Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Orbiter: The Coalition Sector  (Read 9500 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Orbiter: The Coalition Sector
« on: April 28, 2018, 12:28:39 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That is the clan write up in Spoilers.

How to play this game: Interested people who want to sign up can and play with the clan in question.

It will be a SG game in which you order clansfolk to do work and try to thrive/survive.

Everyone once in a while get Arms Race mode where votes decide what gets made and so forth. A interesting feature are alliances. Can have one ally. Pc or npc you run across. Please note this can fall apart and not cool to spill the beans if then ally with a sworn enemy.

It should be noted there is a combat system of die rolls and such. Depending on condition of troops, gear and tactics. Please also note this is not your standard army system.

Your limited to six hundred (700 if Children take dangerous jobs.)

Yes, finite Troops. The way to get more manpower is accept npc outsiders. Find cryosleep banks and wake them up, defeat a enemy and get them to serve, Hell Can Even make your own robots.

Includes battle pets.

Or babies made and time lapse they grow. (As starting kids age too.)

The other factor that is different is that resources are finite. I will copy and paste the resources but food and ammo and crafts led are finite. Must have workers tending make shift farm land, hunt animals or even trade to get what you want. Hell there is a npc faction that goes around just for trade (best not fight, its possible but their loaded to the gills. Especially since ammo is like cash and they have batteries for energy weapons.)

So yes. This is thread to sign up for this side. There are three left.

As for rules of game, have fun. Think of cool stuff to do, and do not salty.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 01:55:36 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Orbiter: The Coalition Sector
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 07:18:39 am »

o/
Good morning. I’m here.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 04:42:52 pm »

The intro

In the horizon as the hull was transparent. One could see the stars, the large orange Sun, and the blue and green planet below. It looked Heavenly. But due to a great flaw, one can not operate all ship functions. They were stuck, stuck in the Ark vessel. In time people forgot how the Hell they got their except in oral traditions. But lately, there has been a revival of the old knowledge. The vessel has nine layers. Everyone currently in ninth, the edge later. Ages ago was going to support humanity in generation mode before cryosleep. It was discovered before the old world died. Everyone on ship is alive, dead or still sleeping. Not to mention those born in the ship. It was a true Ark for it is hull was a ocean to support water demands and sanctuary zones where wild life was preserved. During the troubled times the borders were destroyed. Beast and plant ran wild and now the internal was still functioning as a ship. Just with a binome Of it’s own. As the massive ship orbits. It does have its own day and night cycle. Currently, it is day..

The Coalition was lead by a genius shape shifter, he had I turn found something. A big dark dome. On the inside was massive table. He had studied in youth what these things were. Interface is what he remembers. He hits buttons. The table lights up and voice is heard as it displays home. Decent Metal shed homes with a thriving ecosystem that was still good for farming as it spoke.

Hello Commander. I am the Info Web. You ha e activated me. Starting now, will send out s web of information. As you and your people hit the strings and expand my vision. I will map it out in real time.”

Besides that. Life was good, how long would it last? There had to be others out there. What was he to do?

SG Time!

A: One should train one of the six hundred souls in tribe to be a leader in themselves. To cordinate more activity. More activity, more can happen.

B: Push forth maximum effort to farm, and search the surrounding debris borders. Need of resources after all.

C: Personally lead a scout team in any direction you wish. To experiment the Info Web. In order to make a bigger map of the area.

Arms Race: Go ahead and suggest something. Plan, tools, etc.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 06:50:20 pm »

Leiden will go out on his own, in an essentially liquid form, spread thin across all surfaces so as to be functionally invisible, undetectable, and invincible. With that, he will explore, activating the Web in a vast swathe, to see every corner of their area.

As for designs, I want stun guns, and a headset that allows those wearing it to see in infrared. Headset takes priority if we can only do one.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 07:36:46 pm »

Yes one at a time. And to get head sets gotta craft them. Crafting skill is the amount times 5 how many done a time. ( as each 600 grown ups counting Jeremy, gear up. Like in X Com.)

Ic

As Jeremy turned liquid there was soon enough gun fire. Laser deployed in random automatic fashion. There were three turrets. Laser ones. Attached to a structure covered in plant growth.

A store house maybe? What to do?

A: Attempt to gel Up turret to attack.

B: Gel on to a visible computer pad. Attempt to rewrite programming (Scholar now shown to be useful. Tech bonus.)

C: Go to another corner of area. There was a small flock of gigantic birds. Akin to Moas or terror birds.

Base command: Anything wish to do? Send more people to other corners? Go to crafting things?

Design:

Head Sets: Since only one with this tribe at moment. The one contender.

Get one more SG situation before turn ends, Arm Race, And turn two.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 08:19:28 pm »

B. Lasers shouldn't accomplish anything against me; even if they can do stuff, I've still got that energy shield generator.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 08:26:05 pm by Glass »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 09:00:02 pm »

Going for B.

Roll!

Success!

The energy beams could not touch the liquid body as it made it to panel. With brilliant dexterity the computer code was broken. Machinery left in blank slate before reprogrammed.

“ Welcome Master. To Cell Block 9.”

On inside one would discover twenty bodies in cryosleep and boxes of stuff in the area. One of those check point access zones.

Now what?

A: Bring back help to pillage place.
B: Look for any sort of log aboutbthis place as it is untouched.
C: Loot what you can before others show up. Though lasers would be a give away.

Notice: Going to go to Blackguard now for those choices. Pick next option then Arms Race dice. As get number of choices per turn. More turns mean more stuff happening as in time will need to take key group to serepste things.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 09:03:29 pm »

Pull these people out of Cryo, have ask them about anything they know, check the logs while they inform me, and then have them help me take as much stuff as we can back to base.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 09:16:30 pm »

As the twenty awoke. Aside the head aches and drowsiness they asked if they had landed on Planet yet? Much to the shock, this was not the case. They knew of old ways. Not new. The files speak of their careers. These people are medical staff. Treat the ill, that sort of thing.

The supplies that were brought back are as follows.

20 boxes of medicine
10 spare grown organs for transplants.
10 medic kits
10 spare parts
10 oil (For mai ten era of power devices.)

As for your head sets?

Rolled

5,4,2. So use Forge Smith to alter the two I guess. Getting busy now as it’s Saturday.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2018, 09:22:28 pm »

Remind me, what are the rolls out of? D6, or 2D6?

Also, sounds good. I'm happy with this result.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2018, 09:24:28 pm »

1d6

Try to keep it in three tiers of two. 1-worst 6 best. In terms of if it works, cost, and any. It’s that need debugging (or develops a secondary feature.)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2018, 09:28:14 pm »

Ok. So the headsets are going to be pretty good.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2018, 09:30:23 pm »

Yep. A gear adoption to security detail/scouting.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2018, 01:19:01 pm »

Just so you know, I'm looking forward to meeting Mon Rao. I've got a great idea of how to wreck his shit.

My only hint: there are many advantages to being a shapeshifter.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2018, 01:27:50 pm »

If you meet him. And it was clever to make character a t 1000 deal. But my original thought for transhuman met simply a altered body, that stayed solid. Just more super human.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15