Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll: Do you mind if I shift how Talents work in favor of a superior system to the +X?

Please keep it the way it is
- 0 (0%)
Go ahead
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 06, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29

Author Topic: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 40] (Defunct)  (Read 43892 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 15]
« Reply #180 on: July 10, 2018, 06:26:02 am »

"Hello, Mana Sol. I am Doctor Wittenreisin. Did you want me for something?"

Greetings and politenesses.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 10, 2018, 07:37:50 am »

[Note: I don't think I introduced myself, unless I have Telepathy. Eh, let's go with that.]

One of those computers They made.

"I was supposed to meet my new.. Teammates out here. Are you them?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 10, 2018, 07:44:31 am »

((my robot identified you for me))

"possibly. They haven't told us yet. We just got back from a mission. I think the others are either in the infirmary or off buying stuff. The smart ones are getting drunk right now."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 10, 2018, 07:48:46 am »

"I Suppose I shouldn't be surprised."

She tilts her head a bit and smiles, hands behind her.

"Well, if they're not here, mind taking a look around with me?" she asks.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 10, 2018, 08:15:20 am »

Antony groans, leans back, and throws his arm across his forehead.

"Not really in the mood for sightseeing, miss."

He sits up suddenly.

"I did mention a drink though. Let's go find the canteen.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 10, 2018, 08:16:42 am »

"Lead the way then."

« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 08:20:08 am by TricMagic »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 10, 2018, 09:08:55 am »

"Hello, Sol. I believe that I am a component of this 'team' to which you refer. I foresee working with you being a fresh experience."

More privately:
"Docter, I will note to you that Bound EntityMana Sol is likely quite powerful, even in its current state. I presume that you would like for me to protect you when possible, but I am not a bodyguard. My manner of protection is preemptive, messy, and not always effective.
In short, be careful. Please."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 10, 2018, 09:16:36 am »

"...You as well."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 10, 2018, 09:55:49 am »

"Thank you, OP-TR. Speaking of being careful, I'd like you to do a full scouting of our new home. Discover what we have access too, where the off limits areas are (don't go in any, mind you), and how many and what kinds of compatriots we have on hand. Return to me in the Cantina. If I am not there, check my room. If I am not there, check the hospital. If I am not there, report to our handler, and then find Plugs and follow his commands."

To the cantina! Music, alcohol, Networking with

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 10, 2018, 10:00:48 am »

Slip away from the Doctor and follow the Machine.

Spoiler: Inner Thought (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 03:53:48 pm by TricMagic »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 10, 2018, 03:49:56 pm »

Green, huh? I... hmm.

Peek under the door. If all I see is smoke, enter.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 10, 2018, 10:57:17 pm »

Take a look around. I'd rather not be followed. And I distrust this spirit.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Intermission Phase (Headquarters) [Turn 16]
« Reply #192 on: July 12, 2018, 01:11:29 am »

Turn 16 Begins

"Some...thing, burned out my eyes. I can't see out of them, at all. Please help me."

Hope whatever this thing is doesn't fuck me up too badly.
"Hm. Some kind of burns those are... hold still", The Nurse restrains Nix with a single tendril around his shoulders. The hobbit is shocked at the tentacle's contact, and squirms uncomfortably while wondering if this thing that's going to heal him is even humanoid. Before he can make much progress down that train of thought, something gently smears a gross jelly-like substance over his wounded eyes. [6+1]After a few moments of uncomfortable numbness, Nix feels his stomach contract as he begins to violently retch.

The retching ends and he finds his sight has returned to him, but on a different level. It seems that if he concentrates hard enough he can see even the most minute details on the walls around him- he can even 'zoom in' far enough to clearly spot the gaps between molecules. At the cost of often making himself dizzy, Nix can now see down to the molecular level.

"What an interesting result... be on your way" The monstrous being in front of him states flatly.
"Thank you, OP-TR. Speaking of being careful, I'd like you to do a full scouting of our new home. Discover what we have access too, where the off limits areas are (don't go in any, mind you), and how many and what kinds of compatriots we have on hand. Return to me in the Cantina. If I am not there, check my room. If I am not there, check the hospital. If I am not there, report to our handler, and then find Plugs and follow his commands."

To the cantina! Music, alcohol, Networking with
Slip away from the Doctor and follow the Machine.
Take a look around. I'd rather not be followed. And I distrust this spirit.
With the introductions over, Antony decides to invite his new comrade out for a drink. The doctor consults nearby sign and follows the route it lays out to the Cantina. About halfway there, he notices that the spirit is gone. He wonders where the mysterious entity could have wondered off to, and even momentarily worries it may be up to some mischief, but ultimately decides he needs that beer.

The Cantina is a suprisingly quiet place, especially considering the crowd. It seems as though most everyone who would be in other parts of the HQ are here right now- maybe it's Happy Hour? A low mumble resonates through the bar as Antony enters and takes stock of his surroundings. The bartender is, well, tending to the bar. A few seedy individuals sit clustered at one end, and the more ordinary ones are scattered. How underwhelming... at least there's alcohol, though.

OP-TR makes their way toward more uncharted areas of the headquarters, as directed. What they didn't quite expect was for Mana Sol to follow after them. This sudden action triggers caution protocols, and the OP-TR attempts to shake them off. [1vs1]OP-TR fails to find an adequate hiding place or detour, and freezes up for a second while in deep thought. Mana Sol stops as well to match their pace, albeit much more abruptly, and winds up falling ass-over-teakettle to the ground. Despite the fall, Mana Sol isn't seriously harmed.
Green, huh? I... hmm.

Peek under the door. If all I see is smoke, enter.
As Osmond ponders on the green smoke, the pile of gold coins that was once his sword reverts to their original form. After sighing with relief, the knight sheathes his blade and gets back on task. He drops to the floor slowly and tries peeking under the door, but all he can see is smoke. Determined to figure out what's going on, he swings the door open and enters... Result hidden for all but Rethi-Eli.

Turn 16 Ends
Spoiler: NRDL, Updated (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 05:18:08 am by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 12, 2018, 01:29:40 am »

[DOUBLE REDACTED, ALSO SECRET ACTION PM'D BECAUSE SECRET TURN WARRANTS SECRET ACTION AMIRITE]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 02:02:39 am by Rethi-Eli »
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 12, 2018, 01:35:18 am »

The octopede begins to whirr loudly with the sound of its CPU fan, and it suddenly interjects, clearly annoyed.
"Would you mind pissing off, spirit? You are clearly following me, and I would rather you didn't. Far away. Or I'll stab you."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29