Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: It Resonates  (Read 7374 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: It Resonates
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2018, 12:49:02 pm »

I just hope that I guessed right. I hope I don't resonate with the number 5 instead of having 5 points in Resonance.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2018, 04:14:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To start with, it's all black. Dark of void, dark of ignorance, dark of the lights being out. But dark is not nothing. So
It Resonates.
Somewhere else, where the sun is shining and shadows are filled in by mounted lights, a doomed young mage tries to push forth a last assault. But the void is unamused, and the mage is coiled up in darkness. His soul is no more. A void where a mind should be. Indenting down, into the darkness. Creating something far emptier. To this hole in everything, the total black surrounding it is blindingly bright. Lacking Partition, the dark flows uncontrolled into the void, and it burns.

...As if in reaction to the void's pain, the darkness stirs to life. Drawing in white chalk new lines and boundaries. Inside and Outside. Above and Below. Lines on a blank canvas represent unlimited potential. And
It Resonates.
Somewhere else, a new world is created. A new world of infinite potential, potential for souls. Created by the ultimate Devourer, a god of exponential growth, so that he may grow strong, and fight his unending war against the ultimate Annihilator, a god of infinite power. A new world, raised to slaughter. Its arms reach out everywhere, even to the white chalk on the darkness.

Death and conquest, consumption, desperate stands and overwhelming tide. The roar of beasts as the last few hide in unsteady shelter.
It Resonates.
Somewhere far above the great bell finally rings, and from that tone flows a swarm of hateful biting insects. A world-eating tide in miniature. Its hunger is immense, but its surroundings are confusing, difficult to discern food. All around tendrils flow like water, but a body is not forthcoming. Difficult to kill what has no origin or end.

I won't presume to know My Boy's story, but it seems evident enough that he found it wiser to stride forward than to remain where he was. Through the Green door he goes, finding himself in a circular chamber; far above is a domed ceiling from which hangs a great bell from heavy iron chain.
It Resonated.
Turning around Lightness sees no more Green door, but a multitude of Blue ones, lining the walls of this chamber. Each one with a simple placard above it, labelled with one word. Though the chamber is not large, there seems to be a label for every word imaginable.

A brief silence falls over the chamber, almost expectant. Waiting for something, someone with the guts to shake things up a little.
It Resonates.
Beneath the floor another door opens, and a handsome young humanish strides onto the underside of that glass floor. He sees that far below the ground slopes up to meet the walls, and a great Singing Bowl stands up, supported from below by a chain.

The Universe glares at this newcomer as if wanting a name, at which the stranger merely sighs. The Universe decides that Trusty Jack would be a fine title.

(So, in simpler words what we have here is a person-shaped hole filled by darkness, a mass of cosmic tendrils weaving through anything and everything, a glob of hungry army ants, and two human-looking fellows who took a door here from where-ever they were before, thinking that this place must be better than where they were.

As for this place, at the moment it's a cylindrical chamber split in half by a glass floor at the center point. Accessible by those standing on that floor are a great many doors leading out, each one labeled differently. At the top of the chamber the ceiling is domed, and a giant bell hangs from a chain. The domed ceiling, the bell, and the doors are all mirrored below the glass.)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2018, 04:50:11 pm »

Nihil decides to not break the silence and just starts moving around the room.

Inspect the labels on these doors. Inspect the spaces between the doors, making sure there aren't any doors between the doors. Now count the doors. If there's something I could hate, it would probably be an infinite amount of things.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2018, 06:14:13 pm »

Driven by it's insatiable hunger, the Legion attempts to devour the surrounding tendrils.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2018, 02:24:32 am »

Your Boy Lightness to the domed chamber came, and pondered the way forward. A door caught his eye.

"... what even is that?"

Take the door labeled SLEESTAK.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 03:06:42 am by Harry Baldman »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2018, 02:55:52 pm »

Integrate infiltrate insatiable insect incorporate involve intermingle interweave include irresistibly incapacitating invaders

"Tentacles"
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 04:50:19 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2018, 04:12:06 pm »

Spoiler: Room for one more? (click to show/hide)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2018, 02:29:47 am »

*Looks around*

Well I still got five players, one of 'em looks pretty different though. Was going to write something over the weekend but if I don't get a full set of actions I'm content to wait till Thursday.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2018, 12:31:25 am »

(Late by a bit, but I blame the forum breaking for a while there.)

Your Boy Lightness to the domed chamber came, and pondered the way forward. A door caught his eye.

"... what even is that?"

Take the door labeled SLEESTAK.
Spoiler: Harry Baldman (click to show/hide)

Salts Eek
Sate Elks
Stakes El
Sat Sleek

Lightness steps through the door labeled SLEESTAK and finds himself in a very similar room, containing the same other four entities as before. There appears to be no way back.
New in this room however, is a strangely pungent pile of salt, to which ungulates are attracted and begin chewing on the red crystal.
Meanwhile God himself takes a seat on a luxurious looking chair and lays down the stakes.

"The doors lead not to new spaces, but to new things in the one space. Use them wisely or you'll attract the powerful things. Then you'll be but a stain on the wall, ho ho!
And just for fun, let's say you bring me a skull before five turns have passed or I'll smite you."

Stalk.
Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

You wind your way through the door behind Yaboi. After god gives him the rundown, he notices you.
"Oh hey Jack. How about that money you owe me?"

If it's data on Your Boy you're after, well, I can't really help you there. Sure, you get a good look at em, but maybe Harry's the one should fill you in on what you see, see?

Nihil decides to not break the silence and just starts moving around the room.

Inspect the labels on these doors. Inspect the spaces between the doors, making sure there aren't any doors between the doors. Now count the doors. If there's something I could hate, it would probably be an infinite amount of things.
Spoiler: randomgenericusername (click to show/hide)

Counting that which is as of yet unnumbered? Sounds like good excuse for our first roll! This is a sort of roll-playing game, after all!
[Cognisance: -1 (1d6-2)]
You look at the doors. You want to stop looking at the doors now. You feel like a door now. Are you infinite too, now? You're-
Well, to look right down it you're now a hole that leads to dark, and to doors. An unlit hallway, lined with the things. These ones aren't marked, and have some pretty concerning things behind them~

Driven by it's insatiable hunger, the Legion attempts to devour the surrounding tendrils.
Spoiler: Legendary Marksdorf (click to show/hide)
Integrate infiltrate insatiable insect incorporate involve intermingle interweave include irresistibly incapacitating invaders

"Tentacles"
Spoiler: NJW2000 (click to show/hide)

Creation Combats Consumption.
[Antiresonance: 2 (1d2+1)] vs [Partition: 1 (1d2)]
[Antiresonance: 3 (1d2+1)] vs [Partition: 4 {1d2+2)]

The swarm bites at the tentacles, tearing away small pieces here and there. Polypus tries to counterattack, slapping at the tiny insects, but is unable to harm them. Defeated, the arms withdraw to a safer place while the swarm feasts on what flesh it has.

Spoiler: Room for one more? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: IcyTea31 (click to show/hide)

Oh dear, somebody has lost her doll! Will she miss it, or will she not even notice, occupied with the others? The bell does not know. But
It Resonates
A little lost dolly appears on the glass floor, desaturated. Will it prove the key to opening up a strange painted world?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2018, 01:58:42 am »

Steal.
"Oi, hands off!" the doll scoffs, as it opens its eyes to see, pulls its own string and away it flees.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2018, 03:53:30 am »

"We must grow", a myriad of voices declare in unison, seemingly emanating from the swarm. The mass of insects completely engulfs the torn pieces of flesh, and soon nothing is left behind. Using its newly acquired nutrients, Legion grows.

Yet the hunger remains, and soon Legion is hunting again. The newcomer seems to have caught its attention. It pursues the doll, intent on consuming it as well.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 04:52:04 am by Legendary Marksdorf »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2018, 04:42:50 am »

If it's data on Your Boy you're after, well, I can't really help you there. Sure, you get a good look at em, but maybe Harry's the one should fill you in on what you see, see?

Picture a four foot humanoid, very pale with solid white eyes. His hands are lumpy, his tongue is white and his teeth are somewhat sharp.

"Oh, so that's how it is."

Dive upon a reasonably small ungulate in a sneak attack to relieve them of their bloodied skull.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2018, 04:54:06 am »

Yet the hunger remains, and soon Legion is hunting again. The newcomer seems to have caught its attention. It pursues the doll, intent on consuming it as well.
"Not one, not many," the doll says quite zany, "can catch me now or ever, my body snatch nor my lifeline sever!"
With fire under tail, he runs without fail. Built to be a perfect friend, he doesn't quite like this escaping trend.
But there's not enough floor, he must run through a door, yet there's nowhere to flee but the door labeled INACREE.

Edit: typo.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 09:39:17 am by IcyTea31 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6