Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Fallout 76  (Read 38153 times)

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 76
« Reply #225 on: December 01, 2018, 08:21:31 am »

except the only thing that wasn't delivered as advertised was the bag in that power armor edition, which yes, was an indefensible position.

But literally every interview Todd Howard did he flat out stated that it'd be buggy and they expected it to have issues and that they expected the players to come across problems they never imagined.  And name one.  Name one online survival game that isn't buggy.  I mean, I know you're just parroting what you heard your favorite e-celeb say and actually have no idea about the game considering the copy paste response your given, but seriously, name one online survival game that isn't a buggy mess.

I get it though:
https://youtu.be/P4mEgZMxsWA

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 01, 2018, 08:32:10 am »

7 days to die always had been solid to me. Empyrion too.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 01, 2018, 09:08:34 am »

Dudes, Mr. Matty Plays just ripped into the damned thing for being completely unacceptable, this isn't a hate train because "it's cool to hate this."  It's a hate train because Fo76 is GARBAGE.  And even one of 'thesda's most vocal shills just laid that bare.

I'm not even saying that it's bad and you should feel bad for liking it, just please hel stop defending trash.  You enjoy it, that's fine, and people should make up their own minds about the game, but just. stop. defending. it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 09:13:34 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 01, 2018, 09:22:46 am »

Dudes, Mr. Matty Plays just ripped into the damned thing for being completely unacceptable, this isn't a hate train because "it's cool to hate this."  It's a hate train because Fo76 is GARBAGE.  And even one of 'thesda's most vocal shills just laid that bare.

I'm not even saying that it's bad and you should feel bad for liking it, just please hel stop defending trash.  You enjoy it, that's fine, and people should make up their own minds about the game, but just. stop. defending. it.
As a random person with no stake in this argument, if you want people to stop defending the game, just let the thread die. Making claims that Fallout 76 is garbage without anything to back it up except saying some random Youtuber I've never heard of said so is not going to do it.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 01, 2018, 09:47:58 am »

As a random person with no stake in this argument, if you want people to stop defending the game, just let the thread die. Making claims that Fallout 76 is garbage without anything to back it up except saying some random Youtuber I've never heard of said so is not going to do it.

These statements are mutually exclusive.

Further, if you have no stake, why comment?

Additionally, it is painfully clear that this thread is not ready to die at all, as you and I clearly demonstrate.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 09:50:13 am by NullForceOmega »

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 01, 2018, 11:23:31 am »

These statements are mutually exclusive.

Further, if you have no stake, why comment?

Additionally, it is painfully clear that this thread is not ready to die at all, as you and I clearly demonstrate.
Very confused how those statements are mutually exclusive.

I commented because your last post was extremely dumb. It looked like you wanted to stop an argument, but all you were going to do was start one since all you did was make an assertion and didn't back it up at all except with bringing up some Youtuber no one else had mentioned. If you want to stop people from defending Fallout 76, you picked a terrible way to do so.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 01, 2018, 11:56:21 am »

If lots of people are complaining about an issue that would usually mean that it is in fact an issue worth noting, not just hate for the sake of hate. I mean, I don't particularly care for the bethesda fallouts but this whole debacle has been fascinating to follow, especially the whole polarization thing where people feel obliged to defend a shit product for whatever reason.

Yes, other online survival games are buggy messes, but guess what, that ain't a defense, that's a whataboutism, hell, it paints an even worse picture when you consider said other online games are for the most part explicitly early access titles which aren't asking 60$. And if you want another example of bullshit, how about the claim that you could build a base anywhere, when that is clearly not the case in-game.

Beth dropped the ball hard with this one, they were hoping to have it laughed off as another bethesda quirky release and it's been clear there are certain limits to what people find acceptable. If they gave it half a year or more maybe it would've went differently, but as it stands they pissed away a lot of goodwill, now it's up to them to learn from this, but I kinda doubt that'll really happen anytime soon.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 01, 2018, 08:50:46 pm »

snip'd for 'tude.

If you have no stake, then whether or not you have heard of a youtuber, who happens to have over 350k subscribers, produces nothing but Bethesda games content, and has been one of their top 'influencers' since they created the stupid label, would not even be a point.  Since YOU decided that YOUR personal knowledge was relevant to the discussion YOU clearly are placing some form of stake in the discussion.

Ergo, since you put weight on your knowledge and opinion, you cannot be "A random person with no stake", and the statements are absolutely mutually exclusive.

Further, your post was frankly far less on topic and far more irrelevant than mine, since mine was actually addressing the subject of this forum topic.

The point of my post was in fact that even Bethesda's own bought and paid for shills are calling the game, and I quote from Matty's own review "Totally Unacceptable".  Giant Bomb, a major outlet, REFUSES to review the game because, and again I am quoting from their own mouths "None of our reviewers want to play this game".  Godsdamned IGN ripped this barely functional mess to pieces, and they are so utterly in the pockets of the triple A publishers they can't see daylight. 

This is everywhere, the arguments against 76 being bad are getting weaker every second and the ones calling it bad are getting stronger.

Edit: I am not even on the hate train here, I am seriously and honestly horrified that this went so completely and utterly wrong, I cannot even believe how terrible this whole situation has become.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 09:39:19 pm by NullForceOmega »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 01, 2018, 11:00:58 pm »

If you have no stake, then whether or not you have heard of a youtuber, who happens to have over 350k subscribers, produces nothing but Bethesda games content, and has been one of their top 'influencers' since they created the stupid label, would not even be a point.  Since YOU decided that YOUR personal knowledge was relevant to the discussion YOU clearly are placing some form of stake in the discussion.

Ergo, since you put weight on your knowledge and opinion, you cannot be "A random person with no stake", and the statements are absolutely mutually exclusive.
Influencers sounds like a supervillain organization that ran out of ideas for what to call themselves. I don't have a stake in this discussion, but I've read the discussion, and no one brought up this dude until you. So someone who gets free stuff from Bethesda didn't like the game. Why is that magically going to change the mind of someone who seems to be enjoying the game?
Sigtext

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 02, 2018, 01:45:40 am »

All I'll say is that I'm genuinely disappointed to see anyone here defending this soulless garbage.

It's not hate for the sake of hate. It's hate for a zero-effort cash grab that exemplifies everything that's been wrong with Bethesda since Daggerfall. This shit cannot keep getting by, and thankfully people are finally sick of it. If you're still thinking "Oh but I'm still going to preorder Starfield and TES:VI," you're part of the problem. You're the reason these shitty, exploitative companies think they can keep churning out lazy turds.

I'm almost glad that all the fanboys who were screeching "iT iSn'T eVeN oUt YeT" and "iT's JuSt A bEtA" are getting their refunds denied. If you're still preordering fucking digital downloads at this point you've missed the train.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 02, 2018, 10:42:37 pm »

Oh, but I'm still excited for TES6. F76 is a steaming pile, just like I expected it to be when it was announced, but so long as TES6 can at least hit the level of Skyrim or Oblivion I will be happy.

The problem isn't that F76 is a "broken Bethesda game", it is that it is an attempt a making a Bethesda game with all the things that make Bethesda games worth playing ripped out and replaced with buggy multiplayer.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 03, 2018, 09:48:24 am »

Oh, but I'm still excited for TES6. F76 is a steaming pile, just like I expected it to be when it was announced, but so long as TES6 can at least hit the level of Skyrim or Oblivion I will be happy.

The problem isn't that F76 is a "broken Bethesda game", it is that it is an attempt a making a Bethesda game with all the things that make Bethesda games worth playing ripped out and replaced with buggy multiplayer.

I'd be worried about the poor decision making processes exposed during this whole thing. If they think ripping out all the better features and replacing them with all this garbage was a good idea that the players will love, what will they rip out of the next game? We've seen almost every TES game to date remove something the older ones had, sometimes for good reasons sometimes bad, but if the kind of person who decides "Players will love this combat rifle having extra damage over this other combat rifle for literally no reason other than an arbitrary level gate" is making the decision on what to remove or change, how can you not worry about how the games will turn out?

76 has pushed home the fact that Bethesda don't understand the appeal of their games. I'm very nervous for the future of 2 series I've rather enjoyed (and a new release I was somewhat interested in), and will eye any future games critically on release rather than instabuying/preordering as I did for previous instalments.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 03, 2018, 10:44:00 am »

That's one of the things that has been really driven home here, there's an interview with Todd Howard where he actually said that he actively looks for things he can remove from games in their next iteration.  Given what happened to Fallout 4, 76, and Skyrim I am extremely worried about what the basic progression systems will look like in upcoming titles.  I very much enjoyed Fallout 3 mechanically, I've really enjoyed Morrowind, Oblivion, and to a lesser extent Skyrim, but the very obvious simplification of the progression mechanics from each title to the next does not make me in any way happy.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 03, 2018, 10:57:03 am »

I mean... Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of Oblivion's rather arcane leveling mechanics, and how they directly discouraged having a class focused on the skills you were going to be using the most. I prefer Skyrim's character leveling to that of Oblivion's.

Actually, I prefer Skyrim to Oblivion overall... I only got to play bits and pieces of Morrowind though I quite liked what little I played, but for me Oblivion lost a lot of its shine after my 12th Oblivion portal.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 03, 2018, 10:57:53 am »

I mean... Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of Oblivion's rather arcane leveling mechanics, and how they directly discouraged having a class focused on the skills you were going to be using the most. I prefer Skyrim's character leveling to that of Oblivion's.

Actually, I prefer Skyrim to Oblivion overall... I only got to play bits and pieces of Morrowind though I quite liked what little I played, but for me Oblivion lost a lot of its shine after my 12th Oblivion portal.
Oblivion did one thing better than all other games in the series: you could cast spells without having to unequip a weapon. And that was great.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18