Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality [In Limbo]  (Read 9203 times)

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Warfare: Virtual Mortality
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 02:43:17 pm »

In, but could you make the colours brighter in the intro, really hard to read in Dark Mode.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2018, 02:46:17 pm »

Gr8 name btw.

In, but could you make the colours brighter in the intro, really hard to read in Dark Mode.
A bright glow or shadow should do the trick. White, yellow, cyan, limegreen ect ect.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 02:56:56 pm by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2018, 02:54:18 pm »

AND the player list is now full!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2018, 04:06:05 pm »

so we get an avatar and five articles that boost our abilities?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2018, 04:13:45 pm »

I think the avatar might still be based on the first two articles like in previous games, or maybe just the first.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2018, 05:00:12 pm »

Waitlist my ass.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2018, 06:17:55 pm »

Waitlist me
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2018, 10:23:56 pm »

And that's a full player list and two Waitlisters! Awesome! First game will be rolled up either tomorrow or the day after. Can't wait! Haven't been this excited to run a game in...God, it's been a while.

I think the avatar might still be based on the first two articles like in previous games, or maybe just the first.

The first article governs your character's Name, Gender, and Nationality fields, but like in all Wiki-Warfare games, you get five articles. Each one granting Assets, Abilities, and/or Allies, as well as boosts to rolls.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2018, 06:29:41 am »

I'd assume you reroll the first article if it isn't something that could qualify for some of those things?(say if the article was just a type of material, or a gun)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 10:00:05 am by Failbird105 »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2018, 08:26:34 am »

Waitlist me as well bruh.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2018, 10:12:12 am »

Waitlist me as well bruh.

You got it, man.

I'd assume you reroll the first article if it isn't something that could qualify for some of those things?(say if the article was just a type of material, or a gun)

...Crap, I knew I was forgetting something. There will also be a fourth category added to this game: Species. Species won't actually do anything to stats, since the Article itself does stat boosting, but it will make things like this viable. Getting a certain kind of volcano might make you a Magma Elemental, for example. To continue from an example, getting Freddy Krueger would make you a Dream Demon. And it goes on from there.

First turn is coming soon!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2018, 10:36:07 am »

In.

Will the Collection of Anomalous Material gamemode return? In the OP on the previous thread, it was mentioned as a gamemode where you had to get an object of interest then get out of the area in a FFA. I doubt it was played, but whatever.
it's over

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2018, 10:37:44 am »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2018, 10:40:50 am »

They're games that function on a fairly basic d10 based dice system for actions(I think at least, that's what I remember), with the twist being that you get items, abilities, allies, and other such things, based on five randomly selected wikipedia(or sub-wiki) articles.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2018, 11:40:47 am »

They're games that function on a fairly basic d10 based dice system for actions(I think at least, that's what I remember), with the twist being that you get items, abilities, allies, and other such things, based on five randomly selected wikipedia(or sub-wiki) articles.
Yeah, that's right.  Although they originally started as one of Piecewise's RTD systems, I believe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7