Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Fallout 76  (Read 38149 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 76
« Reply #210 on: November 29, 2018, 01:33:38 pm »

Its not even right, should be Fallout LXXVI
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #211 on: November 29, 2018, 01:53:25 pm »

Hello all !

Where could I get this game at the cheapest price? :) Is it worth getting this game at all? Because i saw some bad reviews on this game.

Thanks

From what I can tell of the reviews, I'd say get it if you and your friends all like to play stock Bethesda games and want to play one together. That said, the reviews do NOT look good.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 29, 2018, 02:37:37 pm »

Patches are coming in the next weeks.
Stash will increase to 600 for now, among other things.

I finally reached level 50+ and got the Excavator power armor, feelsgoodman. I find very interesting that I got to the max level without ever finishing questlines. Had plenty of fun just murdering around.
I'm still desperately after a Gatling Laser and its plans/mods though, guess I'll do quests just to see if one gives them out.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 29, 2018, 05:28:12 pm »

Hello all !

Where could I get this game at the cheapest price? :) Is it worth getting this game at all? Because i saw some bad reviews on this game.

Thanks

Take the reviews with some salt. A lot of them are being critical just for the sake of clicks, while others are actually playing the game and giving feedback from that.

I've played about 50 hours, haven't hit level 40 yet, and haven't had many of the bugs people report. A few, yes, but not as many as I've seen reported.

T-posing enemies I've seen, but those are always the Scorched who have a lore reason to be standing still until you get close enough to them.

I have had an enemy become totally immune to damage, which I'm unsure of the exact cause.

There ARE NPCs in the game, but they are mostly robots as all the humans have died or left the area. The story is told mostly through holotapes and notes scattered around. It reminds me of Dark Souls, where you have to put things together yourself.

There have been some textures that take time to load, but graphics are a small concern of mine.

Next week there will be a patch fixing a lot of issues, followed by another patch the next week.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 29, 2018, 06:00:03 pm »

Does anybody know if it is possible to skip the Morgantown Airport main quest? The area is bugged and consequently crashes on me before I can hit any of the quest markers in there, so for the last 5 levels or so I've been living off kill-XP only since this is a "gateway" quest for the rest of the game  ???

Try the scan and repair option in your launcher and see if that helps fix the issues.  I've seen this suggested for people on both the reddit and the forums who have said they experience similar crashes and it generally seems to fix the issue(assuming you're on PC, dunno if consoles have this option).
Yeah forgot to mention I'm on PS4. I don't believe I've seen an option like that, unfortunately

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 29, 2018, 10:20:26 pm »

Maybe you can restart that quest, or go in from a different angle? That's a weird crash that I haven't heard of yet.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 30, 2018, 05:31:14 am »

Maybe you can restart that quest, or go in from a different angle? That's a weird crash that I haven't heard of yet.

It's a common enough issue that I could google myself to others experiencing the same, but apparently not common enough to have a solution.
I tried entering the Airport interior every which way I can imagine, even did it with a buddy to see if that changed anything. Still the same consequent crashing after a couple of minutes at most.
I haven't noticed that the game should support abandoning a (well right now THE) main quest so I doubt that's an option, but I guess I'll double-check.

You know, despite the buggy crap of an overt cash-grab mess Bethesda made of this I still want to like the game, for some reason, but not being able to progress past what is pretty much the initial main quest makes it hard ::)

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 30, 2018, 11:51:45 am »

Does anybody know if it is possible to skip the Morgantown Airport main quest? The area is bugged and consequently crashes on me before I can hit any of the quest markers in there, so for the last 5 levels or so I've been living off kill-XP only since this is a "gateway" quest for the rest of the game  ???

Try the scan and repair option in your launcher and see if that helps fix the issues.  I've seen this suggested for people on both the reddit and the forums who have said they experience similar crashes and it generally seems to fix the issue(assuming you're on PC, dunno if consoles have this option).
Yeah forgot to mention I'm on PS4. I don't believe I've seen an option like that, unfortunately

Then as frustrating as a suggestion this may be, you might want to reinstall the game then since it sounds like something related to the airport was corrupted in your install.  Also, if your PS4's hard drive is pretty close to full, you might need to clear up some space since it might be a virtual memory issue.

On an aside, this tool is awesome for planning out your characters.  Just remember that you can swap out different cards for different situations so the idea is to slot what you'd consider a characters main loadout for the build.  As an example if you want both Lone Wanderer and Hard Bargain, you only need 4 points in charisma since you don't need Lone Wanderer when at a vendor or vice versa.  The tool lays out a suggested leveling path too with multiple choices where to put your points and which cards to pick up

https://nukesdragons.com/fallout76/perks

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 30, 2018, 01:24:00 pm »

Ouch. A Bethesda game with no option to mod out bugs/bad gameplay?

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 30, 2018, 02:56:16 pm »

Then as frustrating as a suggestion this may be, you might want to reinstall the game then since it sounds like something related to the airport was corrupted in your install.  Also, if your PS4's hard drive is pretty close to full, you might need to clear up some space since it might be a virtual memory issue.

Yep, already tried that too, didn't help

Ouch. A Bethesda game with no option to mod out bugs/bad gameplay?

Aren't modding options also very limited on PC due to it being online?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 30, 2018, 04:11:57 pm »

From a certain perspective, the modding options are unlimited :P

(The server doesn't check anything, which seriously does open some opportunities for modding I think)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 30, 2018, 04:19:40 pm »

Yes "modding" just like gta online "modding."  AKA: Not modding, but people call it that for some stupid reason.

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 30, 2018, 04:23:27 pm »

Hello all !

Thanks

Take the reviews with some salt. A lot of them are being critical just for the sake of clicks, while others are actually playing the game and giving feedback from that.

I've played about 50 hours, haven't hit level 40 yet, and haven't had many of the bugs people report. A few, yes, but not as many as I've seen reported.

T-posing enemies I've seen, but those are always the Scorched who have a lore reason to be standing still until you get close enough to them.

I have had an enemy become totally immune to damage, which I'm unsure of the exact cause.

There ARE NPCs in the game, but they are mostly robots as all the humans have died or left the area. The story is told mostly through holotapes and notes scattered around. It reminds me of Dark Souls, where you have to put things together yourself.

There have been some textures that take time to load, but graphics are a small concern of mine.

Next week there will be a patch fixing a lot of issues, followed by another patch the next week.

Oh wow, by your mention, this game is chump compared to something like the Conan Exiles game where you're in multiplayer and can build bases just like these new Fallouts. This game from your description proves how lazy these developers are if they excised the entire plot and story for this shallow sandbox experience. There are really no other NPCs? Good Old Games has the original games for 10 bucks which has the best atmosphere out of any of the games without all the quirky and awkward NPC programming.

Bethesda has only neutered NPCs since Oblivion maybe a slight increase in Skyrim: https://youtube.com/watch?v=_XR6dsy7ATE Oblivion irl XD
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 04:26:59 pm by Bob69Joe »

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 30, 2018, 05:49:38 pm »

Hello all !

Thanks

Oh wow, by your mention, this game is chump compared to something like the Conan Exiles game where you're in multiplayer and can build bases just like these new Fallouts. This game from your description proves how lazy these developers are if they excised the entire plot and story for this shallow sandbox experience. There are really no other NPCs? Good Old Games has the original games for 10 bucks which has the best atmosphere out of any of the games without all the quirky and awkward NPC programming.

Bethesda has only neutered NPCs since Oblivion maybe a slight increase in Skyrim: https://youtube.com/watch?v=_XR6dsy7ATE Oblivion irl XD

uh, dude, I love Conan Exiles but it doesn't hold a candle to Fallout 76.  And let's be real here, what people are really complaining about when they say "no NPCs" cause the game DOES have NPC's(no, not confusing mobs for NPCs either) they're complaining they don't get some boring companion rattling off the same 7 lines of dialog every 3 minutes.  The game has a plot and a story and it's arguably more interesting than "I gotta find my dad" or "I gotta find my son" or "you're the reincarnation of a guy who can shout really really loud".

Honestly if you go into the game with the mentality that it is an online survival game, and not a Bethesda power fantasy, you realize it doesn't deserve the hate it's getting.  Especially in light of all the same critics rushing to defend the actual no effort cash grab Valve's Artifact has turned out to be.  At least Bethesda had the decency not to bribe the reviewers.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 30, 2018, 07:58:03 pm »

I mean sure, Artifact might be a cashgrab, but atleast it's working as advertised. Fallout on the other hand is a broken mess for a lot of people and used actual false advertising in certain cases (the big pricy special edition for one).

And if they didn't want people judging this as a fallout game, maybe they shouldn't have tried cashing in on the fallout IP in such a blatantly lazy and half assed way :V

If this was a generic no-name IP nobody would give a shit about it since the market is already saturated by these games, (some of which aren't unfinished buggy messes btw), the fact that they slapped the fallout IP onto this and didn't expect shit for doing it is baffling.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18