Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155354 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #600 on: October 27, 2018, 08:51:50 pm »

Carefully walk towards the target.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 27, 2018, 11:49:46 pm »

Cough a bit of fire into my mouth and swill it around.  It must be cold if I'm feeling it.  That said, continue bringing up the rear, but keep an eye out for any interruptions.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 02, 2018, 09:16:24 pm »

As you all approach the base camp, the bright colors resolve into tents and flags, marking boundaries around and within the camp. several beings approach to greet you, but before you and they close half the distance, a cry arises within the camp. Heads swivel around in confusion and growing alarm.

lemme see, who's got good perception? Ah I'll just roll it in general.
(6) Kongor, Clunkers, and uh ... Gwen, by virtue of being in the lead, in the lead, and up on top of one of the beasts, all see what appears to be a snowslide drifting down the mountain to the left of the camp. that is, it looks like the surface of the snow up there is all drifting down toward the valley below. It sdoesn't really seem particularly alarming at first, as it clearly seems like the snow will miss the camp, and there doesn't seem to be that much of it to begin with. Maybe they camp is afraid it will trigger anther slide closer by?  And then the snowslide appears to change direction rather sharply, now moving horizontally across the face of the hill toward the back end of the valley, behind the camp.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 03, 2018, 05:33:07 am »

Continue moving internal fires around, to try and keep warm, but if I hear or feel something, spread my wings to remain ready and retain my balance.  If some enemy appears, set it on fire.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 10:50:26 pm by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 03, 2018, 10:38:45 pm »

What can I see from my position? If the weird snow seems to be going towards our direction, try to block it with my iron body.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 03, 2018, 11:38:37 pm »

Bundle up tighter in cold winter clothing and draw sword, just to be safe, try to keep an eye out for any creatures.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 04, 2018, 07:46:27 am »

Thrips, craning his neck to see what's going on up ahead without success, decides to just pipe up and ask instead.
"What's going on?" he murmurs, to no-one in particular.

Stay near the carts and try to figure out what's up. If we've stopped, maybe stand near one of the critters for warmth.    
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 04, 2018, 09:21:51 am »

"Don't know, some storm or something."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 04, 2018, 09:51:26 pm »

Does it look like it's going to hit the camp after the directional change? If it's coming for us, try to grab onto something or root myself in place. If not, try and robutt compute wether this is a natural phenomenon or if magical fuckery is somehow involved.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 06, 2018, 08:38:45 pm »

If that snowslide comes to hit us, brace myself for impact. Make sure Gwyn doesn't get damaged by it either

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 10, 2018, 05:28:46 pm »

Looks like all actions are "wait and see, check out what that snow thing is, and try to stay warm, so I'm gonna do a basic blanket response again.

Yer all keeping, well, not warm exactly, but you are n't dying of frostbite yet. Those who feel it most are, in order, Kongor, Yoink, Freddie. After those three, the rest of you feel it based on size, so, again in order of worst to least effect: Gwyn, Vladen, Clunkers, Bruford. Freddie's firemouth is keeping the air he breathes warmer than the others, but his extremities are cool. Thank the Preparation Gods for knit booties.

Bruford's height doesn't let him see much more than anyone else, due to the 'snow' running along a mountainside which is already tilted for everyone to see, more or less.

The snow is not immediately approaching your position.

It is, however, heading around to the back end of the base camp. It's not aiming directly at it - that would require it to cross a steep valley - but it does look to be heading that way.

The snow appears guided in some way. You are all a little too far away to make out details, but you are beginning to suspect that it's not actually snow.

Lemme roll robutt computing for ya. (1) Static. Great. Cold must have shorted a circuit or something.

final piece of information: The Yaktings are unconcerned, but the whole base camp is astir, like they are preparing for battle or something.

You've spent one round at mostly a standstill. The snowthings have advantage for reaching the camp a turn ahead of you.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 10, 2018, 05:44:07 pm »

Welp start marching out torwards the camp
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 10, 2018, 05:46:08 pm »

Back.

Does the body heat of the fluffy keep me warm(er)?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 10, 2018, 05:53:05 pm »

Walk slowly towards the camp. The last thing I want with my mobility is to accidentaly slip on ice or trip on a rock and crush everyone before we even truly start our mission.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 10, 2018, 07:29:37 pm »

Get a move on.  Move away from the group a bit and fly when they seem out of reach of the chaos.  If I get airborne, try to get to the camp swiftly and set the snow-things on fire.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 85