Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 154930 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star
« Reply #1245 on: August 27, 2020, 03:54:18 pm »

Wheee

Back through the portal!  Should be able to outfight any who successfully follow me through.  Plus it might add some adults to the ones recovered.

Since I'm aloft this time, it shouldn't be too hard.

(4) you fly back through the portal, half a dozen birds hot on your heel. This causes some chaos on the other side of the portal, what with the aerial battle and fire and such, but after a while the battle is resolved with the addition of three usable adult bird corpses.

Scan for interesting things relatively close by, preferably that which relates to our objective (check to see if the ship has a reminder of that stored somewhere also)
Your objective was to bring back something large and hot and bright to be used as the starting point for a new sun. (3) the scan shows pebbles scattered around the courtyard where you are. Big, violently purple pebbles.

Check if anything needs repaired.
Check if anything needs repaired.
Assist with checking, maybe my small size will let me notice things that the other of us missed
(6)(3) A number of the ship's spines are damaged. You eject them from the carapace, but there is a malfunction with teh autoreplace feature so you need to go manually reload spines. This means a spacewalk. You'll have to go outside to attach them. Spines were part of the cooling system, so the ship is starting to warm up pretty quickly. You'll need ot either repair or retreat to someplace much cooler pretty soon.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 28, 2020, 04:19:36 am »

Cash in the corpses and the live eggs and hatchlings.  Is that enough?

If so, go find something that I can breath plasma into until my lungs are clear of this ash, and go recover.  Eat, rest up, and have my pet fairies polish my scales.  Then time to work on the next step.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 01:55:40 am by Devastator »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 28, 2020, 01:39:03 pm »

Ohh, not good!
Check to see if the outside atmosphere is breathable. If not breathable, find and put on a space suit. Assist with the manual spine repairs if needed.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 28, 2020, 07:19:21 pm »

((Breathable may not be the biggest threat))
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 11:58:25 pm by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 28, 2020, 08:26:14 pm »

Cast magic on everyone on the ship to protect all of us from the heat, if this works, go out to try fixing the spines

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: September 02, 2020, 06:04:39 am »

Cash in the corpses and the live eggs and hatchlings.  Is that enough?

If so, go find something that I can breath plasma into until my lungs are clear of this ash, and go recover.  Eat, rest up, and have my pet fairies polish my scales.  Then time to work on the next step.
Ya, that'll do. I think. what were we doing with all these birds? Collecting phoenix feathers for your attempt at a constructed sun, right? anyway, you do clear your lungs well enough, so your health is normal. For a cyborg dragon with one leg, that is.

Ohh, not good!
Check to see if the outside atmosphere is breathable. If not breathable, find and put on a space suit. Assist with the manual spine repairs if needed.
Cast magic on everyone on the ship to protect all of us from the heat, if this works, go out to try fixing the spines
You definitely need spacesuits for this. it's ridiculously hot out there. like, sun-hot. naturegirl, isn't your magic plantbased? hmm. (6) You two go out and start the repairs, with naturegirl casting a spell to help with the cooling. (6) the spines are a pain to replace, but the process is simple enough. Once they are inserted, natturegirl's magic goes off, and instead of spines, you have enormous, highly reflective flowers. now, instead of a bugship, you have a giant, solar chiapet. The spines still stick out through the middle of the flowers, and each spine occasonally fires a brilliantly intense ray of superheated plasma into space.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: September 02, 2020, 08:10:18 am »

Ooh that’s cool.

Try to find a way to contain the superheated plasma in a ball-shape

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: September 02, 2020, 07:30:22 pm »

Ya, that'll do. I think. what were we doing with all these birds? Collecting phoenix feathers for your attempt at a constructed sun, right? anyway, you do clear your lungs well enough, so your health is normal. For a cyborg dragon with one leg, that is.

It was for the giant iron ball for my 'build a sun' project.  I think the idea was it'd be launched and then have the forces of some other plane channelled through it to turn it into a sun of sorts.  It would be some kind of enormous focus.  IIRC, it needed an iron ball, a lot of enchanting, fire-related stuff (hence the phoenixes), literal tons of diamonds, and a power source.  (souls?)

Here's the physical description of what's being built:

a ball of pure iron, etched in silver and studded with myriads of diamonds. Wrap the lot in gold wire, connecting pools of mercury and brass. Once created, infuse with whatever magical energies desired, place in orbit, and encapsulate the entire lot in as much pure water as possible."

It was also appealing to freddie for a couple of reasons on the side.. it sounds like the best shiny object ever, and he'd love to learn how to eat souls, or enchant metal.

Lets go see what the next stage is.  Enchanting?  Work on finding the next ingredient?  Work collecting souls?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 07:33:57 pm by Devastator »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: September 11, 2020, 07:50:04 pm »

game's about dead isn't it? I had hoped to squeeze this last mission out before it puttered out, but it looks like i didn't make it.

I had a blast GM-ing for you guys, though my updates got slower and slower for various reasons.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: September 11, 2020, 09:23:36 pm »

game's about dead isn't it? I had hoped to squeeze this last mission out before it puttered out, but it looks like i didn't make it.

I had a blast GM-ing for you guys, though my updates got slower and slower for various reasons.

Eh...I don’t think it puttering out was entirely your fault, if at all. Kinda seems like the players gradually lost interest...something like that. Well...it was much fun while it lasted. Thanks Ozarck.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: September 11, 2020, 10:02:47 pm »

Thank you for playing. The game got old, really. It happens. It was a pretty long lasting one, even not counting the update delays.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: September 11, 2020, 10:53:59 pm »

Aww, I did want to get the ultimate shiny.

Still, I understand.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: September 14, 2020, 11:41:20 am »

Eh...I don’t think it puttering out was entirely your fault, if at all. Kinda seems like the players gradually lost interest...something like that. Well...it was much fun while it lasted. Thanks Ozarck.
Yeah sorry man, I got caught up in life.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: September 14, 2020, 05:34:08 pm »

Thanks again you guys. no worries about life happening. it's to be expected, lol. This game went far longer than it had any right to anyway :D

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: September 14, 2020, 09:41:38 pm »

It was a fun game. I look forwards to seeing what you do next
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85