Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155357 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #465 on: September 18, 2018, 08:05:25 pm »

((Guys, I think Oz is trying to get the next mission organized and started. might want to finish up what you're doing.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 22, 2018, 08:38:24 am »

Not a lot of interest in the ol swamp thing eh? got a mission to the Really Cold Place as well. See Lenglon's action for 'details.'

I don't have to do the same thing as always, lets try something different this time.  Lets see if my wings are cooperating enough to let me fly.  If so, I should be able to get some kind of game on my own, or failing that, a stray gnome.  If not, I'll have to trudge down to the meat pit.
(1) you find no game in the tunnels. It"s not exactly a wilderness in here, after all. You sure you wanna start going after the gnomes? I'll roll for it.

?.?
A dirty blade is a dull blade. I don't want to be dull!
There's gotta be a napkin or a towel or something to clean myself with. Find it. Use it.
(1) Best you can find is your handler's shirt. He tenses up when you grab the hem and untuck it. His eyes dart down toward you mmentarily before he forces his attention back to the briefing.

"Another mission is available. We need a team to venture to the Corak Mountains and deliver some supplies. The upplies will need tended upon arrival as well - installed, planted, arranged, built, that kind of thing. It will be very cold."

"Well, I don't have much else to do...it's just stick around here in undeath or go out there and get to explore...I might just stay."
The ghoul thinks for a bit
Flip a coin, heads, Vlad goes
I flipped a coin on Google. It was tails. -shrug-

Oh crud, oh no, oh crud, will it actually attack me? Prepare to counterattack if it strikes
(6) Several of the little balls kinda launch into the air at you. you start punching in a panic, hairs all spread out with tiny little crackling sounds and such. The little balls explode on impact. You kill about eight of them. Your arms feel quite numb and your knuckles burn. You are breathing heavy, but you raise your arms and shout out a battle cry of victory.

Okay, try to find some minor jobs to do at Omega in the meanwhile to get some extra coins before the next mission.
-shrug- You can help Pan build a containment for the last mission's subject.

"Reply: Well then, if you'll excuse this one for second, it will go and ask the subject. If she doesn't give her consent, any further work on how to accomplish the transmutation is moot anyway."

Clunkers will seek out the subject, and tell her the following.

"Greeting: Hello. You may not recognize this one, but this one was one of the members on the mission to retrieve you after your powers went out of control. This one has now been given the responsiblity of overseeing the efforts to make sure your powers do not go out of control a second time.

Explenation: Currently, there are two camps as to how we can succeed in keeping your powers in check. The first camp advocates for putting you in a special room. The room would have both active and passive ways of resisting and dampening your powers, to make sure nobody in the base gets affected by them. This option entails the least amount of change to you, but will in essence leave you in solitary confinement until either a better solution is found, or you perish of natural causes.

The second camp advocates using a transmutation procedure on you. The idea is that your powers stem from flesh, so if we turn you into a being made of something other than flesh your powers will cease to work. This would leave you free of any kind of prison, but only if it is succesful.

Addendum: The transmutation option does carry a certain amount of danger with it, as all magics that bring such drastic change do. Some on the council would rather see you locked up for the rest of your life, because the last time this operation was tried it ended badly. The team that tried that was under-equipped, under pressure and had little time to prepare, things that are not the case here. However, this one cannot deny that the hesitation those council members have shown does have merit.

Query: What would your choice be? We cannot do the transmutation proces without your consent, so the choice is entirely yours.

Statement: If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Despite this one's appearance and manner, this one is not entirely without empathy. Take your time, this is a lot to process at once."

Lots of talking.
"Can you make me into an atomic construct? I think that's what they called them."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 22, 2018, 11:08:12 am »

I kinda wanted to see if I could take off, which would let me hunt outside of the tunnels.  If I can't do that, just go to the flesh pits or wherever the meat comes from.

That one looks like no flying, so just head to the killing area instead.

The really cold place sounds fun, as Freddie should do okay there, being, you know, internally heated.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 11:16:00 am by Devastator »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 22, 2018, 11:17:47 am »

inquire about the cold place delivery mission, try to also see who might know something about magic
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 09:18:24 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 22, 2018, 01:15:18 pm »

I kinda wanted to see if I could take off, which would let me hunt outside of the tunnels.  If I can't do that, just go to the flesh pits or wherever the meat comes from.

That one looks like no flying, so just head to the killing area instead.

The really cold place sounds fun, as Freddie should do okay there, being, you know, internally heated.
Oh, no, the 1 was for finding game. Sorry, I totally missed the flying bit. Lemme roll that up: (1) hah. okay. See, now you get airborne for a few moments before your wings go completely invisible and lose all lift. You land heavily and the canyon walls around you are painted in violently shaded, multicolored, scintillating, rapidly changing colors. So, yo uthink your wings could hold you airborne, if you can get this randomness under control.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 22, 2018, 01:25:26 pm »

Well, lets go get that meal first.  The wings suck, but they're not the only concerns.  I still have a metal limb, even if it's behaving itself for now, and a missing eye.  Maybe if I eat something that could fly, it would help with the wings, so do that.

Go find a meal, and then patrol the base hallways, trying to sniff out for anything interesting or tasty.  I don't have any clear way to actually improve my situation, so time to find some new stuff to eat, as despite it all, Freddie is just naturally happy and optimistic, and eating stuff is his only real way to interact with his body.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 02:11:12 pm by Devastator »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 23, 2018, 06:54:59 am »

not sure if my fur will compensate for the cold (I said that correctly right?) so better go find something that will...just in case

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 24, 2018, 06:19:12 pm »

Wait Quietly
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 24, 2018, 06:27:38 pm »

We did the thing over discord, so it would be over and I could join the mission whenever it actually starts. Here's the cliff's notes for whoever is interested.

Anyway
Just wait around to cool off a bit. Ready to go on a mission.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 24, 2018, 06:29:20 pm »

((You guys could vote on which mission.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 24, 2018, 07:01:01 pm »

((You guys could vote on which mission.))
((My character has no preference, up to and including not caring if she goes on any mission at all or not. As a player, I would prefer the swamp mission, but am fine with whatever.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 25, 2018, 06:18:42 am »

Go gather the funny gnome guys from before and help build the cell for the target from the last mission.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 25, 2018, 11:59:19 am »

Looks like a slightly higher interest level in the cold mission See spaz' action for 'details.'
Also, looks like we're back to our six main players again.

inquire about the cold place delivery mission, try to also see who might know something about magic
Basically, you'll be carting a bunch of base building supplies up into some high cold mountains, establishing a base camp, and setting up a few permanent structures - or at leaast helping with the set up. Hazards include all the typical high altitude mountainy bullshit: cold, chasms, ice, cold, wind, low oxygen levels, cold, probably some stray monsters, cold, your teammates, snow, and if I'm feeling up to it, intrigue and plot.

Well, lets go get that meal first.  The wings suck, but they're not the only concerns.  I still have a metal limb, even if it's behaving itself for now, and a missing eye.  Maybe if I eat something that could fly, it would help with the wings, so do that.

Go find a meal, and then patrol the base hallways, trying to sniff out for anything interesting or tasty.  I don't have any clear way to actually improve my situation, so time to find some new stuff to eat, as despite it all, Freddie is just naturally happy and optimistic, and eating stuff is his only real way to interact with his body.

(3) Freddie ends up in the cafeteria. Hey, the debriefing is happening here, so he sees all the relevant player characters. Meanwhile, he is fed a small potful of something presumably meat-based. It's filling, but not really satisfying. The kitchen staff seems curious about him, and a little incautious. There's an unusual amount of coo-ing and ahh-ing over Freddie.

not sure if my fur will compensate for the cold (I said that correctly right?) so better go find something that will...just in case
Generally, no, your fur will not protect you from cold, as Gorillas are a tropical mountain species. You'll need 5 coin for basic cold weather gear, but to be really protected on this mission, you'll need 10 coin. be a good idea to get spares for 5 coin (so 15 total) in case of damage to the originals.

Wait Quietly
You see a one-legged, translucent winged, cyborg dragon stump into the cafeteria and over to the food. He clangs about in the dishware, knocking over a few things, and is fed something - does your character have a sense of smell?

We did the thing over discord, so it would be over and I could join the mission whenever it actually starts. Here's the cliff's notes for whoever is interested.

Anyway
Just wait around to cool off a bit. Ready to go on a mission.
You might consider purchasing some antifreeze for ... hmm, 3 coin per charge. Charges deplete on damage mostly, rather than over time. Assu8ming you guys go on the cold mission. Swamp mission, well, we've already established Clunkers' relative immunity to submersion.

Go gather the funny gnome guys from before and help build the cell for the target from the last mission.
(2) you can't find the gnomes at all, but you do haul some materials. Mmm, say 3 coin for the effort.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 25, 2018, 12:04:35 pm »

Sell the materials to the gnomes like the clever merchant and skilled trader I am. Then haul more materials.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 25, 2018, 01:19:25 pm »

In human form she has a sense of smell, requires breathing, etc - all at normal human levels. In weapon form shes less vulnerable, but loses smell, taste, directional hearing, depth perception, color perception, temperature, and so on - the primary non-smell senses are there, but a lot of the complexity and bandwidth is lost.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 85