Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 405049 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1455 on: December 21, 2018, 06:12:10 pm »

You sit down and read. A lot of the listed things are true relics and thus have no inherent special powers other than their ability to be deconstructed into powerful artifacts. Lots of pots with moving images, lots of statues that are somewhat animate, blood that flows upwards, paper that burns forever, that sort of stuff. Most are listed as just being "Secured" and have nothing about what is "inside" them.

Keep reading. Anything about those knives or whatever that the church used as a means of fast travel?

Any relics where the artifacts that stem from them are described?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: December 21, 2018, 08:54:46 pm »

"Well... perhaps we should move on...?"

Creep around the edges of the room to... someplace else? You know what just hang back with Ironteeth and the rest of the group while Diving happens.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 11:58:36 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1457 on: December 22, 2018, 11:13:06 am »

"We could just blow up the room and be done with it."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: December 22, 2018, 11:38:30 am »

"We could just blow up the room and be done with it."
"I have about 5 packets of TNT with me. Just saying, you know, in case we decide to blow this up. I'm not even a half-decent marksman, but I can totally help with that."

Hotfire90

« Reply #1459 on: December 22, 2018, 11:47:16 am »

"Same amount I'm carrying, if this is indeed one of the guardians, then we really should blow him up with some TNT, it's cheap, efficient and it won't get us into close combat in which some of us might get horribly injured."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1460 on: December 22, 2018, 02:25:09 pm »

"I agree, the church does appear more capable of handling certain issues and it does seem willing to help others. So we shouldn't shy away from asking for their help and accepting it when they offer it. However I also agree that its secretive tendencies and dogmatic nature are a bit worrisome. I'm not sure they can be trusted to always do what's good for everyone instead of what's good for their organization."

If all goes well and everyone hasn't died horribly outside, would the Ethral be willing to hire us to help reconnect them with Twin Falls? We'll be heading back that way to finish our delivery, so it probably wouldn't hurt to spend some extra time making a wider, more permanent path and laying some communication cables.

Would it be safe to reopen the old path, given that it will now intersect the messenger path? Aren't messenger paths supposed to attract monsters and Antediluvians who build their ruins there?

Do they know how the ruins are built? Would they be willing to offer anything for recording the process and bringing back tools or raw materials or whatever else they might be interested in?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 02:28:50 pm by Parisbre56 »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: December 22, 2018, 03:00:47 pm »

Find somewhere snuggly and just wait, guard the bore, cuddle random people.

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Showdown.
« Reply #1462 on: December 22, 2018, 07:47:44 pm »

Telazch x3 Jal x5 On myself to prevent Guardian's from entering my little Dive bubble. preferably keeping them far enough away to prevent their melee weapons from connecting. also, if it's within the scope of the Dive, keep out any hostile zombies
3 path, 8 reinforce, 2 final rolls.

Then, assuming the Dive works, pick up the prayer wheel maces and give the wheels a good spin.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: December 22, 2018, 09:40:01 pm »

"I agree.  Simply destroying the guardian with explosives would be the safest path.  Every creature within this place has been extremely dangerous, and extremely aggressive.  I doubt we can safely leave this one behind."

Nyw will just stand ready to attack, then.  Or to defend.  And, upon noticing Ashul diving, he will pull anyone nearby away from the volatile abomination, and prepare to decapitate it if it spontaneously demonates.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1464 on: December 23, 2018, 08:32:40 am »

Wait for AsHul to dive, then if nothing terrible happens, glue one TNT package to the guardian.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1465 on: December 23, 2018, 12:23:00 pm »

"Could you please stop touching me with your tongue? I think that's enough for now."

Wait?
Fair. I actually intended to end it last turn but ran out of time.

You sit down and read. A lot of the listed things are true relics and thus have no inherent special powers other than their ability to be deconstructed into powerful artifacts. Lots of pots with moving images, lots of statues that are somewhat animate, blood that flows upwards, paper that burns forever, that sort of stuff. Most are listed as just being "Secured" and have nothing about what is "inside" them.

Keep reading. Anything about those knives or whatever that the church used as a means of fast travel?

Any relics where the artifacts that stem from them are described?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
The knives are briefly touched on and referred to as "Talismans" that are linked to the transporting sphere and allow movement between any point and a single fixed point.

As per artifacts born of relics, there are a few listed, the most interesting being a set of stone blocks in the shape of buildings that allow structures to be moved and rebuilt in a mirror of the blocks.

"I agree, the church does appear more capable of handling certain issues and it does seem willing to help others. So we shouldn't shy away from asking for their help and accepting it when they offer it. However I also agree that its secretive tendencies and dogmatic nature are a bit worrisome. I'm not sure they can be trusted to always do what's good for everyone instead of what's good for their organization."

If all goes well and everyone hasn't died horribly outside, would the Ethral be willing to hire us to help reconnect them with Twin Falls? We'll be heading back that way to finish our delivery, so it probably wouldn't hurt to spend some extra time making a wider, more permanent path and laying some communication cables.

Would it be safe to reopen the old path, given that it will now intersect the messenger path? Aren't messenger paths supposed to attract monsters and Antediluvians who build their ruins there?

Do they know how the ruins are built? Would they be willing to offer anything for recording the process and bringing back tools or raw materials or whatever else they might be interested in?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
Would they? Maybe. But some rando librarian isn't the one to ask.

That is a thing. It is probably safe in the short term but in the long term its questionable. Mostly because while it will inevitably attract those things, it will also attract pilgrims. And Pilgrims mean money.

They'd probably be willing to offer money for records of the building of new catacombs.

Find somewhere snuggly and just wait, guard the bore, cuddle random people.

You cuddle the bore. One wall at a time.

The lava fall comes a few minutes later with a surprising amount of sound and force, enough to shake the city and rattle the bore, sending dust and stones falling from the ceiling of the cave. The woven light around the entrance to the city flares to a burning magnesium white and then dulls slightly to show the molten wall behind it. That molten stone seems to cool abnormally fast, leaking heat in streams of distorted air before hardening to a black wall of volcanic glass.

Telazch x3 Jal x5 On myself to prevent Guardian's from entering my little Dive bubble. preferably keeping them far enough away to prevent their melee weapons from connecting. also, if it's within the scope of the Dive, keep out any hostile zombies
3 path, 8 reinforce, 2 final rolls.

Then, assuming the Dive works, pick up the prayer wheel maces and give the wheels a good spin.

[-1 nerve (yeah, even with rerolls)] (If you could, let me know the exact command or desire for the dive. Just "Prevent guardian from entering a 10ft bubble" or something. )

You complete the dive and a shimmering bubble of light appears around you briefly before fading away. That done, you walk forward and grab  the prayer maces, sticking one under one arm and giving the other a spin. It spins quite well and with a low jingle noise but other than that nothing seems to happen.

Wait for AsHul to dive, then if nothing terrible happens, glue one TNT package to the guardian.
You stick a block of TNT to the corpse that Ashul just looted. 

At this point I'll point out there's an exit out of this room on the far side.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: December 23, 2018, 12:31:07 pm »

"Shall I take care of blowing up the corpse once we've all left through the exit? I'll add an extra pack of TNT, just to be sure."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: December 23, 2018, 01:14:33 pm »

Did the lava not make contact with the city? Listen on the radio to get the condition of the city. Lastly, ponder the logistics of obtaining some of that obsidian.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Hotfire90

« Reply #1468 on: December 23, 2018, 01:16:08 pm »

"Sure, but there's no need to use more TNT here, one pack is more than enough."

Exit the room and continue onwards.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Showdown.
« Reply #1469 on: December 23, 2018, 04:44:20 pm »

"I doubt destroying this room will matter, if it does not contain a guardian. And from the looks of it, this room was associated with the giant bird and the temple. We know the bird was not one of the guardians, and we know that we only need defeat the guardians to access the Core and end the Vision. However, if no one feels this to be a potentially terrible mistake, I have no objections to destroying the room once we leave."

Regarding last Dive:
The bubble was to have a radius at least equal to the length of the largest guardian weapon we've encountered so far (I believe that would be the halfmoon blade. Also, the reinforcement of the Jal sphere would determine the maximum size, right? So, the exact specs of that Dive would have been "a volume that 5x Jal would cover reasonably, or the length of the half moon blade, whichever is smaller. Centered on my vital bits." If that is too ambiguous, then "'the length of the half moon blade in radius."

Whatever size happened is fine. Did the shield evaporate already, or was that simply the visible effect of the Dive taking effect?

Questions regarding nuking the moon bird funeral room.
Does AsHul feel that there is anything else that should be done here? Doeshe get any feeling that blowing this room up would be a Bad IdeaTM?
Does Clate, who already sensed Something FishyTM feel that blowing the place up would be Wrong?
Anyone else in the party get A Bad Feeling About ThisTM?

Action here.
If anyone's intuition or reasoning triggers alarms, veto the TNT plan. Otherwise, let them have their explosive fun, and leave through the exit.

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 231