Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll: Do you mind if I shift how Talents work in favor of a superior system to the +X?

Please keep it the way it is
- 0 (0%)
Go ahead
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 06, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29

Author Topic: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 40] (Defunct)  (Read 44074 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 23]
« Reply #270 on: July 28, 2018, 10:40:49 am »

If Antony hears OP-TR or Plugs out in the lounge he'll go out to the doorway and get a report from the machine, and contemplate dragging the couch into the otherwise sparsely decorated briefing room. If he doesn't hear them, he'll instead just carefully inspect the room itself.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 28, 2018, 02:50:28 pm »

Define "Friendly".

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 28, 2018, 03:08:09 pm »

((Antony is in there, so that's probably about as 'friendly' as a life form gets to OP-TR, no?))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 28, 2018, 04:30:02 pm »

((If I can tell that Antony in specific is in there, I'd like to know that.))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 28, 2018, 05:47:45 pm »

"I'll take the small pistol, thank you."

Take the normal semiautomatic as well as appropriate ammunition, then see if the others are at the briefing room.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 24]
« Reply #275 on: July 29, 2018, 07:57:32 am »

Turn 24 Begins

Claymore, Hot knife through butter comes to mind.

First though, see what happens when I swing the other two. They may have their own effects.

Alternatively, and preferably, both Falchion and knife.

Make sure to ask first.
"I'll take the small pistol, thank you."

Take the normal semiautomatic as well as appropriate ammunition, then see if the others are at the briefing room.
Mana Sol next takes both the falchion and knife in each of her hands and carries out a couple test swings. Swinging the knife, she notices nothing out of the ordinary. However, when swinging the falchion she notices the motion seems to cause the blade to faintly glow purple.

Next to her, Nix has already made his decision. Tucking the semiautomatic into the back of his waistband in a "Mexican carry" sort of fashion, Nix makes his way to the briefing room. In the lounge he sees OP-TR and Plugs, standing in front of a slightly ajar door and resting on a couch respectively. Nix slowly opens the door and shuts it behind him when he enters the room. Antony and Osmond are there waiting for the rest of their team. Their eyes light up a bit when they see the hobbit.
Wait.
If Antony hears OP-TR or Plugs out in the lounge he'll go out to the doorway and get a report from the machine, and contemplate dragging the couch into the otherwise sparsely decorated briefing room. If he doesn't hear them, he'll instead just carefully inspect the room itself.

While Osmond is content to wait, Antony takes a more active approach. The good doctor Wittenreisen exits a moment or so after Nix enters. He sees that OP-TR has returned and immediately commands it to give him a report on what it has discovered about the headquarters. Antony then takes notice of Plugs, who is crashing on the couch, and nudges him lightly in an attempt to rouse him from his apparent slumber.
Being habitually wary at first, Plugs had been (perhaps unfairly) mistrustful of the seemingly impeccable hospitality of his new employers.
Now, though, he was getting more of a sense of legitimacy - and forgiveness, considering his team had made something of a mess of their first mission. For the first time in quite a long while, Plugs allows himself to lower his guard somewhat, entwining his hands behind his head and lolling back on the lounge.

'Let's face it,' he thinks smugly to himself, his eyes wandering absently across the sumptuous furnishings, 'That job was 'bout as much of a shambles as possible without actually losing anyone, but here I am - they haven't even had a word about it, let alone stabbed me in the back like half the outfits I used to work for. I haven't been, uh, "liquidated", as Vaskal's gang used to call it. I think,' and here the young man raises his eyebrows as he considers the idea properly for the first time, 'I might actually be able to trust these jokers. Maybe doing a megacorp's dirty work isn't such a bad line of work, after all.'

Doze off whilst pondering my bright future and have myself a lovely nap on this wonderful couch.
Plugs ponders his employment and where it will take him in the future. Before he can fall deep into sleep, however, he feels a rough hand lightly shake his arm. Opening his eyes tiredly, Plugs sees that the hand in question belongs to Dr. Wittenreisen.
Define "Friendly".
Friendly. As in, the DNA is recognized to be that of two of the Sellswords, Osmond and Antony.

Turn 24 Ends

Spoiler: NRDL, Updated (click to show/hide)
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 29, 2018, 08:03:11 am »

Falchion it is then.

Ask the guy in the workshop about the three weapons though. He said I could ask questions.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 29, 2018, 09:49:00 am »

Drag Plugs and the couch into the briefing room. No matter the level of success of this action, sit back down and kick my feet up on something inappropriate.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 29, 2018, 04:32:03 pm »

So, my scanners are capable of reading the DNA of a creature through walls? ...Just want to make sure that you understand this power that you've just given me for the sake of moving the plot along. ;P

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 29, 2018, 04:57:21 pm »

While waiting, inspect my new gun to see how much ammunition it holds, the ideal grip I can use when firing it, checking to see if the iron sights are accurate, anything to improve my chances of successfully using it.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 29, 2018, 09:44:19 pm »

So, my scanners are capable of reading the DNA of a creature through walls? ...Just want to make sure that you understand this power that you've just given me for the sake of moving the plot along. ;P

The door is pretty thin, and you could already do this anyway. Just not through actual walls.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 31, 2018, 08:10:40 am »

Apologies in advance for the doublepost, but since it's related to the state of the game I figured it'd be alright.

Yoink is having to withdraw from the game for the foreseeable future, so Plugs is now in "deep freeze". If ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES can confirm his spot in the next 24 hours or so, he'll be swapping in. Otherwise I'll be messaging TrickleJest. That is all.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 31, 2018, 08:26:15 am »

Yoink does that occasionally. He's bounced in and out of my own game over the years as well.

TrickleJest

• Bay Watcher
  • I write things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 01, 2018, 08:17:40 am »

Post to confirm that I know that I'm aware that my character is being put into the game. Yes.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 25]
« Reply #284 on: August 01, 2018, 08:34:09 am »

Turn 25 Begins

Foreword:This turn is going to be condensed, meaning I'm not typing any dialogue or anything flavorful. The reason is because I'm way past the turn deadline *AND* the computer I was typing the large update shat the bed in the middle of the whole ordeal. Too angry to put any effort in right now and I'm also too late not to post a turn.

Falchion it is then.

Ask the guy in the workshop about the three weapons though. He said I could ask questions.
Knife is normal. Falchion is poisoned. Claymore gets really hot. You're free to take only one.
Drag Plugs and the couch into the briefing room. No matter the level of success of this action, sit back down and kick my feet up on something inappropriate.
The couch won't budge. Antony lazes with his feet on the table anyway.
See my previous response to this question.
While waiting, inspect my new gun to see how much ammunition it holds, the ideal grip I can use when firing it, checking to see if the iron sights are accurate, anything to improve my chances of successfully using it.
[6]Nix gets a temporary Rank 1 talent in Pistols for the duration of the next mission.
Quote from: Osmond
Wait some more.
He does just that.
Post to confirm that I know that I'm aware that my character is being put into the game. Yes.
Write your intro/first action, you're entering the lounge(unless you've got a better idea.)

Turn 25 Ends

OOC:Sorry again for the garbage fire that is this turn, but I can't be arsed to do anything better and I feel pressured to post something at the same time. Also, if I haven't hinted at it enough, the next mission's going to start when every active member hops in the briefing room at once.

Spoiler: NRDL, Updated (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29