Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 405207 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Tick Tock.
« Reply #1306 on: November 10, 2018, 06:46:49 pm »

"Well yeah, that was the idea, prepare the rope then pull the bore back a good distance before I move on and, erm, 'talk' to it. That said, if all of you are feeling uncomfortable about this, I don’t want to force you into it. We can still just back away and drill around."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1307 on: November 10, 2018, 07:05:42 pm »

"I have no problem with it, as long as you do it quickly. It will certainly be interesting to watch. But I don't want to stay here more than necessary. Something's wrong about this place."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: November 10, 2018, 08:28:53 pm »

"I agree with that. There's just something wrong in the air. This feeling of... Impending doom."

"A Messenger you say? All I know about Messengers is that they are incredibly powerful, and that I don't want to be in the way of one of those monsters. It wouldn't even be an unfair fight, it would be assisted suicide."

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1309 on: November 11, 2018, 12:13:52 pm »

"Well then, do any of you have some spare metal we could fashion into a ladder? Or at least enough to build a rope ladder?

If not, it seems to me that attaching the rope to the ceiling and letting the bore back off before I lower myself and interact with it would be the best option here."

If nobody has any materials to build a (rope) ladder with, then use the rope we have on the bore and tie one end of it to myself into a makeshift harness, like we did back at the crystal ruins. Hopefully someone else will then help to attach the piton to the ceiling.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
I'll assume you reuse the rope and harness from the crystal cave adventures.

Help Adam Blavatsky with whatever they are doing. Volunteer to be ultra dexterous climber if need be.

If successful, give them a big hug.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Aigre has woken from its slumber to attempt something dumb! I'm putting this at disadvantage.
[12,18]
You get out of the bore and walk over to the nearest wall. You climb up, making it all the way up the wall and then onto the ceiling before you start climbing over to the right position. You make it all the way there too, only to remember once you reach it that you don't have any pitons or a hammer on you. All you have is a shotgun.

"If it's heralding the coming of a Messenger wouldn't it be dangerous to stay close to it?"

Move further away.
You carefully reverse the bore another couple hundred feet, much to Adam's distaste and annoyance. He yells something about "Injecting it into ourselves!" and looks rather manic.

"If we can't stay here then maybe we should dig around this thing? While it would be interesting to see the creation of a path, I'm not certain how friendly it and the things following it will be. So unless Adam wants to go ahead and touch that thing, perhaps we should start working on that?"

Try to use the radio to warn anyone nearby of the danger.
Also see if there is anyone nearby that could help or offer advice on what to do.

EDIT: Also, we already have 300 feet of rope with a harness attached on the bore, Adam does not need to make one.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
How do you want to word it? Do you want to honestly say what the danger here is, or just vague danger? Or a lie? Might effect how people react to the announcement after all.

Right now there's no one in sight, at least.

”ah, I don’t have anything for a ladder. If you find any, you can borrow my knife to cut it.”
flip through my occult book. Does it have anything on this? Tell them what I find.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

Hmm. All it says here is "Touch it, get powers, much good."

You don't remember writing this...Maybe you were drunk? You check the next page and its a letter to an ex-girlfriend. Yep, drunk.

Continue to ignore my wound and resume shooting the guardian.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
"Looks like you're... ALL OUT OF TIME!" Auft quips as she levels her rifle at the locust.

Give a one-liner and shoot the guardian as time reverses.

[4][16]
Alex and Auft both take shots as soon as time start to roll backwards. Auft misses by a good 10 feet, but Alex's shot lands, blowing a chunk out of the creature's left leg. Despite the rain of carapace and Ichor, it seems unperturbed.

"...I do believe it would be prudent to continue onwards, immediately.  Ashul seems fully capable of handling himself, and possibly us, as well."

Where is the exit to this place?   Point it out to the others, and urge them towards it.  Don't leave yet, though.  Stay near the group, and grab anyone who ends up injured, carrying them to the exit, or defend people from the guardian/Ashul if either attacks anyone who isn't the other.

Aside from that, just stay out of the two monsters' ways.

The exit is directly on the other side of the courtyard and appears open and unguarded. You point that out to everyone via repeated shouts and forceful gesticulating. You don't swear but you really feel like it.

-cough, cough-

Nerve it up. rage against the Machine. Sacrifice a point of strength and a point of Dex to shove this guy outta muh brains.

[2]

The guardian backflips away, but doesn't return to the tree, instead coiling itself up for another pounce on Ashul. Mechashul moves to counter it and then stops. After a moment he straightens up and looks at his hands.

"Hey guys, How did I get robot arms?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1310 on: November 11, 2018, 03:33:53 pm »

If Radio objects, I'll edit this action.

Well, whoever I contact probably won't be quick enough to make it here before Adam dives into the thing, so I might as well be truthful. Say we encountered a floating symbol that our faithful Adam identified as a Word of God. That he is currently in the process of trying to absorb it. And that we think it might herald the coming of a messenger or other dangerous entity.

Be aware that we have an Amplifier for that HAM radio Ashul bought. Dunno if there are any comm cables we could jack into here to further increase our range. This sounds like a thing Empyrean would like to know about. And hopefully offer advice about.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: November 11, 2018, 04:29:36 pm »

*sigh* and here I was hoping we could get to the touchy-feely-horrory parts this turn.

Ok, this might be a bit much, but it's to get some tempo back into things. Stop me if anyone throws up a veto or if if one of these steps don't work/go wrong.

1) Ask Vikkan to pilot the bore back for a moment.
2) Have aigresaur climb back down, grab the tools he needs, and get back to attach the piton and the rope (hoping that the fact he already managed it once means he won't need to pass another roll). Make sure our cuddly lizardfriend gets back into the bore at the end.
3) Have Adam get into the harness (maybe one of our techies can doublecheck it and make sure it's attached properly?), get out of the bore, then wait until said bore it piloted to a safe distance. DO NOT CONTINUE until the bore has moved away a ton so that (hopefully) they won't get caught in any blast radius.
4) Ingest a worm's blood, then carefully touch the center of the symbol with the side of the black flame (aka don't 'cut' the symbol with the flame, just touch it) to identify myself as a friend/faithful.
5) If somehow not dead yet, touch the center of the symbol myself.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 05:06:00 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: November 12, 2018, 12:54:00 pm »

Fuck, perfect time for Ashul to cut back in.

SHOOT THE GUARDIAN DURING REWIND. AGAIN. Maybe move towards the exit if he's distracted enough. Maybe.

Character sheet

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: November 12, 2018, 12:56:21 pm »

"Eep"

Attempt to shoot the guardian in its dumb face while time is still rewinding. Stick close to Nyw.

[/spoiler]

Hotfire90

« Reply #1314 on: November 12, 2018, 03:38:18 pm »

Shoot the guardian some more.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Showdown.
« Reply #1315 on: November 12, 2018, 06:30:41 pm »

block the enemy attacks using mr halfmoon blade, which has been graciously lent to AsHul during his absence. How's the mechabody respond to AsHul's control? is iton par with his original, better, worse?

Fuck, perfect time for Ashul to cut back in.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1316 on: November 12, 2018, 09:00:32 pm »

"What is your idea? Do you think interaction with the Word of GOD is a good idea?"

Move close enough for MauriceAdam to try his suicidal move. Then move away again.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 06:44:55 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: November 12, 2018, 09:23:35 pm »

"Glad to see you're back. I love your new look!"

Shoot the locust again.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1318 on: November 12, 2018, 09:31:30 pm »

"What is your idea? Do you think interaction with the Word of GOD is a good idea?"
”Well, he’s part of the church or something, right? Seems like the best candidate for touching a god scribble. Also, I don’t think the effects of it’d be too bad, though I haven’t learned a lot about this type of entity.”
Spoiler: charsheet (click to show/hide)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: November 13, 2018, 12:13:03 am »

"I don't think poking that thing is a good idea, no matter if you are part of a church or not. And if it decides to go berserk, he won't be the only one in trouble here."
Follow pirate mustache for now.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 231