Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: One World (ISG/SG)  (Read 25647 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: One World (ISG)
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2018, 01:34:33 pm »

The tent on your left (viewpoint's right) is also legally considered the "independent country"'s embassy, and it is currently host to a notable criminal from the Empire claiming refugee status. The chase to stop him from getting in was the most excitement you've had all year, and you've been trying to coax him out with jerky and backgammon to no avail. You can assume someone back home is living a bureaucratic nightmare trying to assemble the relevant extradition paperwork, but that's not your problem. Out here, everyone ends up a friend no matter what your reasons for being here might be.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2018, 01:39:23 pm »

The monthly supply airbarge will be arriving soon, and it can be seen in the distance. Hopefully nothing happens to it!

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2018, 06:50:58 am »

You take a moment to ponder why you've been stationed here. You don't know very much about this place, but you did hear that there was some kind of rebellion here about ten years ago, and that it was declared an independent country at one point. Perhaps that has something to do with why you've been situated here?

The place is sparsely vegetated and nearly devoid of life, though you do see bits of greenery here and there, seemingly more prominent deeper in the mountains. Occasionally, you or the others would find artifacts, probably from years ago; dilapidated equipment, worn pieces of cloth that were likely at one time very luxurious, and oddly enough, various types of specialized alchemical components and waste products. The troops have mentioned on a few occasions that something doesn't seem quite right here, but no one can really put their finger on it.

Speaking of the troops, there are only a dozen soldiers stationed here, yourself included. You know the names of every single one, and a little bit of their past as well (your good memory is probably part of why you managed to get promoted in the first place). Interestingly, each of the soldiers is either a noble's child or an illegitimate heir to a title in the kingdom. You're not sure what to think of this, but it seems that you are somewhat playing the role of their babysitter, perhaps for some sort of political maneuver.

The soldier that just returned from patrol--Cadet Yandi Elham, is the son of Sir Utkith Elham and Lady Pendra, from the town of Letela. Yandi has a little sister who lives with their parents, and an uncle who is a judge in Arovale. Also, his birthday is coming up in a few days.

The soldier currently guarding the tent is Cadet Tahn, bastard son of Lord Constantio Redlun of Florendale. Tahn has a half-brother named Quizio and a half-sister named Roxelle, and his mother is a castle servant named Brenni. Tahn's birthday was a few months ago.

Suddenly, one of the scouts, a middle aged man named Tharnir from the coastal city of Hammerstone and the half-brother of Lord Kromydun of Hammerstone, runs into the camp.
"Lieutenant! I was down by the western canyon, and I spotted some smoke coming out of it; I had a closer look, and it's people burning raw Alocene! Most of them are lying on the ground, probably seeing rainbows at this point, but there are about three armed men guarding the place, sellswords no doubt. What are your orders, Ma'am?"

Alocene? That's that very potent and very illegal psychoactive substance that you're often told to confiscate on sight!

You ponder for a moment if this unlawful activity could have anything to do with the notable criminal from the Empire currently housed in the tent to your left. The tent is legally considered the "independent country"'s embassy, and the criminal is claiming refugee status, granting him diplomatic immunity from you and the Imperial forces. The chase to stop him from getting in was the most excitement you've had all year, and you've been trying to coax him out with jerky and backgammon to no avail. You can assume someone back home is living a bureaucratic nightmare trying to assemble the relevant extradition paperwork, but that's not your problem. Out here, everyone ends up a friend no matter what your reasons for being here might be.

You look around and suddenly notice that the monthly supply airbarge will be arriving soon, as you see it floating in the distance. The supplies are crucial to you and the soldiers, so it is of great importance that it arrives safely and gets properly stowed. It would certainly be less than ideal for the supplies to somehow fall into the hands of the criminal next door; though he seems benign enough for a notorious lawbreaker, the supplies contain quite a bit of jerky, of which he is well aware. You take a moment to consider how to handle the developing situations...

Spoiler: Character Info (click to show/hide)

Feel free to control any characters, create any events anywhere, or make any kinds of suggestions you want!

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2018, 08:16:46 am »

Take a moment to re-read through the orders from your superiors while you ponder over what action to take.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2018, 08:30:48 am »

"H-hold it one moment, soldier!..."
You take out the orders from your superiors, re-reading through them while pondering over what action to take...

Lieutenant Fiona Quarrel!

You and a group of assigned soldiers are deployed to (list of map coordinates), the location of an embassy to an abandoned independent nation, where you will set up camp and secure the area while awaiting further instructions! It is imperative that you ensure the safety of each of the soldiers, as you will also be acting as their guardian during the deployment!

Also, note that there will be a monthly supply airbarge sent to your location containing any necessary resources for sustenance!

Imperial Captain Phido Wobbagoo

Meanwhile, a couple of soldiers come out from the nearby tent, curious about what's going on...

...as the airbarge slowly (very slowly) continues making its way towards the camp...

> Optional: Who are the soldiers that just came out from the tent?
> Optional: What do you know about the notable criminal from the Empire? What crimes has he committed?

Feel free to control any characters, create any events anywhere, or make any kinds of suggestions you want!

Ear teeth

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2018, 01:05:21 pm »

((This has been inactive for a while, so I will try to continue it to a point where more suggestions can be made...))

Right, the soldiers are Cerune Teldias , daughter of Lord Gyerand and Lady Nira Teldias of West Bredmark, and a cousin to Princess Natasya, and Datte Omnasbo , youngest son of Lord Myrezio and Lady Riddel of the Feiterlands, a stretch of land to the far southeast of the continent.

Looking at the slow-floating airbarge in the distance, you consider the situation and decide that although the confiscation of illegal substances is a part of your job, the mission parameters demand an approach of utmost safety and caution.

"Soldiers, we have a bit of a situation! Officer Tharnir has spotted a group of rogues and mercenaries in the western canyon in possession of illegal substances. It could be dangerous to engage them, and my orders state that I am to ensure everyones' safety above all. So please alert everyone that no one is to leave the camp for any reason until further notice. Meanwhile, stay alert and be on the ready for anything while we await the incoming supply drop."

"Yes ma'am!" The soldiers reply.

You briefly eye the embassy tent, thinking about the criminal within. Keirban the Anti-Lock, they call him in the Empire, because supposedly he can break out of any lock and escape any situation. A master thief and a legendary gambler, he is notorious for eluding the authorities while completely baffling them as if it were child's play. You wonder what on earth he's doing here, in the middle of nowhere, and why he happens to be seeking diplomatic refuge in the very location you and your soldiers, representing the Imperial Army, are stationed at.

You soon return to your watchful duties. After about half an hour, the airbarge finally arrives, dropping the supply bundle in the camp. You open the package, inspecting the goods: several crates of jerky, a few barrels of water, and some medical supplies. Meanwhile, you smell the hint of smoke in the air, uncertain of whether it's the smoked jerky or something else...

> Optional: Is there anything else in the supply bundle?
> Optional: Add any additional info/details about any of the soldiers/characters (can be stuff that Fiona either knows or doesn't know about).

Ear teeth

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2018, 01:32:10 pm »

The supply barge also contains a secret shipment of explosives that are only to be used in case of emergency. Their safe arrival is doubted, however, as the workers have been ordered to pour water on the in case of an on ship accident.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2018, 03:17:18 pm »

The supply barge also contains a secret shipment of explosives that are only to be used in case of emergency. Their safe arrival is doubted, however, as the workers have been ordered to pour water on the in case of an on ship accident.
Mmmm... Wet jerky.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2018, 04:14:42 pm »

A man with offical looking uniforms comes from the west holding a letter saying he was appointed to replace you and you are moved to the south border, the only way you recognised the letter was forgery is that Tharnir recognized the name of the signer and was in his funeral.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2018, 04:31:39 am »

As you and the soldiers begin storing the supplies, you discover an odd contraption hidden within the shipment. Upon further examination, the warning labels and complex wiring systems identify the device as a pack of explosives. It doesn't seem activable at the moment, as it's been recently drenched in water. A note attached reads "USE IN CASE OF EMERGENCY". You scratch your head, unsure about where to put such a dangerous apparatus.

Datte: "What is that, Lieutenant?"
You: "Explosives."

Datte blinks a few times. "...Oh."
Cerune: "Coool!! Let's use 'em to blow up a part of the mountain and then search for gemstones!"

You look at the soldiers with a serious expression. "They are only to be used for emergencies. Understood?"
The soldiers sigh. "Yes ma'am."

As you continue storing the cargo, a man in an official Imperial uniform comes from the west, holding a letter and asking to speak with you.

Man: "Hello, I'm looking for Lieutenant Fiona Quarrel."
You: "That would be me. Who are you?"
Man: "Lieutenant Eroph Tollis. I'm here to replace you as commanding officer. You are being moved to the south border." He hands you the letter, which reads:

Lieutenant Fiona Quarrel,

You are to be replaced by Lieutenant Eroph Tollis, and re-stationed south to an Imperial encampment just north of the Kalandria County border.

Imperial Captain Zoodle Reinford

Tharnir soon walks over to you. "Everything alright, Lieutenant?"
"Yeah. It seems that I'm being relocated... Lieutenant Tollis here will be in charge now."
Tharnir looks at the letter and then raises an eyebrow.

"...You know Captain Reinford?" Tharnir asks Lieutenant Tollis.
"Oh I've never met him. This was delivered to me by one of his men."
"Hmm... I see this was signed a few days ago?"
"Yes, that's when I received the letter."
"That's interesting, considering I was at Captain Reinford's funeral over a month ago."

*moment of silence*

"...There's gotta be some kind of mistake."
"No mistake on my part. You see, the funeral was a small private gathering. Most of the world doesn't know he's dead yet..."
"So I have to question... how the Captain has awoken from his grave, signing letters of re-location?"
"...I don't know anything about that, I assure you."
"Or maybe you do. Why else would you be here?"
"...Let me return to my station and I'll find the man who gave me this letter." Lieutenant Tollis turns to you, looking a bit anxious.
"Lieutenant, we can't just let him go... something weird is going on, and he's very likely in on it..."

> Optional: Add any additional info/details about any of the soldiers/characters (can be stuff that Fiona either knows or doesn't know about).

Ear teeth

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2018, 05:00:08 am »

Suddenly, Keirban bursts from the embassy tent and declares:
"By night, I am Keirban the Anti-Lock, legendary master thief and world-renowned lovemaker...
But by day, I am Imperial Captain Zoodle Reinford!

For months, nay, years have I planned and manipulated events behind the scenes to ensure this meeting would happen here, today! Why, I hear you ask? Why should I, a high-ranking captain in the Imperial Legion, resort to such subterfuge, even arranging my own funeral and living as a criminal on the run — what end could make such a man as I go to these lengths? Ha! You shall soon see! Destiny is afoot today, ladies and gentlemen! The very fate of the world is at stake! And all of you will have a part to play! ... but the time for my monologue is at an end! Sleep well, and pleasant dreams to you all!"

As Fiona and the others all stand in shock and confusion at this revelation and those strange and nonsensical final words, their thoughts are interrupted by a bang, the seemingly-drenched explosives having suddenly been triggered, filling the camp with a cloud of dark smoke — just as the group of ne'er-do-wells previously sighted by Tharnir charge into the camp from the west, carrying with them smoldering bundles of Alocene! The potent haze of Alocene quickly replaces the dissipating smoke, and as the soporific dose takes hold, the last thing Fiona sees is a grinning Keirban, or maybe Captain Reinford, beginning to load her comrades into the airbarge, the heretofore unnoticed tattoo on his chest now clearly visible: an outstretched hand holding a spider...

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2018, 05:07:24 am »

:o
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2018, 06:41:50 am »

Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2018, 06:51:02 am »

Well, th' Empire's toast at this point.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2018, 07:54:41 am »

Suddenly, Keirban bursts from the embassy tent and declares:
"By night, I am Keirban the Anti-Lock, legendary master thief and world-renowned lovemaker...
But by day, I am Imperial Captain Zoodle Reinford!"

Tharnir looks particularly confounded, as Keirban continues:
"For months, nay, years have I planned and manipulated events behind the scenes to ensure this meeting would happen here, today! Why, I hear you ask? Why should I, a high-ranking captain in the Imperial Legion, resort to such subterfuge, even arranging my own funeral and living as a criminal on the run — what end could make such a man as I go to these lengths? Ha! You shall soon see! Destiny is afoot today, ladies and gentlemen! The very fate of the world is at stake! And all of you will have a part to play! ... but the time for my monologue is at an end! Sleep well, and pleasant dreams to you all!"

As you and the others all stand in shock and confusion at this revelation and those strange and nonsensical final words, your thoughts are interrupted by a bang, the seemingly-drenched explosives having suddenly been triggered, filling the camp with a cloud of dark smoke — just as the group of ne'er-do-wells previously sighted by Tharnir charge into the camp from the west, carrying with them smoldering bundles of Alocene!

Coughing and helpless to the chaos and smoke, you frantically look around, catching a glimpse of the airbarge returning from the skies. You soon fall to the ground, dazed and overwhelmed by the fumes, as the camp continues to get surrounded by the lichen-hauling outlaws.

The potent haze of Alocene quickly replaces the dissipating smoke, and as the soporific dose takes hold, the last thing you see is a grinning Keirban, or maybe Captain Reinford, beginning to load your comrades into the airbarge, the heretofore unnoticed tattoo on his chest now clearly visible: an outstretched hand holding a spider...

To be continued...

Who will the main character be for the next chapter?

(Choose any existing character that isn't in the current scene, or create a new character from below.)

Brief list of existing characters:

Sir Pent
Drascomi
Gammy Sommers

Optional: Feel free to include some description of the character's recent history/current situation.

New Character Creation:

(Some new sprites on the right)

You are ________ (name), ________ (title/profession) from ________ (place).
Additional character info/history: ________________ (custom/optional).

Ear teeth
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22