Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 138906 times)

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #285 on: June 04, 2018, 09:09:50 am »

I had 1 FP last turn. I get 1 FP for free and 1 FP from Jotun's worship. That means I got 3 extra FP; I'm assuming from Cait Sith's research but I'd like to know for sure.

Also TricMagic you keep mentioning this plan of your's but I haven't actually seen any actual plan or research or even a Divine project. Honestly I'm not even sure what is going on or even what you are asking me to do. Importantly I also do get any indication that your plan is even going to work, which is worrying for me because you are asking me to sink almost all of my resources into this. I just recently joined and I'm pretty behind the other gods so I need to try and spend my FP efficiently.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 04, 2018, 09:24:43 am »

Well, you are a God of Magic. We basically need Izzith's Blessing in this endeavor.

After this, we plan to research magic, and use it. That should give you FP rather regularly.

I'm kinda hoping for Mabel and Blarg to pitch in too.

All 10 Cait Sith workers are working on Magical Flight this turn.

If it doesn't work that way, we'll sure to get a bunch of Magic Research this turn. If it does work, we can focus on Magic to build Houses. That's FP for you each time we build more, not to mention FP whenever we make more workers, or train people in magic.

We've been building the food stock for this a while now. I may not need a god's Blessing on this, but it would certainly help us out.

We won't be able to do this for a while afterward otherwise.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 09:27:47 am by TricMagic »

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 04, 2018, 11:02:57 am »

The People
3 workers forage at I4 with 3 crude tools
1 worker forages at H4 with 1 crude tool
4 workers research Primitive Spearmaking
2 workers pray to Amastay
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 04:12:36 pm by The_Two_Eternities »
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 04, 2018, 11:06:01 am »

I think this is going to be way more expensive than you imagine. Let me try to break it down:

Your Goal - Add flight as a second trait to your civilization

Payment - 10 labor + XFP from various gods

In this situation what you are contributing to the goal is meaningless, 10 labor is what it cost Jotun to build an Orchard. It would cost way more than that to add a trait just for game balance reasons.

So the only way this is possible is basically entirely depending on the gods, and that would likely take at least 20+ combined FP I'm guessing. If I were running the game I would actually make it something like 50FP and then something like 200FP for a third trait.

Edit: That's from the perspective of a god using FP of course. I guess since I've been so negative I'll try to be more constructive and give some suggestions from your perspective.

From a civ's perspective trying to develop a second trait should probably be thought of as a 'wonder'. That is first you should research tech to actually accomplish what the wonder does, then tech to contruct it, and finally put in tons of labor to actually build it.

Example: The Grand Dam - A massive dam that controls a river, it prevents droughts and flooding and boosts agriculture along the river.
First research Irrigation, Flood control, and maybe Aqueducts and Wells - This lets you actually do what the wonder is for, controlling water flow
Second research all the construction techniques needed to actually build it, an example might be Ancient Concrete (like the Romans used) to create a watertight seal
Third actually gather the materials and spend tons of labor building the damn thing

You currently don't know how to fly with magic at all, let alone innately, you should probably research spells that let your mages fly as a baseline. Then research tech like Enchantment and Ritual Casting so that you can actually enhance your population. Finally train a bunch of mages and have them cast a massive ritual to enhance your people, likely taking a lot of labor and many turns.

These are all rough examples because nobody has actually built a wonder yet and we don't know what all the GM will decide is necessary for them, but this is just my suggestion on how you should be thinking of this.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 11:25:38 am by Oblivion2007 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 04, 2018, 11:43:27 am »

K. At the very least, it will give me an Idea on what the GM thinks is necessary for this.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 04, 2018, 01:47:40 pm »

farsky acts
I invest 11 fP into my divine project, the demihuman colossus.
Sorry I haven't been active lately.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 04, 2018, 02:29:26 pm »

The Xekarni
Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 04, 2018, 03:25:25 pm »

Dipnoi Republic
Oooh! Praise Nagas! Those who died to the snakes have been reborn as a great anaconda!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 04, 2018, 03:42:33 pm »

I'm kinda hoping for Mabel and Blarg to pitch in too.
I have, in my own way. I generally prefer setting up long-term effects that will eventually lead to the result I want. It seems much more efficient that way.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 04, 2018, 04:32:04 pm »

Jotun Oligarchy

The Jotun Oligarchy considers the events that have occurred. It seems that the god Nagas has decided to give the Jotun Oligarchy some new mouthes to feed. The Jotun Oligarchy hope that Naga's intends to do something to help them out because food is scarce enough as it is without having snakes to feed.

Another thing of concern: Malvol appears to demand bloodshed. The Jotun Oligarchy's newly created orchard was not protected, so the last thing the Giants wanted to do was upset any god - let alone the most bloodthirsty one of them all! After some discussion it is decided that one of them would travel to the battleground that Malvol created and fight for his amusement.

Spoiler: Doublecheck (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action Post (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 04, 2018, 04:57:30 pm »

I had 1 FP last turn. I get 1 FP for free and 1 FP from Jotun's worship. That means I got 3 extra FP; I'm assuming from Cait Sith's research but I'd like to know for sure.
The 3 extra is from turn 10.  Supernerd pointed out that the mammoth was magical, so I edited the turn and gave Izzith 3 more FP.  Then I forgot to mention it...

I also missed a couple of mangrove forests that Nagas made.  I'll edit that into turn 11, and they're available to use on turn 12, but they won't appear on the map until turn 12.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 04, 2018, 05:27:20 pm »

So the only way this is possible is basically entirely depending on the gods, and that would likely take at least 20+ combined FP I'm guessing. If I were running the game I would actually make it something like 50FP and then something like 200FP for a third trait.

I probably should do it something like this.  Otherwise, the gods will keep adding all kinds of traits to civs, and we'll end up with some real crazy shit.

I've been allowing Mabel to make tiles that make workers into cat-like demihumans for 5 FP, because cat-like and demihuman don't really impact anything except for Mabel's FP gain through her aspect.  I should have made Mabel's recent tile cost 10 because it makes workers extra magical in addition to demihuman.  I actually meant to do that, but it slipped my mind as I did the turn.

Flight is pretty good.  It is a trait, and adding a second useful trait to workers should cost a decent amount of FP.  So, for now, let's say that adding flight to Mabel's K1 tile will cost another 15 FP.  And adding additional traits after that the cost will be doubled to 30, then 60, etc.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 04, 2018, 05:40:25 pm »

Wouldn't it be hard to regulate tile-based traits? I mean if Mabel is allowed to make a trait-tile then obviously you have to allow other gods to do that too. Then each god can make a trait-tile around a certain area and a worker would be able to visit each one...

The way I would balance it is that the more traits you have, the more likely things will go horribly horribly wrong.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 04, 2018, 05:41:40 pm »

cancel one of the two baskets for Jotun I'm making this turn to pay the 5 FP retroactive points cost that I should have had to pay last turn. should result in one for each of Jotun and Orassan.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 04, 2018, 05:56:36 pm »

Wouldn't it be hard to regulate tile-based traits? I mean if Mabel is allowed to make a trait-tile then obviously you have to allow other gods to do that too. Then each god can make a trait-tile around a certain area and a worker would be able to visit each one...

The way I would balance it is that the more traits you have, the more likely things will go horribly horribly wrong.
Yes, it's hard to regulate.  Yes, the game is on the verge of spiraling out of control with all kinds of stuff being added to workers.
But I knew that this game was likely to get crazy.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 119