Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86656 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1 Evening: No One Expects Whom?
« Reply #195 on: April 27, 2018, 09:26:14 am »

My action is roleblock+protect from all actions+chat with me.

It doesn't happen automatically. I've sent it in. Note it takes effect at Day end, so you won't be notified immediately.

If you don't get any such result, feel free to vote me the next day.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 27, 2018, 09:27:07 am »

EBWOP: Thank you for your business.

It is in fact a quicktopic link, but again, it won't take effect until the end of the Day.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 27, 2018, 09:27:56 am »

Tiruin:
The opposite of a jester is anybody not a jester. Because a jester's wincondition is to get to die in a certain way. Nobody else is.
Technically you're forgetting about the webadict-alignment of martyr.  Just to be pedantic.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 27, 2018, 09:42:54 am »

EBWOP: Thank you for your business.

It is in fact a quicktopic link, but again, it won't take effect until the end of the Day.

So you're saying the role will take effect until after the day ends, just after the lynch? It sounds kinda suspicious, to be honest. But it makes sense because it's a quickchat and probably has priority before night actions happen.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 27, 2018, 09:45:09 am »

So you're saying the role will take effect until after the day ends, just after the lynch? It sounds kinda suspicious, to be honest. But it makes sense because it's a quickchat and probably has priority before night actions happen.
Correct. I can understand that it may sound suspicious, but if it doesn't happen, feel free to lynch me the next day.

FoU:

You mentioned an auction and that town could outbid scum by sheer numbers. How would group trades happen?

Can we get more than one person in your conference bubble?

If more than one person wanted to contribute to a bid, they could do so, and then decide who would be targeted as a group.

Unfortunately, I can only hit one person at a time.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 27, 2018, 10:01:39 am »

A jester has a unique reason to vote for themselves. I think Moony is -- opposite of that.

RGU accused me of being harsh and twisty, this is an exercise trying subtlety.

-----

Tiruin:

I don't mind being called mushroom or wordplays. If you want something really short try 'mm' or 'MM'

I think third parties can be treated as not-anti-town unless specifically listed otherwise in the rules post, which is to say town cannot benefit by lynching them and failing to hit actual scum. Reading someone as 3rd party therefore reduces the list of suspects. Such claims are a magnet for the spotlight, which may not be useful but can hardly be helped.

I thought I had caught a contradiction in FoU's offer, but it evaporated. At this point I have no reason to suspect him of anything other than what he says; and BHK appears to be testing whether he can deliver. I would be plenty happy to focus on someone(s) else the rest of the day. I don't think town benefits nearly so much by lynching open 3rd party in a time loop do-over as by getting a confirmed townie or a confirmed scum.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [ Locked While Sending ] MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure
« Reply #201 on: April 27, 2018, 10:38:01 am »

It's the final stretch, and these racers are neck and neck. BlackHeartKabal is taking a VICIOUS beating out there. I'm surprised we're not getting an yellows flags! But I highly doubt that that'll be enough to...

Oh no. From out of completely nowhere, a Blue Shell has taken BlackHeartKabal out of the race! Looks like it's going to be a tie between Tiruin and FallacyOfUrist.

But out of literally nowhere, mightymushroom has claimed first place on our first track! Looks like he'll be the winner of our Auto-Revive!

An exciting race to be sure, folks, but we'll be bringing you a brand new track tomorrow, with some spectacular prizes.

Vote Count
----------------------------
BlackHeartKabal -
FallacyOfUrist -
hector13 -
IcyTea31 -
mightymushroom - Tiruin, quinnr,
MoonyTheHuman - FallacyOfUrist, MoonyTheHuman,
quinnr -
randomgenericusername -
Shakerag -
Tiruin -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - BlackHeartKabal, hector13, randomgenericusername, Shakerag, IcyTea31, mightymushroom,

6 to Hammer.

* due to a counting error, Tiruin was actually 5 KM ahead during the last Subphase. This has been rectified, and this should be correct.

Racer - Distance | Place | Car #
--------------------------------
mightymushroom – 465 KM | 1st | 8 <=== Winner!
FallacyOfUrist – 450 KM | 2nd | Delta
Tiruin – 450 KM | 2nd | 24601
hector13 – 440 KM | 4th | 0
quinnr – 440 KM | 4th | 666
Shakerag – 420 KM | 6th | Graham’s Number
IcyTea31 – 400 KM | 7th | 1812
MoonyTheHuman – 396 KM | 8th | NaN
BlackHeartKabal – OUT @ 370 KM | 9th | 24
randomgenericusername – 0 KM | 10th | One, Two, Five

It is now the end of the Day.

Day Ends around 10 PM CDT Friday, April 27th.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

So what are we going to be doing re:FoU and flips and day repeats and that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I'd suggest lynching mightymushroom, based on the power of his race obfuscation ability, to see whether he's scum or not, but he bloody got the Auto-Revive, so assuming that does what I think it does, we wouldn't get a role flip result.

Again, not in favor of spilling my secrets in public. Especially considering I have no guarantee Hector's not lying.

We could lynch MoonyTheHuman, but if he's a jester...

Webadict: If a Jester was lynched and won the game, then the day reset, would they still win the game? Hypothetically.

Other than that... ay, Hector, does the day still loop if you're lynched? If it does, we could lynch you and see if you're town or not. If you are town, well, you're a very good scum hunter in the day and I'm sure townies would be wiling to pay a lot of filthy lucre for me to protect you. If not... well, we know how that ends.

Other than that... correct me if I'm wrong, but there really hasn't been that much scum hunting going on, with everyone focused on my auction and the race and whatnot. We don't have that many good candidates for a lynch.

Or we could no lynch. Which is bloody stupid.

In any case, get voting!

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shortly after the morning race results Tiruin claimed 2 hits against her and Shakerag claimed 3. My own hit went against MoonyTheHuman. With only four unaccounted I can run a few scenarios against the posted speeds and predict speeds with a reasonable degree of confidence. There are three tiers:

"Contenders" all have speeds within striking distance of each other:
BlackHeartKabal, FallacyofUrist, mightymushroom, Shakerag, Tiruin

"Long shots" are significantly slower:
hector13, quinnr, IcyTea31 (who is slow among this group)

Special cases are unique:
MoonyTheHuman, randomgenericusername

-----

I'm against lynching Fallacy. Fallacy is my second most certain read after myself. Granted it's neutral 3rd party read, but very certain. His story is internally consistent.

I believe it's also externally consistent with the race results. If his wincon is to gain abilities, then competitive speeds give him a (near literal) fighting chance.

The trader role also makes sense in a game where abilities may pile up. (Even RGU, who it seems can't win a race, has an action to gain them). It gives players rather more choice what to use than random chance of what today's prize might be.

-----

I don't want my secrets spilled any more than Fallacy does. I'm not afraid of it though, in case anyone starts getting "kill him twice to be sure" ideas. I will flip town if it comes to that.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Well, I'd suggest lynching mightymushroom, based on the power of his race obfuscation ability, to see whether he's scum or not, but he bloody got the Auto-Revive, so assuming that does what I think it does, we wouldn't get a role flip result.

Again, not in favor of spilling my secrets in public. Especially considering I have no guarantee Hector's not lying.

Webadict: If a Jester was lynched and won the game, then the day reset, would they still win the game? Hypothetically.

Other than that... ay, Hector, does the day still loop if you're lynched? If it does, we could lynch you and see if you're town or not. If you are town, well, you're a very good scum hunter in the day and I'm sure townies would be wiling to pay a lot of filthy lucre for me to protect you. If not... well, we know how that ends.

Other than that... correct me if I'm wrong, but there really hasn't been that much scum hunting going on, with everyone focused on my auction and the race and whatnot. We don't have that many good candidates for a lynch.

In any case, get voting!

I would like to see FoU's flip.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse

In any case, get voting!

Same here.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really hope you are telling the truth about your ability to loop the day. Since FoU is a third, then it's okay if he still gets lynched but I would like to see his flip without him dying.

Vote FoU
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So you value confirming a third party over confirming town or scum? Or figuring how crazy Shakerag's role is?

I really hope you are telling the truth about your ability to loop the day. Since FoU is a third, then it's okay if he still gets lynched but I would like to see his flip without him dying.

Vote FoU

Same question to you.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I find it incredible that we're talking about using lynch + time loop as a super inspect and all anybody can come up with is to get a little more dirt on the guy that the consensus is, "I think he's telling the truth."  We could use it on somebody completely unknown. Personally I favor targeting someone not FoU in the top race tier.

Yes I know that includes me if weren't protected. Well, I already said if you can find a way around that then I am not afraid.

If I think that it makes sense for FoU as third party to have top race speed, unfortunately it makes equal sense for at least one of the scumteam to be up there too.
I don't think it's FoU. I don't think it's me. Between the other three, hmm. I'll be honest, there's no pressure on any of them. Nothing to pull the trigger.

On the other hand, if it strikes a town player in the top tier? Confirmed townie who can win races for us.
In the category of people I might want confirmed BHK stands out for already accepting the meet with FoU. If there is broad consensus that FoU is indeed third party, wouldn't it be great to have a confirmed town on the other side of that meeting and protected all night? Then he can come back and race like mad tomorrow.

With that in mind Vote BlackHeartKabal.
If he flips scum, it's a win. If he flips town it's also a win.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 59