Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404310 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #495 on: August 02, 2018, 12:15:10 am »

Waste time while continuing to be absolutely useless.

Spoiler: Lokam Pilgrim (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 02, 2018, 01:29:56 am »

Knowledge check. I want to know more about the spheres, more specifically their physical makeup. If describing them all would be too much, start with Es.

Spoiler: Wiellste... (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Crystal weapons, Snake charmers, and Bloody Noses.
« Reply #497 on: August 02, 2018, 04:53:45 am »

Attempt to use knowledge checks on heavy black cube and gemcutting knife as Clate uses one on the other.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 02, 2018, 09:20:44 am »

Like some sort of lizard gremlin, the abomination rushes past Nyw's legs and sweeps up a armful of stone snake bits.

Spoiler: Moku Youkou (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 02, 2018, 10:00:07 am »

"Oh well." Vikkan shrugged, stood up on shaky legs and decided to join them since he probably wasn't that likely to die of bloodloss before they were done.

Search for something fairly safe to loot, like another crystal construct, and join in the looting. Might as well.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 02, 2018, 01:26:20 pm »

Just follow the group and possibly loot if there's anything worth taking that isn't absurdly heavy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #501 on: August 03, 2018, 11:21:51 am »

"Upon reflection, it appears that trying to shield all of our collars from radiowaves to prevent a signal from detonating them would prove to be rather cumbersome. So, if we want to disable our collars, we'd have to do something else, such as converting the explosives into neutral matter. And we'd have to do it one by one as well. This certainly rather complicates things."

Consider how difficult it would be to use a dive to convert the explosives in a collar into a non-dangerous substance (aka how many times the material and action spheres would need to be reinforced minimally).

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
[4]
Hmm...Well the material sphere could probably be just a 1, but the action sphere would need to have few pumped into it or you might accidentally do too much or too little. Need some precision here. No good turning the bomb to inert material if you also do the same with the person's spinal cord.

"How very frustrating. After all these Dives, I did not Dive deep enough. And I was that close. Well, I better rest up. I can't fight ten armed men alone in this condition, and it's a long walk back to mason, during which the Bore wold surely overtake me."

Return to the relative cool of the tunnel and rest. Consume one Worm's Blood.

You walk back into the cave and lay down against one of the relatively smooth cut walls. You produce a ceramic flask from somewhere in your clothing and take a sip. Considering how thick the stuff is, a sip is quite the effort. Its the Vikkers brand of the stuff, cut with sugar and some kind of flavoring that takes the acrid bite out of it a bit. [9] You feel the stuff slide down your throat in a lump and it immediately numbs everything in its path. Within a few minutes you are feeling warm, cozy, calm and safe. Everything has a sort of amber glow to it, the edges are all rounded and soft, and even the stone wall seems to give like a nice maggotwool cushion. [Restore Nerve to max]

"Right, follow me."

Head back to the room I came from.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
"Sure, I'm willing to help explore, as long as you don't try anything too dangerous."

Offer to help open barrels/doors with Crystal Friend but keep a safe distance after doing so.

EDIT: Hmmm... Have I heard of Gemstone people being able to fly or use flying vehicles? I mean, why would they have a balcony in a storage room? Did they perhaps load materials through it? Or did they simply enjoy the view?

Do the tablets mention the location of the "Obedience rod" or even what it looks like? An artifact like that might be useful for fighting against our abductors and potential birb tail grabbers.

EDIT2: Oh, and make sure Vikkan stays away from anything dangerous. Because we can't afford to lose our driver, not because I like him or anything.

Alex and THE SHEETLESS WONDER return to the scene of the crime. The crime of course being the cold blooded murder of a perfectly good shovel.  MS.PAPERWORKLESS boops the barrel with the crystal friend and again a seam appears near the end of the barrel, a lid effectively coming into existence. 

[12] Since I'm assuming your knowledge is a 1, you fail you dummy.

The tablets don't describe it but considering everything else in those barrels is described, its probably a rod in the barrels.

”Obsidian you say? Wonderful! I was hoping to find obsidian, I shall go with you, and let you use my knife! Should we split this one between us as well?”
"Excellent friend Harm, how kind of you to allow this. I would say that splitting it between us would be no problem. The cube is too heavy to carry even with two people, so there should be more than enough material for the both of us!"

Using Harm's gem cutting knife, start cutting up the obsidian block into chunks, for later use in crafting. Equally divide these chunks between the two of us.

If the obsidian block start behaving weirdly and otherwise emitting death, run to cover.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

”Obsidian you say? Wonderful! I was hoping to find obsidian, I shall go with you, and let you use my knife! Should we split this one between us as well?”
From now on assume, situation permitting, that I will lend the knife to anyone, unless I specifically say that I won’t.
Go with Clate and let him use my knife to cut the obsidian.
Should I record the semicircular crystal chunks as structural junk? If so, how many?

Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
You both head back to the room with the obsidian cube. Its not very big but considering the weight you might have to cut it into a heck of a lot of pieces. Clate takes the knife and, starting at the corner, presses the knife through the stone three times. Even the gem knife, which can cut crystal like warm wax, has trouble cutting through the black stone. Clate has to push on the blade with both hands and really put his weight into it for the blade to slowly sink into the stone. He cuts away a cube maybe a half inch on each side and attempts to pick it up. His fingers slip off the thing. He tries again, but his fingers slip off before the stone moves once again. Finally he works the blade of his shovel into the gap between the rest of the stone and the cut off bit and levers the stone forward enough to get his fingers under it and try to lift. It takes both hands and a considerable backwards lean; even then the suit is squealing with effort. The thing must weigh something in the hundreds of pounds, maybe 150 or 200. He sets it back on top of the larger cube and it lands with a ringing thud. No wonder they hadn't been able to move the thing. Assuming its uniform and solid it must weigh...1000 tons?!

"Willikers"

Waste time while continuing to be absolutely useless.

You seriously consider just flying over to join the group and leaving this bossy abomination to his own devices.

Knowledge check. I want to know more about the spheres, more specifically their physical makeup. If describing them all would be too much, start with Es.

From what you've heard, Es is an idyllic place ruled over by the arcane machinations of unseen forces. A endless archipelago, clustered islands in a great sea inhabited by a great many strange races. Enormous metal cables stretch down from overhead, securing the islands and sometimes attaching themselves to inhabitants to puppet them about. There is an unimaginably vast machine  for a sky and it stretches to the horizons, giving the impression that the entire world is like a mechanical diorama, all things in it controlled and maintained in some mock interpretation of reality.

Attempt to use knowledge checks on heavy black cube and gemcutting knife as Clate uses one on the other.

[12, 18]
Well...the knife is a knife. It cuts stone. These guys are made of stone so it could probably double as both tool and weapon, though the design of this one makes you think it was intended entirely as a tool. The stone block on the other hand is a mystery. Its absurdly heavy so it might be equally absurdly resistant, though making use of it would be difficult with your current abilities and technology. Certainly can't make it into armor unless you want a knight who does nothing but stand around and die under his own weight.

Just follow the group and possibly loot if there's anything worth taking that isn't absurdly heavy.
"Oh well." Vikkan shrugged, stood up on shaky legs and decided to join them since he probably wasn't that likely to die of bloodloss before they were done.

Search for something fairly safe to loot, like another crystal construct, and join in the looting. Might as well.
You both grab the crystal friend from Kara and use it to open doors until you find something outside a barrel and then return the little golem to her.

The room you open is a lot like the one you started in; clearly a personal room considering the bed and shelves and such, but there's a new object over in the corner; it looks like a trash can. Its square in shape, made of deep purple crystal, with walls about an inch thick and a hollow about the size of a human head; it could function as a very square, full head helmet if it had some eye holes in it. Instead it contained a shallow pool of foggy white...it looked like liquid, but cautious pokes and shakes of the square showed that it didn't seem to care about how its container moved: it always stayed at the bottom, churning slightly.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 03, 2018, 12:14:58 pm »

”Clate my good slug, I don’t believe this particular venture is worth it. I say we head back to the bore, the sooner to get these retched collars off”
Head back to the balcony and check that the exit path is still clear and safe. If so, then leave.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 12:18:48 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #503 on: August 03, 2018, 01:17:31 pm »

Read the instructions on how to use that "Obedience rod". Does it sound like something I would be good at, considering my skills? Or should I stick to shooting stuff?

I haven't really been keeping track, has it been looted already? It not, grab it. ((I'll try to search to see if it has when I have some time.)) Edit: Is it the labradorite rod Clate found?

Have I heard of Crystal People having rooms for a specific purpose, such as armoury, library or vehicle depot? Do I have any idea where any of those rooms could be?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 12:57:19 pm by Parisbre56 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #504 on: August 03, 2018, 02:04:59 pm »

Loot the barrel!

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 03, 2018, 04:35:02 pm »

"Do we have a plan yet? If we need to Dive I could help with that, if someone would lend me their shard. I'm not the best, but better than an exhausted diver."

Hmm. Hel next.

Recall the instructions for using the "obedience rod". What kinds of stone might it be able to alter? Maybe I could use it to reinforce that sword I made. If the sword is weak, maybe I could weave in thin strands of that heavy black stone. Might also be able to make the hilt easier to grip.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 04:53:15 pm by Egan_BW »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 03, 2018, 05:50:42 pm »

Try again:
Extend the reinforced bridge to reach the ruins.

path: 4 rolls
Reinforce balaram 4x reinforce Sige 1x: 5 rolls.
9 Nerve rolls, final Nerve roll, final Balaram Roll.

Should the Dive succeed, cross over the bridge to the ruins and meet with the group.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 03, 2018, 07:08:45 pm »

Observe. Follow the abomination if he's succesful.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 04, 2018, 10:20:06 am »

Hmm...Well the material sphere could probably be just a 1, but the action sphere would need to have few pumped into it or you might accidentally do too much or too little. Need some precision here. No good turning the bomb to inert material if you also do the same with the person's spinal cord.

That's already pretty useful, but for the action sphere I was hoping for a little more granularity than 'a few'. Are we talking a range from 2 to 4, more like around 6, or what?

Also, assuming we'd be trying to do these collar disabling dives, how many could a diver do in a single turn? Assuming the only thing he'd be doing is the same dive over and over again to disable collars.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 04, 2018, 12:00:58 pm »

”Clate my good slug, I don’t believe this particular venture is worth it. I say we head back to the bore, the sooner to get these retched collars off”

"I do believe you are correct, friend Harm. Who knows, perhaps this block is some kind of anchor, keeping this entire structute from tipping over into the magma. Let us not mess with it further.

Leave the obsidiant block alone. Faff about until it's time to leave. Stroll around picking up random bits of junk or something, never straying too far from the rest of the group.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 231