Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155445 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #375 on: August 17, 2018, 07:53:05 am »

No name has been given to this individual, race: living weapon. Appearance: little girl with tan skin and long brown hair.

"Uh..."
Torn between not embarassing my wielder and helping maintain accuracy of the question, I pause for a moment before mentioning:
"Um, the correct term is medium-caliber."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 17, 2018, 08:02:20 am »

Bruford, Iron Golem.

Wait no, I explicity said I went to meet the kid. I don't even know about the existence of Freddy yet.

Check on the kid.  I want coin!

Tric was the one who showed interest and didn't volunteer.

Well, my specialty us Wind. Wind Sphere for an explosive Wind Blast, and learning Wind Jump and Feather Fall.

Also note my interest in the job of watching a child..

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 17, 2018, 08:11:11 am »

More talking

"Well miss Sona, I was one of the people tasked with helping get you back here after you sought to escape. In fact the title of Eater of Sorrows comes from you."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 17, 2018, 09:47:21 am »

Kongor-awakened gorilla

So what’s the deale-o here? Someone fill me in

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 17, 2018, 11:31:46 am »

--Clunkers: clockwork golem--

"What do you know about the care and maintenance of high caliber projectile firearms and edged weaponry?"

"Sarcastic reply: This one believes you are supposed to keep the pointy end towards the enemy.

Statement: Which is to say, this one has very little experience. This one is more used to taking care of magical and occult apparatus."

Clunkers looks at the child, somewhat puzzled about this whole situation.

"Query: Are you the inventor of the weapon in question? This one does not see a weapon in need of maintenance in this room."

Reply. Also search my datastores for relevant info on the care and maintanance of high/medium caliber projectile firearms and edged weaponry. Perhaps I ran across something like that during my time in the magistar's library.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 17, 2018, 11:40:54 am »

"No?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 17, 2018, 11:51:58 am »

"Reply: This one is unclear then on how you relate to the weapon in question."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 17, 2018, 11:58:24 am »

I look at my wielder.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 17, 2018, 01:48:34 pm »

I forgot - Clay birdie

hhhh. There's not really anything I can do with that. I AM a humanoid, you know.
Go find someone normal to talk to.

Also, put a link to the character sheet thread in the OP, you silly.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:21:31 pm by Egan_BW »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 17, 2018, 02:14:24 pm »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 17, 2018, 04:53:26 pm »

The Doe known as Starker Schritt/Strong Stride:Humanoid Rat

Spoiler: Inv/Appearence (click to show/hide)

Black eyes blinking slowly, nose twitching as clawed hands wrap around the blade's hilt. Flickering and examining it, the sheen reflecting in their eyes, a satisfied look overcoming their face. A confidence as it is sheathed with a clicking sound, fitting just as it needed to. Mouth opening and deep for her kind, but squeaky for many other's, she speaks.

Iron earring's softly clinking.

"Spiegellicht, this is a title warthy of you. Ganuine thanks four much help.

Relaxed, wearing their new armor. Having a new weapon equipped, lightly grooming themselves, always self conscious like most of her race about cleanliness. Black eyes seeing for a moment if they were to respond, to the naming.

Starker has bestowed the title Spiegellicht or Mirror Light upon the armorer and thanks them! They sheath their new weapon in its sheath, equip their armor and wait to see if they respond.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 17, 2018, 05:05:59 pm »

Frederick - Crippled cyborg two-legged dragon.

Neither of them seems to be paying any attention to the food, right?  Eat it, then.  If it was theirs, they should have paid more attention to it.  After glomphing it, examine the other two to see what they are and if I'm going to be in trouble for that.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 18, 2018, 04:59:56 am »

I look at my wielder.
"Medium caliber, my apologies. A slip of the tongue."

--Clunkers: clockwork golem--

"What do you know about the care and maintenance of high caliber projectile firearms and edged weaponry?"

"Sarcastic reply: This one believes you are supposed to keep the pointy end towards the enemy.

Statement: Which is to say, this one has very little experience. This one is more used to taking care of magical and occult apparatus."

Clunkers looks at the child, somewhat puzzled about this whole situation.

"Query: Are you the inventor of the weapon in question? This one does not see a weapon in need of maintenance in this room."

Reply. Also search my datastores for relevant info on the care and maintanance of high/medium caliber projectile firearms and edged weaponry. Perhaps I ran across something like that during my time in the magistar's library.
(2) you have no files associated with that area of expertise.

"Ah well, I suppose it was too much to ask for. Well, in that case, I have nothing of note for you to do before next mission. Ah. Unless you are able to assist in rebuilding the lady's containment. IF you think you can, report to the Interim Containment Facility. The head is known as Chips."

Bruford, Iron Golem.

Wait no, I explicity said I went to meet the kid. I don't even know about the existence of Freddy yet.

Check on the kid.  I want coin!

Tric was the one who showed interest and didn't volunteer.

Well, my specialty us Wind. Wind Sphere for an explosive Wind Blast, and learning Wind Jump and Feather Fall.

Also note my interest in the job of watching a child..

I don't know why you are arguing with me about this. please stop now. My patience is somewhat frayed these days.

More talking

"Well miss Sona, I was one of the people tasked with helping get you back here after you sought to escape. In fact the title of Eater of Sorrows comes from you."
"Oh, I see. Eater of Sorrows. A poetic name. Does it mean something to you? What was the other thing you were called? Does that mean something to you?"

Kongor-awakened gorilla

So what’s the deale-o here? Someone fill me in
(4) a very short Gnome - comes up to just under Kongor's knee - taps you lightly on said knee, craning his neck way back to speak up at you. "You did come in response to the advertisement, correct? You will be paid for your services upon completion of your task. You merely need to entertain and educate our child. Rates are negotiable. Base pay is a coin a day. Death of the child will void the contract. Your own death will not void the contract. We will pay a designated beneficiary, should you choose one."

I forgot - Clay birdie

hhhh. There's not really anything I can do with that. I AM a humanoid, you know.
Go find someone normal to talk to.

Also, put a link to the character sheet thread in the OP, you silly.

(2) hmm. Omega seems weirdly quiet today. best conversationalist you find appears to be a humanoid fungus that talks out of three mouths. It seems to be arguing with itself about conspiracies. You're not sure if it's insane, or if the conspiracies it discusses are legitimate.

There IS a link to the character sheet in the OP, but I'll move it for better visibility. Plus, I need to rework the OP anyway. the character sheet is a bit murky, it seems.

Jungle Feyline-
Blonde Hair, pointy ears, cat ears. Uually wears green, white, and yellow/gold. Sometimes silver too.

Approach and Introduce Myself.

"Raito Hikari, Miss Dragon."
The dragon ignores you, gorges itself on a bloody leg of meat, then looks warily in your direction, eyes flashing slightly.

The Doe known as Starker Schritt/Strong Stride:Humanoid Rat

Spoiler: Inv/Appearence (click to show/hide)

Black eyes blinking slowly, nose twitching as clawed hands wrap around the blade's hilt. Flickering and examining it, the sheen reflecting in their eyes, a satisfied look overcoming their face. A confidence as it is sheathed with a clicking sound, fitting just as it needed to. Mouth opening and deep for her kind, but squeaky for many other's, she speaks.

Iron earring's softly clinking.

"Spiegellicht, this is a title warthy of you. Ganuine thanks four much help.

Relaxed, wearing their new armor. Having a new weapon equipped, lightly grooming themselves, always self conscious like most of her race about cleanliness. Black eyes seeing for a moment if they were to respond, to the naming.

Starker has bestowed the title Spiegellicht or Mirror Light upon the armorer and thanks them! They sheath their new weapon in its sheath, equip their armor and wait to see if they respond.
In a flash, you find yourself dangling two feet from the floor, in a painfully tight grip around your shoulders. The green thing is perfectly still, but it's eyes have become deep amber. Amber streaks race through it's body like slow moving lightning trails. You are shaken violently, slammed against a wall hard enough to crack a rib and leave you stunned, and held for several seconds.

"Name rejected. You do not own this."

The being drops you unceremoniously in the corner and stalks back through the gate into the armory. You lay there catching your breath for minutes in the silence, only your ragged wheezing to be heard, your new possessions left where they lay.

Neither of them seems to be paying any attention to the food, right?  Eat it, then.  If it was theirs, they should have paid more attention to it.  After glomphing it, examine the other two to see what they are and if I'm going to be in trouble for that.
Trouble? Freddie? For EATING? How uncharacteristically submissive. Also, you do see Kongor over there too, so now there's three! Freddie eats the food. No one seems upset. The catthing is talking to you. BRuford and the catthing have both introduced themselves at this point.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 18, 2018, 05:22:28 am »

Thrips stifles a yawn and shuffles a bit further forwards in the queue.
He looks about himself with a rather tired gaze, though not without and undercurrent of wariness still. His once-fine coat, salvaged during a mission some time ago, is now a ragged mess: the lower part of the much-too-large garment now worn away and irreparably stained from dragging along the ground and occasionally being trodden on.
His boots, likewise claimed as loot on the same mission, have fared similarly; losing all trace of their original flashiness. Beneath it, though, there remains a well-made and sturdy pair of boots that have held up well enough, though on Thrips they reach almost to the knee and make his gait comically exaggerated.

He peeks around the person or creature in front of him, blinking a couple of times to get his depth perception back in order as he tries to gauge how much longer he's likely to be waiting.

Idly observe my surroundings whilst waiting in the census line.

Approximately how much time has passed since I first came to Omega? Have I any idea? It's not overly important, just wondering.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 18, 2018, 06:55:53 am »

After some introductions with the Jungle Feyline, attempt a non-lethal wing-assisted tackle.  (bounce towards it, and flap wings to close the distance faster.)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 05:36:23 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 85