Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404881 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1680 on: February 24, 2019, 12:50:46 am »

"Curious. I'm stumped. I don't know what to do. This one seems to be different than the others. It seems to not view us as a threat, yet, for one, nor as prey. It handled that book with care and returned it to us. Yet, we have not been able to communicate with it. I feel like this encounter might be more important than I first expected."

Approach the showroom. Sitin front of the boundary and toss a single Fathom to the creature. Wave at the creature and say hello. Stretch my hand out into the hallway, palm up.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1681 on: February 24, 2019, 07:22:09 am »

Investigate the room I'm in, does it have any exits, dangers, treasures lying around?
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: February 24, 2019, 08:15:54 am »

Standard Nyw action, stay close to Ashul, just a little back from the creature, ready to intervene if it attacks him.  Though, only respond if it sustains the attack; if it just chops his hand off and throws it back at him in an instant, but then returns to staying still, don't push things.

((I checked back, and I had misunderstood the situation a bit.  There's other exits to the room, one of which looks lived in.  We don't need to get past this guy to continue the path we were taking... though I'd still bet that whatever's behind him is important.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: February 25, 2019, 05:19:12 pm »

You don't have something like that now...about the best you could do is stack them near the door to the cargo hold so you could manually shove them out. But even then they're necessarily strapped into the floor and ceiling so you'd have to sever those ties before shoving them out. Though there's no reason you couldn't make or buy something to do this for you.

Anything for sale around here that could do this? How much scrap/parts to do it ourselves?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1684 on: February 25, 2019, 07:06:08 pm »

"Hopefully safe, but only slightly less stressed."

Time for our wild ride.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: February 26, 2019, 11:59:04 am »

Please... Do not throw the books. They have value beyond their material worth.

This new room I moved into. What's it look like? anything interesting? Can I see more of our "friend" from here?

Drett.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1686 on: February 26, 2019, 12:57:24 pm »

Well, I suppose there's nothing left for us to do but head back.

Set up a watch schedule so there's at least one person watching the boxes (but preferably not in the same room as them) and one person watching the bore's surroundings at all times, if possible.

By the way, do I still feel my missing limb cold and numb and occasionally moving? Any changes?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
Your missing limb still feels the same.

You set up a watch schedule so that someone is always around to keep an eye on the boxes.

As per heading back, what path you taking?

Take out one of the glass bottles from my inventory and focus on it very intensely. Explain what happens as it's happening to somebody who knows occult, and get them to offer advise on what I should do.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
[3]
You focus in very intently on the bottles and the voices become clearer. They are speaking, seemingly, about the origin of the bottle. They say where it was made, the factory it was made in, the name of the men who worked on it, the company that delivered it, how long it sat waiting to be bought, and then finally its path from there to you, and with you till here.

You don't have something like that now...about the best you could do is stack them near the door to the cargo hold so you could manually shove them out. But even then they're necessarily strapped into the floor and ceiling so you'd have to sever those ties before shoving them out. Though there's no reason you couldn't make or buy something to do this for you.

Anything for sale around here that could do this? How much scrap/parts to do it ourselves?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

A simple hydraulic or pneumatic ram could do it, if well positioned...but getting them all out at once would be difficult. And it still wouldn't solve the fact that theyr'e connected to the ceiling and floor. Thinking laterally, the best option might be to strap the to the outside of the bore and then, if need be, sever the straps. But there's a rather obvious downside to that, what with the fact that it could result in the boxes being smashed open during drilling.

"Hopefully safe, but only slightly less stressed."

Time for our wild ride.
I need to know the exact path. Makes a difference.

"Curious. I'm stumped. I don't know what to do. This one seems to be different than the others. It seems to not view us as a threat, yet, for one, nor as prey. It handled that book with care and returned it to us. Yet, we have not been able to communicate with it. I feel like this encounter might be more important than I first expected."

Approach the showroom. Sitin front of the boundary and toss a single Fathom to the creature. Wave at the creature and say hello. Stretch my hand out into the hallway, palm up.

Standard Nyw action, stay close to Ashul, just a little back from the creature, ready to intervene if it attacks him.  Though, only respond if it sustains the attack; if it just chops his hand off and throws it back at him in an instant, but then returns to staying still, don't push things.

((I checked back, and I had misunderstood the situation a bit.  There's other exits to the room, one of which looks lived in.  We don't need to get past this guy to continue the path we were taking... though I'd still bet that whatever's behind him is important.))

The creature catches the fathom and returns it with a toss. Not a hard one but not as carefully as the book.  Waving and saying hello elicits no response. You stretch your hand out into the hallway and the creature suddenly seems confused. It swoops in and grabs your hand, its blunt nose sniffing rapidly. After a few moments it releases your hand, chitters a bit to itself in an almost rodent like fashion, and then turns tail and sprints away, quickly vanishing.

Please... Do not throw the books. They have value beyond their material worth.

This new room I moved into. What's it look like? anything interesting? Can I see more of our "friend" from here?

Drett.
This room is near the top of the pit, and only one layer deep into the wall. Its a bathroom, and by that I don't mean a room with a toilet, I mean it is like a room at a bathhouse. Wood floors, pools of warm water, the whole thing. The exit is literally just a missing wall that leads into the next room, which is open to the pit. That one is also lived in but is mostly empty. Just a single empty desk and a small waste paper basket.  You look for the shadowy figure but cannot spot it.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: February 26, 2019, 04:08:52 pm »

”Wow, time to put this to use”
Go to one of the boxes and use Voice in the Eyes on it.
(Can you tell me what skill it uses?)

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1688 on: February 26, 2019, 04:28:43 pm »

"We should come this way again some day. We're so close to Hearth! I'd love to see the archive there..."

I think it would be best if we took the same path we used to come here instead of digging. That is, we should move through the caverns like so.
That's because:
A. It gives us more space to notice and react to stuff.
B. If something bad happens, we aren't trapped in a dead end tunnel but in a place that's more likely to have helpful people or at least an escape route.
C. This is an explored and frequently used cavern, so we are less likely to encounter something unexpected.
D. I may finally get the chance to look into that door!

Try to spend my free time in the cockpit, keeping an eye out for trouble/intriguing wildlife/interesting stuff.

Command ER to sell her body for money and bring the money to me do weird sexy moth stuff with me pop one of the boxes open and stick her head in it get to work designing a big gun for the bore.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 12:53:42 am by Parisbre56 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1689 on: February 26, 2019, 07:30:23 pm »

"I've had more than a fair share of excitement these days."

Path as paris says above.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: February 27, 2019, 08:54:49 am »

AsHul turns his head toward Nyw, camera eyes whirring, neck clicking.

"It seemed to concentrate on Alex and myself while we were in this room, but otherwise it seemed not to interact at all with us within thie lived in rooms. once we enter the facade rooms, it responds. It showed respect toward the book, relative indifference to the coin, and curiosity and concern regrading myself. Well, they probably know we are here now. I wonder if it would be better to wait here and see if the fellow returns with others or if we should just continue on our way."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: February 27, 2019, 11:26:38 pm »

"I think it would be best if we leave and continue on our way.  The other guardians have largely been hostile, this one is likely no different, even if it is more passive.  I do feel that we should respect the creature's clear wishes, and stay out of the room it was guarding; if it returns to find us within the protected area, it may decide violence is the only option.  We have seen quite enough violence today, in my opinion."

Gather the books back up, except for one small one which Nyw will set down a foot past the door's threshold, and if the rest of the party agrees, leave the previously-protected door alone and continue traveling through the lived-in area.

"Though, perhaps we could leave a note, positioned carefully so that if we return it will be clear whether it was read?  Does anyone have a writing utensil?  Or paper which is of less value than these books?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG...
« Reply #1692 on: February 28, 2019, 12:31:34 am »

Uh, try to find someone to tell me what to do.

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: February 28, 2019, 04:19:07 am »

"I only have my poor copy of the Black Book. I have no writing utensils on me, however."

Gather my Fathom and continue to the next lived in room. If nothing of note happens there, keep going through the lived in rooms until we encounter another lizard guy, the big lizard coiled about a pillar, something moon themed, or something else significant.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: February 28, 2019, 10:35:14 pm »

Try to do something in the bore to help the crew. Is there anything I can do to be helpful as a fighter that has absolutely nothing to fight against?

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 231