perhaps be laid to rest appropriately, but we must be wary, the fiend might still lurk near."
"It may not have been a devil, but a servant of God, who did this. We do not know how the Antedilluvian society functions, really. I think you are right to be cautious, either way. I wonder how one would show proper respect for the corpse of one such as this?"

Hotfire90

« Reply #2042 on: July 02, 2019, 07:08:50 am »

Follow the crawler.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: July 02, 2019, 10:37:04 am »

Wrong thread
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 12:29:40 pm by The Lupanian »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: July 02, 2019, 11:52:20 am »

"Interesting. Perhaps this shall be... Medically relevant." Drett says, turning to Adam. "Do you mind if I collect some blood and tissue samples to examine? There is a chance the information may bring to light a boon to all.

"I can also perform a quick autopsy and determine cause of death if you wish."

Try to determine cause of death, perform a cursory examination of the body (with sketches, special attention given to hands and eye/facial features) and prepare some samples unless stopped. Some blood, a piece of skin, and some deeper tissue if possible to analyze later.

Drett.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: July 02, 2019, 02:49:54 pm »

Follow alongside Adam. Use my stonesense to keep an eye on our surroundings and maybe spot hidden stuff/enemies my compatriots might miss

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: July 03, 2019, 09:27:20 am »

Move to where the Antediluvian corpse is. How big is it? How was it killed?.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2047 on: July 03, 2019, 07:25:49 pm »

Could the crawler walk through the tunnels?

Practice using "HURY!": RUB command to move the Crystal Friend while riding it, since it seems to lack a dedicated move command.

Would it be safe to leave the bore here or would it be better to have it retreat further back, in case they expand the room while we're gone?

Try to determine the purpose of this room.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
If you have one then yes, it could. I don't remember if we do.

It goes basically where you point.

The bore could probably be left here pretty safely, maybe back it up a little bit.

This room? Thought we covered that?  Unfinished hall, probably catacombs.

Frankly, I'm not sure what our objectives are here, nor how this experience will contribute to AsHul's growth. He's not much of a tourist. I expected Radio and paris to have more of a plan or purpose in returning here.

If the crawler can get through, take it down and collect the antedilluvian corpse. Otherwise I'm back to diving the spheres. Haven't done Konis yet, so I'll go there.

If there is a crawler (Is there? I'll assume there is) then yes it can get down there.
[19]

The crawler walks out of the cargo hatch in the side of the bore and falls straight down, landing on its back. Its not damaged but Ashul has a broken collar bone and the crawler is now upside down.

((Sorry, don't have much time these days for forum stuff.))

"Adam, this place is a sea of wealth, bright beyond my capacity to bear. And yet, I cannot see how this might benefit our own journey toward God. It is an experience, but I do not feel enlightened or illuminated by it. Nor do I see a way to take advantage of this without serious negative repurcussions. What are your thoughts on the matter?

"Why, we only just started our exploration of these holy grounds! And as you well know, travel to the deep and unknown reaches of the earth, our Chronic Pilgrimage, is a core tenet of a Chthonic's spiritual growth. Of course, you must decide for yourself what you desire to get out of this journey, but even if all we do is explore and chart these virgin grounds for future pilgrims to visit, we would already be doing a favor for both the church and our fellow faithful."

Go with the crawler, if it is capable of climbing to where we are going without very difficult piloting.

"How horrifying! What kind of foul monster would dare lay a finger on god's immaculate servants? Let us go recover it, so it can perhaps be laid to rest appropriately, but we must be wary, the fiend might still lurk near."

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
[10]
Adam is knocked out when the crawler crashes, but is not injured.

First off, place a path marker down where we are. Then take a look around and try to determine the most interesting path to take. After that, hop in the crawler and help load the corpse.
You set a path marker down at the mouth of this pathway and then stop to look around. There's a path up the wall and to the left that has light coming out of it. That one looks interesting. You turn around and are heading back when the crawler bounces down and slams into the floor under the bore.

Follow the crawler.
Alex walks over next to the crawler and lies on his back.

"Interesting. Perhaps this shall be... Medically relevant." Drett says, turning to Adam. "Do you mind if I collect some blood and tissue samples to examine? There is a chance the information may bring to light a boon to all.

"I can also perform a quick autopsy and determine cause of death if you wish."

Try to determine cause of death, perform a cursory examination of the body (with sketches, special attention given to hands and eye/facial features) and prepare some samples unless stopped. Some blood, a piece of skin, and some deeper tissue if possible to analyze later.

Drett.
For previously mentioned reasons getting down to the thing is out for this turn, at least getting down there via the crawler which I assume was your implication. However, from the mouth of the hall you can just make out that the Antediluvian seems to have been almost cut in half, length wise.

Follow alongside Adam. Use my stonesense to keep an eye on our surroundings and maybe spot hidden stuff/enemies my compatriots might miss

Clate too ends up in the flipped crawler, but his stony biology means he isn't injured like his squishy companions.

Move to where the Antediluvian corpse is. How big is it? How was it killed?.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
[11]
Kalgony carefully lowers himself down and onto the slanted passage. He scampers across to the stairs without slipping and then walks down to the Antediluvian.  The body is very large; its roughly the size of those diggers they saw earlier but this one looks to be suited to some other purpose. Its flesh has the appearance and feeling of granite, though not the same color. It has been cut nearly in half, bisected from the head down to the pelvis.  You look at it and are rather surprised to find a completely alien anatomy within. It looks nothing like humans or really any creature you are familiar with.

Hotfire90

Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2048 on: July 03, 2019, 07:46:39 pm »

"This sure was a great investment of my money" Alex says, still lying on his back.

"I don't suppose we have anything on the bore that can be used to flip the crawler."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: July 03, 2019, 08:19:50 pm »

"Ah. ouch. Depths. My apologies. are you all unharmed?"

attempt to get the crawler to right itself without stepping on any allies or damaging this catacomb. Then get treated by the doctor before I do anything else.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: July 03, 2019, 10:40:02 pm »

Is the antediluvian reacting to the event with the crawler? Also, how hard does it seem like it would be to traverse the foot paths?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: July 04, 2019, 02:19:06 pm »

If at all possible, go join Kalagony at the antideluvian. Since it seems to made out of granite, inspect it with my stonesense. See if I cant glean any info from it from my rather unique point of view. Also try to feel if I can feel any connection to it, like I did with the crystal overmind.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2052 on: July 04, 2019, 04:31:19 pm »

If nobody else wants it, I'm also going to take that extra rope we have in the bore.

Back the bore up, shut it down and closer the doors. Can I also lock it? Or maybe take the "keys" (if there is such thing) so that nobody can move it? Do so, if possible.

Is there anything actually buried here or are they merely for decoration? Or perhaps the catacombs haven't been filled yet?

Ride my shiny friend onwards to wherever looks interesting! Adventure and fortune awaits! Wind and activate my lantern to keep the shadows away and keep an eye out for danger.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2053 on: July 06, 2019, 10:57:19 am »

Attach the crawler to the winch located on the bore if the crawler doesn't right itself.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2054 on: July 06, 2019, 05:23:35 pm »

"Ah. ouch. Depths. My apologies. are you all unharmed?"

attempt to get the crawler to right itself without stepping on any allies or damaging this catacomb. Then get treated by the doctor before I do anything else.

Attach the crawler to the winch located on the bore if the crawler doesn't right itself.
Luckily there is a premade system for this on the crawler and after a single button press it deploys pneumatic jacks that slowly lift it back up and flip it onto its legs again.

Is the antediluvian reacting to the event with the crawler? Also, how hard does it seem like it would be to traverse the foot paths?
The Antediliuvian looked at the crawler when it fell and is looking at it right itself but is otherwise not reacting and has continued to work regardless.  As per the path outside this hall, its definitely possible to walk it on foot, just mildly dangerous. If you slipped on the smooth section that surrounds the stairs, you'd probably slide all the way down...to wherever that is.

If at all possible, go join Kalagony at the antideluvian. Since it seems to made out of granite, inspect it with my stonesense. See if I cant glean any info from it from my rather unique point of view. Also try to feel if I can feel any connection to it, like I did with the crystal overmind.

You climb the rope that Kalagony used and slither over to the body. This thing isn't stone...or at least not really. It...sort of feels like it but then again it sort of doesn't. Its as though its halfway in between. And it isn't connected to the crystal overmind at all. If anything, the overmind is repulsed and kept away from it.

If nobody else wants it, I'm also going to take that extra rope we have in the bore.

Back the bore up, shut it down and closer the doors. Can I also lock it? Or maybe take the "keys" (if there is such thing) so that nobody can move it? Do so, if possible.

Is there anything actually buried here or are they merely for decoration? Or perhaps the catacombs haven't been filled yet?

Ride my shiny friend onwards to wherever looks interesting! Adventure and fortune awaits! Wind and activate my lantern to keep the shadows away and keep an eye out for danger.

You back up and then lock up the bore.

There are sarcophagi that look like they're destined to be placed in here but are currently just sitting near the end of the hall. Four of them.

So, in terms of interesting there is the Antediluvian body, the glowing room that someone noticed last turn,  and the possible cist further below.  Take your pick.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 231