Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155444 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #345 on: August 14, 2018, 10:36:31 am »

Well, my specialty us Wind. Wind Sphere for an explosive Wind Blast, and learning Wind Jump and Feather Fall.

Also note my interest in the job of watching a child..

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 14, 2018, 12:13:46 pm »

I look confusedly at the key he handed me for some reason."What about the oil?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 14, 2018, 12:21:21 pm »

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 01:47:23 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 14, 2018, 01:16:07 pm »

Check on the kid.  I want coin!
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 14, 2018, 01:33:05 pm »

Try to find someone relatively normal to talk to. At least by my standards.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 14, 2018, 03:35:58 pm »

Glare at the foot, hoping that wasn't the metal one that moved like that.  If so, well, try to walk a bit.  Maybe I can get back to my cave.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 15, 2018, 04:50:04 am »

alright, you day care candidates, check the bottom of the post for your assignment. I'll individually comment on the other parts of your actions beforehand.

((That kid sounds pretty entertaining, sure let's leave the ghoul in charge of watching the kid, what cann't go wrong.))
Answer:
"Wished to speak to her, see why she fled and such...plus she gave me what I needed to get my skin back, so giving her a nice thank you from the water of sorrows is due."
"As you wish, guardian. Please be aware that she is in a volatile state, and you may not get much of an answer from her at this time. Also, please take care not to release her again before we've stabilized her. Follow Akard here, if you will." the speaker motions to a small squat being that gives the paradoxical impression of being quite tall, standing quite erect, and being quite formal, all while being about four feet tall, having a pt belly, and picking his nose. Akard turns wordlessly and leads you to a guarded glass door, farting incessently along the way. THe Glass door is opend and yhe two of you pass through. You get the sensation of hundreds of tendrils touching you inside and out as you pass the door. Once through, akard leads you along several passaeways, through two more doors, and down a final deserted hallway to a room at the end. The room is sparsely decorated, but the bed in the corner is large soft, and covered in blankets. a single flower grows out of a tall, twisted vase painted a light cream color with subtle markings that follow the lines of the vase's twist. The front wall is transparent, but there is a curtain inside that can be closed to run the length of the wall, shielding the interior from view. Inside the cell, there is a door that leads to a small room furnished with just a plain chair and a small ledge under a second, much smaller window. There are several holes in the glass of this window arranged in a circle, and a chair is stationed outside the window as well. Akard turns and leaves, and you turn to see the woman slumped in the chair in the smaller room, eyes on nothing. HEr hair is a mess, her face devoid of emotion or energy. she looks exhausted and somewhat dissociated from what is around her. She is wrapped in a thick blanket up to her shoulders. From teh way the blanket bunches, you can tell she is clutching it tightly from inside.

kids, huh? Kinda outta my field of experience. Keep looking for herbs
mhm. This one might be within your field of experience. You might say you've met before, a time or two. (3) you find some stubborn weeds growing out of the gaps in the cobblestone roads. Weeds are herbs, right?

I look confusedly at the key he handed me for some reason."What about the oil?"
"What? What about oil? Didn't you want a shower? Oh, riiiiiight, you're a weapon. Check with the armorer. I'm sure he has what you are after. Are you not going to stand under a spray of water to clean yourself, then? That's the usual description of a shower. If not, I'll take that key back."

Add this to The Character sheet thread and go ahead and faff about on base. Check the OP for points of interest. Also, note that StarkerSchritt has taken teh Oath with Omega and carries her Mark on her person. Also note that going from a normal rat's lifespan to a 30-40 year span is quite a step up, so she would probably have some mixture of optimism from that, combined with the discontent fro mhaving a shorter lifespan than many humanoid races. I'm not saying Starker HAS to be optimistic, but it seems to me that the race as a whole might have a sort of positive outlook on the future, based on your description of their history and such.

Try to find someone relatively normal to talk to. At least by my standards.
By your standards? Okay, you wander about aimlessly for a while, til you spot something odd down in a shaded patch of the Omega Canyon. Swooping down, you hop up to the fetid pool, ignoring the motionless doll and the insane man muttering about morally questionable activities. You poke around for a bit, then start arguing with a maggot that is slowly being eaten alive by a squad of ants, and with the bubbles that arise from the corpse of a remarkably large scorpion lying mostly submerged in the mud and fouled water.

Well, my specialty us Wind. Wind Sphere for an explosive Wind Blast, and learning Wind Jump and Feather Fall.

Also note my interest in the job of watching a child..

Well, for your current stat sheet, you could manage a minor boost in jumping as a bolded action, and possibly enough wind to knock over a vase or something, also as a bolded action. Because you have "basic" in magic, and 'basic' in all the subskills related to either of those things, with no specs or anything to add to that. To increase your magical power, you'll need to increase your stats accordingly. But for now, you have some minor ability to manipulate wind, a bit. Feel free to be creative, just don't expect cosmic storms or anything.

Glare at the foot, hoping that wasn't the metal one that moved like that.  If so, well, try to walk a bit.  Maybe I can get back to my cave.
(4) You glare at your natural foot that was scratching you earlier, then stare menacingly at your iron prosthetic. it stares back indifferently. Then it wiggles provocatively. You lung at it and start gnawing on the metal, making little scraping sounds with your teeth as you flop over on your side. Once satisfied that the metal leg has learned it's lesson - for now - you stand carefully and begin a sort of stomp-hopping walk. You occasionally crash into the wall a bit, but you make slow progress caveward. before you arrive at your cave, you pass into one of the larger caverns the Gnomes use as an assembly hall, or for various other activities that require more room than normal. there, you find the following scene

Hmm four of you mentioned the childcare thing, but only two seem to have volunteered. Alright, so Tric and Bruford meet with a wizened gnome with even pointier ears than the usual, who talks at you without looking up. Bruford has to lean dangerously low to hear what is being said (we're just going to hand wave Bruford getting back down the cavern - lowered via cables down a steep slope. good luck getting back up). he manages not to crush the catperson or the gnome by virtue of falling face first into thecavern wall instead, so much of what is said is lost to him.

Tric learns the that child has been having difficulty controlling himslef lately, and is in need of some exercise and social interaction in order to get his bearings again. THe gnome assures you that this is normal for children, and he is confident that with a little activty the child will be his old self in no time - "Quite the friendly, curious child, really. A delight to experience. We are quite fond of him. Well, if you are interested follow me. I guess I'll have to take you to the Big Hall today." He says, glancing up at Bruford briefly before turning and walking along one of Omega's several side canyons and into a large tunnel that Bruford still has to stoop to enter.

After a few moments, the two of you enter a wide, arena style room. The ceilign is arched far overhead, the floor is a wide, flat oval, surrounded by walls about four foot high, which separate the arena floor form several concourses of platforms or benches. Above, the last concourse circles around about two thirds of the room at about fifteen feet from the floor, with several wide hallways exiting from it. "Ah, we are just in time, here he comes now. Say hello to Frederick!" The Gnome points up at one of the entrances where, at first, all you see is a wavering shimmer in the gloom. You hear a strange sort of clunk-shuffle-clunk pattern, growing a bit louder before the drake emerges from the dark blinking owlishly at you, wings shimmering in the dark, emitting a low buzz. The drake stands on one foot, with a strange sort of organic metal post where it's other leg should be.  a couple other gnomes appear from the side and attempt to coax Frederick forward to the arena with a fresh, bloody chunk of meat on a long pole (no smell of chemicals in this one).

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 15, 2018, 07:05:00 am »

I look down and shuffle my feet a little while I reply.
"Um, it's more complicated for me. My oil gets sticky and catches sand and dust in hot dusty places like this, so its best to wash it all out and replace it periodically, helps prevent jams. But, um, I can't really reach inside myself to get really clean and re-oiled right. So... I need someone else to help me.
I look up at him hopefully.

((note: normal gun oil has issues in extreme hot or cold environments, in hot environments it gets super sticky and collects particles, eventually causing jams, though it takes a while for that to occur, in extreme cold environments it gets really thick and gums up the weapon, no longer serving as a lubricant, again, causing jams. there are special lubricants used for each case, however they aren't quite as good as normal gun oil in temperate environments. still gets the job done just fine though.))
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 08:25:22 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 15, 2018, 07:12:05 am »

Approach her in as nonthreatening a manner as possible
"Hello miss...errr...what is your name? You can call me the Eater of Sorrows, or Vladen, what ever you want."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 15, 2018, 07:50:06 am »

Take a detour and slowly clomp my way over to the good-smelling food.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 15, 2018, 08:14:56 am »

((How I into new character sheet??))
Still using thrips?
hmm. here's a mock-up of your character as a more or less direct transfer
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((Yeah, Thrips. I can't make heads or tails of that convoluted mess (especially the combat skills - what does "unnatural" mean? With a weapon? I was also pretty sure I'd dumped at least some points into my "mind" attributes, though I could be misremembering), but I'm sure it's close enough.
I don't want any dang "magic affinity", though. You tryna pull a Bethesda on me or what? :P))

Where am I, and what's been going on?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 15, 2018, 08:36:55 am »

Feet pitter-pattering on the hot sandy sandstone ground of Omega, a small squeak as they hear a hiss from a nearby rock, retracting their foot, angular inhuman legs pattering back. Ratty tail swaying back and forth as black eyes scan their surrounding's, a confidence of a sorts being placed over their surprise for a mere moment. Their stride strong and straightforward as they straighten up and begin to take a trek on over to somewhere.

Aqua Gambonson unpadded and worthless. A sheath missing a weapon and ten coins jingling in a small pouch. The creamy skinned doe allowing a smile to flicker. Tone surprisingly deep for one of their kind, but holding a squeakyness all the same.

Head to the Armory, Purchase Light Armor, Purchase basic melee weapon, preferably a sword or something that can be sheathed.

"Hay..."

Black eyes staring at the androgynous confusing armorer a small frustrated squeak leaving their lips, cream fur being ruffled by hands grooming for a quick moment of relief. Before continuing.

Mind fix-in this here, gambasan right up for this doe? Gatting me a sticker of sort'z to zl'ip into this here scheath?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 09:06:49 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 15, 2018, 03:54:05 pm »

I don't want any dang "magic affinity", though. You tryna pull a Bethesda on me or what? :P))

(You can think of it as a resistance type even if you don't use magic.)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 15, 2018, 04:01:36 pm »

One wonders if there's such a thing as "not magic" in this world.
Well, of course not. "Magic" isn't any one thing, after all.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 15, 2018, 04:34:38 pm »

(Even if you're not magic, someone can use magic on you, right?  And you could be in environments saturated with it, too.)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 85