Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86652 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 0: How Low Can We Go?
« Reply #570 on: May 11, 2018, 05:24:26 pm »

This is the third first race of the game. At this rate, the game is going to end before day 2.

Also, I apologize for dobuting hector13. He's still sligthy suspicious, but at least he didn't lie about being unlynchable even if it wasn't the type of unlynchable we were expecting. Sorry hector for voting you both times.

I also tried to create an ability based on his role to get FoU's fullclaim, but I was roleblocked when I visited hector13.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 11, 2018, 07:28:39 pm »

webadict: Does this mean the next day will be Day 1-3?
~~~
Also, I apologize for dobuting hector13. He's still sligthy suspicious, but at least he didn't lie about being unlynchable even if it wasn't the type of unlynchable we were expecting.
At this point, hector is most likely unlynchable. It still could be some other kind of ability(I once saw a Cat role with an 8-shot self revive but automatic death each time they were hit with an ability), but either way, using the lynch on him seems like a bad idea. Unlynchable mafia seems unlikely, but based on his past behavior, it's entirely possible hector is a third party. Heck, this game might not even have a mafia, making randomgenericusername's role even more a heap of WIFOM(and a decent bet for a serial killer third party).
~~~
My best theory about this weirdness is that Moony's death caused it.
~~~
The race mechanics are interesting. It's very sudden death. I'd be more interested if the prize was useful to me at all(I already have two roleblocks, dangit!)... actually, I have an idea.
~~~
Auction: First up for auction is my day action. I can jail someone(which takes effect during the night), stopping them from acting or being acted upon. This also grants me private communication with whoever I jailed, allowing me to discuss additional purchase options that I keep secret.

Second up for auction is my night action. I can turn someone into a catgirl, which has an unknown positive or negative effect(if you buy my services, you can choose which one it is). In order to turn someone into a catgirl, I must use my jail action on them. I can also roleblock someone using BHK's roleblock.

Third up for auction is my hit. As I have no desire to win this race, I'm auctioning off my hit. Win this auction and you can choose who I hit during each and every subphase. This may last for longer than you think, given anyone who hits me is automatically hit in return.

Now, up for sale is information. The requirements for this auction is an ability from hector13's role or randomgenericusername's Now For Something Completely Different ability, or some other awesome ability at my discretion. Paying this auction will cause me to fully claim in public(or if you wish, you can receive the information in private via my communication, if you win that auction) and tell you something unexpected.

As BHK has paid... more than was really necessary, a bit by accident, he can choose one of these four options to win by default, without having to pay.

Anyone up for it? Place your bids!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1-2 Midday: Re-Race!
« Reply #572 on: May 11, 2018, 07:34:46 pm »

. . . if someone ahead of me in the race breaks down, as a second ability I can pick them up on my car and they will get the same place I do. So if I understand my ability right, that would make it theoretically possible to get a copy of of a race prize if a.) I win and b.) I pick up someone ahead of me who broke down and also win, for a total of three town prizes (me, one person of my choosing, and one person who broke down ahead of me).

quinnr: you only get one extra rider? I have a feeling there may be quite a few more breakdowns today.

-----

I also tried to create an ability based on his role to get FoU's fullclaim, but I was roleblocked when I visited hector13.

You wanted to do FoU but you ended up roleblocked at hector?

That's better than I managed, I was just blocked. I don't think I got out of my home.

I didn't even get turned into a catgirl. :-\
Oh, now I see why that wouldn't happen.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 11, 2018, 07:41:37 pm »

webadict: Does this mean the next day will be Day 1-3?
~~~
Also, I apologize for dobuting hector13. He's still sligthy suspicious, but at least he didn't lie about being unlynchable even if it wasn't the type of unlynchable we were expecting.
At this point, hector is most likely unlynchable. It still could be some other kind of ability(I once saw a Cat role with an 8-shot self revive but automatic death each time they were hit with an ability), but either way, using the lynch on him seems like a bad idea. Unlynchable mafia seems unlikely, but based on his past behavior, it's entirely possible hector is a third party. Heck, this game might not even have a mafia, making randomgenericusername's role even more a heap of WIFOM(and a decent bet for a serial killer third party).
~~~
My best theory about this weirdness is that Moony's death caused it.
~~~
The race mechanics are interesting. It's very sudden death. I'd be more interested if the prize was useful to me at all(I already have two roleblocks, dangit!)... actually, I have an idea.
~~~
Auction: First up for auction is my day action. I can jail someone(which takes effect during the night), stopping them from acting or being acted upon. This also grants me private communication with whoever I jailed, allowing me to discuss additional purchase options that I keep secret.

Second up for auction is my night action. I can turn someone into a catgirl, which has an unknown positive or negative effect(if you buy my services, you can choose which one it is). In order to turn someone into a catgirl, I must use my jail action on them. I can also roleblock someone using BHK's roleblock.

Third up for auction is my hit. As I have no desire to win this race, I'm auctioning off my hit. Win this auction and you can choose who I hit during each and every subphase. This may last for longer than you think, given anyone who hits me is automatically hit in return.

Now, up for sale is information. The requirements for this auction is an ability from hector13's role or randomgenericusername's Now For Something Completely Different ability, or some other awesome ability at my discretion. Paying this auction will cause me to fully claim in public(or if you wish, you can receive the information in private via my communication, if you win that auction) and tell you something unexpected.

As BHK has paid... more than was really necessary, a bit by accident, he can choose one of these four options to win by default, without having to pay.

Anyone up for it? Place your bids!
Catgirlify me, please. Positive effect. Let's see where this rabbit hole goes.

Getting my ability set back would be nice too

I'm actually amazed. An unlynchable town member. No way Hec is mafia, since an unlynchable mafia would be stupid.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 11, 2018, 07:46:39 pm »

Seeing as becoming a catgirl requires me to jail you... very clever. I said you could have any one you wanted, and then you choose one that requires me to give you the other for free.

Cunning. I like it. I guess that just leaves my hit for auction and information for sale.

Getting my ability set back would be nice too
I'll let you know if I gain an ability to give other players abilities.

I'm actually amazed. An unlynchable town member. No way Hec is mafia, since an unlynchable mafia would be stupid.
Could be third party. Could.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 11, 2018, 08:02:16 pm »

FoU: you jailed BHK last night?

MM: who were you going to act on when you were blocked?

I’m feeling IcyTea and Tiruin as baddies today.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 11, 2018, 08:28:01 pm »

. . . if someone ahead of me in the race breaks down, as a second ability I can pick them up on my car and they will get the same place I do. So if I understand my ability right, that would make it theoretically possible to get a copy of of a race prize if a.) I win and b.) I pick up someone ahead of me who broke down and also win, for a total of three town prizes (me, one person of my choosing, and one person who broke down ahead of me).

quinnr: you only get one extra rider? I have a feeling there may be quite a few more breakdowns today.

-----

You wanted to do FoU but you ended up roleblocked at hector?

That's better than I managed, I was just blocked. I don't think I got out of my home.

I didn't even get turned into a catgirl. :-\
Oh, now I see why that wouldn't happen.
No, I targeted hector to make an ability and was roleblocked during the night.

I can see why one or the other, but I don't really see a connection between both. What makes you think they are scumbuddies?
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 11, 2018, 09:05:35 pm »

Well t’be fair from the actions claimed so far, the only one who could’ve committed the NK is among IcyTea, quinnr, and Tiruin, and I don’t think it’s quinnr, but that’s mostly from their race winning prize duplication thing, which is probably not alignment indicative.

However, you and MM claim to have been blocked, which is interesting. Were you blocked or did your action fail?

MM: same to you: were you blocked or did your action fail?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 11, 2018, 09:51:26 pm »

Webadict PM'd me saying I was blocked. I am pretty sure that whoever targeted me was with a roleblock.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 11, 2018, 09:55:23 pm »

No, I targeted hector to make an ability and was roleblocked during the night.
Oh I get it now, I didn't quite make the connection with FoU's offer to claim.

hector: Definitely a block.

FoU has a jail that should have been used on BHK. He also has BHK's block which was used ... ?
And Tiruin claimed to have a jail power.

Well t’be fair from the actions claimed so far, the only one who could’ve committed the NK is among IcyTea, quinnr, and Tiruin, and I don’t think it’s quinnr, but that’s mostly from their race winning prize duplication thing, which is probably not alignment indicative.

No offense meant, but I'm including you on the list in my head for purely precautionary reasons. I think we can mostly eliminate Tiruin as the NK: if there were two separate blocks then her jail was probably one of them. On the other hand, RGU's Inquisitor power hints at redirection and if the two of us ended up pointed at the same person then the block was also more likely her jail on either RGU's target (hector13) or mine (quinnr, to answer a question) than we both got moved to where FoU protected BHK.

So hector13, any indication you were jailed last night?
Or should I say that you will have been jailed two nights in the future?
Nah, time travel is already too confusing.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 11, 2018, 09:59:50 pm »

Nah, time travel is already too confusing.
Worst thing is that tomorrow is day 1 again, for the third time. And if history repeats itself, that means hector13 auto will trigger again at the "first" day. Oh no.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 11, 2018, 10:49:31 pm »

According to the wording of the auto it only loops the first time D1 ends, so I’m not expecting another repeat if D1 happens again.

There was no indication that I was jailed last night.

PPE: so, I believe FoU’s jailing of BHK was a day action, affecting the following night? So he could’ve used a night action during the night too? Question is would he, given his mercenary bent in this game :p

Tiruin also has a jailer-type night action...

So it’s between FoU, quinnr, and IcyTea then, I guess.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 11, 2018, 11:01:39 pm »

FoU also has a roleblock that used to belong to BHK. I think he may have roleblocked me then. But it still doesn't make sense because that would go against his wincon to get abilities from other players.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 12, 2018, 12:05:42 am »

Y'know feelings don't matter much at all when there's no backing :P
much like the content of your posts in your suspicions and narrowing people down. :-\

I can't get how or where you got your targets, but they're very spurious. It's like you lay down your suspicions and wait for people to pick up before detailing anything :V
Because I don't see like you've progressed anything but poke people. (Also at this stage, especially with such...actionsets available, I really doubt people can track down who did what unless there are abilities in play that let people do said tracking/watching :v)

No offense meant, but I'm including you on the list in my head for purely precautionary reasons. I think we can mostly eliminate Tiruin as the NK: if there were two separate blocks then her jail was probably one of them. On the other hand, RGU's Inquisitor power hints at redirection and if the two of us ended up pointed at the same person then the block was also more likely her jail on either RGU's target (hector13) or mine (quinnr, to answer a question) than we both got moved to where FoU protected BHK.
Yeah uh >_> Yeah. Totally.

Could be third party. Could.
Personally, 'unkillable' is synonymous to 'can't die on the lynch' which is synonymous to 'conditional ability activated or otherwise active due to certain conditions'.

As I can't really see how Hector could've done that whole thing unless there's a DAY ability (NOT A SUBPHASE ABILITY) that permits it or something, since we have multiple DAY lynches and all, I'm still keeping an eye on him :v but his attitude makes me feel like he's town.

You however, are a third party :I And like my broken count and memory yesterday, are one of two folks who claimed such.
Why do y'all claim third party when there's no initiative to do so?

Hey um, I'm interested, but I lost track of your marketing history. Care to summarize your stuff for trust and such? :P

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 12, 2018, 03:02:26 am »

Hector is almost certainly town, by both the facts I've seen and his behaviour. I understand why he suspects me, though. I wasn't blocked, but my action returned nothing except confirmation that MM's cloaking extends to things other than his car's location.

we have multiple DAY lynches and all
Wait, what? Do we?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 59