Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404877 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1695 on: March 01, 2019, 07:22:16 am »

Welp, that's no good then. Let's just go then, but still store the boxes near the door so we can kick 'em out a little faster anyways. Same path will do for now.

During travel, examine my beaker artifact with flammenvision.

Also, look in my artifact book and/or try to remember if items that grant invisibility or at least extreme camouflage exist. If the invisi is two-way (aka can't see things while active) that's not a problem.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 09:34:40 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1696 on: March 01, 2019, 09:26:56 am »

Continue following.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: March 01, 2019, 06:45:09 pm »

"I'm not gonna lie, guys. But I'm kinda tuning out to all this weirdness. I'm having trouble keeping up with all of it. Almost makes me miss the time we had to rappel down onto an island in the middle of a lake of lava."

Follow the group

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: March 02, 2019, 07:52:06 am »

"No one had to do that. I built a bridge of stone and steel into the ruins. And no doubt, any of teh Ethral who accompanied us could have easily flown across with a rope or something to make the trip easier.

But I am also tired of this Vision and its hazards. Be assured, we are on the final leg. This is the last challenge. There are six moons in the sky above us."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1699 on: March 02, 2019, 04:17:42 pm »

Try to do something in the bore to help the crew. Is there anything I can do to be helpful as a fighter that has absolutely nothing to fight against?
Kara slowly approached Kalagony, nervously fidgeting with the limp sleeve of her shirt that would had held her missing arm.
"Erm... Hi!" she began raising her arm in greeting and quickly bringing it down again.
"I just wanted to... apologize. When you last spoke to me, you were honest and trying to help, but... Well, I know it's no excuse, but I was dealing with a lot of things at the time. I panicked and just didn't want to deal with my condition or fears or... anything related to it at the time and so I just said what I thought was the easiest way out."
She made an effort to look at him in the eyes to show how sincere her apology was.
"I am deeply sorry if I hurt or insulted you. I hope you can forgive me. Or at least hold no grudge against me. If there's anything I could do to make things better between us..."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1700 on: March 02, 2019, 04:37:14 pm »

”Wow, time to put this to use”
Go to one of the boxes and use Voice in the Eyes on it.
(Can you tell me what skill it uses?)

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
Nerve, occult

[17]
You go stare at the boxes and hear nothing but gentle whispers. Whispers about the metal box itself you think, considering what you hear. Stuff about smelting mostly, but its pretty scattered.
Welp, that's no good then. Let's just go then, but still store the boxes near the door so we can kick 'em out a little faster anyways. Same path will do for now.

During travel, examine my beaker artifact with flammenvision.

Also, look in my artifact book and/or try to remember if items that grant invisibility or at least extreme camouflage exist. If the invisi is two-way (aka can't see things while active) that's not a problem.

[7]
Your eyes can't make out anything about the beaker. It too is a hole in your vision.

[15]

Ah...you can't find or remember anything about invisible artifacts or anything like that.

Try to do something in the bore to help the crew. Is there anything I can do to be helpful as a fighter that has absolutely nothing to fight against?

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
Uh, try to find someone to tell me what to do.

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)
Both of you go down to the hold and stand guard over the cargo and whatever secrets it holds.  As they sit there, Kara leans in and shouts "MAKE US A BIG GUN" before heading up to the cockpit.

"We should come this way again some day. We're so close to Hearth! I'd love to see the archive there..."

I think it would be best if we took the same path we used to come here instead of digging. That is, we should move through the caverns like so.
That's because:
A. It gives us more space to notice and react to stuff.
B. If something bad happens, we aren't trapped in a dead end tunnel but in a place that's more likely to have helpful people or at least an escape route.
C. This is an explored and frequently used cavern, so we are less likely to encounter something unexpected.
D. I may finally get the chance to look into that door!

Try to spend my free time in the cockpit, keeping an eye out for trouble/intriguing wildlife/interesting stuff.

Command ER to sell her body for money and bring the money to me do weird sexy moth stuff with me pop one of the boxes open and stick her head in it get to work designing a big gun for the bore.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
"I've had more than a fair share of excitement these days."

Path as paris says above.

The bore trundles back along its old path for a while. Things are going fine until they hit the caverns just outside Goldshore and start moving through them towards the
hunter's pass.  Kara notices them first, things moving along the cavern walls in the same direction as the bore. At first there are only a handful, but within a few seconds the walls are swarming with them. At first she mistakes them for insects but it becomes abundantly clear what they are when they throw themselves from the wall and onto the dome of the bore. Corpses. Each apparently mummified, their flesh and skin badly shriveled and dehydrated, with hollow eye sockets apparently stuffed full of smoldering coals. Their faces are those of corpses, no anger or effort shows on them, instead they are frozen agape or in unnatural grimaces, the result of shrinking muscles contorting. A dozen land on the bore window before something else does. Unlike the corpses that belly flopped onto the bore with animalistic abandon, this one lands on its feet.  It too is a corpse, but unlike the others that are dressed in rags, bandages, or nothing at all, this one is draped in white cloth and gold jewelry. Its clothing is not hugely ornate, but has a simple elegance that makes the corpse appear to be an ancient king.  The thing that sticks out most about it, besides the golden khopesh it holds in each hand, is its head. The corpse is that of a man, tall and equally mummified as the others, with a skin that might quite literally be leather. But his face is not the frozen deathmask of the others, it is set in a regal glare of mild disdain, and the top of his head has been cut off. The remaining bone of the dome of the skull has been carved to resemble a crown, with jewels literally set into the exposed bone.

The corpse kneels down and taps the glass with one khopesh.

"You have something of mine." He says in a voice shockingly rich and deep compared to his ancient and shriveled appearance.

"I think it would be best if we leave and continue on our way.  The other guardians have largely been hostile, this one is likely no different, even if it is more passive.  I do feel that we should respect the creature's clear wishes, and stay out of the room it was guarding; if it returns to find us within the protected area, it may decide violence is the only option.  We have seen quite enough violence today, in my opinion."

Gather the books back up, except for one small one which Nyw will set down a foot past the door's threshold, and if the rest of the party agrees, leave the previously-protected door alone and continue traveling through the lived-in area.

"Though, perhaps we could leave a note, positioned carefully so that if we return it will be clear whether it was read?  Does anyone have a writing utensil?  Or paper which is of less value than these books?"

"I'm not gonna lie, guys. But I'm kinda tuning out to all this weirdness. I'm having trouble keeping up with all of it. Almost makes me miss the time we had to rappel down onto an island in the middle of a lake of lava."

Follow the group

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
Continue following.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
"I only have my poor copy of the Black Book. I have no writing utensils on me, however."

Gather my Fathom and continue to the next lived in room. If nothing of note happens there, keep going through the lived in rooms until we encounter another lizard guy, the big lizard coiled about a pillar, something moon themed, or something else significant.

The team moves out and continues to follow the path. After about a dozen more rooms they enter a hall that looks...well very similar to the hall of statues at the very beginning of this thing. These statues are all broken, save for the coiled serpent.  The hall leads straight ahead to what, on inspection, appears to be a cliff. The sky stretches out in front of the door and there's no visible ground, like a doorway built into the side of a cliff wall. But...there's not even ground far below...there is just sky. That same turbulent sky as before, the rolling vision of the mountains as the temple tumbles down. Its oddly quiet.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: March 02, 2019, 05:22:51 pm »

"Excuse me, honorable ancestor, but who are you, and what is it that you think we have that is yours?"

Talk to corpseboy, but try to sound suitably reverential to hopefully placate it a little. Maybe now we'll find out what exactly we are transporting.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 05:29:05 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1702 on: March 02, 2019, 06:19:38 pm »

((See? This is where some flamethrowers or other big guns would have been useful.))

: Battle stations. Prepare to repel undead boarders. : Kara announced through the intercom.

Stand ready to close the dome's iris if things go badly. If any of them manage to get in, then run away. I don't want to start shooting in the bridge, I could damage something important. Unless Vikkan's in danger, then shoot the zombies, defending him takes priority.

Try to figure out which parts of the bore are more susceptible to boarding and if we could dig a hole quickly enough to inconvenience the boarders or if it would be better to run.

Have I heard of this guy before or someone like him?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 04:46:40 am by Parisbre56 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: March 02, 2019, 08:28:50 pm »

Get in the bridge and ready myself to defend if things get hairy. If the zombies break through the glass dome, start shooting. If they get too close, attack with the sword, but try to keep range on them. Also, spy with my little eye on the zombie king guy.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 04:11:21 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: March 02, 2019, 08:41:34 pm »

Kara slowly approached Kalagony, nervously fidgeting with the limp sleeve of her shirt that would had held her missing arm.
"Erm... Hi!" she began raising her arm in greeting and quickly bringing it down again.
"I just wanted to... apologize. When you last spoke to me, you were honest and trying to help, but... Well, I know it's no excuse, but I was dealing with a lot of things at the time. I panicked and just didn't want to deal with my condition or fears or... anything related to it at the time and so I just said what I thought was the easiest way out."
She made an effort to look at him in the eyes to show how sincere her apology was.
"I am deeply sorry if I hurt or insulted you. I hope you can forgive me. Or at least hold no grudge against me. If there's anything I could do to make things better between us..."

While Kalagony couldn't even recognize Kara's face due to his poor eyesight, he still felt she was being sincere.

"This scent... Kara, isn't it? You don't have to apologize... You had a reasonable reaction, which I expected and was the reason I was too nervous to ask you before. I'm not the kind of guy who holds grudges, either..."

"...Do you know why did I chose you? Not because of your physical power or skill, but because of your spirit. That day, I saw someone willing to sacrifice parts of their body to save others. From a frail and crippled Corven, I saw true strenght and determination."

Kalagony chuckles for a moment.

"Honestly, you remind me of myself when I was younger."

"Truth is, that I'm getting old. My vision isn't as good as it was in my youth, but my fighting spirit continues to be as strong as the steel I bear in right arm. ...Yet, I can feel my physical strenght waning as my body ages."

"So... Just know, I'm still willing to take you as... You know, my apprentice. My personal fighting style requires a mechanical arm, but I still could teach you some of the basics of unnarmed combat, as a way to express my gratitude..."

Move towards the glass and prepare for combat. Attack as soon as they break into the bridge, using my mechanical arm as both a shield and weapon. Go for crushing attacks with my fists instead of slashing attacks with my claws. Aim for the head of the undead, and arms if they keep moving after that. If I notice that I'm getting surrounded or there are too many hostiles, retreat and find a better place to continue fighting like a hallway from which I know where the enemy will come from. If there are way too many of them and I'm alone, just retreat and regroup.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 08:47:19 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1705 on: March 03, 2019, 04:20:28 am »

”I don’t know how this is going to go, but if I don’t make it, I think Adam should have the Voice in the Eyes. He could make the best use of it. Assuming he could make the appropriate sacrifice.”
I look down for a moment, thinking.
”Also, if I don’t make it, use my Fathoms and my pay to buy a big fucking flamethrower. A turret mounted, fuel line fed, death machine! And think of me when you use it, especially if you get to burn other goddamn mummified motherfuckers with it!”
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG...
« Reply #1706 on: March 03, 2019, 06:02:16 am »

"We are being paid to transport cargo. We were not informed beforehand what we would be transporting. I believe that the items in our cargo bay officially belong to our employer, but I think that the simplest and most beneficial outcome for us both would be for you to buy that cargo from us for fathoms or goods of greater value than our employer is paying."

Negotiate. For more money, obviously.

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: March 03, 2019, 08:04:38 am »

"Ah. We have failed to defeat this last challenge. I suppose the little lizard was our opportunity after all.

Alright, team. Do we return and search out the coiled serpent, or do we simply exit this vision and report our experiences?"

Hotfire90

« Reply #1708 on: March 03, 2019, 10:37:35 am »

"I think we should just leave at this point, the library we've encountered is far more valuable than the core we're after, who knows just how much ancient knowledge it contains.

I also want to go back to the corpse of the first guardian and perform my investigation, it's going to help with the upcoming negotiations."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: March 03, 2019, 04:25:42 pm »

"On the one hand, I want to just leave and be done with this.

On the other hand, we are pretty close to completing this farce of a vision quest. And I'm sure those church people will be much more pliable if we bring back the object of their desire."
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 231