Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM LORE Q&A! (and Hub?)  (Read 54032 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM LORE Q&A!
« Reply #255 on: July 24, 2018, 02:00:16 pm »

1.Hmmm, okay, I remember that dwarves don't reproduce with humans

but elfs do so...

ignoring the fact that a lineage with elf blood means that there will be a rain of elven assassins after you, what are the other influences? closer to make (at least our direct lineage) magical again, albeit not pure humans?

2.what was the reason that humans stopped being "pures"?

3. Do we really got any chance to make humans magical again?

1. None, unless the elfman hybrid moves to Tisilenteliya and works hella hard to get into politics. But hey, 'I banged an elven princess' is a rightful acheevo!

2. Too much time spent on warfare, breeding, consuming, and not being one with nature or pursuing lengthy mystical rituals ("I will die by 40 I ain't got time for dis"). Elves, who live up to half a millenium, and dwarves, that easily get to 150s/200s, have plenty time to do stuff.

3. Very slim, and that's a long term project for next few hundred years ;v

Can hurtlings reproduce with a human?.

Like with elves, it will produce many stillbirths and some very interesting deformities.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 24, 2018, 02:04:51 pm »

so mystic rituals strengthen magic inside a person?.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 24, 2018, 02:08:02 pm »

I don't care how slim it is! Magic is more than worth it! Magic, Pantheonism, and Luathbas [*Prophet eyes the Duchy of Koi*] are my eternal goals in this game.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 24, 2018, 02:09:51 pm »

I don't care how slim it is! Magic is more than worth it! Magic, Pantheonism, and Luathbas [*Prophet eyes the Duchy of Koi*] are my eternal goals in this game.
if it is possible then 1+ unlimited power!.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 24, 2018, 02:10:42 pm »

Screw magic, that shits for dwarves and elves. Better we go the tech route and wipe out/make into fantasy the other races.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 24, 2018, 02:13:42 pm »

Screw magic, that shits for dwarves and elves. Better we go the tech route and wipe out/make into fantasy the other races.
why not both and have mad scientist working in our labs.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 24, 2018, 02:14:58 pm »

Yeah I honestly don't care about magic either, I just want Methiant to survive. Also, why should we curse ourselves with the name of an old, failed kingdom? Out with the old kingdom, in with the new empire. Besides, any efforts we make to get magic will just be ruined by the other humans anyway so it's kind of pointless unless we somehow manage to make all of the humans in the world dedicate themselves to magic, which ain't happening.

Also I believe it's been mentioned that magic and tech are both mutually exclusive, could be wrong though.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 24, 2018, 02:18:19 pm »

I just went back to that post and I do believe they did indeed refer to it as a Ancient Wand. I have to agree that this must be investigated!

It makes the people believe the staff holder's ascension is perfectly legit.

There you go, a cross-post for once ;v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 24, 2018, 02:19:23 pm »

...If thats true, then... shit.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 24, 2018, 02:35:07 pm »

why not both and have mad scientist working in our labs.

Maths is why. Let me demonstrate.

Elves and Dwarfs=Bad
Magic=Elves and Dwarfs
QED: Magic=Bad

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 24, 2018, 02:37:11 pm »

Okay you might have a point but what about the hurlings?.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 24, 2018, 02:42:28 pm »

Hurthlings have been noted to be the second least magical race, behind humans, and have the potential to survive in a world without magic, so they are fine.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 24, 2018, 02:48:52 pm »

But they would lose their magical green thumb.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 24, 2018, 02:49:56 pm »

It doesn't seem to be that much magic so much as just that they are knowledgeable about farming.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 24, 2018, 08:28:56 pm »

I don't really think of Dwarves and Elves = bad though. In fact since we've come to an agreement with the Dwarves I'm of the opinion that Dwarves = good. It's just costs to much money and blood to maintain constant hostile relations with the Dwarves. I think the only reason we did it for a while there is because Cyl the Great wasn't a man the backed down from anything... even if he couldn't realistically win in the situation. You had to push really hard to get him to admit defeat and even then it was only temporary most of the time. Anyway maintaining a beneficial and prosperous relationship with the Dwarves is better than fighting them.

Also what Human magic like back when it was a thing?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35