Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: Fallout 76  (Read 38120 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 76
« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2018, 04:18:51 pm »

And yet they both manage to be cynical as hell about it and actually aren't that far off from each other in meaning. :P

For fallout, the point is that people will keep fighting over dumb shit, even though the world has changed.
For mgs, the point is that the world has changed, and now people are fighting over more dumb shit than ever before.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 13, 2018, 01:23:15 am »

Shilling, shilling never changes.

That's a youtube video of the Fallout 76 stream, featuring Ninja (Fornite streamer), Logic130 (rapper), and Rick & Morty (no seriously). It's... well see for yourself.

Gotta wonder who comes up with this stuff. Some marketing guy with more funding than sense, it seems.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 13, 2018, 07:30:29 am »

That's a youtube video of the Fallout 76 stream, featuring Ninja (Fornite streamer), Logic130 (rapper), and Rick & Morty (no seriously). It's... well see for yourself.

Gotta wonder who comes up with this stuff. Some marketing guy with more funding than sense, it seems.
"Nerds like these things, right?"

Sometimes, marketing people do great work. Other times... not.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2018, 01:58:58 pm »

IMO, Beth can do whatever they want when it comes to game dev. I don't mind taking Fallout in a new direction and trying to bring all sorts of casuals into the hype train. Even if it crashes and burns and explodes like a lot of people are prophesying will happen with 76. They earned the right to go insane at this point.
But this sort of marketing stuff can eventually make your fans feel ashamed of supporting you, damn. There's also some weird marketing videos with basketball players? I'm not from the US and I don't care about basketball, so that definitely made me go 'dafuq, is this from Bethes...yes..yes it is.'
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 13, 2018, 02:21:10 pm »

Bethesda is of the same breed as Ubisoft. Which is to say, not malicious but oh the heights of idiocy they reach.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2018, 10:45:23 am »

My friend literally bought me the game because he was so hyped for it and wanted me to join him and some of our other friends for it. He knew about my lukewarm response to the game too.

Its literally just modded fallout 4 with restrictions and more lag because i cant performance mod it. I already miss having the minutemen around calling me general and feeling like a badass.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2018, 10:50:45 am »

I've come to realize that buying friends games they weren't all that interested in is a losing battle. Bought a work friend Dark Souls 3 and thought he would love it, but we got him to play it twice and he's never wanted to jump in while we're playing since.

And my roommate's friend bought him the new COD game and he kinda refuses to even fire it up.

Sometimes getting people games, especially coop/MP games, is more about your needs than their's. Sometimes people can learn to like something. But more often their first instincts are the correct ones, for themselves.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 15, 2018, 02:03:05 am »

Launch day and no one else said anything? Damn, that's a contrast from FO4 release where me and a few others tried not to spoil the whole game. I literally did not sleep and had it on preorder and preloaded. It released 6am or something..
I'm currently playing it again actually, with 140 mods. Took a break from all the crashing and now put together Skyrim with 75+ mods yet again.
Yet I have zero intention on grabbing 76 atm. I do want to have it when it gets on a good sale though.

If anyone is playing it, let me know if it's THAT meh.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 15, 2018, 08:22:58 am »

Launch day and no one else said anything? Damn, that's a contrast from FO4 release where me and a few others tried not to spoil the whole game. I literally did not sleep and had it on preorder and preloaded. It released 6am or something..
I'm currently playing it again actually, with 140 mods. Took a break from all the crashing and now put together Skyrim with 75+ mods yet again.
Yet I have zero intention on grabbing 76 atm. I do want to have it when it gets on a good sale though.

I ordered a physical copy of the game from the bethesda merch store so I have to wait until it's delivered to play again :/  Hopefully it'll be here later today

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 15, 2018, 09:56:36 am »

I ordered a physical copy of the game from the bethesda merch store so I have to wait until it's delivered to play again :/  Hopefully it'll be here later today
Here's hoping that you didn't get one of those "all of the extras but you don't actually get the game" editions.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 15, 2018, 02:08:49 pm »

I bought it Tuesday (had 30$ in PlayStation cards, so the game was only 30$ out of pocket), downloaded it and tried to stay up for the midnight release. Didn't manage that, which was ok because the servers got hit hard and were up and down until Wednesday morning.

Also got it digitally, so I could put it on both my PS4s and have my nephew play with me.

Actually got to play a few hours yesterday, both solo and with my nephew.

Solo is pretty good. There's problems with enemies respawning every time a new person comes into an area, which gets annoying, but not unmanageable. I do like how VATS works, even though it's different from any other entry in the Fallout verse.

SPECIAL stats and perk cards are a different way of making your character unique, and cards can be upgraded / swapped at any time. Each card has a cost, which is where SPECIAL comes in. 2PER lets you equip 2 cards that cost 1, or an upgraded card that costs 2, for example. I like this system better than 4.

My nephew enjoys killing everything that moves, while I enjoy picking up holotapes and reading notes and putting the world together. Did a few quests, didn't hit any bugs yet.

Is it Fallout? Yes. Do I enjoy it? Yes. Do other people enjoy it? Yes and no.

It's a different Fallout game than normal. It's a little buggy and weird, but I see room for improvement and Bethesda seems to want to make this something that lasts.

Many A True Nerd on YouTube has a few videos of gameplay, and might be worth watching if you are interested.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 02:11:10 pm by Lich180 »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2018, 03:09:34 pm »

I have zero interest as well.

I was mildly curious until I watched one of my favorite streamers play it. He seemed to like it at first but after a few hours he realized it's super ultra boring. Personally it looked super ultra boring at the start but he was playing with friends and that kinda hides shitty games for a bit. I think the tipping point was how extremely crap the PvP was.

At this point I keep forgetting this game exists until this thread gets bumped or some video bashing it shows up.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2018, 03:38:24 pm »

"Here's a dvd installer. It's a 5gb dvd. Good luck on your 100gb download."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2018, 03:43:28 pm »

Woot! Got my first bounty kill today!

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 15, 2018, 04:02:03 pm »

I do not like how they handled the physical version. 250mb on the disk, 60gb download for the game. That's bull.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18