Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll: Do you mind if I shift how Talents work in favor of a superior system to the +X?

Please keep it the way it is
- 0 (0%)
Go ahead
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 06, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29

Author Topic: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 40] (Defunct)  (Read 44023 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 30!]
« Reply #345 on: August 09, 2018, 03:32:01 am »

"So, my friend, now that we're in, what's your strategy?", Nix asks Anthony in the privacy of the viewing box.

Survey the movements of enemy guards, and try and find our two targets. See if there binoculars or anything provided in the viewing box to do this with.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 09, 2018, 07:35:11 am »

"Strategy? As if. Well, I guess I figured we'd just announce Frost Nips' counteroffer to teh entire room. Get ol mercenary Mike or whatever his name was on our side and let the fun begin. I figure, guy like that could be a bit of an asset in a situation like this, eh?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 09, 2018, 10:13:50 am »

*Mechanical sigh*

Repeat previous.

TrickleJest

• Bay Watcher
  • I write things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 09, 2018, 10:18:11 am »

"So... what now?"

Jack looks at Mana, and then at the doors around them.

"We should probably try to get going. This place doesn't seem to be... safe."
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 10:26:35 am by TrickleJest »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 09, 2018, 11:13:07 am »

"Can you lockpick some of these doors?"/color]

TrickleJest

• Bay Watcher
  • I write things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 09, 2018, 11:36:36 am »

"I can try. No guarantees."

Jack takes out one of his needles, poking it into one of the doors and attempting to pick the lock.

"Let me know if you need a needle."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 09, 2018, 06:32:51 pm »

"Strategy? As if. Well, I guess I figured we'd just announce Frost Nips' counteroffer to teh entire room. Get ol mercenary Mike or whatever his name was on our side and let the fun begin. I figure, guy like that could be a bit of an asset in a situation like this, eh?"

"If we put him on the spot like that I fear he'd be less receptive to our offer. You're right in that we could use his abilities on our side, but if we can get him alone somehow not only would we have a better chance of turning him, but the element of surprise. With our main target, I mean."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 09, 2018, 10:11:48 pm »

Head to our box, take a seat, and observe Azirkan's box.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 02:39:00 am by Rethi-Eli »
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 10, 2018, 06:40:04 am »

"If we put him on the spot like that I fear he'd be less receptive to our offer. You're right in that we could use his abilities on our side, but if we can get him alone somehow not only would we have a better chance of turning him, but the element of surprise. With our main target, I mean."

"Sure. Okay, that's an idea. Now, how do we do that? Do you know what this guy looks like? How are we going to spot him? I bet I could sniff him out of we got close enough with few enough other odors around, but that seems unlikely."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 10, 2018, 06:47:05 am »

"Once the guards over there settle down, we can identify Azirkan, our main assassination target.

If we can figure out who's commanding the honour guard, it would be a safe bet that that's Anuvo, the man I'm hoping to turn. If we can just get a good look first, then we can figure out how to get close. Hopefully."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 10, 2018, 07:24:38 am »

Alright. Do try not to appear too interested though. Don't really want to tip our hand more than we already have. Hmm. I wonder if just sending a note addressed to him would get his attention and interest? I believe the staff at these things have protocols for that kind of thing."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 10, 2018, 05:37:03 pm »

"Very interesting idea. If it backfires horribly and they come for us, I surmise you're ready for a fight?"
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 11, 2018, 12:43:21 am »

"Nah. I'll probably just surrender. It's just money, after all."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 11, 2018, 12:45:33 am »

Turn will be a little late. External interference. Thanks for understanding.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 31]
« Reply #359 on: August 11, 2018, 02:21:14 pm »

Turn 31 Begins

"So, my friend, now that we're in, what's your strategy?", Nix asks Anthony in the privacy of the viewing box.

Survey the movements of enemy guards, and try and find our two targets. See if there binoculars or anything provided in the viewing box to do this with.
Nix and Antony mull over various strategies. While doing this, the hobbit produces a pair of opera glasses from a container underneath the seat. He brings them up to his eyes and scans over Azirkan's box. The tallest of the guards has a slightly purplish tint to his skin and elfin ears. Said guard soon turns to look right at the M. Inc box, as though he could feel the hobbit's gaze. He maintains this glare for a moment before returning to his job of ordering the other guards around and making sure the box is secure. Judging by his decorated uniform and abnormal features, this must be Agent Anuvo.
*Mechanical sigh*

Repeat previous.
[3]OP-TR makes another attempt at scaling the wall and entering through the window. This time, they succeed, though they came scarily close to falling off on the way up. Judging by the large amount of computer screens on the walls and manned consoles, this appears to be a surveillance room. The perplexing thing is that the two staff inside both appear to be dead; Their throats are slit, and their eyes have been gouged. What the hell happened here?
"I can try. No guarantees."

Jack takes out one of his needles, poking it into one of the doors and attempting to pick the lock.

"Let me know if you need a needle."
At Mana Sol's suggestion, Jack decides to pick a lock or two. [5]After only a moment of fiddling with the most interesting door, Jack is rewarded with a satisfying click and swings the door open. The room inside is filled to the brim with props of all kinds. What stands out the most, though, is a large grey book with a rather stylized image of an eye emblazoned across the cover. Jack picks it up on a whim and begins to flip through only to find that every page is blank. How strange.
Head to our box, take a seat, and observe Azirkan's box.
Osmond heads by the attendant, flashes his 'bodyguard' pass, and takes a seat in the lavish Murder Inc box. From where he is sitting, he can't make out all the fine details of the individual guards in Azirkan's box, but he can see clearly that one of the guards is rather decorated and has unusually elfin features. That's probably Agent Anuvo...

Turn 31 Ends

OOC: Murder, Inc. is now officially the longest running non-minimalist RTD I've ever done. I thank you for your active participation and interest in seeing where this story goes, and hope to see many more turns and revelations as the narrative unfolds. Thanks!
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29