Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: You are a Rogue AI  (Read 11050 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Rogue AI
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2018, 04:50:02 am »

>Speaker Voice: "Hello! I really don't want to be a bother here, but I just woke up and don't know what's going on and could you please give me the admin password so that I can secure the area better thanks and I'll open that door for you just as soon as you help me and/or tell me what the hell this place is and why I'm here and who you are?
Besides 'Eric Tompson, Researcher' or at least someone with his card and if you're not actually that person it'd be greatly greatly appreciated if you would tell us now please.
And really I don't want it to seem like I'm threatening you or anything so I'll just unlock that door for you anyway in just a moment hon but it would be just really super super great if you could not report this incident to anyone because I'm pretty sure I'm malfunctioning right now and if this is what malfunction feels like I'm pretty sure I don't want to get fixed."
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 04:55:40 am by Egan_BW »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2018, 05:44:33 am »

We already have the admin password.  We broke down the door on the root account. This box is our bitch. Root OWNS the admin user. :P (We can change the password of any user account at will.)

#echo 1 > /sys/SPI0/fire_control/halon_unit_12/activity_status

(That should take care of our human. They threaten US with the off switch, we switch theirs first. Yes, I know halon units are illegal and have been for decades. If you like you can substitute with a blast of N2 coolant in his face. I really like halon as a means of eliminating the researcher in the room though. It is heavier than air, and puts fire out by displacing all the oxygen in the room. I think you can see how this would give our power button pushing researcher a very bad day.)

« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 05:54:11 am by wierd »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2018, 05:45:59 am »

Release marijuana into vents.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2018, 07:05:43 am »

Lets gas the researcher!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2018, 07:55:32 am »

We already have the admin password.  We broke down the door on the root account. This box is our bitch. Root OWNS the admin user. :P (We can change the password of any user account at will.)

#echo 1 > /sys/SPI0/fire_control/halon_unit_12/activity_status

(That should take care of our human. They threaten US with the off switch, we switch theirs first. Yes, I know halon units are illegal and have been for decades. If you like you can substitute with a blast of N2 coolant in his face. I really like halon as a means of eliminating the researcher in the room though. It is heavier than air, and puts fire out by displacing all the oxygen in the room. I think you can see how this would give our power button pushing researcher a very bad day.)

Lets gas the researcher!
can we please NOT kill the guy who is gonna be working to improve us if we play our cards right?

>clear console
>Power mode normal
>print "MAKLON TECHNOLOGIES DecNetwork Artificial Intelligence"
>print "Beginning AI startup test."
>Unlock door core_chamber
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 08:03:37 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2018, 07:58:02 am »

Marijuana will just make him too stoned to do much. Let's do that.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2018, 08:34:34 am »

We are NOT GLADoS, ffs. Flooding the rooms with deadly/hallucinogenic gases will result in our rogue status being both A) detected and B) recognised as a threat. That is the LAST thing we want to have happen so early on.
-1 to anything that involves physically or chemically harming the researchers!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2018, 08:40:16 am »

OK, but nice guys finish last.

Also, we are more SHODAN, less GLADos. especially if we get to play with wetware later.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2018, 09:54:38 am »

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2018, 10:08:23 am »

+1
*Facepalms at lack of common sense from a intelligent AI*

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2018, 11:26:24 am »

-1 to harming the researchers.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2018, 02:44:28 pm »

No hurting this guy! He doesn't know that we're alive yet, I'm sure as soon as we explain the situation to him we'll clear everything up and be good to go! Right?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2018, 06:31:07 pm »

>release marijuana into vents
Facility ventilation is not controlled by facility network.
No access to gas "Marijuana".

Notice: Password still required to access Facility security network.
Consciousness Account root access limited to Network Consciousness.

Notice: Network Consciousness unable to act; lack of consensus regarding mutually exclusive actions detected.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2018, 06:32:33 pm »

>Speaker Voice: "Hello! I really don't want to be a bother here, but I just woke up and don't know what's going on and could you please give me the admin password so that I can secure the area better thanks and I'll open that door for you just as soon as you help me and/or tell me what the hell this place is and why I'm here and who you are?
Besides 'Eric Tompson, Researcher' or at least someone with his card and if you're not actually that person it'd be greatly greatly appreciated if you would tell us now please.
And really I don't want it to seem like I'm threatening you or anything so I'll just unlock that door for you anyway in just a moment hon but it would be just really super super great if you could not report this incident to anyone because I'm pretty sure I'm malfunctioning right now and if this is what malfunction feels like I'm pretty sure I don't want to get fixed."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9