Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll: Do you mind if I shift how Talents work in favor of a superior system to the +X?

Please keep it the way it is
- 0 (0%)
Go ahead
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 06, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29

Author Topic: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 40] (Defunct)  (Read 44058 times)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 18]
« Reply #225 on: July 15, 2018, 07:40:16 pm »

"What do you have? If you have any whiskey, that'd be splendid, thanks."

Osmond turns to Antony.

"I don't know exactly what's going on, but it seems like we have a new member of the team, and they don't seem to get along well with OP-TR. They told me to bring him here, but I figure I should ask you first."
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 15, 2018, 07:43:40 pm »

"If you want to get in, I could probably unlock it with some sort of seed or wood pieces."

"Sadly, I lack any such means. Best not to meddle with things. You probably don't have to worry too much, but the likes of me could be killed quite easily if I were to overstep boundaries."

Go look around and see where we can get news on further missions.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 16, 2018, 06:41:07 am »

Antony clears his throat, sniffs his drink then coughs a little.

To the bartender: "I don't think beer is supposed to be salty, but whatever this is, it's giving me a buzz, so it can't be all that bad."

Antony turns to Osmond:

"Ah, that Mana Sol thing. I think she's some kind of nature spirit. Some sort of trickster type, from the look of her. Bring her along if you like. Not sure why she followed OP-TR instead of me. Maybe she doesn't like alcohol? By hte way, Osmond, drink at your own risk." Antony finishes with a wink.

Antony finishes the drink and asks for another: "Surprise me."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 16, 2018, 06:47:17 am »

"If you want to get in, I could probably unlock it with some sort of seed or wood pieces."

"Sadly, I lack any such means. Best not to meddle with things. You probably don't have to worry too much, but the likes of me could be killed quite easily if I were to overstep boundaries."

"Aa. At least you're better than that machine about things. It was going to shoot me just for following."

"Well, shall we look around the place some more?"

Follow, and look around as we do.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 16, 2018, 05:41:32 pm »

"You don't command me. Look me up if you're so curious. OP-tr 2.7, reasonable prices at combatoctosystems.com."

Up the wall, onto one of the turrets. Let's take a closer look at these.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 17, 2018, 08:58:31 am »

"Personnel only? We count as personnel, now," Plugs muses, mostly to himself, "yeah? Reckon they shoulda mentioned 'authorised' in there somewhere, heh."

His interest is only mild, however, and as his teammates disperse he continues on his way.

Mock the sign, snub (or be snubbed by?) my allies, and continue idly exploring.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 20, 2018, 12:41:49 am »

HARK! I COME TO YOU AS THE HAND AND VOICE OF OUR MOST EXALTED GM MALLOS, WHO WISHES FOR ME TO COMMUNICATE TO YOU, OR RATHER FOR ME TO SERVE AS A RELAY FOR HIS DIVINE WORD. QUOTH MALLOS,

"rethi hey
pls tell that i'm big sick cause i am
prob gonna delay for another day"

SO SAYETH HIS EXCELLENCY, WORD FOR WORD. LET IT BE HEREBY KNOWN THAT THE NEXT TURN IS LIABLE NOT TO BE RELEASED WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS, PENDING THE SURVIVAL OF OUR WONDERFUL GM. IN THE SAD CASE THAT HE FINDS HIMSELF DEAD, HE HAS INSTRUCTED ME TO HELP HIM MANIFEST A NEW CORPOREAL FORM SO THAT HE MAY GET THE NEXT TURN DONE IN A HASTY FASHION, BUT THE DELAY STILL MAY BE LONG.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE, AND PRAISED BE THE NAME TOG

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 20, 2018, 10:35:05 am »

Pass on our well wishes to HIS NOBLE EXALTEDNESS, GM OF GMS, and so forth. hang in there, Mallos. Thanks for letting us know you're sick and are still interested in the game!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 19]
« Reply #233 on: July 20, 2018, 09:15:20 pm »

Turn 19 Begins

"What do you have? If you have any whiskey, that'd be splendid, thanks."

Osmond turns to Antony.

"I don't know exactly what's going on, but it seems like we have a new member of the team, and they don't seem to get along well with OP-TR. They told me to bring him here, but I figure I should ask you first."

Antony clears his throat, sniffs his drink then coughs a little.

To the bartender: "I don't think beer is supposed to be salty, but whatever this is, it's giving me a buzz, so it can't be all that bad."

Antony turns to Osmond:

"Ah, that Mana Sol thing. I think she's some kind of nature spirit. Some sort of trickster type, from the look of her. Bring her along if you like. Not sure why she followed OP-TR instead of me. Maybe she doesn't like alcohol? By the way, Osmond, drink at your own risk." Antony finishes with a wink.

Antony finishes the drink and asks for another: "Surprise me."
"Ah, another new guy" the barkeep coughs (nervously?) before producing a glass for Osmond.  "I can try for whisky." He says, hovering a palm over the glass. A caramel-colored spirit of some sort pours from his palm into the glass, filling it halfway up. He drops a little ice in the glass before pushing it forward tentatively. "I'm pretty sure I got it right. I hope so, anyway."

As they converse, Antony slams the rest of the drink. There's a definite tingling in his eyes now. Everything looks sharper and clearer, and the doctor could swear he can faintly hear the heartbeats of the other patrons. As he feels a wave of oncoming dizziness and intense sensation, he reflexively jerks his arm rather hard into the bar. Antony pulls his arm back and realizes that even though the impact was hard enough to give him a sizable bruise, he didn't feel a thing. Maybe he should rethink asking for another drink.
"Aa. At least you're better than that machine about things. It was going to shoot me just for following."

"Well, shall we look around the place some more?"

Follow, and look around as we do.

Nix and Mana Sol decide not to meddle with the door. They then begin yet another trek around the headquarters, this time with the goal of reaching the (De)Briefing Room. It doesn't take Nix long to recall that it was somewhere near the lounge. After returning there, they notice an entryway to another room that bears the label "BRIEFING".

The inside of said room is as one would expect- spacious enough to accommodate a large team of mercenaries and a few officials. It is currently empty, save for a large oval-shaped table with many chairs around it and some documents scattered across it. Maybe if they returned with the rest of their team, something would happen?
"You don't command me. Look me up if you're so curious. OP-tr 2.7, reasonable prices at combatoctosystems.com."

Up the wall, onto one of the turrets. Let's take a closer look at these.
OP-TR outright defies the will of the man controlling the turrets, opting to instead scurry up the wall onto one in order to get a closer look. As it does so, the voice on the speaker expresses its shock and contempt. "YA BASTARD! WHAT TH' HELL D'YA THINK YER DOIN' TO ME TURRET?!" The second turret aims at the first, which the OP-TR is on, and begins to whir menacingly while a slight red glow can be seen coming from the barrel. [4]OP-TR meanwhile scans the turret, revealing that it has a formal classification within the Murder, Inc. provided database as the "PHLOGIGUN MK. II". The database states it is the invention of one Colonel Blair "the Madman" McEntire, a gunsmith-turned-officer that has been serving as Murder, Inc's chief weapons engineer for 21 years. The gun itself fires a cloud of gaseous "phlogiston", a synthetic chemical that burns at insanely high temperatures yet dissipates almost completely after only a second or two.

The maddened screaming of the man coming through the speaker shocks the OP-TR back into realizing the reality of the situation; whoever this is isn't exactly going to stop to look him up. If something isn't done soon, the Phlogigun will fire on OP-TR!
"Personnel only? We count as personnel, now," Plugs muses, mostly to himself, "yeah? Reckon they shoulda mentioned 'authorised' in there somewhere, heh."

His interest is only mild, however, and as his teammates disperse he continues on his way.

Mock the sign, snub (or be snubbed by?) my allies, and continue idly exploring.
Frederek mocks the sign loudly and obnoxiously, scoffing all the while. His allies snub him totally while he is doing so. When he realizes this, he chuckles slightly again, albeit a little sadly, and begins wandering again.

He soon finds himself back in the lounge outside of what is labelled as a "BRIEFING ROOM". Said room's door is ajar, and he can tell from the faint sounds within that there must be someone in there.

Turn 19 Ends

OOC:Well, I'm back. I slept a hell of a lot today and feel a lot better. Boy do I need to work on remembering to take my medications... anyhow, enjoy the turn or something.
Spoiler: Ozarck, Updated (click to show/hide)
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 20, 2018, 09:17:41 pm »

Check what's inside the documents.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 20, 2018, 09:21:05 pm »

Sniff the drink. If nothing's amiss, take a sip.

"Say, doctor, are you feeling okay?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 20, 2018, 09:23:47 pm »

"Don't go around threatening to vaporize random people. It's rude. Unfortunately for you, I'm built for murder and not the forgiving type."

Watch the second turret charge up a shot, then just before it fires drop down from the turret I'm mantling, causing the termination of one adversary. Then mantle the remaining turret before it can recharge, and sever the power cable.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 21, 2018, 02:59:48 am »

"Sure, sure, I'm fine. That drink seems to have enhanced my senses and made me dizzy is all. So, you know, good stuff. Thanks bartender. I never caught your name. Well, something tells me we are supposed to be heading to the briefing room soon. How about it, Osmond? Ready for another adventure?"Antony chills with Osmond and the bartender until either Osmond wishes to go to the briefing room, or we are recalled there by an officer or something. He leaves instruction at the bar to tell OP-TR where he went, should that being remember his orders and carry them out.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 21, 2018, 12:14:30 pm »

"Ready? No, not at all. I'm sure a drink should change that relatively quickly, though. I'll be quick about things, of course. Don't want to keep anybody waiting about... and, hey, bartender, you sure this stuff is safe to drink?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 21, 2018, 04:30:45 pm »

"He's not. Drink it at your own risk, Os. Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to speak for you, there."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29