Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86609 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1-2 Morning: Re-Race!
« Reply #450 on: May 02, 2018, 08:52:13 pm »

If... well, if you really are unlynchable, there's still no proof you're not scum. You could be an 11 web number or something silly like that.

If you were lynched(or maybe shot) and turned out town, and didn't revive, I would first get mad at you for lying. Then I would start work on the people who voted you to see who made the least effort in joining in. I would also prod the players with low activity levels to see what they think of the whole thing.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 02, 2018, 08:56:30 pm »

Why don’t you do that now? I’m still going to be here at the end of the day if you don’t find anyone.

Bear in mind that webadict does balance his games. If I’m unlynchable scum, town has a way around it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 02, 2018, 09:04:10 pm »

Bear in mind that webadict does balance his games. If I’m unlynchable scum, town has a way around it.
I would imagine. RGU, for example, if he's town, would be able to murderize you and steal your mafiakill abilities.

Why don’t you do that now? I’m still going to be here at the end of the day if you don’t find anyone.
Yeah, sure. But don't thing I'm forgetting about you.
~~~
Started by checking the vote count for the end of Day 1-1. The only three people not voting at the end of it were BlackHeartKabal, you, and quinnr. Huh. You I'm already chatting with, BHK I'm going to have a quicktopic with as a result of my ability, so that leaves quinnr.

quinnr:
-Why weren't you voting at the end of Day 1-1? No suspects?
-Huh. I looked through the posts and couldn't find any from you after the end of Day 1-1. Did I miss any?
-Any commentary on the current goings-on?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [ Locked While Sending ] MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure
« Reply #453 on: May 02, 2018, 11:03:15 pm »

Oh, it looks like randomgenericusername has finished signing autographs in the stands! And look at that, he's in first! That's completely expected of a pro like him.

Luckily, we've got a neck-and-neck race for 2nd between BalckHeartKabal and FallacyOfUrist.

Vote Count
----------------------------
BlackHeartKabal -
FallacyOfUrist - hector13,
hector13 - randomgenericusername, FallacyOfUrist, Tiruin,
IcyTea31 - mightymushroom,
mightymushroom -
MoonyTheHuman -
quinnr -
randomgenericusername -
Tiruin -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - quinnr, IcyTea31, MoonyTheHuman, BlackHeartKabal,

5 to Hammer.

Racer - Distance | Place | Car #
--------------------------------
randomgenericusername – 125 KM | 1st | One, Two, Five
BlackHeartKabal – 120 KM | 2nd | 24
FallacyOfUrist – 120 KM | 2nd | Delta
Tiruin – 115 KM | 4th | 24601
hector13 – 105 KM | 5th | 0
quinnr – 100 KM | 6th | 666
IcyTea31 – 100 KM | 6th | 1812
MoonyTheHuman – 99 KM | 8th | NaN
mightymushroom – ? KM | ?th | 8

It is now Midday.

Midday Ends around 10 AM Thursday, May 2nd. Day Ends around 10 PM CDT Friday, May 4th.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1-2 Midday: Re-Race!
« Reply #454 on: May 02, 2018, 11:37:55 pm »

mightymushroom

You expressed distaste for BHK and Moony at the end of D1-1 here. What made you vote them at the time over me? Why BHK over Moony?

As you are voting IcyTea just now, are your concerns re:BHK and Moony gone?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 03, 2018, 01:01:22 am »

I've been going through all the latest posts and am just going to post some of my thoughts + answer questions.

quinnr: I don't think I properly understood your multi-prize claim the first time around. Walk me through it, please? If you manage to win, to whom are these prizes distributed? What number of them ends up where?
If I win the race, I can give a copy of the reward to another person. I pick who the award is given to. I just get one extra copy, but if someone ahead of me in the race breaks down, as a second ability I can pick them up on my car and they will get the same place I do. So if I understand my ability right, that would make it theoretically possible to get a copy of of a race prize if a.) I win and b.) I pick up someone ahead of me who broke down and also win, for a total of three town prizes (me, one person of my choosing, and one person who broke down ahead of me).

Not that it matters, as I've taken five! hits today and I don't think I'll be winning a race any time soon.

quinnr:
-Why weren't you voting at the end of Day 1-1? No suspects?
-Huh. I looked through the posts and couldn't find any from you after the end of Day 1-1. Did I miss any?
-Any commentary on the current goings-on?

- I tried to vote but there was forum downtime near the end of the day when I was free and I eventually gave up trying to get on. Posted this earlier.
- I don't think I've posted much today.
- Commentary to follow.

There was a lot of discussion on me being possible scum, most of which was from hector13, who was pushed pretty hard to explain the reasoning behind it but did not give much except (eventually) this:

What I have: FoU wants me lynched, very badly apparently. He has stated multiple times I’m a good player, perhaps resulting in his jumping on my very poor play as an example of some kind of second-level gambit that nobody else can see rather than it just being an example of me having completely messed up what my day reset auto did, and is ignoring me being unlynchable on top of that. He also couldn’t see that I was pressuring quinnr with a vote, instead seeing it as me distancing from my scumbuddy.

Not sure if tunnel vision coupled with a refusal to look past a strong player he knows is good at talking, or scum wanting to get rid of a difficult player. TP claim seems weird in light of his prominence this day and forcefulness in his case. Doesn’t gel with his claimed wincon to be pushing anyone for a lynch since he doesn’t need to lynch anyone.

Couple with votes since on 2 other people in a pretty speedy secession. Hector's said a bunch of times that he was mistaken about his auto, but he also stated this -right- before the day voting deadline, and it just comes off as very suspicious to me. If all the votes and (what appears to me like) desperation the past 24 hours is just frustration over a misunderstanding, that's unfortunate, but it just seems way too convenient to me right now. I'm going to go with hector13 as my vote for now.

Other thoughts:
Tiruin: Though I was originally suspicious, they've been back and giving useful thoughts so I'm not as suspicious of them any more.
IcyTea: Having a really hard time getting any sort of read on them; they have posted a few times since FoU called them out for not having much content, but hasn't had much to say. I'm in a similar boat though with just not knowing what to think about a lot of people so I don't think that's necessarily bad.

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How convenient. You say you didn't realize that your auto loop ability was end with someome dead and when people decides to vote you, you claim to be unlynchable. All of this just before day ends.

I don't believe it. Give us your full claim, before you make up anything else regarding your role.

This is from before the flip, but I think an answer would be prudent, since I don't recall seeing a full claim.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 03, 2018, 06:57:40 am »

That thing about me entering the race was my auto which was also an usable day action. It's very confusing.

Not that it matters, as I've taken five! hits today and I don't think I'll be winning a race any time soon.
5 hits?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 03, 2018, 09:04:18 am »

mightymushroom

You expressed distaste for BHK and Moony at the end of D1-1 here. What made you vote them at the time over me? Why BHK over Moony?

As you are voting IcyTea just now, are your concerns re:BHK and Moony gone?

Last question first, it is not valid to say my concerns over anyone are gone. My vote is a tool that works against one person at a time. I think my motive for voting IcyTea is clear. IcyTea indicated that he understands himself, at least. Since you yourself corrected me when I initially reached for the wrong tool in my kit, I believe you understand it as well.

The reason I suggested putting a vote on Moony was expanded just a few posts down from the one you cite.
Moony's powers revolve around the web number -1. By voting himself, his current count is -1. . . . I don't know if he's dangerous or not
As nothing outwardly untoward happened I don't plan to repeat the warning again. If I were not voting IcyTea, I might well be voting Moony on similar charges of too much gazing at his own navel.

BHK I voted because he was honestly my strongest conviction at the time: I was too uncomfortable when I tried to write a different post. As I had and still have difficulty formulating a logical argument beyond what was said then, it must have been gut/emotion at play.

-----

What made you vote them at the time over me?

It does not escape notice that you ask me to provide people I find suspicious relative to you.

Also, as gambits go, this would be a poor one for scum to pull off, since I’d for sure be lynched D2.
I’m unlynchable guys.

I think I am interested in hunting toward other suspects while the day proceeds. I don't think I'm interested in aiding your defense.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I do wonder if mightymushroom is the speediest racer here, but cloaked and hidden. Maybe a Glass Cannon?

As a follow up, when RGU uses that weird ability as an action it puts him in the "same position as first place". The only person on that list who could also be at 125km is me. I think that answers most questions about my speed.

I also note that hector's speed is down since yesterday. He is not immune to mundane Hits at least.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 03, 2018, 10:51:28 am »

I'm gonna update Midday at around 1 PM Central. I've got some stuff that needs taking care of. However, I've gotten very few actions, so send em in if you want.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 03, 2018, 11:38:39 am »

That thing about me entering the race was my auto which was also an usable day action. It's very confusing.

5 hits?

Yes; I assume that means that either a.) some town members felt my claim was a ruse and secretly / quietly hit me or b.) the mafia has a increased # of hits or ability or something along those lines.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 03, 2018, 12:46:51 pm »

hit BHK

I think we need to claim who we all hit in the morning phase, since quinnr being hit does not gel with the information I have, and his ability appears town oriented.

I do need to check something prior to that which may make it all moot, but we'll see.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 03, 2018, 12:49:38 pm »

Also I'm at L-1. Next one's the hammer.

Have I told you guys I'm unlynchable yet? :P

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 03, 2018, 01:02:41 pm »

MoonyTheHuman:
Do you feel there is someone you can't question because they won't treat your vote as pressure? Conversely, is there anyone you feel positive enough to invalidate me if I were to vote them?

-----

BlackHeartKabal:
In a game of deception and lies, being an open book is surprisingly beneficial. That, plus I understand that the Town has some animosity towards me, so there's no reason not to work in tandem with them over keeping my actions in the dark.

So who is next now that you've backed off hector?

-----

Tiruin:
Roleblock one of quinnr, IcyTea and Tiruin. Probably Tiruin; she should know better.
The big issue is that other than the focus on you, there's a lot of tells coming from those poking your actions or your deeds.
I like that last bit. In another post you pointed at three others for voting hector with little explanation. So why did you vote hector, jump off long enough to accuse IcyTea of being inept hammerscum, then jump back onto hector, all while he had claimed unlynchable? What do you think of the claim now, still voting hector?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 59