Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll: Do you mind if I shift how Talents work in favor of a superior system to the +X?

Please keep it the way it is
- 0 (0%)
Go ahead
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 06, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29

Author Topic: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 40] (Defunct)  (Read 43875 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 1: Trouble In Paradise [Turn 8]
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2018, 10:14:22 am »

(Antony probably shouldn't be making rolls to avoid attacking temamates, since turn 7 saw his rage directed at Thala with the explanation that Antony would have no choice but to attack her until one of them is dead.) That said, do the thing. I literally shredded a vault door mere moments ago - these 'obstacles' between myself and my prey are nothing. Leap bodily onto the stack, bowlign them over with my size, and claw through or between the acolytes to strike Thala. If she is exposed at any point enough to do so, bite her.

(("Targeted Rage" aside, you guys might want to rethink helping Antony out here. It's unlikely Thala's gonna last much longer in this situation. Best case scenario, we kill each other, and you guys have nothing to do but loot the corpses. Worst case ... well, for Antony, worst case is he is killed by Thala, leaving you guys free to take her down. For you guys, I think the worst case might be the reverse. Not really sure how Antony's werewolf form stacks up combat-wise to the robot, though.))

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2018, 10:36:10 am »

(Antony probably shouldn't be making rolls to avoid attacking temamates, since turn 7 saw his rage directed at Thala with the explanation that Antony would have no choice but to attack her until one of them is dead.)

You've a keener memory than mine, it seems. I forgot about that! Sorry, I'll fix it and it probably won't happen again.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2018, 10:45:19 am »

(Antony probably shouldn't be making rolls to avoid attacking temamates, since turn 7 saw his rage directed at Thala with the explanation that Antony would have no choice but to attack her until one of them is dead.)

You've a keener memory than mine, it seems. I forgot about that! Sorry, I'll fix it and it probably won't happen again.
No problem, boss. I expected Werewolf Antony to be problematic when he loses control anyway, so no big deal. Life doesn't always go by rules, after all. :P

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2018, 12:35:10 pm »

This ring seems somewhat dangerous...

Slip it on my right hand's ring finger before going to see what all the commotion's about. Try to stay hidden.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2018, 04:48:31 pm »

Stay hidden, the situation seems to be under control at the moment. Stay vigilant, as best as I can.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2018, 06:49:48 pm »

Start breaking things. Anything that seems rare or valuable. Especially irreplaceable magic artifacts.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2018, 02:29:13 am »

"Gaaaah!"
With a somewhat shocked cry of pain, Plugs stumbles backwards, taking just a brief glance at his wounded hand before deciding on a prompt tactical retreat. Holding his injured appendage before him, he turns and lurches towards the door he entered through.

Retreat to the foyer! Once there, lean against a wall and try to calm my heartbeat, slowing the flow of blood and whatever might have infiltrated it.
See if there's anything handy with which to tourniquet my... hand, otherwise use one of my bootlaces for the task.
If I'm struggling too much to undo said bootlace, or if I feel myself becoming weak from my injury, say to hell with it and pour just a single drop from the flask I found onto the wound. Wait and gauge its effects before acting further.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 1: Trouble In Paradise [Turn 9]
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2018, 05:43:01 am »

Turn 9 Begins

(Antony probably shouldn't be making rolls to avoid attacking teammates, since turn 7 saw his rage directed at Thala with the explanation that Antony would have no choice but to attack her until one of them is dead.) That said, do the thing. I literally shredded a vault door mere moments ago - these 'obstacles' between myself and my prey are nothing. Leap bodily onto the stack, bowling them over with my size, and claw through or between the acolytes to strike Thala. If she is exposed at any point enough to do so, bite her.
[1+1vs3+1]Antony lets out a roar of primal rage before lunging at his adversary with one claw out. Against the unlikely odds, Thala repels the leaping wolfman the moment he enters her range with a precise strike to his outstretched arm. Her blade severs his brachial artery as well as transmuting an indeterminate amount of blood in his arm into mercury. The silvery fluid gushes out at a rapid pace and coats the floor.

"No mere beast is going to topple my reign."
This ring seems somewhat dangerous...

Slip it on my right hand's ring finger before going to see what all the commotion's about. Try to stay hidden.

Meanwhile, in the study...
Osmond sighs aloud as he looks at the ring in his hand. He knows it's probably dangerous, but figures his regenerative powers might save him. Against his better judgement, he slips it on and immediately feels its power. His muscles tense and his knees feel weak. Osmond soon notices that his hands are glowing with the same green light as the ring. How odd.

Osmond makes his way toward the commotion, finding himself in a large foyer bordered to the north by an empty doorframe. [4] The figures inside vaguely resemble Antony and Plugs, but the others are unknown to him. If he would enter the room he'd see better.
Stay hidden, the situation seems to be under control at the moment. Stay vigilant, as best as I can.
[4+1]Peregrine Nix stays perfectly hidden. There isn't any way they can see him from this distance and in this light anyway, so he may as well be invisible. Judging from the bestial cry of pain, the wolfman has likely suffered an injury of some sort. Nix draws his blade just in case.
Start breaking things. Anything that seems rare or valuable. Especially irreplaceable magic artifacts.
There appear to be no magical artifacts nearby, but there is plenty of expensive furniture to shoot holes in and the bot does just that. Not only will anyone showing up be on guard, but they will also be upset at the disheveled state of the formerly beautiful bedroom.
"Gaaaah!"
With a somewhat shocked cry of pain, Plugs stumbles backwards, taking just a brief glance at his wounded hand before deciding on a prompt tactical retreat. Holding his injured appendage before him, he turns and lurches towards the door he entered through.

Retreat to the foyer! Once there, lean against a wall and try to calm my heartbeat, slowing the flow of blood and whatever might have infiltrated it.
See if there's anything handy with which to tourniquet my... hand, otherwise use one of my bootlaces for the task.
If I'm struggling too much to undo said bootlace, or if I feel myself becoming weak from my injury, say to hell with it and pour just a single drop from the flask I found onto the wound. Wait and gauge its effects before acting further.

[1]Plugs is horrified by the state of his hand, so doesn't look at it for too long before legging it out of the room. Or at least he would, if he didn't just trip over a loose shoelace and faceplant straight into the marble floor. The amateur thug quickly rises from the ground and feels his face. To his relief, nothing has been seriously hurt (except for his pride). To his terror, Plugs hears a maddened giggle from behind him. Thala has shaken her devotees from her body and seeks to finish the job! [4vs2+1]The witch draws a vial of some sort from the inside of her coat and launches it at Plugs, but he manages to roll to the side at the last second. When it strikes the ground behind him it releases a large burst of fuming blue energy that quickly vanishes. The spot of impact has been melted, the marble reduced into a steaming slurry of some kind.

Plugs definitely wouldn't have survived a direct hit from that...
Quote from: Wireshark
ALERT: Designated object of importance "Plugs" is in danger!
Seeing Plugs nearly dodge the alchemical bomb that would've killed him otherwise has engaged some form of emergency protocol in Wireshark's programming. The borg launches itself full-force into the air before unloading the remaining ammunition in his pistols toward Thala and her initiates (the angle he is at prevents him from hitting Antony, so he's fine with going the whole nine yards). [5vs5,5,3,2,1] While Thala manages to quickly muster a rudimentary mystic shield using a bit of stardust she has stored in her pocket, the bullet pierces through nevertheless and strikes her sword arm. The explosive payload inside it was expended breaking the shield, but the tip remains and tears a nasty hole open in her shoulder. 'Quicksilver' clatters to the ground. As for her initiates, one was hardly grazed, the next incapacitated and the remaining two killed. [4]The shock of the blow nearly throws her to the ground, but she remains upright. None of the noises that come out of Thala's mouth form words, but they communicate her inordinate rage all the same.

Turn 9 Ends
Spoiler: Ozarck, Updated (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rethi-Eli, Updated (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2018, 06:22:12 am »

looks like werewolf form is rather useless. fighting on even grounds against an unmodified human, pinned by her own acolytes, in spite of his alleged massive strength and presumed speed.

"Against the unlikely odds"? 1d6+1 v 1d6+1 is "even odds."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2018, 06:47:27 am »

wahh, I suck at GMing. god i'm mercurial
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 12:00:22 pm by Mallos »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2018, 07:41:05 am »

-snip-

have fun, gang!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 12:50:44 pm by Ozarck »

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2018, 07:50:49 am »

melodrama melodrama melodrama
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 11:59:58 am by Mallos »

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2018, 11:58:09 am »

I doubt anyone is still interested after that debacle, but I'm reopening the thread. Game's still going. I'm still improving, and it's been a long time since I've actually ran a game. This is me trying to get my feet wet again, so fair warning:

If you're expecting competence, don't bother. Consider this a semi-minimalist fuckfest from now on, because despite the over-arcing plot it will probably pan out as one until I'm not so fuckin' rusty.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2018, 12:52:37 pm »

You know we're still interested. Everyone is still posting actions and is engaged in events.

I guess finish up the killing before attempting to revert to human form and recovering from that nasty wound.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2018, 01:15:05 pm »

Try and sneak attack an acolyte, someone low level. Pray this goes well.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29