Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: One World (ISG/SG)  (Read 25652 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One World (ISG)
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2018, 07:50:05 am »

As they walk out of the room the blue haired woman runs past them screaming that she is being chased by mushroom men, and that the walls are melting and the rainbows are screaming.
A chef holding a big knife and mushrooms that look like something from a horror film chase after her screaming something about his payment with blood.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 08:37:48 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2018, 11:01:43 am »

You take a moment to think about who might have cause to harm this person whose name you still can't recall... and realize that you yourself have a lot of motive!
Afterall, you'd go to great lengths to keep your secret a secret... but you wouldn't commit murder! ...Most likely!
In any case, you certainly didn't do it! But it seems that someone out there wants to make it look like you did. And this is quite troubling, in addition to all the other very troubling things.

Meanwhile, it seems that you have no choice but to allow the detective's assistant to search your room.

As the two of you walk out of the room, the blue haired woman suddenly runs past you in a state of hysterical panic.
"HELP!! I'M BEING CHASED BY MUSHROOM MEN A-AND THE WALLS ARE MELTING A-AND THE RAINBOWS ARE SCREAMING!!!!" She cries, running for her life.

You and the others look in her direction with concern and a hint of knowing disapproval.

Then, a scary-looking chef holding a big knife and a bag of mushrooms hurriedly chases after her.
"YOU WILL PAY, IN BLOOD!" He roars in a savage and nearly inhuman way, shoving past the manager.
"W-What is this!?!?" The manager yells in shock and confusion.

The already-distressed pet detective, upon seeing and hearing the gruesome chef, faints on the spot. The detective's assistant is in bewilderment, trying to make some sense of what just happened.

The maid soon returns from disposing of the vomit, to see everyone in total disorientation.
"What's wrong? What's everyone looking at? ...What happened to him?" She looks at the fainted detective.

The detective's assistant looks over at you, and then at everyone else, still perplexed. "I'm... I'm going to have to look into that later..."
He then checks on his partner the pet detective, who seems to be completely out.
*sigh* "Mr. Manager, is there someplace we can put the... 'detective', until he recovers?"

"Ah, y-yes. This room should be vacant." The manager opens the door to a nearby room, and the two men carry the pet detective inside.

They soon come back out. "Now, the task at hand: I will need to search Miss Sommers' room. There was some evidence pointing to her involvement in the murder."
The maid hears this and immediately looks at you with a surprised and slightly hurt expression, then quickly looks down.

"Umm... okay." The manager glances at you, raising an eyebrow. "Right then. This way."

You, the DA, and the manager head upstairs to your room. The manager opens the door, letting the DA in.
"Take your time Mr. Detective, there's a matter I must attend to. If there's anything you need, please let us know at the front desk. Miss Sommers." The manager bows and takes his leave.

The DA begins searching through your things, and it's not long before he's able to locate your shrine dedicated to your secret lover.

"Huh? Berkie Holmgundr?... but you guys are supposed to be archrivals. Don't tell me you're--"

He picks up one of the letters Berkie sent you and reads it aloud.
"Gammy, yesterday was amazing. I've never even seen you bend that way in Otterball. We should do it again some time. Heart, Berkie."
"No, no, no, no, no, this can't be! What am I supposed to tell my girlfriend!? She's a total Seasnakes fanatic. It'd destroy her to know that Berkie Holmgundr is dating Gammy Sommers of the Sunderberg Legumes!"
"No, this is insane... if the fans found out about this, they'd--"

He suddenly pauses.

"...So that's why you did it. He found out about you and Berkie. That's why you killed him."

Spoiler: Character Info (click to show/hide)

Feel free to control any characters, create any events anywhere, or make any kinds of suggestions you want!

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2018, 11:39:37 am »

Destroyed, with no alternatives left, Gammy falls to her knees!
"I swear I'm being set up! I... look at this logically, I was in the room with you, don't you think if I'd done it I would've tried to get rid of the evidence or something? And look, I found this —"
She holds out the emblem.
"—I don't know what it means, but it's somehow connected to the Wicklers, and, and... something strange is going on here. Something far beyond a simple secret love affair. Please, you have to help me clear my name!"
"And... for decency's sake, don't tell anyone about me and Berkie. You yourself just admitted you know what would happen. I... I can't do that to the fans."

Suddenly, moments later...

The blue-haired woman crashes into the room and shouts "Wait, I just realised, she couldn't have murdered anybody, she was playing otterball in front of thousands of people when it happened!" before passing out. She won't remember any of this when she wakes up, and nobody will ever know how exactly she even figured out Gammy was a suspect to begin with. As a matter of fact, she wasn't talking about Gammy at all, but her hallucinations happened to be coincidentally topical.

Before reacting to this, the detective's assistant politely closes the door so the chef won't know the blue-haired woman is inside.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2018, 11:51:04 am »

"I swear I'm being set up! I... look at this logically, I was in the room with you, don't you think if I'd done it I would've tried to get rid of the evidence or something? And look, I found this —"
"—I don't know what it means, but it's somehow connected to the Wicklers, and, and... something strange is going on here. Something far beyond a simple secret love affair. Please, you have to help me clear my name!"
"And... for decency's sake, don't tell anyone about me and Berkie. You yourself just admitted you know what would happen. I... I can't do that to the fans."

The blue-haired woman crashes into the room and shouts "Wait, I just realised, she couldn't have murdered anybody, she was playing otterball in front of thousands of people when it happened!" before passing out. She won't remember any of this when she wakes up, and nobody will ever know how exactly she even figured out Gammy was a suspect to begin with. As a matter of fact, she wasn't talking about Gammy at all, but her hallucinations happened to be coincidentally topical.

Before reacting to this, the detective's assistant politely closes the door so the chef won't know the blue-haired woman is inside.
Can't beat that, +1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2018, 11:59:09 am »

Can't beat that, +1
I agree. Plus One

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2018, 05:55:13 am »

Can't beat that, +1
I agree. Plus One
+1 Looks good to me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2018, 01:11:40 am »

Destroyed, with no alternatives left, you fall to your knees!
You hold out the emblem.

The detective's assistant is speechless for a moment, looking at you with indecision and a hint of pity.
"...Miss Sommers--"

Suddenly, the blue-haired woman crashes into the room and shouts "Wait, I just realised, she couldn't have murdered anybody, she was playing otterball in front of thousands of people when it happened!" She then passes out.

The detective's assistant blinks several times in confusion and then politely closes the door.
He turns to you, glancing at the blue-haired woman on the ground. "How did she even know that you were a suspect!?"
You shrug, looking equally confused.

The detective's assistant pauses for a bit and then takes a deep breath.
"Miss Sommers... it's not my intention to expose any of your personal secrets. However, this evidence of your controversial relationship represents a possible motive for the murder. For now, I can keep your secret, but I can't guarantee that I will if at some point it becomes a direct link to the murder."
You sigh and nod.
"...I must admit though, something does seem a bit off. If you are being set up, I will do everything I can to help you bring the truth to light."

He takes a look at the emblem in your hand.
"You say you found this at the crime scene, and that it has something to do with the Wicklers? Hmm... I'll look into it. In fact I believe my girlfriend has a friend who's dating one of the Wicklers' players. Apparently the friend can't stop talking about it."
He looks closer at the symbol.
"Wait a minute, I think I've seen this before... it was a case from over a year ago..."
"I was just a bystander, but there was a knight who wore this symbol on his armor. I remember because it caught my eye, not to mention the man was extremely rude. What was his name again?... ah yes, Sir Culler. His name was Sir Culler."

To be continued...

Ear teeth

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2018, 01:12:02 am »

You are Fiona Quarrel, an Imperial Lieutenant originally from the city of North Groutsburg (a city split up into North and South some time ago due to a recent war).

You are very well respected by those who serve under or alongside you, but are often neglected or overlooked by your superiors for some reason.

You've just recently been promoted to Lieutenant, but you want to do more than being stationed in the middle of nowhere.

It's another quiet day in the remote location near the mountains where you've been stationed. The afternoon sun shines down on the encampment, as an occasional gust blows by.

You look around for anything out of the ordinary, but nothing in particular seems to be happening, as usual. You let out a soft sigh.

A soldier soon returns from patrol and approaches you.
Soldier: "Ma'am, Cadet Yandi here with the afternoon report. All's quiet, as usual. Saw a few jackals down by the valley, nothing of concern. Everything seems to be in order."

You nod at him.
You: "Thank you soldier."

He smiles and nods, taking his leave and retiring to one of the tents.

Like you, the troops seem to have little to do aside from guard duty, so they spend most of their time doing nothing but lounging around, gambling and chattering idly.
You wonder when you'll get to do something more than just sit around, but day after day passes with little change in anything besides the weather.

Spoiler: Character Info (click to show/hide)

> Optional: How many soldiers under your command (Cadets and Officers) are stationed at the camp?

Feel free to control any characters, create any events anywhere, or make any kinds of suggestions you want!

Ear teeth

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2018, 02:46:45 am »

10 years ago,a group of nobles decided to declare this middle of nowhere an independent country,this so called rebellion quickly ended and this place was left empty, but because weird bureaucratic law ,this place requires a military presence, which is this camp.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2018, 05:09:20 am »

> Optional: How many soldiers under your command (Cadets and Officers) are stationed at the camp?

Only a dozen soldiers or so, including you.
You know the name of every singe one, and a little bit of their past as well (Where they are from, their birthdays, family and relations.. etc.).
Your good memory is probably part of why you managed to get promoted in the first place.

10 years ago,a group of nobles decided to declare this middle of nowhere an independent country, this so called rebellion quickly ended and this place was left empty, but because weird bureaucratic law ,this place requires a military presence, which is this camp.
+1
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:14:56 am by Ultimuh »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2018, 05:23:37 am »

10 years ago,a group of nobles decided to declare this middle of nowhere an independent country,this so called rebellion quickly ended and this place was left empty, but because weird bureaucratic law ,this place requires a military presence, which is this camp.
Yes, and why did they declare it an independent country in the first place? Well, it just so happens that, though nearly devoid of life, one thing that does grow here is a kind of lichen that produces a powerful psychoactive drug known in its refined form as Alocene. The nobles wished to secure this supply to make their fortunes.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 07:38:54 am by Maximum Spin »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2018, 04:37:14 am »

You know the name of every singe one, and a little bit of their past as well (Where they are from, their birthdays, family and relations.. etc.).
Your good memory is probably part of why you managed to get promoted in the first place.

Yes, and why did they declare it an independent country in the first place? Well, it just so happens that, though nearly devoid of life, one thing that does grow here is a kind of lichen that produces a powerful psychoactive drug known in its refined form as Alocene. The nobles wished to secure this supply to make their fortunes.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
  • Surviving the cyberpocalypse of 2004, the future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2018, 10:12:08 am »

As well, everyone in your command is either a noble's child placed here for a safe and uneventful turn in the army, or an illegitimate heir to a title in the kingdom.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2018, 10:54:17 am »

One of the scouts, a middle aged man named Tharnir from the coastal city of hammerstone, suddenly runs into the camp.
Liutenant! I was down by the western canyon, and I spotted some smoke coming out of it; I had a closer look, and it's people burning raw Alocene! Most of them are lying on the ground, probably seeing rainbows at this point, but there are about three armed men guarding the place, sellswords no doubt. What are your orders, Ma'am?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2018, 11:06:15 am »

As well, everyone in your command is either a noble's child placed here for a safe and uneventful turn in the army, or an illegitimate heir to a title in the kingdom.
You are half their babysitter trying get them out of the way of important state business
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22