Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 55

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia: Gameover. The Smoke! It's In The Smoke! Was It Worth It?  (Read 91972 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What's your confidence that after only one night that evidence would be visible?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean, my delay doesn't leave much direct evidence except in my own result PM but I picked TricMagic expecting that he's likely to expose it for discussion and not just bury it uneventfully.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

What's your confidence that after only one night that evidence would be visible?
Confident enough to make my previous claims.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...No clue why you twist them so..
If an SK exists, then there should have been two kills.1 kill would have been prevented, while another went through. If one does not, then no issue. It's just a theory on what could have happened. I thought I went over this before...

Is that better for your senses?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, what campaign arises from that?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Fallacy, if a player is attacked but saved by a protective role, do they know it?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean, my delay doesn't leave much direct evidence except in my own result PM but I picked TricMagic expecting that he's likely to expose it for discussion and not just bury it uneventfully.

You do know that I'm not one to make a fuss about that right? Pick Juice next time, maybe he'll come out.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

You do know that I'm not one to make a fuss about that right?
pffffff

Sorry, were you reading the same thread as I was?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Get hunting Spin.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

A friendly reminder from your furry gamelord that the day ends at 6:00 PM Central/Forum time. Communal extension yet unused.
Fallacy, if a player is attacked but saved by a protective role, do they know it?
No(by default, anyway).
~~~
VOTECOUNT:
*[0] hector13:
*[0] Starver:
*[0] blueturtle1134:
-[0] TricMagic:
*[0] IcyTea31:
*[1] randomgenericusername: Maximum Spin
#*[0] juicebox:
*[0] mightymushroom:
*[6] Maximum Spin: randomgenericusername, IcyTea31, TricMagic, blueturtle1134, hector13, mightymushroom

Those not voting: #juicebox, Starver

*: Personal extension, power of only one, yet unused.
#: Spirit fading, unresponsive. May be replaced.

Somehow I think I know what's going to happen here. But that could yet change.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, I'm pretty sure I voted to extend the day before, though the fact MaxSpin doesn't..

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(I thought I spotted a vote to use the group extend, a while back, but not your personal one and nobody else seemed bothered to add to it. I've lost track of the time and no appetite to extend it myself. I think others are happy with a bandwagon that I've also got no taste for.)

If it weren't for Fallacy's open concern, and other meta-clues against it, I'd be expecting Juice as a victim of a Silencing skill. There's certainly an unresolved night-time chicanery that I need tonight to double-check, if I can.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, I'm pretty sure I voted to extend the day before, though the fact MaxSpin doesn't..
I did forget that, but I don't think anyone else did vote to communal extend.

If it weren't for Fallacy's open concern, and other meta-clues against it, I'd be expecting Juice as a victim of a Silencing skill. There's certainly an unresolved night-time chicanery that I need tonight to double-check, if I can.
Just so everyone knows, I consider silencing abilities that aren't publicly announced to be bastard. Silencing abilities that are publicly announced are possible but very unlikely.
~~~
In the end, Maximum Spin was selected after someone claimed to have acquired knowledge on his true alignment. He must be evil, said the person!

And lo, the others followed him.

Maximum Spin was hoisted up and thrown upon the spikes of doom.

He started screaming until he realized that he wasn't dead.

"AHAHAHA! I AM INVINCIBLE! DIE, CATMONGER!"

Spin tore himself off the spikes and rushed Fallacy. Then he was stabbed in the back by a catgirl that then vanished in a puff of pink smoke and a whispered nyah.

Fallacy smiled a small smile at seeing the death at one of those that sought to foil him, then smoked his pipe and punched the sun in the face. And lo, the offended sun shot away, and soon dark covered the world.
~~~
Maximum Spin was Framer Doctor: Mafia
(Night): Framer Protect [target]: Your target is protected from all kills tonight. They also inspect as mafia tonight.
~~~
So it went. So it was. But the game was not yet over. Plotters still remained.

Night 2 begins now and ends Wednesday 6:30 PM Central/Forum time on Wednesday. We're using Central/Forum time. Send in your actions or send in a nope if you aren't acting.

It seemed juicebox was falling asleep... I've decided to seek a replacement for juicebox. PM me or shout out in Discord if interested.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Time grinds on. The results of your actions are coming to light...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The darkness fades. The sun doesn't seem so afraid anymore. The smoke blows away, as wind flies through your town.

Eight people return to the town center. Sadly, one of them is the old man. One of you is missing.

It's the blue turtle. A bullet's gone through his head. He's dead. What a shame.

He's dead. Traitors yet remain among you. Can you stop them? Can you save the old man?

Someone's giggling. Someone's happy this has happened.

But nobody will admit to it.

What can be done?
~~~
blueturle1134 was 1-Shot Even Night Vigilante: Town
(1-Shot, Night): Even Night Kill [target]: You kill your target. Can only be used on an even night.
~~~
The old man places a pair of cat-eared headphones atop his head, and just listens. He's old. He can't help here. But you can. You have to save the old man! You have to find the traitors! You must... it can't end with him dead. It can't!

The old man offers merchandise. Masks, ears, headphones. Costumes. Fursuits for the daring. Shirts, hoodies. All the cat merch one could ever want.

Well, that settles it. He's crazy. But he doesn't deserve to die.
~~~
The day has begun. It will end 7:30 PM Monday, Central/Forum time. The communal extension has not been used today. Will you use it? Or will you find the traitors?
~~~
There is one more oddity. Someone's come to join us. It's juicebox! And yet... he's still juicebox? He takes a pair of cat ears from among the heap of Fallacy's stuff and places them atop his head. It seems juicebox has woken from his trance. Will he stay awake?

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 55