Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 405233 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Tick Tock.
« Reply #1290 on: November 08, 2018, 01:13:15 pm »

Let MechaAshul do his thing. Be ready to dodge should the big bad beetle guardian come for my ass.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: November 08, 2018, 02:02:24 pm »

Why are we shooting guardians?

If Guardian is threat to cuddle puddle, go out and fight. Pew it with the shotgun.

If not, cuddle everyone, but keep them safe and warm and loved.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 02:05:00 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: November 08, 2018, 02:08:14 pm »

If Guardian is threat to cuddle puddle, go out and fight. Pew it with the shotgun.

Wrong mission, friend. You've got a God Letter.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1293 on: November 08, 2018, 02:32:37 pm »

Communicate with my invader. Attempt to discern it's goal and if some kind of non-violent resolution is possible. Meanwhile consider AsHul's options regarding more aggressive resistance as in the spoiler:

[15]
You are aware of your existence, which is a positive considering this thing is running around in your neurons and nervous system like worms through a burrow. However attempting to communicate with this creature seems a disastrous idea. The inhuman thinkers of the outer planes are not friendly and are often completely incomprehensible. You're pretty sure that the thing in you now is one of the machine beasts; they are obsessive, violent, and will change by force anything which does not fall into their guidelines. They are the maintainers of the planet spanning mechanisms of their particular sphere and everything runs like clockwork because of their influence.

You consider that you have one option; either force this thing out or somehow interfere with its control enough to let your companions restrain you.

DO THIS THING I DIDN'T END UP DOING LAST TURN

Should probably get an action in then!

Stay the FUCK away from both the guardian and the new demonspawn thing. I'm a doktor, not a fighter. Let them do their thing. Maybe fire off a retreating shot as time flows backwards.

Character Sheet
oops. Lets see...
[9]
Well fug. We'll say you shot him as time reversed. Not a good enough hit to straight out kill him, but you definitely injured him. One or two more like that and he'll go down.

"I'm alright, just don't make a habit out of it."

Observe Cyber-AsHul and how he's wielding the moon blade.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Auft makes cute little sad trilling sounds.

"Sorry Alex, almost had him."

Treat Alex's arm while Machine Beetle deals with the locust. Have thug screen us.

Alex seems entirely concentrated on the angry radiator that used to be Ashul so Auft gets her thug to physically drag him over so she can provide first aid for the bullet wound. A wound Alex seems to be ignoring despite the rather messy chuck of missing bicep. [12] Auft works rapidly, applying a few sutures and then tightly bandaging the wound. It stops the bleeding at least.

[5] Alex stares at the Ashul thing and notices that when he throws out those blades of light, he's not doing anything different physically from a normal swing. He must be doing something extra-physically. Thinking about something maybe?

Let MechaAshul do his thing. Be ready to dodge should the big bad beetle guardian come for my ass.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
You do basically nothing, But I do know that you're here, at least.

The guardian, now bleeding from a hole in the the carapace of its chest, drops from the falling tree and springs at the Mech-Ashul. Ashul throws another blade of light, which goes wide and slices through several pillars on the side of the courtyard, partially collapsing the second story roof. The two clash, their blades clanging off each other. The guardian's blow is far harder and heavier but Mech-ashul manages to sweep it aside and into the flagstones. The falling tree slams into the side of the courtyard as time speeds up and crushes in half the building over there.

Time slows to a stop, getting ready to rush backwards again.

"That thing... I'm almost certain it's dangerous. Are you sure about this, Human? What if something goes wrong?"

"Am I certain that it is without danger? No, I cannot in good conscience say there is no risk whatsoever involved when interacting with what appears to be an echo from creation. But based on what I know of this entity I think the risk is acceptable, and I am willing to take said risk on myself to figure out what it is doing here. Of course I wouldn't want to expose anyone else to any avoidable danger, so if you can help us find a way for me to get closer while keeping the bore away that'd help a lot."

"You can always use the winch if you're certain you want to reach out. 300 feet of rope should be enough."
"Yeah, good point, but that leaves open the question of how to get close enough to that thing, preferably without swinging across half the cave? I'm a mystic not an acrobat!"

Could we fashion a simple ladder that could reach up to the 'core' of the word with what we have on hand on the bore right now?

For the piton swinging idea, I take it that would involved a dex roll not to comically smack into a wall somewhere? Would attaching the piton to the ceiling close to the thing, then having the bore back away so I can lower myself to the vicinity of the symbol be an option?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Possible to create a ladder. A rope ladder strung up from the ceiling would be easiest, but some scrap metal and welding could get a standing ladder.

Swinging wouldn't need a roll, since you're just kind of letting yourself swing back and forth and the side walls of the tunnel are plenty far away for this. Going from the ceiling to the floor would be an option, yes.

"I'm not enlightened enough to risk interacting with it." Vikkan commented.

And how are they connected to the messengers? Do they protect the Words or something else?
If you remember correctly, they are found along the paths of messengers. Though...messengers are transitory energy beings which carve molten pathways as they move so...if this thing is heralding the coming of a Messenger then...that would be very bad to be standing next to if the thing decides to show up.

Do I know what messengers are and what they do? Are they dangerous to be near? Would I spot or sense one if it was nearby or coming this way?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

[18]
You're not entirely sure, but they're beings supposedly created by GOD for a purpose. You know the central burnt core of a tomb is called a Messenger Path, so they might have to do with that.

Silly bi-locating cuddle beast.  Back to your own universe.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: November 08, 2018, 03:01:06 pm »

"Well then, do any of you have some spare metal we could fashion into a ladder? Or at least enough to build a rope ladder?

If not, it seems to me that attaching the rope to the ceiling and letting the bore back off before I lower myself and interact with it would be the best option here."

If nobody has any materials to build a (rope) ladder with, then use the rope we have on the bore and tie one end of it to myself into a makeshift harness, like we did back at the crystal ruins. Hopefully someone else will then help to attach the piton to the ceiling.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: November 08, 2018, 03:32:53 pm »

"...I really feel we should move the bore away. How do we know that... that thing... won't affect those inside the bore?"

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: November 08, 2018, 03:35:59 pm »

Help Adam Blavatsky with whatever they are doing. Volunteer to be ultra dexterous climber if need be.

If successful, give them a big hug.

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1297 on: November 08, 2018, 03:58:21 pm »

Continue to ignore my wound and resume shooting the guardian.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: November 08, 2018, 05:01:37 pm »

"Looks like you're... ALL OUT OF TIME!" Auft quips as she levels her rifle at the locust.

Give a one-liner and shoot the guardian as time reverses.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Showdown.
« Reply #1299 on: November 08, 2018, 05:05:50 pm »

-cough, cough-

Nerve it up. rage against the Machine. Sacrifice a point of strength and a point of Dex to shove this guy outta muh brains.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 09:22:31 pm by Ozarck »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1300 on: November 08, 2018, 06:38:27 pm »

"If it's heralding the coming of a Messenger wouldn't it be dangerous to stay close to it?"

Move further away.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1301 on: November 08, 2018, 09:30:41 pm »

"If we can't stay here then maybe we should dig around this thing? While it would be interesting to see the creation of a path, I'm not certain how friendly it and the things following it will be. So unless Adam wants to go ahead and touch that thing, perhaps we should start working on that?"

Try to use the radio to warn anyone nearby of the danger.
Also see if there is anyone nearby that could help or offer advice on what to do.

EDIT: Also, we already have 300 feet of rope with a harness attached on the bore, Adam does not need to make one.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 01:17:00 pm by Parisbre56 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: November 09, 2018, 06:18:06 am »

"...I do believe it would be prudent to continue onwards, immediately.  Ashul seems fully capable of handling himself, and possibly us, as well."

Where is the exit to this place?   Point it out to the others, and urge them towards it.  Don't leave yet, though.  Stay near the group, and grab anyone who ends up injured, carrying them to the exit, or defend people from the guardian/Ashul if either attacks anyone who isn't the other.

Aside from that, just stay out of the two monsters' ways.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: November 09, 2018, 10:55:17 am »

”ah, I don’t have anything for a ladder. If you find any, you can borrow my knife to cut it.”
flip through my occult book. Does it have anything on this? Tell them what I find.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: November 09, 2018, 01:25:57 pm »

"...I do believe it would be prudent to continue onwards, immediately.  Ashul seems fully capable of handling himself, and possibly us, as well."

As much as I would like to, intuition tells me that there may be consequences for leaving the guardians alive.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 231