Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: It Resonates  (Read 7377 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: It Resonates
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2018, 06:02:18 am »

Quote from: door
Insect Repellent

Reach take arm grab podia have thing object mine

"Disgusting shrimps"
One wheel short of a wagon

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2018, 06:07:43 am »

Raise both arms and smash the glass floor. It's continued existence is bothering me.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2018, 03:03:33 pm »

"Oh hey Jack. How about that money you owe me?"

Shrug.
Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

"Wrong answer."
A bolt of lightning atomizes you. You are now the size of an atom.
[3 Saturation drained]

Well, more like several atoms, just not all at once.

"We must grow", a myriad of voices declare in unison, seemingly emanating from the swarm. The mass of insects completely engulfs the torn pieces of flesh, and soon nothing is left behind. Using its newly acquired nutrients, Legion grows.

Yet the hunger remains, and soon Legion is hunting again. The newcomer seems to have caught its attention. It pursues the doll, intent on consuming it as well.
Spoiler: Legendary Marksdorf (click to show/hide)
"Not one, not many," the doll says quite zany, "can catch me now or ever, my body snatch nor my lifeline sever!"
With fire under tail, he runs without fail. Built to be a perfect friend, he doesn't quite like this escaping trend.
But there's not enough floor, he must run through a door, yet there's nowhere to flee but the door labeled INACREE.
Spoiler: IcyTea31 (click to show/hide)

[Resonance: 1 (1d6)]
The swarm feasts on its flesh, but as if by some trickery no growth can occur, and the flesh quietly dissipates.
Hungry, the swarm sets course for the doll.

[Antiresonance: 2 (1d2+1)]
[Partition: 0 (1d2-1)]
The doll is instantly coated in bugs which seem... unable to metabolize porcelain? Odd.
[1 Saturation generated.]

Tommy flees to INACREE...
[Resonance: 4 (1d8-2)]
Behind the door is a nice little doll-sized house inside the domed chamber.

"Oh, so that's how it is."

Dive upon a reasonably small ungulate in a sneak attack to relieve them of their bloodied skull.
Spoiler: Harry Baldman (click to show/hide)

Sneak attack!
[Antiresonance: 5 (1d6-1+2)]
Crack!

A two-fisted smash to the head snaps a small elk's neck and it crumples like a bag of elk meat. The rest of the ungulates flee through a door labeled, oddly enough, "exit".

Insect Repellent

Reach take arm grab podia have thing object mine

"Disgusting shrimps"
Spoiler: NJW2000 (click to show/hide)

[Resonance: 3 (1d4-1)]
An arm reaches through a door and into there being a can of insect repellent available. Another arm takes the can.
Shake shake shake. Test. Sssssssss. It sprays, alright.
Application?
[Antiresonance: 9 (1d8+1+1)
The bugs fo not appear to like that. Or at least, that's an emotion that one might ascribe to these individually unfeeling drones, because the chemical is dissolving them.

(That is unfortunate for our swarm. [1 Saturation dissipates])

Raise both arms and smash the glass floor. It's continued existence is bothering me.
Spoiler: randomgenericusername (click to show/hide)

[Antiresonance: 7 (1d10+3)]
The glass is shattered. And the reflection beneath comes racing up to meet its counterpart.
Resonating bell collides with Antiresonating bell, and they... merge, in a way. The great bell of calling now looks considerably more menacing, giving a feeling that something bad is going to happen.

God gets up from his chair and claps once. "Haha! I like it! Shake things up a bit around here, huh? I hope you like that new bell~"
With a snap of his fingers God disappears.

"Oh yeah, and don't worry about that skull, My Boy. More where that came from babe~"

The Bell rings once, It Resonantes, bringing with it mirrored Antiresonance. A call accross universes, calling for Antiresonating beings. Dangerous things.
The chamber expands in anticipation, creating a better arena for a fight.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2018, 03:07:59 pm »

"So do you want the skull or not, I got one right here."

Rip out the small elk's skull anyway. Maybe build something cool outta dem bones while I'm at it.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2018, 04:30:00 pm »

Try to find an unlabeled door and go through it. If there are no unlabeled doors, try breaking the bell so it desn't make more annoying noises. It's creating sound and resonance.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2018, 04:37:32 pm »

in soviet russia, bell break you!

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2018, 12:28:27 am »

Escape throught a door at random, for we are unable to read, hoping there is more suitable food behind it.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2018, 02:25:35 am »

A doll-sized house... or a house-sized doll?

With running having taken his zest, he is now quite ready for rest. The doll went inside and into a bed he lied.
The bed had a mattress hard as stone, the next had too many pillows sewn, but the third was a sight: soft, hard and just right.
His strings fell as he faced the stairs, wishing for a sleep unbroken by bears. Still, he closed his eyes, ready for the dreamworld's skies.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2018, 03:47:52 am »

Krill

mate
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2018, 03:34:17 am »

"So do you want the skull or not, I got one right here."

Rip out the small elk's skull anyway. Maybe build something cool outta dem bones while I'm at it.
Spoiler: Harry Baldman (click to show/hide)

Shlorp. Turns out skull-extraction is easy! Skull get! You stick it on top of your head for safekeeping.
[Cognisance: 4 (1d6+1)]
You get a neat axe made of bone. If you give it a good two-handed swing, you should be able to get some more skulls!

Try to find an unlabeled door and go through it. If there are no unlabeled doors, try breaking the bell so it desn't make more annoying noises. It's creating sound and resonance.
Spoiler: randomgenericusername (click to show/hide)

As said before, all the doors in the domed chamber are marked. Fortunately, the doors inside yourself are not, so let's dive into yourself!
You are now inside Nihil. This being a dark hallway lined with unmarked doors. Down the hall a good ways it bends sharply left, and it seems brighter in that direction as well. All is quiet except for the humm of the ventilation and a soft scraping to your right, behind one of the doors. And... is that breathing?

Escape throught a door at random, for we are unable to read, hoping there is more suitable food behind it.
Spoiler: Legendary Marksdorf (click to show/hide)

Through the door you go. Seeking the door marked "Salvation", perhaps?
Well, the good news is that you're not melting anymore. The bad news is that there's no more food here than before! Wait for it, though.

A doll-sized house... or a house-sized doll?

With running having taken his zest, he is now quite ready for rest. The doll went inside and into a bed he lied.
The bed had a mattress hard as stone, the next had too many pillows sewn, but the third was a sight: soft, hard and just right.
His strings fell as he faced the stairs, wishing for a sleep unbroken by bears. Still, he closed his eyes, ready for the dreamworld's skies.
Spoiler: IcyTea31 (click to show/hide)

Sleep. Restful, perhaps?
I can't say what a lost dolly may dream of, only my own dreams. The mechanical muse might help, though.

...All is violent, all is bright...

...Death Pit of Ur...

...Endless Route...

Make of it what you will.

Sighs.
Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

Sigh.

Krill

mate
Spoiler: NJW2000 (click to show/hide)

Hey look, krill!
You want to... mate with the krill? I'm not writing this shi-

Ding-dong, bell rings. Hell rings back. You know what that means. Let's see what it brings!
A knight in armor, black as night, helmet a skull, with a tattered cape. In his hands is a rather overcompensatingly large scythe, which is also a gun.
"...What a waste of time. I'll end this pointless nightmare and then we can get back to more important things."
Spoiler: Egan_BW (click to show/hide)

((Apologies for taunting.))
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 06:01:22 pm by Egan_BW »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2018, 03:37:47 am »

"Skullboy's stealing my look. Oh well."

Open the door to BREAKROOM

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2018, 06:03:15 am »

Now safe from peril, the Swarm resumes its endless hunt. It seems the next target is the skull-donning human. Pursue him.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2018, 06:13:22 am »

Now safe from peril, the Swarm resumes its endless hunt. It seems the next target is the skull-donning human. Pursue him.

Just to make sure, do you mean Your Boy Lightness or Narcissus?

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2018, 06:40:13 am »

Oh, I missed the part where you character puts the skull on it's head, soz. I meant Narcissus.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6