Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: How did you get your username?  (Read 2077 times)

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
How did you get your username?
« on: May 14, 2018, 08:30:36 am »

For my part, my first DF expedition leader had the random last name "Brassroast".

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you get your username?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 09:21:27 am »

Made a typo once, instead of "Kitty Cat" I wrote "KittyTac".
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 09:29:20 am »

Arguably helpful reference to one of the other one of these threads. Think there's at least two or three other ones, too...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 10:31:12 am »

Arguably helpful reference to one of the other one of these threads. Think there's at least two or three other ones, too...
True, but over a year ago. Not too long for his board, but we're already in the thread.

Glorious RuneScape.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 10:32:38 am »

I made a name a long time ago that I used now and again. I usually tell people that it was a keyboard mash, vut to be honest, I can't actually remember what it really was.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 11:03:08 am »

Ich bin kleine pferd.

The world is changed.

Ich esse kase mit hut.

I feel it in the water.

Gibt es drei biere, alles schlecht?

I feel it in the Earth.

Spinnen immer fressen mein Söhnen. Ich mag das nicht.

I smell it in the air.

Much that once was is lost. For none now live who remember it.

It began with the forging of the great usernames.

Three were given to Creative Projects, immortal, wisest and fairest of all beings.

Seven to the Upper Boards, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls.

And nine, nine names were gifted to the folk of the Lower Boards — who above all else, desire power.

For within these names was bound the strength and will to rule each forum. But they were all of them deceived, for another name was made.

In the land of Ameripol, in the fires of Mount Doom, the Dark Lord forged in secret a master name, to control all others.

And into this Name, he poured his cruelty, his malice, and his will to dominate all life. One Name to rule them all.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 11:06:15 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 11:17:15 am »

Just a holdover of a username I made when I was a kid, and now I've had several people think that I'm referencing the Avengers. I kind of cringe a little bit at it now, but it's not a username that I totally hate. I would change it, but I don't know what to lol

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 12:34:09 pm »

Just a holdover of a username I made when I was a kid
 I kind of cringe a little bit at it now, but it's not a username that I totally hate. I would change it, but I don't know what to lol
same. also Edna P. Granbo is one I use from time to time and that comes from GWAR (I only use it on steam and discord)
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 02:22:43 pm »

I won it in single combat against a half-mad old man who lived in a cave by the docks of an abandoned city in a land far away. I bear the scars of his knife, which was made from the rays of the sun, upon my body but I know the pain to be worth it for the treasure that I won that day. My username is that with which I arm myself against the myriad horrors of the internet. It has served me in good stead and preserved my sanity against many an onslaught. Gods willing it shan't fail me any time soon and together we will cut a path through the countless ever-more-vile memes ahead.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 03:44:38 pm »

I won it in single combat against a half-mad old man who lived in a cave by the docks of an abandoned city in a land far away. I bear the scars of his knife, which was made from the rays of the sun, upon my body but I know the pain to be worth it for the treasure that I won that day. My username is that with which I arm myself against the myriad horrors of the internet. It has served me in good stead and preserved my sanity against many an onslaught. Gods willing it shan't fail me any time soon and together we will cut a path through the countless ever-more-vile memes ahead.   
Was it really the rays of the sun, or was it... Damascus steel?

Cuz... Carbon nanotubes.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 05:29:45 pm »

I named myself after a fictional volcano in a game my sister was playing. Then I added the title of "Khan" to it, because I had been playing a few games where I rampaged around on horseback or with horsemen much like Genghis Khan. Complete with pillaging vast areas.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 07:32:09 pm »

I was signing up for some website about 10 years ago now, and this is the first thing that popped into my head. After all this time, no one ever pronounces it right the first time.  :'(
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 08:02:41 pm »

It's my Kongregate handle. I didn't want to use my club penguin account name for that site so I tried to come up with a new one from scratch. It was a very frustrating ordeal cause all the cool names I wanted to use were already taken. Eventually I just ragequit and typed in the stupidest most obnoxious dude-bro thing I could come up with. As fate may have it, even that was already taken! Having lost the last bit of motivation I didn't know I still had, I ended up settling for one of the suggested variants with a random number attached.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2018, 10:32:37 pm »

I use this for everything, I remember wanting it to be very easy to use as a name, but didn't want to accidentally trip on a foreign word, or have it be too common and being unable to use it anywhere.

I remember using "Master" for everything that came up, so I looked up how to write master in Latin, being already a dead language, zero percent chance of being misunderstood as something else, right? I am not very bright. I found "Magister"(I think) and applied a common flexion of vocabulary to it, I do not remember what exactly... Some possessive form, by the looks of it.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2018, 10:36:25 pm »

My name is tribute to Simkin, fool of the Darksword Trilogy.
Pages: [1] 2 3