Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality [In Limbo]  (Read 9212 times)

Hotfire90

Re: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2018, 11:50:02 am »

They're games that function on a fairly basic d10 based dice system for actions(I think at least, that's what I remember), with the twist being that you get items, abilities, allies, and other such things, based on five randomly selected wikipedia(or sub-wiki) articles.
Yeah, that's right.  Although they originally started as one of Piecewise's RTD systems, I believe.
Didn't TCM start the first Wiki Warfare?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2018, 12:18:06 pm »

TV tropes best wiki
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2018, 12:35:43 pm »

Chapter I: New Game
Team Deathmatch
Part 0: Adrift in a Sea of Code
Gardner Lunar Crater, The Moon
Morning (Earth Time), Stars, 4/13/2020

The first thing you see after the cut to black is suddenly being surrounded by grey rocks and a starry night sky. In the center of a large lunar impact crater, Gardner, is a Beacon, projecting what appears to be a forcefield that stretches for miles across the lunar surface. You're on the Moon, specifically Earth's Moon, and as the four other people arranged in a perfect line next to you wake up, you remember the call to bloodshed. Your Avatar morphs and changes, your equipment becomes varied. And as the stars shine and twinkle overhead, you can only imagine a gunshot firing to signal the race. And you stare overhead, to the five others also waking up, all of whom stare back, poised to kill...

Before Sheet Notes: Aw, yeah, it's good to be back! Not much more to say, though. Let's just get underway!
In.

Will the Collection of Anomalous Material gamemode return? In the OP on the previous thread, it was mentioned as a gamemode where you had to get an object of interest then get out of the area in a FFA. I doubt it was played, but whatever.
Probably not, since we never played it, and I doubt it'd be fun to actually do in practice. "You enter a room, [10], oh look, you instantly found it" that sort of thing.

Blue Team:
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: HugeNerdAndProudOfIt (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hotfire90 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The_Two_Eternities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)

Red Team:
Spoiler: Rockeater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: roseheart (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Detoxicated (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hiddenleafguy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 12:07:26 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2018, 12:47:40 pm »

"Hmm, it appears we have come into contact with the enemy."
Make use of the low gravity on the moon's surface to serve (In the Tennis sense)  my Giant Merlin towards the enemy team.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2018, 12:56:54 pm »

So, just wondering, how would my badge collecting power work, also, do I have any way to detonate the TNT as is?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2018, 01:34:12 pm »

So, just wondering, how would my badge collecting power work, also, do I have any way to detonate the TNT as is?

Killing an enemy drops a badge. Collecting the badge nets you one of the hats from the game.

And yes. The TNT has an automatic primer on it that can detonate it without a lighter or match.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2018, 01:49:15 pm »

Good

"Alright comrades, there may be time for peace, but now is time for war. I suggest you follow my moves my friend."

Activate a barrel and use the low moon gravity to toss it at the enemies. Have my friend Mr. Bowater do the same.

Hotfire90

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2018, 02:05:25 pm »

"I'm a little underequipped for this, does anyone have a weapon to spare?"

Search for a rock or a better weapon while Dodd shoots at Roseheart and Scruffy tries to immobilize Rockeater by biting him in the leg.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2018, 02:11:00 pm »

What I can do with channeled energy from the sun?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2018, 02:19:26 pm »

What I can do with channeled energy from the sun?

Solar-themed Attacks, mainly. It might help to actually have the article about Hamon/The Ripple for more info, so here you go.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2018, 02:22:16 pm »

Mary starts kicking Scruffy as Dr. Victor uses his algum bat to beat the barrel back to where it came from

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2018, 03:04:16 pm »

Please tell me I didn’t spawn wearing the vest or inside the trap.

Manipulate game code so as to impose extremely high gravity upon all members of the Red team. Trapping them all in place, if you will.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 06:59:37 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2018, 03:22:26 pm »

Please tell me I didn’t spawn wearing the vest or inside the trap.

Manipulate game code so as to impose extremely high gravity upon all members of the Red team.

Don't worry, you didn't. They're for other people.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2018, 03:49:06 pm »

"Excuse me comrades Robert and Micheal, but it would seem our opponent has served, the ball may be unusual, but may I suggest making a return shot?"

(this is directed at The_Two_Eternities and his ally, since they're good at tennis I feel like they'd be best at countering Kakashis Tennis attack...

Waaait a minute, my icon is from A Hat In Time and my subwiki was A Hat In Time, HugeNerds is Sans from Undertale and his subwiki was Undertale, Hiddenleafguys username seems like a Naruto reference and his subwiki was Naruto... did you do this on purpose?)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 03:52:29 pm by Failbird105 »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2018, 03:53:28 pm »

"Excuse me comrades Robert and Micheal, but it would seem our opponent has served, the ball may be unusual, but may I suggest making a return shot?"

(this is directed at The_Two_Eternities and his ally, since they're good at tennis I feel like they'd be best at countering Kakashis Tennis attack...

Waaait a minute, my icon is from A Hat In Time and my subwiki was A Hat In Time, HugeNerds is Sans from Undertale and his subwiki was Undertale, Hiddenleafguys username seems like a Naruto reference and his subwiki was Naruto... did you plan this?)

Yes. I've never randomized sub-wikis, as there are good chances it could be stubs, since while most everything has a wiki, not everything has a good wiki. While sometimes it's based on my whims, I do try to match profile pics and sub-wikis, at least for one match, because it's something they'd get. Sorry if I was disingenuous. I'll randomize Wikias next time if it's a problem. Just thought it'd be fun to do.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7