Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 58

Author Topic: Knights of the Skies: Verusa Thread - Early Summer 1916, Production Phase  (Read 60060 times)

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
  • I'd rather be a rising ape than a falling angel.
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Skies: Verusa Thread - Early Spring 1915, Revision Phase
« Reply #630 on: July 18, 2018, 01:21:10 pm »

Quote from: Voting hell
VRAC A.1b "Great Emu" (2): Piratejoe, Thanik
Generic Bomb Rack (2): eS, Thanik
Clown Killi Aerial Torpedo (2): Piratejoe, eS
Noble Nafuni Engineer

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 18, 2018, 02:14:00 pm »

Right, so on thinking of it, we're just not going to get the "Generic Bomb Rack" that conveniently handles whatever bombs we want. I'm pretty sure that's not how Cnid operates. I propose that instead, we specify in our torpedo revision that the new, smaller torpedo should fit onto four Bar Shelf AABR's in line with each other (because that's about what supports 1200lbs), with the torpedo itself being shaped to fit with a notch on top, cloth straps, or whatever seems necessary to adapt it. If you don't mind, I'll propose an updated version:

Clown Killi Aerial Torpedo A
The Clown Killi Aerial Torpedo is basically a barracuda torpedo with its fuel slashed down to only 1500 yards and it's explosive charge down to only 300 pounds. The torpedo should be made considerably shorter, and as light as possible without compromising its structural integrity. It should adapt to a series of in-line Bar's Shelf AABR bomb racks, however many are necessary for the weight, with a notch or clamp bar on the top of the torpedo so they fit. Ground crews are encouraged to paint up the torpedoes for with clever slogans for photo ops if they have spare time.

Also, I'm hopeful the suggestion of a water cooler won't make the already heavier Barnett engine too heavy for the Emu and impact maneuverability or something, but maybe that will work itself out.

Quote from: Voting Is Not So Bad
VRAC A.1b "Great Emu" (3): Piratejoe, Thanik, Sensei
Clown Killi Aerial Torpedo (2): Piratejoe, eS
--Clown Killi Aerial Torpedo A (1): Sensei
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 02:19:05 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 18, 2018, 02:19:03 pm »

VRAC A.1b "Great Emu" (3): Piratejoe, Thanik, Sensei
Clown Killi Aerial Torpedo (1): eS
--Clown Killi Aerial Torpedo A (2): Sensei, Piratejoe
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 18, 2018, 08:22:58 pm »

So, uhm, cnidaros. Did we not gain any prestige last turn despite the daring raid on the kols navy and being responsible for taking Estwice? I noticed it was still very little...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 18, 2018, 08:37:11 pm »

I'd like to point out that we HAVE a bomb rack that doesn't cost PP, so it's not unreasonable for the Generic Bomb Rack to have no cost.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 18, 2018, 08:54:24 pm »

I believe that is specifically due to it being incredibly basic and/or because it's limited to only the rhino.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 18, 2018, 08:59:41 pm »

I agree with you! That's why the revision removes that cost.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 19, 2018, 12:35:36 pm »

I don't think another revision would make it free...

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 19, 2018, 12:54:54 pm »

We made the guns on the Emu free. We have a free bomb rack, though it's limited to Rhino's.

Honestly, your resistance to making this free is both unfounded and deeply confusing.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 19, 2018, 12:59:54 pm »

It's not resistance to making it free, it's belief that we can't simply wave our hands and make it free while also working with everything. Also the free bombrack is kinda shit to be honest...besides the Great Emu has hardpoints added as a tertiary thing that we might get if we roll well enough.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 19, 2018, 01:01:14 pm »

...we can't make bomb racks free, but we can upgrade the emu and give it free bomb racks?

I...think I'm done arguing with you.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 19, 2018, 01:13:08 pm »

Kinda, because it directly applies to the upgraded airframe of the Emu it will become standard with the Great Emu, and I expect retrofitting our Emu's to be great will cost a bit more, mostly because of the new engine. After all, we get free machine guns on the Emu as its standard for the design but not for the Rhino.

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 19, 2018, 01:40:21 pm »

Generic Bomb Rack: I'm with the Kol's Greatest Asset in reading the GM as a simulationist who wouldn't like straight-up free hardpoints on all aircraft as a revision.  Our future bomber projects would probably have integral hardpoints already (if not internal bomb bays), so this would only apply to the 1-3 more Emu's we'd make light bombers out of anyways.

Roland 9 Rotary Engine: A Rhino with the crossguard kit and an engine upgrade would probably match their monoplane right now.  It's definitely on the "To Do List" along with tracer rounds.  Unfortunately the hive mind is really set on a torpedo bomber this turn...

Great Emu + Could Kili A Aerial Torpedo: Naval torpedos are huge and we're not going to have a real bomber for several turns.  ...so I guess we'll have to throw more actions at the Emu if we want this to happen.  It's going to be a hard stretch, but only by revising both we might get something barely viable.  180hp V12 as a pusher is probably only enough for a really small and shitty torpedo, but it's a start at least.  Late war V12s got up to 400 hp and we'd probably need roughly 400 hp for 1000lb payload.

VRAC A.1b "Great Emu" (4): Piratejoe, Thanik, Sensei, ConscriptFive
Clown Killi Aerial Torpedo (1): eS
--Clown Killi Aerial Torpedo A (3): Sensei, Piratejoe, ConscriptFive
Roland 9 Rotary Engine (0):

Take a look at the Vickers Vimy Heavy Biplane or Airco DH.10 for what we ultimately should replace the Emu's with:
https://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=836
https://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/detail.asp?aircraft_id=1671

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 19, 2018, 01:55:22 pm »

The VRAC A.1 was made as a fighter bomber so we wouldn't exactly be replacing it if we made a D.H 10 or Vickers. For replacing it a better example would be a Bristol F.2B or a Breguet 14.B2.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 19, 2018, 02:42:34 pm »

The fact that it's only going to be useful for maybe 1 or 3 more Emu's is perhaps the only legitimate argument against the Generic thusfar.  I will point out that Cnid has allowed free bomb racks and guns before; even so, if the Generic is free, it still costs 1 PP to fit it with bombs, so it's not "free bombers".
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 58