Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404619 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #2010 on: June 20, 2019, 10:11:35 pm »

Dive to Noth

Hotfire90

« Reply #2011 on: June 21, 2019, 10:03:38 am »

Oh well, get back to the bore, hang out in the workshops and aid with any construction projects.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: June 21, 2019, 04:12:38 pm »

The message basically says that he is available for a personal meeting for the next two weeks or so, but after that he is departing on an expedition.

Does the message say -where- I should go meet him?

Use flammenvision to help steer the bore towards our destination while avoiding subterranean silliness. If not needed, instead meditate on the nature of Antediluvians.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: June 21, 2019, 06:18:59 pm »

Inspect my new shears and the piece of polished wood. Give the shears an experimental snip, and give the wood an experimental tap.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: June 22, 2019, 03:10:55 pm »

Wait eagerly at the bore for the mission to start. Pray for lots of spilled blood and corpses.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2015 on: June 23, 2019, 01:06:32 pm »

The message basically says that he is available for a personal meeting for the next two weeks or so, but after that he is departing on an expedition.

Does the message say -where- I should go meet him?

Use flammenvision to help steer the bore towards our destination while avoiding subterranean silliness. If not needed, instead meditate on the nature of Antediluvians.

Empyrean of course. It has an address.

Go ahead and try to get out the web of lies substance.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
[5]
You reach in and touch the web. There is a sudden cry from somewhere above and the bore shifts violently. The metal cracks open like an egg and you find yourself falling  through empty space, tumbling into darkness towards a lake of magma. You are confused, terrified, and....You close your eyes and by effort of will manage force your hand to move, to let go.  The sensations of falling vanish instantly and you're back on the bore, just as you were before. Your hand hurts from clenching your muscles so tightly as you held onto the web.

Humm.  Before leaving them, Nyw will explain to the youths his position on a nomadic bore, and offer them the chance to accompany him.  If they're actually foolish excited enough to take him up on that, he'll pick the most promising two and take them to the bore, or at least tell them its location and departure time, if they need to collect their personal effects first.

Then, yeah, Nyw will return to the bore and be ready to go off on another adventure.

[7]
Several offer, but you choose the two who, from what you know of them, seem best suited to the adventure. They don't have families or other major obligations or ties and they are in their mid teens. Their skills are not amazing or anything but they might prove useful.

Their names are Gus and Baxter.

Inspect my new shears and the piece of polished wood. Give the shears an experimental snip, and give the wood an experimental tap.

The snip of the shears is seemingly normal except for the sound. The sound is far too loud and exaggerated; there's a hissing woooosh as they come together and then slicing metal sound before absolute silence. Hmm.

Are you tapping the wood, or are you tapping something with the wood? I'm afraid for this one I have to be very specific about exactly what you're doing, how, and with what intent.

Wait eagerly at the bore for the mission to start. Pray for lots of spilled blood and corpses.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
Oh well, get back to the bore, hang out in the workshops and aid with any construction projects.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Waiting, basically.

Dive to Noth

[18] You've been rolling dangerously high for diving recently.

You find yourself in utter darkness; a total airless vacuum.

It is rather uncomfortable.

"We could just dig around the traffic jam."

If nobody objects, refuel (82 fathoms by my count +4 for the abyssal path toll) and then dig towards the place I heard the roars coming from in the messenger path. Not directly at it, but near it. (I have +1 Navigation, if there's a roll involved)

Use the workshop to try to make a harness/saddle for riding Crystal Friend using some of the structural junk on the bore. It should also have a holster for the control rod so I can actually direct it, tied with some rope so that it's unlikely to fall off. A place where I could attach my Ethral Rifle's bipod would also be nice. EDIT: Any help is appreciated.

((Really wish I had some points in cunning. Oh well. Can't do everything.))

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
[7]
We're gonna assume you're leaving from the east most section of Twinfalls so as not to drive directly into magma.  You use up 2 fuel before the bore breeches a hollow; you think it must be a section of the structures built off the path.

[8]
You make your harness out of...how big is this harness again? 

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2016 on: June 23, 2019, 02:21:00 pm »

"Wow. That was a short trip. Those things sure work quickly."

The harness is large enough to let me safely ride Crystal Friend. Don't know how large that is.

Check the chamber we've breached via periscope.

Does it look like the bore could walk through it?

How far do I think we are we from the monster? Would it take long to go there on foot? Not looking for exact numbers, just want to know if it's reasonable to walk there.

Could we dig around this or is this as far as digging will get us?

What about digging though it?

« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 02:58:01 pm by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: June 24, 2019, 06:40:28 am »

Return from Noth. Bring some of the Darkness with me.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: June 24, 2019, 07:13:42 am »

Where in Empyrean is the address? Place is big yo. I have a city map to look it up, by the way.

((Paris, will you edit the wiki to keep track of fuel and team fund for this refuel, or should I?))

Scan immediate surroundings (flammenvision and regular periscope), if no obvious immediate threats (monsters swarming all over or something) are spotted and there is something to explore like a ruin or a tomb, get out and take a looksie.

Of course, if the bore doesn’t stop here but moves on to the main path or something instead, stay in and patiently wait. And maybe do that meditating from last turn?

« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 11:51:29 am by Radio Controlled »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: June 24, 2019, 09:30:04 am »

Where in Empyrean? Place is big yo.

At the address the message gives. In otherwords, the message told you a) when Leon would be available, and b) where to find him during that time.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: June 24, 2019, 11:50:46 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ah, yeah, I was somewhat unclear there (posted in a bit of a hurry), what I meant was more along the lines of "Where in Empyrean is that address?". I have a map of the place so I'd like to know where he wants to meet up.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2021 on: June 24, 2019, 11:59:52 am »

Kara has already told you it's the cathedral of the pilgrim: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=171120.msg7871992;topicseen#msg7871992

Also, I was waiting for Piecewise to let me know how many junk I used, but since that didn't happen I'll just go on ahead and update the fathoms
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 12:03:24 pm by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: June 24, 2019, 02:50:29 pm »

I'm just tapping the wood itself, with the intent of seeing what that does. If that does nothing, same intent, but tap it against a fathom.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2023 on: June 25, 2019, 09:08:12 am »

"Wow. That was a short trip. Those things sure work quickly."

The harness is large enough to let me safely ride Crystal Friend. Don't know how large that is.

Check the chamber we've breached via periscope.

Does it look like the bore could walk through it?

How far do I think we are we from the monster? Would it take long to go there on foot? Not looking for exact numbers, just want to know if it's reasonable to walk there.

Could we dig around this or is this as far as digging will get us?

What about digging though it?

6 structural then.

The chamber below  is a rough thing, unfinished but carved into its general shape, a large hall with tall, steepled ceiling. About 20 feet away and to the left there is an antediluvian; this one has skin in a dull and bumpy orange and is hunched over and crawling forward on hands and knees, smoothing the stone floor and carving thin lines into it, making it look as though it is made of cyclopean brickwork.

Its not large enough for the bore to move through without drilling.

Hard to say, the structures the antediluvian build are complex and winding things, holy mazes they are sometimes called. If you had to guess...maybe it would be about a mile or so down from here and roughly straight ahead.

You could back up and dig around, though it is hard to avoid these masses of tunnels completely.

You could dig through it.

Return from Noth. Bring some of the Darkness with me.

[4]
You return, however you cannot transport the darkness with you.

Where in Empyrean is the address? Place is big yo. I have a city map to look it up, by the way.

((Paris, will you edit the wiki to keep track of fuel and team fund for this refuel, or should I?))

Scan immediate surroundings (flammenvision and regular periscope), if no obvious immediate threats (monsters swarming all over or something) are spotted and there is something to explore like a ruin or a tomb, get out and take a looksie.

Of course, if the bore doesn’t stop here but moves on to the main path or something instead, stay in and patiently wait. And maybe do that meditating from last turn?

Temple of the pilgrim as paris said. There's a given room number too.

Not sure if you would consider the Antediluvian a threat. It definitely could be if you annoy it, but it should be fine as long as you don't get in the way. Still get out?

your flamevision is gonna be pretty muddled around here I must say.

I'm just tapping the wood itself, with the intent of seeing what that does. If that does nothing, same intent, but tap it against a fathom.

Tapping the wood with a finger doesn't do anything. Picking it up and just tapping it against a fathom with no real thoughts or desires in your head doesn't really do anything either. The wood does seem to sparkle a bit.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: June 25, 2019, 09:47:19 am »

Get out of the Bore and inspect the chamber we are in more closely. Approach the antedilluvian but do not interfere with it's work or damage what it has already done. This chamber, I assume, is connected to at least one passageway, but is not the main Messenger Path itself? Are there any unique features, besides the Antedilluivian's carving? Play song 1 (Gold finder) on each of my three guitars.

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 231