Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Lands of Blood and Fortune: A test  (Read 16124 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Lands of Blood and Fortune: A test
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2018, 07:30:56 pm »

I want a sample of that purplish stuff & the charcoal, and to take a sketch of the growths.

@Ozarck Or rather, could you do it, since you have high Dexterity?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2018, 04:10:57 am »

...Tempted to say "nah, let's not fuck with whatever caused this". Thoughts?
"That is some strange thing I see. Take a sample of that powder and make a drawing on it. Also can someone try to get those antlers? Helps to have something to study while on the move."
Ana does what she can to do that. And then, it's all to the pathfinder to make our next move.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2018, 07:12:29 am »

"That is some strange thing I see. Take a sample of that powder and make a drawing on it. Also can someone try to get those antlers? Helps to have something to study while on the move."
Ana does what she can to do that. And then, it's all to the pathfinder to make our next move.

You sure you wouldn't rather I did that?

Anyway, PW, Ignis is on standby to do the sample taking or charcoal drawing and note taking, should the otehrs decide he'd best handle it. Then, I am all for moving on.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2018, 08:48:12 am »

You grab the sample kit from Eltrix and take a sample, scraping the powder into the tube before recorking it.

You sure you wouldn't rather I did that?

Anyway, PW, Ignis is on standby to do the sample taking or charcoal drawing and note taking, should the otehrs decide he'd best handle it. Then, I am all for moving on.

You take the book from Professor Nikolaevich and sketch up the body as well as a few detail shots of the growths.  You hand it back to him once you're done and clap the charcoal dust off your fingers.

By the way, to our cartographer: Let me know what sort of thing you want to fill in on any particular grid space. You know, what kind of land you want me to put there, what kind of notes you want me to add, etc. It will save you from having to do it yourself in paint or something.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2018, 11:58:05 am »

A small laugh of sorts at the vision of the corpse. The mechanical sound of limbs the feeling of flesh within them. A touch of the mask hiding a smiling interior her large bag on her back.

Kneeling for a moment staring at it and quietly pulling forth the hunting spear into their hands. Perhaps a bit twitchy nervous surely something had killed this and perhaps it was nearby.

"Knave's! We should not linger among the filthy carrion flesh of the dead! The monstrosities and mongrels of flesh and bone could set upon us!

Pull forth my hunting spear from my belt. Do a quick sweep and make sure the area is clear of the predators of flesh.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2018, 04:22:35 pm »

"Careful with that! Don't touch it with bare hands. We don't want to end up like the deer."

We appear to be done here, so east. Climb to the peak so that we can get a decent view of what's ahead.

Spoiler: Map with path (click to show/hide)

Inventory

Spoiler: Egan_BW, Pathfinder (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin, Observer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ozarck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tomasque (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2018, 02:50:40 pm »

A small laugh of sorts at the vision of the corpse. The mechanical sound of limbs the feeling of flesh within them. A touch of the mask hiding a smiling interior her large bag on her back.

Kneeling for a moment staring at it and quietly pulling forth the hunting spear into their hands. Perhaps a bit twitchy nervous surely something had killed this and perhaps it was nearby.

"Knave's! We should not linger among the filthy carrion flesh of the dead! The monstrosities and mongrels of flesh and bone could set upon us!

Pull forth my hunting spear from my belt. Do a quick sweep and make sure the area is clear of the predators of flesh.
You find no abnormal signs of predation. There are what look like they might be wolf tracks but they're days old.

"Careful with that! Don't touch it with bare hands. We don't want to end up like the deer."

We appear to be done here, so east. Climb to the peak so that we can get a decent view of what's ahead.

Inventory

(BTW I'm assuming you're going at normal pace not exploring pace.)

You continue on, out of the woods and into the mountains. The mountains here are sharp pointed, with clearly visible stratification of the layers of stone. They look almost sharp chucks of the earth had been ripped up and set at an angle, all relatively untouched by erosion. Ana notices several things as the group treks up the valleys between the mountains. There are a lot of fossils in the walls of those mountains, so many that they're clear and obvious even to a  casual observer. Whats more, those fossils seem concentrated in one particular band of sediment more than any other. A particularly odd band of reddish-purplish stone. As the group moves to the east, she notices one more thing: the fossils are growing increasingly odd. At first they appear normal, but the shells and trilobites and fish and such that decorate the walls grow in size, number of limbs, sprout odd protrusions and the like.

The sun is dipping low and there is a great fog or haze hanging over much of the area to the east like the steam over a pot, but from the mountains you can see a few things: North east there is what looks like a marsh or a swamp, to the east, a mud plain. The South east, more mountains, the south west and West are more forest, and the North west is more mountains.

Cartographer, let me know what you want to place anywhere and on what coordinate you want to place it.

Here is the cartogapher's current map.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2018, 05:05:51 pm »

"Hum. This map made the other side of these mountains look much nicer. We get our pick of mud or swamp. Or we could stay up here for the night and hope that the fog clears up."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2018, 06:49:27 am »

Suggestion for the cartographer: place a white band or some other marker around each visited hex, and a yellow band or something around observed hexes that we haven't directly visited.

Nothing wrong with setting up camp while we still have some daylight. Set a rotation for watch, eat and get some sleep. the trip is young still. no need to hurry.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2018, 06:46:23 pm »

Set up camp here, then spend however much time we have before sundown to explore the immediate area.
(That is, set up camp and then begin doing an explore action on this hex. This would probably take six periods, but that's no excuse to do nothing with the two or three periods we do have. Once we reach a black period, set up a series of watches.)

Inventory

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2018, 08:54:51 am »

Set up camp here, then spend however much time we have before sundown to explore the immediate area.
(That is, set up camp and then begin doing an explore action on this hex. This would probably take six periods, but that's no excuse to do nothing with the two or three periods we do have. Once we reach a black period, set up a series of watches.)

Inventory

Ok so I should point out that in this system you don't have to stop and explore hexes like that unless you think you missed something when the Observer auto-explored it during your movement through. You you stop and explore a hex again, you're basically just getting that same roll again. Its like this so we can specifically avoid having to stop in every hex and do generic explore actions.  Now, you could investigate something you found or interact with the environment but if unless the observer fails a roll, you're not gonna miss anything.  And I'll just say that in this case Ti did find everything.

That said I'm going to advance the timer as though you did spend the time exploring and then continue to advance it as though you are sleeping through till dawn. Now, I don't know who is on watch at any time so I'm just gonna assume it goes like this

Egan first period of night
ATH second period of night
Tiruin Third period of night
Ozark fourth period of night.

This way everyone gets at least 3 periods of sleep in theory. I've also edited backpacks for everyone to have eaten and drank what they needed to.

Now, during Ti's watch she notices something: a loud, reverberating sound like cracking or rocks grinding over each other. She cunningly deduces that there's some sort of landslide or earthquake about to happen.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2018, 12:34:27 am »

OH TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII~

Don't make me find you.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2018, 07:43:08 am »

Let it happen, PW, let the turn happen. Assume Ti's character ignored the sound. Let the hate flow through you, and destroy it all, leaving nothing but bones and ashes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2018, 08:54:27 pm »

Ana grabbed that whistle and blew it as much times as it would take to signal an alarm to the rest of the group!

"Natural disaster happening! Earthquake! Get to stable ground; bolt down what needs to be bolted!"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2018, 07:40:02 am »

Get up, take shelter, attempt to determine what bad thing is happening and where it is coming from.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11