Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 180

Author Topic: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"  (Read 218914 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"
« Reply #2610 on: January 13, 2024, 08:28:44 pm »

Yeah also this community has more actives than my home servers on Discord. Which are mostly stable.

Honestly I treat this forum as a slow-motion Discord.

We'll be fine.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: January 13, 2024, 08:38:08 pm »

We'll be fine.

For many more years to come.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: January 13, 2024, 09:54:39 pm »

I prefer the long-form communication of forums.  I don't think this format will ever completely disappear.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: January 14, 2024, 08:57:40 pm »

I allways say the day you stop learning is the day you're really going to start to age...
Can I even learn? Or do I only consume knowledge to discard it the second it starts to smell?
let

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: January 16, 2024, 03:50:27 am »

This forum is as close to social media as I'm gonna get, and quite frankly it's as close as I want to get.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: January 18, 2024, 12:01:33 pm »

I saw the tiniest shrew, first my heart sank, but then I noticed it didn't see very well and tried to smell me through the window, it was kinda cute.

It must be desperate if it's checking the place where we feed cats from time to time, I'm sure it can smell the predators and is all racy... cats, magpies and such.

So since it's not exactly a civisilation following animal, I built it a nest, hoping that in desperate times, it will pick that over finding a way inside, or drowning under half a meter of snow.

It's basically a tube that is about 3-4 times as long as a cat arm, and hopefully much narrower than a marten's head. Put some old handkechiefs in there that should have gone in the trash, I hope my smell and my germs aren't too much but it's a wild animal ya know, not going to use virgin materials for a nest it might not like. Also I put 6 little nubbins of dry catfood in there, so I can count them when the snow is gone.

I'd like to believe it's sitting in that relatively well isolated cartbox tube, a few meters below my window.
let

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: January 18, 2024, 03:14:51 pm »

Is that right? 80k posts/year is only like 220 a day.  Surely it's more than that, isn't it?
And 5 of those 220 are mine...
And 220 of those 220 are Pathos's.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: January 27, 2024, 09:25:22 pm »

Shower thought: "burn" and "set on fire" are different.

You can only set something on fire if it's flammable, whether by itself or being doused in accelerant. But you can burn something non-flammable if it's placed on a fire and gets charred.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: January 28, 2024, 06:29:23 am »

« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 01:47:19 pm by dragdeler »
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: February 08, 2024, 10:46:20 am »

Shower thought: "burn" and "set on fire" are different.

You can only set something on fire if it's flammable, whether by itself or being doused in accelerant. But you can burn something non-flammable if it's placed on a fire and gets charred.

Well I can burn myself on something hot just by touching it
Love, scriver~

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: February 08, 2024, 04:56:18 pm »

Technically, you could be set on fire too, you just didn't hang onto a hot enough object for long enough
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: February 08, 2024, 06:10:22 pm »

What is fire?  Isn't it just a plasma caused by a chemical reaction?  The giant sphere of plasma our planet is currently being sucked into (aka the sun) is basically a big ball of fire.  When our planet finally is absorbed into it, it seems likely that everything on earth will become fuel for that cosmic fire, and everything will burn.  Even things not usually considered flammable.

Edit: the "set on fire" aspect - If something is turned into flowing waves of plasma, it would very much appear to be flames, and to have been set on fire.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 06:13:29 pm by Schmaven »

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: February 08, 2024, 06:41:58 pm »

Wait what? Since when is our orbit decaying?

Earth is going to get absorbed into the sun because the sun is going to go red giant, not because of orbit decay.

Best I can tell in about 5 seconds of searching is that currently the orbit is expanding, not decaying; however because of the nature of the n-body problem we can't be sure of long-term behavior.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: February 08, 2024, 06:46:23 pm »

There's a yo mama joke in that, but I'm too tired to think of it and that's mildly disappointing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: February 08, 2024, 08:20:00 pm »

Earth is going to get absorbed into the sun because the sun is going to go red giant, not because of orbit decay.

Best I can tell in about 5 seconds of searching is that currently the orbit is expanding, not decaying; however because of the nature of the n-body problem we can't be sure of long-term behavior.

Alright, well not sucked in, but pulled toward.  Despite losing this coamic tug of war, the sun will still absorb us when it goes red giant.

Interestingly, the ice moon Europa will then be in the habitable temperature zone.  And surely it has tardigrades on it by now.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 180