Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Last Argument of Kings OOC-Thread  (Read 6141 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Last Argument of Kings OOC-Thread
« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2018, 06:26:36 am »

well caveat lighter armor, otherwise you are good to roll and can begin posting.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2018, 04:24:09 pm »

well caveat lighter armor, otherwise you are good to roll and can begin posting.

changed it to lighter armour, ehm free to roll for what ? Also, do I start somewhat close to court ic wise ?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2018, 05:04:56 pm »

changed it to lighter armour, ehm free to roll for what ? Also, do I start somewhat close to court ic wise ?

Since this is a free RP, you are free to start anywhere.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2018, 01:17:57 am »

basically what Ardas said, and what i meant with good to roll is that you can start playing.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2018, 08:53:03 am »

In other news, i don't accept non-bolded actions

So bold that shit so i can see what is action and what is rp.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2018, 12:43:28 pm »

[Just to be clear, the only reason I am not posting in the IC thread is that Erin is not particularly applicable at the moment. I am still following the thread, and will butt in when I see it appropriate.]
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2018, 12:59:17 pm »

Likewise, I'm sort of done for the turn, unless anyone wants to speak with me.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2018, 01:05:19 pm »

Well, I will be sending out the summons to the Diet now, so everyone is free to appear in Risfurt next turn I suppose?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 05, 2018, 01:21:28 pm »

Well then i will advance time a few weeks to the meeting with Lady Gudrun and after that we will segue into summer for the Diet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 05, 2018, 01:22:48 pm »

And we are done! Can't wait to see things move.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2018, 07:47:16 am »

Sorry for double-posting, had a thought for a god, so I just wanted to get that out.

Storvar: god of civilization, trade and law. Keeper of the oaths and the dealer of just dues, Storvar is a popular patron of all moneymakers, travellers and is invoked as the judge of disputes. Vaults of Storvar are often commerce courts, treasuries and trade exchanges all rolled into one. While the Keepers of the Vault serve the deity by offering sacrifices and blessings and receive donations, their supposed incorruptibility is often used as a guarantee of executing wills or trade contracts. This can sometimes rival with the royal power that was considered too weak with the decline of the old High Kingdom.
In the older days, the god used to be invoked as an oathkeeper and bloody avenger, but with growth of civilization, blood pacts and retributions became more civilized and monetary in nature, hence the shift. Old Stones of Storvar, precursor to the Vaults, are still sometimes used by vengeful men and women as invocation and sacrifice spots to make their personal wrongs right.   
Book of Storvar is a common law guide for mercantile and commercial affairs, compiled from various records and precedence judgements of Vault Keepers, which was seen as a necessity after the failure of High Kingdom and the desperate need to preserve some stability. Expanded with appendices and added to with landmark cases, it is an ever-evolving compendium of common law for the lawless and king-less regions of the old monarchy.
The greatest Vault in the land can be found in Risfurt, opposite to the City Hall. While useful in preserving the prosperity of the place, the independence of the Keepers is slowly clashing with the ambitious Riskovs and the slow resurgence of royal power.

Yay, nay?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2018, 11:42:12 am »

Coinage of the realm

Argas used (and still uses) the old currency of the High Kingdom, organised by weights and the coins struck from precious metals. The coinage is divided into Pennies, Shields and Crowns, all of them being various weights and divisions of the gold Crown in ratio 20:5:1. Royal and noble accounts are measured by number of crowns, which are usually multiples of smaller coins. Various sizes and weights of coins are produced, but for the most part, the kingdom lives and dies by the penny, which usually is a day's wage for an unskilled man.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 07, 2018, 11:51:43 am »

A question: is this still open for new players? I have an idea for a prospector/natural philospher coming north.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 07, 2018, 12:00:36 pm »

We're always open to new players. You can discuss your proposed character here, or you could hop onto the Discord (text only) to discuss it faster:
https://discord.gg/tFgJgTp

(PS: Ghaz, you should edit that link into the first post)
Long Live United Forenia!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2018, 06:14:27 am »

Yup still open, Indiana Jones is welcome although we already have an inventor. You might do better however if you chose a noble who does this things as a hobby.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9