Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28

Author Topic: Ägashfamthut, "Bandithorses," Where we steal everything and die to caves  (Read 63370 times)

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Save here

Is anyone able to get this save from the link? Upload it somewhere else, because I'm getting 'not found' when try.

Otherwise: Moonstone_Flower, please fix the link!

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile

Save here

Is anyone able to get this save from the link? Upload it somewhere else, because I'm getting 'not found' when try.

Otherwise: Moonstone_Flower, please fix the link!

I find it hilarious that it took so long for us to notice this xD

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... took a look at Moonstone's profile, and they haven't been active for 11 days. I have a feeling that that save got corrupted, and worst case scenario is that Moonstone has already deleted the version on their computer.

So... what now? You guys want to wait for a reply from Moonstone, or do you want to revert to the save before that?

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would wait a few days at least. I don't think that Moonstone has gone forever and deleted everything.

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lets give her until next week, people have a real life to prioritize on sometimes. Besides, my save still works if push comes to shove, it'll suck having a delete a year but all is not lost

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would wait a few days at least. I don't think that Moonstone has gone forever and deleted everything.
Lets give her until next week, people have a real life to prioritize on sometimes. Besides, my save still works if push comes to shove, it'll suck having a delete a year but all is not lost

All right! I think that's a good idea. Kinda had a panic attack when I looked and realized Moonstone had vanished lol

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meanwhile, Toady said that the next release is going to be within a week. So, at the end I suggest to wait for the release, and if Moonstone would not show up, I start with the previous save.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meanwhile, Toady said that the next release is going to be within a week. So, at the end I suggest to wait for the release, and if Moonstone would not show up, I start with the previous save.

Guess we're waiting for the next release after all xD

youngbab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool! I will play my turn during the week then.

We have to roll back to Stoat tales' turn, since Moonstone haven't shown up.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool! I will play my turn during the week then.

We have to roll back to Stoat tales' turn, since Moonstone haven't shown up.

What Lurks Below has not yet updated to 44.11.

I say wait a day or two and see if it updates. I mean, waiting a tiny bit longer won't screw things up any more.

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought some (not very heavy) mods work fine for minor updates of DF... Haven't checked yet though.

But sure, let's wait a couple of days. Maybe Moonstone_flower would come back as well.

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Moonstone_Flower is still not here, and ZM5 didn't update the mod yet. Well, all it is just due to the summertime! I hope.
Let's go, to keep the ball rolling. I aready feel guilty for that huge time gap.

I updated the save to 44.11, but play with the mod of 44.10 version (seemingly works fine).
Just to remind: we had to cancel the turn of Moonstone_Flower, because we can't grab the save. Sorry!

-----------------------------

Wait, I thought I was dead? The very feeling of tearing muscles and broking bones was with me just a second ago... But here I am, in the body of a veteran marksdwarf. By a gift of almighty Armok, I was given a chance to oversee this fortress again! I will try not to give in easily to the circumstances, like at the last time.

I did some walking on the floors, talking to dwarves here and there. The place doesn't seem to change much. I can recognize most of the stuff I've seen before... After some time, the plan for nearest orders started to cristallize in my mind.

1. We need military changes. Someone kicked out "The Shooty Guys" from the old barracks, and they have nowhere to train. "Guys with big sticks" are well trained and equipped - they are absolute elite of our forces, but other squads are incomplete and mostly unequipped. We still suffer from lack of any weapon metal ore here in Bandithorses... Maybe we still have something to melt.
2. Somehow related to that - let's organize Cavern Outpost with one squad on duty, and build emergency bridge-gates. It is rather irresponsible not to observe, what's going on there, in the dark caves.
3. Another thing, I heard that our graze animals (especially precious bunnies!) were constantly being butchered in the past by the surface adversaries. Let's do a luxury and safe penal with the glass roof for them!
4. Finally, so many complaints about terrible corpses all over the place... We need a spacious and closed refuse stockpile, at the very least. Or better, a refuse destroying scheme of some sort. We have tons of crappy evlen equipments that would be great to burn as well.

So lads, let's go to work, and stick to that plan!

Massive construction works on the surface revealed the fact that almost all population of the fortess have pretty deep cave adaptation. Nausea surely doesn't add to everyone's happiness. But so far no tantrums,  although several dwarves look really unhappy.

We finished a new refuse stockpile, but there are tons of rotting corpses here and there, especially on the surface.

I'm afraid that even this huge room is not going to be enough. The best thing to do would be to create a small magma-pit nearby, and burn everything in it. But that has to wait - we haven't even found magma yet.

We have a new artifact. This time - a worthy one. The pig iron hammer - it is a shame that we didn't have a single steel ingot at that moment!

The situation gets a bit hotter. First two guys didn't handle seeing stacks of rotten remains and felt into depression:

DerpyDev is also on the edge of misery.

It is a shame, she is our baron, manager and bookkeeper. A lot of stuff depends on her! I absolutely need to cheer her up.
Among other stuff, I heard she likes gems, cages and scepters. Do you think a collection of cages and pedestals with scepters in the bedrooms (all encrusted with gems) would sooth her? I must try!

--------------------

It is still spring now, I will continue tomorrow or at Monday.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 08:07:58 am by hun »

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe Baroness Derpy Dev is just freaking out because she knows for a fact that she saw the Other Side and heard a cherubim say, 'It's not your time yet.'

Just a thought.

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As one of the few dorfs to have not perished in the alternate universe, its good to see you all again  :)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28