Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll: Do you mind if I shift how Talents work in favor of a superior system to the +X?

Please keep it the way it is
- 0 (0%)
Go ahead
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 06, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29

Author Topic: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 40] (Defunct)  (Read 43861 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 1: Trouble In Paradise [Turn 9]
« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2018, 06:58:20 am »

They barely tolerate me, so you have advantage!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 1: Trouble In Paradise [Turn 10]
« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2018, 01:01:33 pm »

Turn 10 Begins

You know we're still interested. Everyone is still posting actions and is engaged in events.

I guess finish up the killing before attempting to revert to human form and recovering from that nasty wound.
[1+1vs5]Antony barrels toward Thala, arms extended, with the intent to finish her off. She jumps to the side at the last second, leaving the wolfman to close his arms around thin air. Bummer. [5]Suddenly, Antony swears he can hear a distant voice. It sounds like... him? The internal voice tells him to calm down and breathe slowly. He does his best to follow these instructions, and soon begins to notice his transformation is reversing. In a few measly seconds, the wolfman returns to his former lanky and lean human form. With this sudden alteration to his physiology, his wounds have all but completely healed. He is, however, very exhausted.
Try and sneak attack an acolyte, someone low level. Pray this goes well.
[1+1vs6]Uttering a prayer to no god in particular, Nix advances hurriedly toward the closest of Thala's acolytes. Yes! They're totally oblivious, this should go perfectly-"Idiot! One of them is right next to you!" The initiate turns at the last second and jabs the hobbit straight in the throat, knocking the wind out of him totally. The sudden shock of the blow knocks out considerably smaller hobbit and leaves him temporarily incapacitated. So much for faith moving mountains.
The hell did I just sleep through. And why am I not surprised that Oz was invol
I'm going to shut up and play the game now

Unable to attract attention from here... eliminate that order due to inability to complete.
Next order, 'weapons free if we've gone hot'. We've certainly done so, but there is no enemy around to engage, so I cannot act on this now.
That is all of my received orders, so I move one step down to
Directive two: Complete the mission
The current mission is defined as:
'[blah blah blah] capture an artifact of particular interest to the Corporation [blah blah blah] an ancient blade forged by a secret society in antiquity [blah blah] acquired by one of the wealthy in a recent auction. Her name is Thala [blah blah] Infiltrate her estate and acquire the blade- [blah blah blah]'
Therefore, I should seek this artifact, and bring it back to the rendezvous point, engaging any enemy units that I meet.

Got all that? I need to go get that sword, from wherever it may be hiding. Apparently the owner was going to use it in a ritual, so she might have it on her. Guess I should try to find her, huh?
Shifting back to the main focus of the mission, the OP-TR quickly scurries out of Thala's bedroom. It then begins to explore the hallways in search of somewhere a ritual would be likely performed. [4]While roaming, it detects faint sounds of conflict. Naturally, the miniature robot paths toward them and finds itself at a foyer bordered to the north by a jagged-mouthed entrance to a much more spacious chamber. Its scanners detect lifeforms inside, three of which have genetic traces identified as belonging to teammates.
"Agh! Shit! Fuck!"

Spitting some agitated monosyllables and scrambling backwards in an ungainly fashion, Plugs seems dangerously close to losing his cool.
He calculates that the cyborg leaping into action so dramatically should buy him a little time, though, so after observing the impressive spectacle just momentarily, he turns and legs it.

Continue my retreat whilst Thala is so amply distracted!
Once in the foyer, attempt to calm down and medicate my wound as described in my previous action. Although, maybe hold off on using the stuff in the flask for now, lest it turn out to be something similar to what she just threw at me...

[5]Plugs, motivated by fear, quickly jumps to his feet and immediately starts for the exit. His heart is beating hard enough that he can hear his pulse in his ears, and his breathing is dangerously close to ragged. It's perfectly understandable- many wouldn't handle a sudden burst of lightning nearly melting their face off very well. The air is cooler in the foyer than in the ritual chamber- Plugs would appreciate the sudden temperature shift cooling the sweat on his skin if he weren't so thoroughly shaken.
Sorry, I'm back.

Look for something, anything, that would serve as a makeshift shield. If I find one, pick it up in my offhand and enter. If I don't, keep watching from a distance.
[3]While looking for a makeshift shield, Osmond finds a large scrap of the torn-apart entrance to the darkened chamber and lifts it. Although he can't wear it on an arm, he could raise it to deflect a lethal blow, and that's probably all that matters anyway. It doesn't get much brighter when Osmond enters the chamber, but his eyes soon adjust. There is a female with a wounded arm standing next to a shining silver blade in the center. As he enters, she notices him and speaks. "Damn it! How many of you are there?"
Quote from: Wireshark
Alert! Object of importance "Peregrine Nix" is in grave danger!
Wireshark dashes toward the initiate who just knocked out Nix, ready to pistol-whip him into submission. [6vs3]A loud crack is heard as the impact rings through their right shoulder and knocks them onto their back. The pain alone is enough to render Thala's penultimate initiate out of commission.

After all this considerable usage of his weakened ankles, Wireshark feels them crack apart under the strain. The cyborg falls to his knees, unable to support his heavy steel body with his damaged legs.
Quote from: Thala
"Prepare for a painful death!"
After these words of warning, Thala grins wickedly and produces a pouch from inside her armored robes. She pours a good deal of it into her right hand before muttering something under her breath and tossing it toward Wireshark. While in the air, it takes on a sudden orange glow.[2vs1+1]Due to a combination of her sloppy throw and Wireshark's half-hearted attempt at dodging, only a very small amount of it hits the cyborg's right arm. A localized portion of his arm is immediately degraded into nothingness, but considering the very small zone of impact, that doesn't amount to much. The rest of the powder drifting through the air vanishes suddenly before it can even hit the ground.

Next to her, Thala's last initiate withdraws a curved knife from his vestments. With a sudden surge of dedication, they shout the following, "I will defend you to my death! Glory to the Stars!"
This one will probably launch a counter-attack on the next person to target Thala.

Turn 10 Ends
OOC: We're back from a roughly 6-day hiatus for our 10 turn anniversary. Whee. It took me ten turns to notice I was saying 'OPR' instead of 'OP-TR'. :P
Spoiler: Ozarck, Updated (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL, Updated (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 02:08:00 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 1: Trouble In Paradise [Turn 10] (Hiatus Over!)
« Reply #137 on: June 27, 2018, 01:18:29 pm »

"I love it when a fight comes together."

Enter. Abscond with the rapier.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 02:16:23 pm by Egan_BW »

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 27, 2018, 02:02:16 pm »

Enter. Noticing Thalia and her mission objective sword, scurry forth, climb up her body, and sever the hand holding the sword with my knife. Then abscond with the rapier.

The sword is on the ground, my dude.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2018, 02:03:12 pm »

Why is it still in her inventory, then.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2018, 02:07:23 pm »

Why is it still in her inventory, then.
Error. But to be fair, I do believe I described it as otherwise at least twice.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2018, 02:16:04 pm »

Over a week ago, in a fight that I was not part of~

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2018, 02:21:21 pm »

Quote from: Turn 10
There is a female with a wounded arm standing next to a shining silver blade in the center.
There's also that, but whatever. No big deal. Just a small detail in another's action(which I'm not preventing you from reading, by the way. Just don't metagame it.)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2018, 05:45:31 pm »

Enough of us to take the blade. No hard feelings, right?

Try and cut down the last acolyte. Keep him between myself and the witch.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2018, 06:35:26 pm »

Try to wake up.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2018, 07:39:34 pm »

Run Away. Out the way I came. If I find Plugs, take him with me.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2018, 04:42:25 am »

((Oh yay! Welcome back!))

Inspect the strange wound on my hand. What state is it in? If it seems to be spreading up my arm or otherwise worsening, try to tourniquet it, with one of my bootlaces if I can find nothing better.

If the doctor comes through, follow him, naturally.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 1: Trouble In Paradise [Turn 11]
« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2018, 07:11:45 pm »

Turn 11 Begins

The battle between the Sellswords and Thala is at its peak. 'Quicksilver', a sword forged in a forgotten era, lies on the ground.

Enter. Abscond with the rapier.
Seeing this, the OP-TR moves hurriedly toward the mission objective. [4]One of its many limbs is extended toward the blade. In one fluid motion, it scoops 'Quicksilver' up and exits the room the way it came. The witch, of course, is greatly displeased. A string of curses too foul to put to paper is directed at the droid, its creator, its creator's parents and anything these individuals have ever cared for.
Enough of us to take the blade. No hard feelings, right?

Try and cut down the last acolyte. Keep him between myself and the witch.
The knight positions himself infront of the last of Thala's disciples, so as to protect himself from any surprise attacks. [4+1vs2]Osmond relentlessly cleaves the final initiate's skull asunder. The corpse immediately crumples to the ground with a resounding thud. With that, Thala's acolytes are no more.
Try to wake up.
[4]Peregrin Nix awakens suddenly, his throat considerably sore. The hobbit rubs at the large and aching bruise. He's lucky that the impact didn't collapse his trachea, or he'd be in considerably worse shape. Nix forces himself up to his feet and picks his knife back up; he's ready for what little of a fight there is left.
Run Away. Out the way I came. If I find Plugs, take him with me.
Inspect the strange wound on my hand. What state is it in? If it seems to be spreading up my arm or otherwise worsening, try to tourniquet it, with one of my bootlaces if I can find nothing better.

If the doctor comes through, follow him, naturally.

[6-1]Battling exhaustion and what feels like starvation, the good Doctor Wittinreisen flees from the wretched chamber. Discretion is the better part of valor.

Plugs inspects his hand closely. The wound doesn't seem to be worsening, but is definitely still bleeding. As he presses his other hand to the wound, Plugs notices a distinct lack of sensation. It should hurt to press on it this hard. He also notices that both his hands are noticeably jittery(though this might just be from the tension of the situation). From the north enters Antony. The Doctor shouts at Plugs to follow him. Having already felt the urge to flee himself, the amateur thug doesn't hesitate to follow him back to the study window. Antony and Plugs both exit the estate through the same way they entered.
Quote from: Wireshark
Designation 'OP-TR 2.7 G12' reports objective secured! Initiating protocol 'Deal with loose ends'.
[1+1vs6]Wireshark aims one of his handcannons at Thala, ready to finish what he started. She sees this coming, though, and reacts faster than he can aim by throwing herself to the ground. The shot goes wide.
Quote from: Thala
I can't believe this! It's all because of them... all because of THEM!
Thala literally foams at the mouth from her position on the ground. In spite of all the anger boiling inside her, the eminent witch retains some degree of control over herself.  She quickly rises up and draws the same bag of powder from before. "With this last bag of brimstone, I'm going to blow you to smithereens!", Thala gestures at the two Sellswords closest to her(Wireshark and Osmond).[4+1vsAuto2,5]As a last ditch effort, she chants the same words as the last time and lobs the whole bag like a grenade. It lands right between the two of them, in a perfect position to annihilate them both. Wireshark can't do anything in his disabled state, a fact his logic drives note hopelessly. The pouch begins glowing brightly.

Osmond stares into the radiance. Time seems to slow as he is pulled back to a distant memory of his days in a mercenary company. Once before he had been in a similar situation, his battle brothers hunkering down behind a broken wall with him. It seemed any moment now they'd be ready to advance on the enemy and finish the grueling battle. They'd be sitting pretty after this one for sure- at least, so they thought. A smooth metal sphere about the size of Osmond's fist had flew over the barrier that had been shielding them from enemy archers. It glew the same way this very bag did. The next moment, his ears were ringing. He smelled smoke and fire, and heard the screams of his comrades. Osmond himself was laying in a puddle of his own blood- most of the shrapnel had hit the others instead. His regenerative abilities saved him. Nevertheless, the traumas of the event had stuck with him.

That's why he wasn't going to let the same thing happen twice. Osmond dropped his makeshift shield and furiously clutched the bag, hurling it straight back at Thala. Never again would he fail his allies, not like this. The radiance magnified greatly the second the pouch impacted Thala's chest; the ensuing explosion lit up the entire room and shook the ceiling. The smoke cleared and revealed almost nothing of her was left, save for the charm she wore around her neck.

Osmond sighed to himself. Never again.

Turn 11 Ends
Spoiler: OP-TR, Updated (click to show/hide)

OOC:Let me know if you have any issues with the turn, as usual. Especially the part with me making a few assumptions about Osmond for the sake of the narrative. If that bothers you, Rethi, let me know. It just came to me with him being a veteran mercenary and all, and I figured I could add some tension/drama to the whole situation(and it didn't exactly seem out of character from what I've been told about Osmond).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 07:17:58 pm by Mallos »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 1: Trouble In Paradise [Turn 11] (Hiatus Over!)
« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2018, 08:19:31 pm »

"The human is annoyed to lose her toy. How amusing."

Welp, back to the extraction point!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29