Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 405018 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1485 on: December 29, 2018, 10:38:57 am »

@Radio Controlled: "Hey, Adam, the librarians said they would be willing to examine you and let you know more about the changes happening in your body. Would you be fine with that? Perhaps they'll be able to help you."

"I appreciate the offer, but at least right now I'd rather not be subjected to the overly enthusiastic poking of an Ethral. I think I'm getting a better grasp on what happened to me as well, so for now I think I'm good on that front.

As for the matter at hand though, this whole situation has cost us a lot of time. I hope our client won't mind the delay."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1486 on: December 29, 2018, 12:44:47 pm »

"Given how bad things could had been with the Messenger and all the chaos it will cause, I think he'd be quite pleased with our time. But maybe we should make sure to contact him to let him know we're all right, just in case."
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 12:57:11 pm by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: December 29, 2018, 12:57:29 pm »

"Be quick about it, Dead One. I do not like the group being divided in this place. I only hope that when we pass through hat door, we all arrive in the same place as the two who went ahead. Assuming they have not already been slaughtered by the next Guardian, that is. I would like to prevent that outcome, if possible, and the sooner we regroup, the better."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: December 29, 2018, 08:26:43 pm »

If possible, go collect some pieces of obsidian. I want to see if I can’t get a few large pieces into the Bore. I’ll be using the knife to help cut. Finally, if I feel heat radiating off the obsidian, or see a number of large cracks, I’ll abort.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: December 30, 2018, 04:07:26 pm »

"Aw. I never get to blow anything up."

No blowing up corpses today. Just regroup with the rest of the team and follow along for now.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1490 on: December 31, 2018, 11:12:12 am »

Definitely time to leave. Before AsHul! Damn the Christmas holidays making me late to post. Get my mothy butt out like I was out last turn.

Drett Medizin
You waddle on out with the others.

"Alright, let's leave this location unmolested after all. Save those explosives for a more worthy enemy than a room dedicated to honoring the dead. Not really sure WHY this is important, considering that damned building bird was eating those corpses outside, but this IS a dream world, after all. Logic is fluid in places like this, I guess."

Replace the prayer wheel maces and usher the rest of the team out. Make sure we take all our explosives with us, including the TNT someone put on that one corpse.

You take all your own material, leave the prayer maces, and continue on.

"This must be a trick, else we're cut off from the others."

Poke the engraved wall.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
You poke the wall. It seems just as solid as any other stone you've come up against.

"Does anyone have a bag, or some other container I can carry?  I wish to collect the remains of the little artisan's weapon; it was a masterwork, which does not deserve such an ignoble end.  If I cannot use a tapestry, I need an alternative."

Request some kind of container to hold powder in.  If something is provided, go back outside and collect the murakumo's powder.  Otherwise, go outside, and check if any of the corpses have clothes or containers in good enough shape to work as a container.  If so, use that; if not, chop off the top half of a corpse's head, empty out the skull like a bowl, and use that to carry the stuff.

If this actually works out, go back inside and cross through after the others.

At this point we can assume that someone gives you some cloth. Maybe Ashul gives you some of the robe he's probably not wearing since he's now a robot man. Either way, you go back, scrape up all the remains of the murokumo, and then head out with the others.

"Aw. I never get to blow anything up."

No blowing up corpses today. Just regroup with the rest of the team and follow along for now.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
Done and done.

Auft trills happily. "The secret was not causing trouble all along!"

Explore the happy safe hallway. Thug still goes first.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As soon as the last member of the party is past the strangely solid yet permeable stone wall, the engraving of the skeleton cracks and crumbles away, leaving nothing but a skeleton shaped hole in its place.

The hall beyond this one way wall is thin and candle lit, with small candle bearing alcoves along either side. It appears to be a good mile or so long and fades into nothing but a dim, twinkling horizon in the distance. As everyone stares down it they hear a sound, very distant. A groan and then twang followed by a whistle. A moment later an arrow made of silver and human bone with an odd, almost full moon shaped bladed head hisses by strikes the wall behind you all. It embeds itself there, vibrating with the force of the impact.

Could we dig out a new tunnel to replace the one that got flooded on our way back from goldshore, or do they want that tunnel dug out ASAP? And how much would they be willing to pay us for digging out a new passage? Would they prefer this tunnel to intersect the new path the Messenger made, or would they rather it stay clear of that?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
They'd want to wait a while to make sure the lava is all cooled so you could do it on the way back assuming you make it back in a few days.

Unknown unless you try to negotiate with them but probably 100-150 gold depending on dangers and quality of excavation.

Probably just remake the old path.

@Radio Controlled: "Hey, Adam, the librarians said they would be willing to examine you and let you know more about the changes happening in your body. Would you be fine with that? Perhaps they'll be able to help you."

To follow up Radio's questions, will they supply us with a spool of communication cable to lay while reopening the path or will that be taken care of later?

Would they be willing to have their diving experts take a look at Vikkan's missing hand in case there's something they can do to help? Or at least direct us to someone who could help?

Would they be willing to offer us some of their underworld-renowned bore weapons for free or at a discount in exchange for the help we offered? How about upgrades to the bore's system for better shooting? (Price given to get from level 6 to level 10 was 150-200 per level, which means 600-800 total.)

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
If you are the ones who are going to lay it, yes. If you don't volunteer for that they'll probably just assume you're digging the tunnel and thats it.

Maybe.

In lieu of other payments they'd be willing to trade upgrades to you.

"do we need infantry or anything anywhere? how can Aigre be useful?"

If there's nothing else, keep cuddling the bore and try to soothe its machine spirit.

CUDDLE

Danger has passed, can I go home now? I've been gone for some time now.

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)
I guess? Door is over there. Feel free to use it.

If possible, go collect some pieces of obsidian. I want to see if I can’t get a few large pieces into the Bore. I’ll be using the knife to help cut. Finally, if I feel heat radiating off the obsidian, or see a number of large cracks, I’ll abort.
We'll assume that with Vikkan and the bore's help you get several large pieces of still warm obsidian cut and placed in the bore's hold. And by large I mean maybe a half ton worth.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1491 on: January 01, 2019, 08:34:24 am »

@Everyone: "Do you have any preference on what we should ask for in exchange for our help?"

@Radio Controlled: "Oh, they also said they'd be willing to safely store that vial you found. So if you want to sell it, they'd be able to help with that. Or maybe they could just take a look at it without opening it. I searched for information about it but I couldn't find any."

EDIT: First of all, just to make sure I haven't misunderstood something, you're saying that if I dive and use En to remove someone's arm and then replace the missing arm with a prosthetic, that prosthetic would probably be dangerous? Even if it was something simple like a hook or wooden rod? I'm asking for a friend.

Sure, we'd be willing to lay the cable when we reopen the path. After all, it will give us the added benefit of not being completely cut off from civilization. And if they give us more than we need we can "forget" to return the extra and keep it for ourselves.

Do they offer anything more exotic than the standard weapons? Do they have a specialty, some sort of weapon they're the best at making? Spoilered below is the list of weapon types that was given previously.

Do the mechanical arms that can be installed on the bore essentially turn it into a mecha? Or are they more like cranes? I mean, are they strong enough to attack with giant swords? Are they sturdy enough to punch other bores or block attacks like a boxer? Are they nimble enough to lift sensitive cargo or allow the bore to hold and shoot giant guns? What about climbing or running on all fours?

« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 06:10:44 pm by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: January 01, 2019, 01:58:53 pm »

"A ballista. In a killing hall. Wonderful."

Start extinguishing candles on one side of the hall, working from the end forward. any time I hear the groan, stop. As soon as I hear the thwang, drop prone, tight against the wall, arms over my head.

Consider how many reinforcements of an action sphere it would take for a Dive to reach a mile away.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: January 01, 2019, 03:45:37 pm »

They'd want to wait a while to make sure the lava is all cooled so you could do it on the way back assuming you make it back in a few days.
In that case, it seems like we are ready to move on, right? If yes, to Chime we boldly stride!

@Radio Controlled: "Oh, they also said they'd be willing to safely store that vial you found. So if you want to sell it, they'd be able to help with that. Or maybe they could just take a look at it without opening it. I searched for information about it but I couldn't find any."

"Thank you for the search either way. You'll have to give me a tour of this library you visited the next time we're here with some more leisure time on our hands. For now, I think the vial should be safe where I stored it. I was thinking of buying a sturdy box for it as well just in case, once we get paid for finishing these jobs."

@Everyone: "Do you have any preference on what we should ask for in exchange for our help?"
"Getting a weapon for our bore sounds like it could be a good investment, if only to give any would-be pirates a good reason not to bother with us. Then again, just getting some money is fine as well, and much more flexible at any rate."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: January 01, 2019, 10:43:36 pm »

”I say we just take money. For one, Bore stuff is cheaper where we came from, so we could probably get more for what they’d give us. Second, some of us already have money, or will soon, so we could potentially pool it up to get something sexy.”

See how hard it would be to hire a surgeon in Knot.
Once back on the Bore, take a small piece of obsidian to the workshop, and work on making an obsidian knife blade. Obviously use my stone carver to do this.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 10:47:48 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Hotfire90

« Reply #1495 on: January 02, 2019, 11:20:55 am »

Stick next to the wall and head further down the hall.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1496 on: January 02, 2019, 10:53:18 pm »

Vikkan was overwhelmed by the Corven's attitude and ended up looking more confused than anything. "Well, uh. So even a clockwork limb will give me trouble? What kind of trouble?"

"And are we good to move on?"

Player is vacationing. We'll move on if we're finally good to go, and take any on-the-way jobs Kara has found and approved, probably.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: January 04, 2019, 09:25:10 am »

Sorry for not posting here for a while, I was sick and also busy due to christmas and new year. I forgot what we were doing here and while I think Kalagony is on the bore, I have no idea where everyone else is and what are they doing. Could I have a quick recap of recent events, please?

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1498 on: January 04, 2019, 03:24:34 pm »

SO this fucking tablet just randomly close this tab while I was typing the turn. It also won't let me get on fucking google docs. So here is a nice angry fucking recreation of a hour and a half of my lost fucking life.

EDIT: First of all, just to make sure I haven't misunderstood something, you're saying that if I dive and use En to remove someone's arm and then replace the missing arm with a prosthetic, that prosthetic would probably be dangerous? Even if it was something simple like a hook or wooden rod? I'm asking for a friend.

Sure, we'd be willing to lay the cable when we reopen the path. After all, it will give us the added benefit of not being completely cut off from civilization. And if they give us more than we need we can "forget" to return the extra and keep it for ourselves.

Do they offer anything more exotic than the standard weapons? Do they have a specialty, some sort of weapon they're the best at making? Spoilered below is the list of weapon types that was given previously.

Do the mechanical arms that can be installed on the bore essentially turn it into a mecha? Or are they more like cranes? I mean, are they strong enough to attack with giant swords? Are they sturdy enough to punch other bores or block attacks like a boxer? Are they nimble enough to lift sensitive cargo or allow the bore to hold and shoot giant guns? What about climbing or running on all fours?

1. No thats only sacrifices.
2. Ok
3. Think more Outlaw star.

In that case, it seems like we are ready to move on, right? If yes, to Chime we boldly stride!

"Thank you for the search either way. You'll have to give me a tour of this library you visited the next time we're here with some more leisure time on our hands. For now, I think the vial should be safe where I stored it. I was thinking of buying a sturdy box for it as well just in case, once we get paid for finishing these jobs."

"Getting a weapon for our bore sounds like it could be a good investment, if only to give any would-be pirates a good reason not to bother with us. Then again, just getting some money is fine as well, and much more flexible at any rate."

ok

”I say we just take money. For one, Bore stuff is cheaper where we came from, so we could probably get more for what they’d give us. Second, some of us already have money, or will soon, so we could potentially pool it up to get something sexy.”

See how hard it would be to hire a surgeon in Knot.
Once back on the Bore, take a small piece of obsidian to the workshop, and work on making an obsidian knife blade. Obviously use my stone carver to do this.

Not hard, maybe expensive.

The knife comes out alright. [cut, stab 3. Fragile]

Sorry for not posting here for a while, I was sick and also busy due to christmas and new year. I forgot what we were doing here and while I think Kalagony is on the bore, I have no idea where everyone else is and what are they doing. Could I have a quick recap of recent events, please?

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The bore is now moving to Chime. Radio put magic into his face, and then everyone spent several turns preventing a city from being flooded with lava.

You get to chime no probs. Thanks dice.

Chime is a big fucking mining city in a cave. There are tons of little tunnels and shit off in all directions but the actual city itself is wall far back against the east most wall. That wall is a big ass structure. Looks like a wall, not like a building or nothing, but its clearly old as hell and has a sort of aestetic that isn't like anything in the current races. The city is set up kind of like a bullseye with the rich in the center and increasingly poor on the way out.  Giant super ostentatious pointy towers, all pretty and brightly colored and borderline satire levels of pomp. Then smaller towers, then normal fairly squat buildings, then big old tin shack garbage slums on the outside, with mining stations and shit all spread out across the stone plain between the entrance and the city. Also there's no natural light in this cave so its dark as every loving fuck. Basically you can see the city, the scattered lights of the mining stations and a few tunnels, and the path to the city which is lit with like runway lights.

"A ballista. In a killing hall. Wonderful."

Start extinguishing candles on one side of the hall, working from the end forward. any time I hear the groan, stop. As soon as I hear the thwang, drop prone, tight against the wall, arms over my head.

Consider how many reinforcements of an action sphere it would take for a Dive to reach a mile away.

I'm gonna hold off on the action because...well you're basically alone here and I'd like to have more than one lone iron man acting. However, in response to your question, A dive  here would need like...3. Its a while away but straight and you technically have him in sight.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: January 04, 2019, 03:34:54 pm »

"I could try to summon the creature to arm's reach. It might have a harder time shooting us, though there is no guarantee the creature is not proficient at close range as well. I could also attempt to lock it in place or freeze it from moving, but that will require a battle of wills."
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 231